Back

Find a Dragon

Search for the perfect dragon.
TOPIC | [LF] Rental Gladiator
I have no idea what people usually charge to rent out a dragon that is suitable to level other dragons but I would like to look into it so I can get a better start in the coliseum. As it is I have been leveling an entire team from level one and not using potions. This is taking a lot longer than I expected! Looks don't matter, just the ability to help my dragons level so they can take over for the rental dragon when they're high enough.
I have no idea what people usually charge to rent out a dragon that is suitable to level other dragons but I would like to look into it so I can get a better start in the coliseum. As it is I have been leveling an entire team from level one and not using potions. This is taking a lot longer than I expected! Looks don't matter, just the ability to help my dragons level so they can take over for the rental dragon when they're high enough.
Check your flights forums, they could have a lending thread?
Check your flights forums, they could have a lending thread?
YLpz8d9K_o.gif
Oh I will do, thank you!
Oh I will do, thank you!
@StarlinRae

Also check these two links -- I looked at your progens, and you're not efficiently assigning your skills. (I did the same before I found these links... I'm not ultra-efficiency on the topic, but I did notice an improvement when I started trying to hew to these.)

Default Coliseum stats: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710/1#3140736

Sedona build: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2217190/1
@StarlinRae

Also check these two links -- I looked at your progens, and you're not efficiently assigning your skills. (I did the same before I found these links... I'm not ultra-efficiency on the topic, but I did notice an improvement when I started trying to hew to these.)

Default Coliseum stats: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710/1#3140736

Sedona build: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2217190/1
Thank you for the advice @ArchangelBeth I'll give it a look-see right now. Is there any way to fix their messed up stats?
Thank you for the advice @ArchangelBeth I'll give it a look-see right now. Is there any way to fix their messed up stats?
@StarlinRae

What I've been doing is just wincing slightly at what I did to my early attempts and going on from there -- mostly just focusing on adding stuff to STR for the fighters, but I also had enough in Quick that I decided to try to develop one of those as a Sedona build.

If you have Rally and Ambush, that can atone for a lot of sins as well -- my main leveler/hunter does that.

If you want to reset and build their stats from scratch, you go to the Marketplace (Battle tab) and get a Tincture of Dissolution (about 30,000 treasure unless your flight has Dominance). That will reset all their stats to 5. (The Default Coli stats link there has a discussion about using a Tincture on dragons; just search for "Tincture" on the page.) You get refunded all their breed-bonus and level-bonus points, and you rebuild to your desires. (If you're using a Sedona build, check that one to see what its preferred stats are, after level 10.)

The first link, that relies on Eliminate, is definitely faster -- I have a 3-melee hunting team for farming food. 2 of them have Eliminate, and one mostly primes tougher enemies with a Scratch so the Eliminates can just go WHONG on their turn.

But I'm bringing up a couple where one is a trash build and the other, I'm working from trash to a Sedona build, and they're not bad? I'm not pushing them into at-level stuff, because I'm using them to level little dragons, but they can get through a decent number of rounds at close-to-level, just Scratch and Shred.

My other leveling-other-dragons pair is the mighty hunter Ridgeback (October, on my first page) and a healer Coatl (Berenice, second page) -- I take them into the high level stuff with my lowbie and Berenice keeps October alive (and has Disorient for when she's got enough Breath).

I know there are mage-builds and healer-builds out there, and you should probably listen to them; I mostly go with the first build up there, but swapping Strength for Int, and using the "gives extra breath" stone. Contuse and the heal-over-time stone worked for me for quite a while, but it is nice to have the "does a small heal" stone and Disorient as well.

For that, Berenice often smacks things with a Contuse, and October Eliminates them.

I hope that's helpful!
@StarlinRae

What I've been doing is just wincing slightly at what I did to my early attempts and going on from there -- mostly just focusing on adding stuff to STR for the fighters, but I also had enough in Quick that I decided to try to develop one of those as a Sedona build.

If you have Rally and Ambush, that can atone for a lot of sins as well -- my main leveler/hunter does that.

If you want to reset and build their stats from scratch, you go to the Marketplace (Battle tab) and get a Tincture of Dissolution (about 30,000 treasure unless your flight has Dominance). That will reset all their stats to 5. (The Default Coli stats link there has a discussion about using a Tincture on dragons; just search for "Tincture" on the page.) You get refunded all their breed-bonus and level-bonus points, and you rebuild to your desires. (If you're using a Sedona build, check that one to see what its preferred stats are, after level 10.)

The first link, that relies on Eliminate, is definitely faster -- I have a 3-melee hunting team for farming food. 2 of them have Eliminate, and one mostly primes tougher enemies with a Scratch so the Eliminates can just go WHONG on their turn.

But I'm bringing up a couple where one is a trash build and the other, I'm working from trash to a Sedona build, and they're not bad? I'm not pushing them into at-level stuff, because I'm using them to level little dragons, but they can get through a decent number of rounds at close-to-level, just Scratch and Shred.

My other leveling-other-dragons pair is the mighty hunter Ridgeback (October, on my first page) and a healer Coatl (Berenice, second page) -- I take them into the high level stuff with my lowbie and Berenice keeps October alive (and has Disorient for when she's got enough Breath).

I know there are mage-builds and healer-builds out there, and you should probably listen to them; I mostly go with the first build up there, but swapping Strength for Int, and using the "gives extra breath" stone. Contuse and the heal-over-time stone worked for me for quite a while, but it is nice to have the "does a small heal" stone and Disorient as well.

For that, Berenice often smacks things with a Contuse, and October Eliminates them.

I hope that's helpful!
@ArchangelBeth It's all terribly confusing to be honest. I struggle with absorbing a ton of info all at once because of... rl medical issues. I think I will have to save up money and just strip and re-stat, re-stone them all because I'm not sure I can even try to progress much further with the setup I have though, just based off what I did read from the links you shared. They have been helpful, even if I dont fully understand it all yet!
@ArchangelBeth It's all terribly confusing to be honest. I struggle with absorbing a ton of info all at once because of... rl medical issues. I think I will have to save up money and just strip and re-stat, re-stone them all because I'm not sure I can even try to progress much further with the setup I have though, just based off what I did read from the links you shared. They have been helpful, even if I dont fully understand it all yet!
@StarlinRae
I used to be into coli and as a result have a lot of spare stuff lying around. I'll send over a lvl 25 for you, but I don't know what good he'll do, as I never statted him to train two dergs at once. I'll send over another lvl 25 too in case you need it. Just make sure they get back to me when they're done ^^
@StarlinRae
I used to be into coli and as a result have a lot of spare stuff lying around. I'll send over a lvl 25 for you, but I don't know what good he'll do, as I never statted him to train two dergs at once. I'll send over another lvl 25 too in case you need it. Just make sure they get back to me when they're done ^^
Thank you so so so so so soooo much @RuneWitch31137
Thank you so so so so so soooo much @RuneWitch31137