Back

Find a Dragon

Search for the perfect dragon.
TOPIC | The Dragonwish Foundation
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 972 973
@Ganondorf

I've played this game off and on since 2014, and I know a lot has changed. They've added tons of genes and colors, along with new dragon breeds. I think it's a good idea for new(er) breeders to have some sort of challenge, just so they can either get familiar with how things work, or to understand a little better how it's harder than just putting two different dragons together and hoping that it works out. I know it also took me a bit when I first joined to fully understand, through trial and error, how the breeding worked, and everything that was involved with it.
@Ganondorf

I've played this game off and on since 2014, and I know a lot has changed. They've added tons of genes and colors, along with new dragon breeds. I think it's a good idea for new(er) breeders to have some sort of challenge, just so they can either get familiar with how things work, or to understand a little better how it's harder than just putting two different dragons together and hoping that it works out. I know it also took me a bit when I first joined to fully understand, through trial and error, how the breeding worked, and everything that was involved with it.
Te amo mucho mi principe~
@Ganondorf

My project is going ok, I'm a smidge disheartened by how long it's taking since the other two projects I've done were very short comparatively, but I still feel like I can finish it!

I think the entrance requirement is a good idea, it makes a lot of sense to give newbies some idea of what they're signing themselves up for before assigning them a wish.

My introduction to the foundation felt pretty smooth, and I got a very easy wish to start, so no complaints there!
@Ganondorf

My project is going ok, I'm a smidge disheartened by how long it's taking since the other two projects I've done were very short comparatively, but I still feel like I can finish it!

I think the entrance requirement is a good idea, it makes a lot of sense to give newbies some idea of what they're signing themselves up for before assigning them a wish.

My introduction to the foundation felt pretty smooth, and I got a very easy wish to start, so no complaints there!
MO9OuYn.gif
One of my Wish projects has an over abundance of starters... but I am quickly breeding in Common breeds to get rid of Coatl/WC/Imps... so it should streamline pretty fast. The other is gonna take some work, despite all the starters I have. Only 2 pairs can even produce the right color combo. So I will be scouring for more soon.. though they will have to be longer range then I like...but I got this!
One of my Wish projects has an over abundance of starters... but I am quickly breeding in Common breeds to get rid of Coatl/WC/Imps... so it should streamline pretty fast. The other is gonna take some work, despite all the starters I have. Only 2 pairs can even produce the right color combo. So I will be scouring for more soon.. though they will have to be longer range then I like...but I got this!
tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
@Ganondorf

I think the entrance requirement isn't too bad of an idea. It's good for new breeders to have an idea of what they're getting into when they get into it!

My project is pretty alright! I bred a baby with the right colors, but wrong gender and genes, so I've been getting pretty close! Just takes some patience and trial and error, since I got a new lady dragon to try to get the right baby with!
@Ganondorf

I think the entrance requirement isn't too bad of an idea. It's good for new breeders to have an idea of what they're getting into when they get into it!

My project is pretty alright! I bred a baby with the right colors, but wrong gender and genes, so I've been getting pretty close! Just takes some patience and trial and error, since I got a new lady dragon to try to get the right baby with!
PWSZq63.png
@Ganondorf I think what you described is a very good idea! But I do see how presenting it as an entrance test would deter people from wanting to be breeders for the DWF, so it's kind of a double-edged sword. You don't want to end up with unreliable breeders who will disappear and/or drop projects, but it also doesn't help if prospective breeders are chased away.

I remember when I first asked to be a breeder here, you asked what breeding projects I had already done, and I think I linked you to my first few successful personal projects, and I feel like having that be the "official" entrance test/technical interview would be best, and then just make it known that each new breeder is assigned a "starter" project before they get to work on an actual wish. That way, I feel at least, it doesn't seem like a test, but still achieves the same thing, by giving new breeders something to get their feet wet, but that doesn't do a lot of harm if they decide to drop out mid-project.

TL;DR: It's all about how you present it. I think your idea will work great, as long as you don't present the first assigned project as a test, but just as the first thing every new breeder has to do to help out the DWF before they get to pick up a wish.
@Ganondorf I think what you described is a very good idea! But I do see how presenting it as an entrance test would deter people from wanting to be breeders for the DWF, so it's kind of a double-edged sword. You don't want to end up with unreliable breeders who will disappear and/or drop projects, but it also doesn't help if prospective breeders are chased away.

I remember when I first asked to be a breeder here, you asked what breeding projects I had already done, and I think I linked you to my first few successful personal projects, and I feel like having that be the "official" entrance test/technical interview would be best, and then just make it known that each new breeder is assigned a "starter" project before they get to work on an actual wish. That way, I feel at least, it doesn't seem like a test, but still achieves the same thing, by giving new breeders something to get their feet wet, but that doesn't do a lot of harm if they decide to drop out mid-project.

TL;DR: It's all about how you present it. I think your idea will work great, as long as you don't present the first assigned project as a test, but just as the first thing every new breeder has to do to help out the DWF before they get to pick up a wish.
TFmPIfy.png
@Ganondorf I think that's a good idea! It allows the potential breeder time to get used to the process with an easy request and shows that they would be dedicated in the future. While entry requirements may deter some, I think that those who would truly wanted to help would be able to look past it. And my breeding project is going well, just a small curse of bad luck. Got the correct colors and genes... on the wrong gender. Twice. I'll get it eventually! [emoji=spiral winking size=1]
@Ganondorf I think that's a good idea! It allows the potential breeder time to get used to the process with an easy request and shows that they would be dedicated in the future. While entry requirements may deter some, I think that those who would truly wanted to help would be able to look past it. And my breeding project is going well, just a small curse of bad luck. Got the correct colors and genes... on the wrong gender. Twice. I'll get it eventually!
V4QfEIY.png
@Ganondorf

I think I'm doing pretty well! My best pair has a 2/2/1 range, and I'm working on setting up some more~ I'm looking forward to getting my first wish fulfilled. It feels a bit like earning my stripes, aha.

I'm doing a little bit of cleaning up, since my lair space is running dangerously low - Give me a shout if anyone in this tab from Nixium onward would be a good candidate for our dragon sales!

(I noticed you mentioned a discord a while back - if it's still around, would you mind shooting me an invite? c:)
@Ganondorf

I think I'm doing pretty well! My best pair has a 2/2/1 range, and I'm working on setting up some more~ I'm looking forward to getting my first wish fulfilled. It feels a bit like earning my stripes, aha.

I'm doing a little bit of cleaning up, since my lair space is running dangerously low - Give me a shout if anyone in this tab from Nixium onward would be a good candidate for our dragon sales!

(I noticed you mentioned a discord a while back - if it's still around, would you mind shooting me an invite? c:)
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
*waves hello*

Sorry to ping so close to rollover! I just struck gold, and if any of you happened to be online to spare a nest tonight or tomorrow, it'd be much appreciated~

@PocketD @Roheryn @VoyagerII
*waves hello*

Sorry to ping so close to rollover! I just struck gold, and if any of you happened to be online to spare a nest tonight or tomorrow, it'd be much appreciated~

@PocketD @Roheryn @VoyagerII
2db8adadca3ef8633cbd21fe5b445b5d349eabdb.png
@Ganondorf sounds like a good idea to me, my only concern would be having a newbie working with coatls/WC because of cooling periods, sure you can speed it up a bit with more pairs but then that means more lair space which they might not have. I am going slow but steady with my wishes, hopefully I will get a boy with filigree on the nest I put today for [b]Kisk[/b] wish. I already bred out of the two requested dregs to be unrelated to so from here on it's just being careful of not mixing old blood back in. That boy will be matched with botany's girl. On [b]Gyo[/b]'s wish I finally feel I am making serious progress after a couple of private breeding requests and some luck with people agreeing to sell me a couple of dergs I found via search. I already have opal and I will be able to introduce bee on the next breeding, still narrowing down colors and I have kept gem primary because I haven't found anything close worth the downgrade. We might need to buy it. [b]Faal[/b]'s wish I am just working my way out of circuit and I only have one coatl left in there... but he is the only one with metal/alloy so I am probably breeding him several times depending on my luck and just keep looking for more options. Hubby has this annoying boy who if he was a she we would dare to ask if they want to keep but noo of course it had to be a boy >_< [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=53025162] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/530252/53025162_350.png[/img] [/url] the parents will breed again in hopes for a girl, but the range is not that tight so still looking for a mate for him. There is just a lot of inbreeding going on there, it's [b]Sejjo[/b]'s wish.
@Ganondorf sounds like a good idea to me, my only concern would be having a newbie working with coatls/WC because of cooling periods, sure you can speed it up a bit with more pairs but then that means more lair space which they might not have.

I am going slow but steady with my wishes, hopefully I will get a boy with filigree on the nest I put today for Kisk wish. I already bred out of the two requested dregs to be unrelated to so from here on it's just being careful of not mixing old blood back in. That boy will be matched with botany's girl.

On Gyo's wish I finally feel I am making serious progress after a couple of private breeding requests and some luck with people agreeing to sell me a couple of dergs I found via search. I already have opal and I will be able to introduce bee on the next breeding, still narrowing down colors and I have kept gem primary because I haven't found anything close worth the downgrade. We might need to buy it.

Faal's wish I am just working my way out of circuit and I only have one coatl left in there... but he is the only one with metal/alloy so I am probably breeding him several times depending on my luck and just keep looking for more options.

Hubby has this annoying boy who if he was a she we would dare to ask if they want to keep but noo of course it had to be a boy >_<

53025162_350.png
the parents will breed again in hopes for a girl, but the range is not that tight so still looking for a mate for him. There is just a lot of inbreeding going on there, it's Sejjo's wish.

45797576.png
@Ganondorf

Hi, my current project is going okay I think, I'm not feeling discouraged but I know I picked something fairly easy since i'm not super experienced.

I understand where you are coming from with having a sort of "entrance exam" to weed out unreliable breeders and give new members some experience. I think those things are important and it would be interesting to see if an "entrance exam" helped find more reliable breeders.

However, I don't think I have joined DWF if there was a sort of entrance exam, I just would have taken that as "this is for experienced breeders so don't bother". I only joined because i'd never done a project before but my girlfriend bred for DWF and I saw one that looked interesting so I wanted to try it (and now i'm hooked and have also started having my own projects and projects for friends who play), so I also think an entrance exam might alienate people who could be really interested and reliable.

@Ganondorf

Hi, my current project is going okay I think, I'm not feeling discouraged but I know I picked something fairly easy since i'm not super experienced.

I understand where you are coming from with having a sort of "entrance exam" to weed out unreliable breeders and give new members some experience. I think those things are important and it would be interesting to see if an "entrance exam" helped find more reliable breeders.

However, I don't think I have joined DWF if there was a sort of entrance exam, I just would have taken that as "this is for experienced breeders so don't bother". I only joined because i'd never done a project before but my girlfriend bred for DWF and I saw one that looked interesting so I wanted to try it (and now i'm hooked and have also started having my own projects and projects for friends who play), so I also think an entrance exam might alienate people who could be really interested and reliable.

GujRVNB.gif
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 ... 972 973