Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I just had a horrible and wonderful idea
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@suddenlyjoxar

if you refuse to see how your fun is at the expensive of other players, i can't really say much else without repeating myself. you seem to be changing your story a lot so what you're doing doesn't sound so bad, but it still sounds pretty bad.
@suddenlyjoxar

if you refuse to see how your fun is at the expensive of other players, i can't really say much else without repeating myself. you seem to be changing your story a lot so what you're doing doesn't sound so bad, but it still sounds pretty bad.
Your fun buying out all of certain skins off the AH, specifically retired skins that have a limited number of copies, is going to hurt players who actually want to use them. Even if you resell them for the LAH price in the items sale forum, less than half the people who would be interested in the skin would see that thread, and barely any people would buy skins that are less sought after.

It's not fun because what's going to end up happening is that skins that should be relatively cheap are going to be expensive for no reason, because no ones going to buy most of them off you and redistribute them to the AH where people can actually see them. After completing your goal of buying out one type of skin, it will probably be months at least before they're back on the AH like they were before. Heck, you'll probably permanently damage the AH old fest skin market in the long run. Barely any people would realize they could buy the skins for much cheaper from you, and that's believing you're even going to continue selling these skins you've hoarded up to potentially a year after you bought them out.

So yeah, I don't see how this goal is harmless if you actually end up successfully doing it the way I think you're saying you're planning to do.
Your fun buying out all of certain skins off the AH, specifically retired skins that have a limited number of copies, is going to hurt players who actually want to use them. Even if you resell them for the LAH price in the items sale forum, less than half the people who would be interested in the skin would see that thread, and barely any people would buy skins that are less sought after.

It's not fun because what's going to end up happening is that skins that should be relatively cheap are going to be expensive for no reason, because no ones going to buy most of them off you and redistribute them to the AH where people can actually see them. After completing your goal of buying out one type of skin, it will probably be months at least before they're back on the AH like they were before. Heck, you'll probably permanently damage the AH old fest skin market in the long run. Barely any people would realize they could buy the skins for much cheaper from you, and that's believing you're even going to continue selling these skins you've hoarded up to potentially a year after you bought them out.

So yeah, I don't see how this goal is harmless if you actually end up successfully doing it the way I think you're saying you're planning to do.
egg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gifdeity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifegg_nature_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da8wjqe.gif
Let me in
Let me in
flc0nOM.png
Luckily, Jason's skin isn't from a fest
Luckily, Jason's skin isn't from a fest
akueye3.png
This reminds me of the recurring urge I get to buy up as many imps off the AH as possible and exalt them all... why? Well, you see: chaos.
This reminds me of the recurring urge I get to buy up as many imps off the AH as possible and exalt them all... why? Well, you see: chaos.
Honestly I'm interested to see how this will play out. I say have fun and just do it.
Honestly I'm interested to see how this will play out. I say have fun and just do it.
91741235.png77876607.png
[quote name="Charias" date="2019-06-01 05:39:17" ] This reminds me of the recurring urge I get to buy up as many imps off the AH as possible and exalt them all... why? Well, you see: chaos. [/quote] I want to one day buy all of those dragons on the first page of most to least expensive
Charias wrote on 2019-06-01 05:39:17:
I want to one day buy all of those dragons on the first page of most to least expensive
flc0nOM.png
As another user pointed out, this would be mean and pointless. Removing any possibility for users who actually WANT the skins to get them, and artificially inflating the old skin market (probably ruining it in the long run, most likely) for the simple reason of "uwu i wanna challenge myself" is completely thoughtless.
As another user pointed out, this would be mean and pointless. Removing any possibility for users who actually WANT the skins to get them, and artificially inflating the old skin market (probably ruining it in the long run, most likely) for the simple reason of "uwu i wanna challenge myself" is completely thoughtless.
kz23hWB.gifwXJcWyY.gifitem_bamboo_cluster_by_dogi_crimson-daimqyf.gif
*Cackles* fest skins? Buy out retired UMAs. Then we'll really see the world burn.
*Cackles* fest skins? Buy out retired UMAs. Then we'll really see the world burn.
Honestly if you did one of the skins like abyss or roots, I havent looked at they're names in a minute, no ones going to care. Why well no one buys them because few people want to fully cover up they're dragon. I think what you're doing is fine have fun.
Honestly if you did one of the skins like abyss or roots, I havent looked at they're names in a minute, no ones going to care. Why well no one buys them because few people want to fully cover up they're dragon. I think what you're doing is fine have fun.
rf2tsx4.pngZs5ariW.pngaJj1GZH.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7