Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | PERMANENTLY CLOSED pwyw reviws
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
@Wolfkai Added!

@Wolfkai Added!

viole - any pronouns but she/her - EST +3hr fr time
Note to anyone checking the thread:

I've been fighting my doctor/pharmacy to get my prescriptions, finishing up plans for a trip, and also it has been consistently wayy too hot here.

I'm doing my best to balance irl things with my online things/fun stuff, so my apologies for extra waits. I'm still very much intending to get back into this, but I didn't realize how busy things would be!
Note to anyone checking the thread:

I've been fighting my doctor/pharmacy to get my prescriptions, finishing up plans for a trip, and also it has been consistently wayy too hot here.

I'm doing my best to balance irl things with my online things/fun stuff, so my apologies for extra waits. I'm still very much intending to get back into this, but I didn't realize how busy things would be!
@TikindiDragon @crowbot I want to apologize and let you know your reviews will be worked on asap, but (and this is no excuse, I just want to explain) my apartment building caught fire and my emotional support cat was lost in the evacuation, and life has been crazy in general without break. I'm hoping to be in a stable situation soon and I will be closing shop unfortunately and there may be a delay. If you want a refun I absolutely understand.
@TikindiDragon @crowbot I want to apologize and let you know your reviews will be worked on asap, but (and this is no excuse, I just want to explain) my apartment building caught fire and my emotional support cat was lost in the evacuation, and life has been crazy in general without break. I'm hoping to be in a stable situation soon and I will be closing shop unfortunately and there may be a delay. If you want a refun I absolutely understand.
@roses thanks for the heads up! I appreciate that [emoji=familiar heart size=1] I'm sorry you have to go trough this
@roses thanks for the heads up! I appreciate that
I'm sorry you have to go trough this
6h4Ol4n.pngXiejUgd.pngvJUVQ0t.pngcGS2SD8.png
All people refunded- for right now, I'm going to close this thread permanently. I think this is the best decision as I have an unpredictable mental state that makes it unfair to the people who commission me.
All people refunded- for right now, I'm going to close this thread permanently. I think this is the best decision as I have an unpredictable mental state that makes it unfair to the people who commission me.
@TikindiDragon My apologies for the lateness of this review and the fact that it's incomplete, as well as the likelihood some information may now be irrelevant. You don't need to pay me for this, but I figure you might enjoy seeing what I had written for you! Honestly, choosing which dragon to begin this review with was harder than I typically find it- paging through your dragons I found all of them so charming and really enjoyed so many different aspects of their apparel, accents, color combinations/genes, and lore… Finally, I came up with a list of 10 solid candidates, and then I remembered the Hibernal Den exists! I was yet again blown away by your coordination with your dragons, the choices you made in every aspect of those in the embassy bringing them together to an absolutely stunning and eye catching page of some of my favorite parts of various flight aesthetics. I’d say every dragon there absolutely would warrant an honorable mention, but that would get a bit repetitive rather quickly. This is especially relevant due to the fact I can often find doubles to be a bit bland or predictable, but I feel these dragons really don’t need anything extra to make themselves stand out. I also admire your ability to choose just the right type and amount of festival apparel for the dragons as well as the careful layering for each. All of the accents also are perfectly selected, in my opinion. Finally, I have to add that I do find it impressive you managed to represent all of these flights so well on snappers with perfectly matched accents, seeing as there aren’t exactly many official snapper festival skins and accents- it just shows how much you went out of your way, and considering that “a lot of snappers” seems to be a very consistent theme in your lair as a whole, it makes sense that you’d choose them. Keeping them all one breed also makes them much more aesthetically pleasing to look at as a whole. I really enjoy looking at flight representatives you have two or more of, because it really shows off your careful choices and is impressive that despite similarities they can stand apart from each other quite solidly. All of this planning, and I end up so charmed that I’m writing this much about this tab! It’s hard to even pick one or two of these sweethearts to review, but I don’t want to only do your tab on the embassy- I don’t think that’d be as fun of a review for you, though I’d quite enjoy it, so I’m trying to highlight the best parts of what I see in all of these dragons. If you ever do want that, I suppose you’d know who to go to! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10942253] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/109423/10942253_350.png[/img] [/url] Finally, with that rambling over, we arrive at Hleruth as the first dragon in this review, and one of the two flight embassies I’ve chosen for this review simply because I found my eyes drawn to him time and time again, despite all of the gorgeous, colorful outfits gracing this page. His colors are beautiful, and I particularly enjoy the choice of denim crystal for his primary. The darker deep-sea like color really is gorgeous, and I particularly like the contrast of some lighter highlights on his facial features that lead into a dark denim chin. Crystal is really a clever decision, both to tie in the additional colors from his fin jewels and Undine’s flatfins with this coloration, but also in how much it evokes watery imagery. His darker primary is particularly lovely since that it highlights the beautiful caribbean facet, which reminds me of a more stereotypical sea color- the type you’d see on a particularly sunny day at the beach. I really love how unlike denim’s crystal bringing in those other colors, the facet here is nearly purely blue, and the brighter highlights match the fathomsearch spirit jug just perfectly. I swear, the coloration here is just perfect and helps draw the very best from his apparel.I’ll admit to feeling neutral about the gembond, but it isn’t a bad choice as much as it just doesn’t particularly seem to add anything for me- that said, it isn’t a bad choice. Though looking closer, I do enjoy the effect it has on the back leg in combination with his accent- they blend together rather well, the darker parts of the carribbean gembond matching some of the blue-ish tinting in the coral and making it to appear as a continuing jagged formation as it is on the other legs. The accent is a really wonderful choice all in all, because I just adore that aesthetic and the fact it’s based around the flight’s eggs- what a great choice! The little bubbles scattered throughout also really help to keep that illusion of water. I especially like how these bubbles look on the back wing, which would otherwise look a bit plain, and they look very nice with the strings of beads from the fin jewels. On top of the general loveliness, I think that this accent really ties in the seashell mantle, which might otherwise look pretty out of place in a very blue and purple watery aesthetic. The apparel here is very wonderfully layered. A lot of this I wouldn’t have thought to put together- normally, I’d imagine the metallic and bright fin jewels to look quite out of place combined with the more natural aesthetic of the seashell mantle, but due to the careful consideration of coloration, accents, and layering, it’s more like they frame it than drown it out. In a way, I have mixed feelings on them covering up the spirit jug- I initially saw it as a positive, because I generally dislike the look of the jug in most outfits, but it is a shame to have less of that rope-y natural texture standing out. That said, it still is something you can see, so it isn’t a huge deal, I just really enjoy how it plays with the seashell mantle. The single thing I don’t necessarily agree with or see the point of having in this outfit would be the diver sash, which to me just looks very odd to be sitting right behind the jug’s ties and is really lost in how busy this outfit is. However, I understand that to a large degree this outfit is showing off just what festival apparel there has been to offer over the years, and it is part of it- however, I do think it could potentially make Melrith’s outfit have a more water theme while still looking appropriately formal and look quite nice rather than being something that additionally clutters an already busy outfit. The bright emblem even matches the caribbean underbelly quite nicely, and the duller purpler tone looks very nice with the accent. However, I am aware it doesn’t quite suit the diver’s armband- though I have mixed feelings about that in Melrith’s outfit to begin with, as to me his outfit reads very modern formal and it looks a lot more “ancient” than the rest and his accent. In my opinion it suits Taimath quite well, though her outfit is a bit plain or simple in general- I realize it’s probably a work in progress, and I can’t imagine it’s the most easy to have three separate dragons with the same theme that is also based around exclusive items. That said, you hardly notice it if you aren’t looking too closely, which is good in the sense that unless you’re staring at this dragon like an absolute maniac for an hour like me, you won’t be noticing, but it also is a shame to have what I think is a really charming item lost in the outfit. I imagine if you were focused on just a more “metallic”-y fantastical theme, it could also look very nice with the fin jewels if you don’t mind repeating items. I really enjoy how Undine’s flatfins look in this outfit all in all, and I’ve noted that denim crystal is just perfect for tying that color in. The layering is a bit odd, but I acknowledge in this case there just isn’t really much else that can be done to receive the effect that you’ve created. Of course choosing one aesthetic would make a more coherent theme, but I think you’ve actually done an amazing job combining them in such a way that they work together despite their differences, and it’s part of the unique appeal to Hleurth’s outfit- marrying all of these pieces together in a way that works is quite impressive. I’m aware I might sound too critical, so I apologize if that’s the case, but this outfit feels like it had more thought put into it than slapping the pieces together and calling it a day, so I felt it deserved to be given a good bit of thought. And also, I just really liked taking apart the things I like and dislike about something that to me is very impressive and I would likely be unable to take on. Hleurth is a really solid water embassy, and I really liked giving him some deep thought! (Haha, deep, like im in deep water, wow that is a stretch now isn’t it?)
@TikindiDragon

My apologies for the lateness of this review and the fact that it's incomplete, as well as the likelihood some information may now be irrelevant. You don't need to pay me for this, but I figure you might enjoy seeing what I had written for you!

Honestly, choosing which dragon to begin this review with was harder than I typically find it- paging through your dragons I found all of them so charming and really enjoyed so many different aspects of their apparel, accents, color combinations/genes, and lore… Finally, I came up with a list of 10 solid candidates, and then I remembered the Hibernal Den exists! I was yet again blown away by your coordination with your dragons, the choices you made in every aspect of those in the embassy bringing them together to an absolutely stunning and eye catching page of some of my favorite parts of various flight aesthetics.

I’d say every dragon there absolutely would warrant an honorable mention, but that would get a bit repetitive rather quickly. This is especially relevant due to the fact I can often find doubles to be a bit bland or predictable, but I feel these dragons really don’t need anything extra to make themselves stand out. I also admire your ability to choose just the right type and amount of festival apparel for the dragons as well as the careful layering for each. All of the accents also are perfectly selected, in my opinion. Finally, I have to add that I do find it impressive you managed to represent all of these flights so well on snappers with perfectly matched accents, seeing as there aren’t exactly many official snapper festival skins and accents- it just shows how much you went out of your way, and considering that “a lot of snappers” seems to be a very consistent theme in your lair as a whole, it makes sense that you’d choose them. Keeping them all one breed also makes them much more aesthetically pleasing to look at as a whole.

I really enjoy looking at flight representatives you have two or more of, because it really shows off your careful choices and is impressive that despite similarities they can stand apart from each other quite solidly. All of this planning, and I end up so charmed that I’m writing this much about this tab! It’s hard to even pick one or two of these sweethearts to review, but I don’t want to only do your tab on the embassy- I don’t think that’d be as fun of a review for you, though I’d quite enjoy it, so I’m trying to highlight the best parts of what I see in all of these dragons. If you ever do want that, I suppose you’d know who to go to!

10942253_350.png

Finally, with that rambling over, we arrive at Hleruth as the first dragon in this review, and one of the two flight embassies I’ve chosen for this review simply because I found my eyes drawn to him time and time again, despite all of the gorgeous, colorful outfits gracing this page. His colors are beautiful, and I particularly enjoy the choice of denim crystal for his primary. The darker deep-sea like color really is gorgeous, and I particularly like the contrast of some lighter highlights on his facial features that lead into a dark denim chin. Crystal is really a clever decision, both to tie in the additional colors from his fin jewels and Undine’s flatfins with this coloration, but also in how much it evokes watery imagery. His darker primary is particularly lovely since that it highlights the beautiful caribbean facet, which reminds me of a more stereotypical sea color- the type you’d see on a particularly sunny day at the beach. I really love how unlike denim’s crystal bringing in those other colors, the facet here is nearly purely blue, and the brighter highlights match the fathomsearch spirit jug just perfectly.

I swear, the coloration here is just perfect and helps draw the very best from his apparel.I’ll admit to feeling neutral about the gembond, but it isn’t a bad choice as much as it just doesn’t particularly seem to add anything for me- that said, it isn’t a bad choice. Though looking closer, I do enjoy the effect it has on the back leg in combination with his accent- they blend together rather well, the darker parts of the carribbean gembond matching some of the blue-ish tinting in the coral and making it to appear as a continuing jagged formation as it is on the other legs. The accent is a really wonderful choice all in all, because I just adore that aesthetic and the fact it’s based around the flight’s eggs- what a great choice! The little bubbles scattered throughout also really help to keep that illusion of water. I especially like how these bubbles look on the back wing, which would otherwise look a bit plain, and they look very nice with the strings of beads from the fin jewels. On top of the general loveliness, I think that this accent really ties in the seashell mantle, which might otherwise look pretty out of place in a very blue and purple watery aesthetic.

The apparel here is very wonderfully layered. A lot of this I wouldn’t have thought to put together- normally, I’d imagine the metallic and bright fin jewels to look quite out of place combined with the more natural aesthetic of the seashell mantle, but due to the careful consideration of coloration, accents, and layering, it’s more like they frame it than drown it out. In a way, I have mixed feelings on them covering up the spirit jug- I initially saw it as a positive, because I generally dislike the look of the jug in most outfits, but it is a shame to have less of that rope-y natural texture standing out. That said, it still is something you can see, so it isn’t a huge deal, I just really enjoy how it plays with the seashell mantle. The single thing I don’t necessarily agree with or see the point of having in this outfit would be the diver sash, which to me just looks very odd to be sitting right behind the jug’s ties and is really lost in how busy this outfit is. However, I understand that to a large degree this outfit is showing off just what festival apparel there has been to offer over the years, and it is part of it- however, I do think it could potentially make Melrith’s outfit have a more water theme while still looking appropriately formal and look quite nice rather than being something that additionally clutters an already busy outfit. The bright emblem even matches the caribbean underbelly quite nicely, and the duller purpler tone looks very nice with the accent. However, I am aware it doesn’t quite suit the diver’s armband- though I have mixed feelings about that in Melrith’s outfit to begin with, as to me his outfit reads very modern formal and it looks a lot more “ancient” than the rest and his accent. In my opinion it suits Taimath quite well, though her outfit is a bit plain or simple in general- I realize it’s probably a work in progress, and I can’t imagine it’s the most easy to have three separate dragons with the same theme that is also based around exclusive items. That said, you hardly notice it if you aren’t looking too closely, which is good in the sense that unless you’re staring at this dragon like an absolute maniac for an hour like me, you won’t be noticing, but it also is a shame to have what I think is a really charming item lost in the outfit. I imagine if you were focused on just a more “metallic”-y fantastical theme, it could also look very nice with the fin jewels if you don’t mind repeating items. I really enjoy how Undine’s flatfins look in this outfit all in all, and I’ve noted that denim crystal is just perfect for tying that color in. The layering is a bit odd, but I acknowledge in this case there just isn’t really much else that can be done to receive the effect that you’ve created.

Of course choosing one aesthetic would make a more coherent theme, but I think you’ve actually done an amazing job combining them in such a way that they work together despite their differences, and it’s part of the unique appeal to Hleurth’s outfit- marrying all of these pieces together in a way that works is quite impressive. I’m aware I might sound too critical, so I apologize if that’s the case, but this outfit feels like it had more thought put into it than slapping the pieces together and calling it a day, so I felt it deserved to be given a good bit of thought. And also, I just really liked taking apart the things I like and dislike about something that to me is very impressive and I would likely be unable to take on. Hleurth is a really solid water embassy, and I really liked giving him some deep thought! (Haha, deep, like im in deep water, wow that is a stretch now isn’t it?)

1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24