Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | dreams into stories!! a thread.
1 2 3
Do you guys just ever have those dreams where your brain just explodes and creates an entirely new character, setting, etc. and you just wake up and be confused and yet, excited because you just got a new idea?

It's happened to me a couple times before actually. One dream I had is where I was stuck on an desert-island filled with gargoyles, orcs, and weird pterodactyl looking things (they kinda looked like a cross between a Demogorgon and a demon almost?) and they were all separated into two different tribes, the Monothinx and the Galadriel. The Monothinx were aggressive and just downright salty™ and no one ever liked them.

And the Galadriel were mainly chill but never really let anyone in their tribe unless they were trusted. And it was always night time there for some reason...
Do you guys just ever have those dreams where your brain just explodes and creates an entirely new character, setting, etc. and you just wake up and be confused and yet, excited because you just got a new idea?

It's happened to me a couple times before actually. One dream I had is where I was stuck on an desert-island filled with gargoyles, orcs, and weird pterodactyl looking things (they kinda looked like a cross between a Demogorgon and a demon almost?) and they were all separated into two different tribes, the Monothinx and the Galadriel. The Monothinx were aggressive and just downright salty™ and no one ever liked them.

And the Galadriel were mainly chill but never really let anyone in their tribe unless they were trusted. And it was always night time there for some reason...
GLADEKEEPER_sig.png
@polariess

aaa yes I've had those!! Love intricate dreams!
That sounds like a very interesting setting though *-* Do you usually write it down?

I've had several of those where I try to write it down as fast as possible as to not loose the details of it . Since the dream is usually stuck for a long time, but interesting details kinda just woosh after a while
@polariess

aaa yes I've had those!! Love intricate dreams!
That sounds like a very interesting setting though *-* Do you usually write it down?

I've had several of those where I try to write it down as fast as possible as to not loose the details of it . Since the dream is usually stuck for a long time, but interesting details kinda just woosh after a while
P8PTesm.png
i do this ALL THE TIME, as soon as i wake up i grab my phone head onto notes and write it down lol
i do this ALL THE TIME, as soon as i wake up i grab my phone head onto notes and write it down lol
@Shoz i don't, since i can remember most of them without any problem. but I probably should sometime now that I think about it lol
@Shoz i don't, since i can remember most of them without any problem. but I probably should sometime now that I think about it lol
GLADEKEEPER_sig.png
Y e s

I had one dream ages ago (that technically consisted of me, one of my OCs named Mina, and a character from Kingdom Hearts named Vanitas...I think that’s how you spell his name, anyway) that inspired a whole scene in one of the stories I’m currently working on.
And then there was the most recent one that I had a couple weeks ago, that gave me a bit of story dialogue (and character dev. for the two “we’re bad guys, yes, but we aren’t bad people” Characters) as well.
And then there was that OTHER dream forever ago that gave me a bit of insight on two of my characters, Tamasine and Naomi, backstories (I think it also stating that they knew Sapphire, another one of the characters, before...).
Y e s

I had one dream ages ago (that technically consisted of me, one of my OCs named Mina, and a character from Kingdom Hearts named Vanitas...I think that’s how you spell his name, anyway) that inspired a whole scene in one of the stories I’m currently working on.
And then there was the most recent one that I had a couple weeks ago, that gave me a bit of story dialogue (and character dev. for the two “we’re bad guys, yes, but we aren’t bad people” Characters) as well.
And then there was that OTHER dream forever ago that gave me a bit of insight on two of my characters, Tamasine and Naomi, backstories (I think it also stating that they knew Sapphire, another one of the characters, before...).

Puppy
She/Her - FR+3
FR Writer/Artist Discord
aaaa
I had dream where there was a secret society of faeries, but they carried highly infectious diseases, and disguised themselves as butterflies. They flew around infecting people, everyone blamed not butterflies, but mosquitoes, and the butterflies only got away with it because they’re pretty.

That’s how I got my lair aesthetic by the way.
I had dream where there was a secret society of faeries, but they carried highly infectious diseases, and disguised themselves as butterflies. They flew around infecting people, everyone blamed not butterflies, but mosquitoes, and the butterflies only got away with it because they’re pretty.

That’s how I got my lair aesthetic by the way.
"Who decides the fate of dragons?"
I don’t sub to threads.
i had a dream once about a triple gem-gene (crystal-facet-one other) pure white coatl if that counts
i had a dream once about a triple gem-gene (crystal-facet-one other) pure white coatl if that counts
One time I had a dream and it was a crossover between Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe, and it would've made for some LIT fanfiction, let me tell you... even I never suspected the twist ending that Amethyst was Bill Cipher all along!
One time I had a dream and it was a crossover between Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe, and it would've made for some LIT fanfiction, let me tell you... even I never suspected the twist ending that Amethyst was Bill Cipher all along!
8HtYjYR.jpg art-shop-icon_orig.jpg EE6A8YJ.jpg
my favourite dream ever was basically a spooky new vegas dream it was great

i was my courier and i'd.. i don't know HOW i ended up their but i did. it was an old frontier town, and EVERYONE was dressed in period clothing and talked like it was still the gold rush and only accepted pre-war money. dream logic told me it was probably just a weird gang or something, like the kings, and they were just SUPER dedicated.
except it was like.. off?? if i went too far out of town and came back they acted like they'd just met me. and they repeated the same conversations over and over every day, and acted out the exact same actions.
like, MORE than an NPC "should" you know?

and every morning without fail there'd be a giant puddle of blood at the base of the clock tower, because of course it'd have a clock tower.

so clearly something bad had happened and it had something to do with the clock tower, and me/my courier HAD to get in it. but there was always law enforcement standing around in front of the clock tower all day, and there was like. a THING keeping the doors closed at night

so dream logic told me i needed to find a camera, steal it, and go to specific spots in town and take pictures, and that'd unlock the door, because this is fatal frame now i guess??

i never DID find out what was in the clock tower. the dream changed into another dream right as i was gonna go inside
my favourite dream ever was basically a spooky new vegas dream it was great

i was my courier and i'd.. i don't know HOW i ended up their but i did. it was an old frontier town, and EVERYONE was dressed in period clothing and talked like it was still the gold rush and only accepted pre-war money. dream logic told me it was probably just a weird gang or something, like the kings, and they were just SUPER dedicated.
except it was like.. off?? if i went too far out of town and came back they acted like they'd just met me. and they repeated the same conversations over and over every day, and acted out the exact same actions.
like, MORE than an NPC "should" you know?

and every morning without fail there'd be a giant puddle of blood at the base of the clock tower, because of course it'd have a clock tower.

so clearly something bad had happened and it had something to do with the clock tower, and me/my courier HAD to get in it. but there was always law enforcement standing around in front of the clock tower all day, and there was like. a THING keeping the doors closed at night

so dream logic told me i needed to find a camera, steal it, and go to specific spots in town and take pictures, and that'd unlock the door, because this is fatal frame now i guess??

i never DID find out what was in the clock tower. the dream changed into another dream right as i was gonna go inside
MkrY.png
AW YEAH i [i]always[/i] have wild dreams, and since i love writing stories, they're always giving me some good content. a couple of my main stories have come from dreams, and tbh i try to look at as much weird stuff as possible before bed to try and have weird dreams. i've been writing them down in my phone but now i've actually started a dream journal using a small journal thing i got from germany. it's always fun to kill my wrist first thing in the morning LOL some of my favorite dreams that i've turned into stories are the oddly in depth ones where i have a POV as a character, or i'm actually there as myself. i recently had an odd dream about turning into some weird demon that corroded everything i touched, and then another dream a while back where i turned into some weird zombie-human hybrid and had to live underground. there was also another weird dream i had where the one main character somehow got some "corrupted blood" and turned into some weird bug hybrid and forgot how to act human LOL. i've also had other dreams about kids with electricity powers getting hunted down, a human getting trapped in some underworld surrounded by monsters and supernatural creatures, plenty of BNHA-related dreams that give me content for my superhero story, and so much more... i'm sure i have a full list somewhere [emoji=skull size=1]
AW YEAH

i always have wild dreams, and since i love writing stories, they're always giving me some good content. a couple of my main stories have come from dreams, and tbh i try to look at as much weird stuff as possible before bed to try and have weird dreams.

i've been writing them down in my phone but now i've actually started a dream journal using a small journal thing i got from germany. it's always fun to kill my wrist first thing in the morning LOL

some of my favorite dreams that i've turned into stories are the oddly in depth ones where i have a POV as a character, or i'm actually there as myself. i recently had an odd dream about turning into some weird demon that corroded everything i touched, and then another dream a while back where i turned into some weird zombie-human hybrid and had to live underground. there was also another weird dream i had where the one main character somehow got some "corrupted blood" and turned into some weird bug hybrid and forgot how to act human LOL.

i've also had other dreams about kids with electricity powers getting hunted down, a human getting trapped in some underworld surrounded by monsters and supernatural creatures, plenty of BNHA-related dreams that give me content for my superhero story, and so much more... i'm sure i have a full list somewhere
y6Tz96p.png
5hF3FGk.png
1 2 3