Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 6th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 155 156 157 158 159 ... 182 183
[quote name="Lilian" date="2019-06-09 18:47:48" ] I seriously don't get this new gene "type" system. It's incredibly messy and confusing... I mean, in the previous update they announced that ancient breeds were going to have exclusive genes. If they ONLY had those, it would be understandable to have the dragon's genes reset to basic under a breedchange scroll. However, turns out most of the ancient breed genes are actually regular genes...?? What's the logic in this? If the idea was making regular genes available for them too, then why not just adapt all the existent genes for them already and thus allow breed changing to keep the dragon's original look? Or even, why the heck do we need different scrolls for ancient breeds when they are the exact.same.genes!! This is one of the most redundant systems I've seen in this site, geez. [/quote] That is a concern to me too (the messy part). I'm wondering what the store will look like when more Ancients start appearing. I have this feeling many people will buy the wrong genes by accident while in a rush (as the icons are small and the breed name gets cut off). Maybe a separate specialty tab for Ancients would be nice. This is a really good update nevertheless, I love this breed and its unique genes and plan to fill my lair with them eventually. @Lilian
Lilian wrote on 2019-06-09 18:47:48:
I seriously don't get this new gene "type" system. It's incredibly messy and confusing... I mean, in the previous update they announced that ancient breeds were going to have exclusive genes. If they ONLY had those, it would be understandable to have the dragon's genes reset to basic under a breedchange scroll.

However, turns out most of the ancient breed genes are actually regular genes...?? What's the logic in this? If the idea was making regular genes available for them too, then why not just adapt all the existent genes for them already and thus allow breed changing to keep the dragon's original look? Or even, why the heck do we need different scrolls for ancient breeds when they are the exact.same.genes!!

This is one of the most redundant systems I've seen in this site, geez.

That is a concern to me too (the messy part). I'm wondering what the store will look like when more Ancients start appearing. I have this feeling many people will buy the wrong genes by accident while in a rush (as the icons are small and the breed name gets cut off). Maybe a separate specialty tab for Ancients would be nice.

This is a really good update nevertheless, I love this breed and its unique genes and plan to fill my lair with them eventually.

@Lilian
(+3 FR time)
Pastel and horror lair
I don't reply to front page posts often, but... I gotta say...

I LOOOOOVE this whole idea and the artwork that's coming with it. Feels almost like a whole new game. :D
I don't reply to front page posts often, but... I gotta say...

I LOOOOOVE this whole idea and the artwork that's coming with it. Feels almost like a whole new game. :D
8186381ab2184c9289f8d854090be31f-d9pybxb.png
Absolutely love this ancient floofer. I immediate changed my clan leader derg to a gaoler, and am excited to collect more of 'em!
Absolutely love this ancient floofer. I immediate changed my clan leader derg to a gaoler, and am excited to collect more of 'em!
S0DOppf.pngbicatcher.png
I brought back my progen to turn him from Tundra to Gaoler and I'm happy with him. I've got plans. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69120/6911976_350.png[/img]
I brought back my progen to turn him from Tundra to Gaoler and I'm happy with him. I've got plans.
6911976_350.png
FR +9
I keep reading Galore's Glorious Gifts as Gilmore's Glorious Goods...
I keep reading Galore's Glorious Gifts as Gilmore's Glorious Goods...
tell the judge that i'm innocent // tell the jury i'm no one at all
i hope there will be more ancient breeds in the future this one is AMAZING [emoji=gaoler love size=1]
i hope there will be more ancient breeds in the future this one is AMAZING
but i wanted meat-heat
but i wanted meat-heat
forum%20banner%201.png forum%20banner%20extra.png forum%20banner%202.png
So will the ancient breads entirely replace full backlog modern breeds as far as development, or will we still get those when the time is right?
So will the ancient breads entirely replace full backlog modern breeds as far as development, or will we still get those when the time is right?
4qcj.png tumblr_inline_njucf1YnRj1r7wjf7.png ~They/Them
~+3 hours FR Time
~Shameless Fan Dragon Lair
~I Love Friend Requests
~Need cheap fodder? Pre-order a nest full! 1 gem down, 3 gems per egg
tumblr_inline_njucf2ZZft1r7wjf7.png tumblr_p6un9pL5QF1utez9io3_100.png
really upset that using the breed change scroll resets all the dragons genes to basic even if the gene is the exact same (pie/paint pearlcatcher to gaoler)… I don't understand why I have to rebuy expensive genes that were already on the dragon. Why don't they just transfer over???

Edit: ive seen what the admins said about it
makes sense lore-wise but come ON!? absolutely ridiculous in the long run
really upset that using the breed change scroll resets all the dragons genes to basic even if the gene is the exact same (pie/paint pearlcatcher to gaoler)… I don't understand why I have to rebuy expensive genes that were already on the dragon. Why don't they just transfer over???

Edit: ive seen what the admins said about it
makes sense lore-wise but come ON!? absolutely ridiculous in the long run
I collect birds! All birds! Any birds! Birds!!!!W1Dayps.png
Are the new coli genes in any specific venues or are they anywhere?
Are the new coli genes in any specific venues or are they anywhere?
1 2 ... 155 156 157 158 159 ... 182 183