Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I just had a horrible and wonderful idea
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
please dont,, as others have said its gonna suck really bad when someone wants it for a dream dragon but they are all gone

i would be impressed if you accomplished it, but mostly i would weep at the money spent on it lol. maybe try a more community friendly, equally challenging goal?
please dont,, as others have said its gonna suck really bad when someone wants it for a dream dragon but they are all gone

i would be impressed if you accomplished it, but mostly i would weep at the money spent on it lol. maybe try a more community friendly, equally challenging goal?
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
bad idea jfbfhfn it's a funny concept and all but?? it'll just make people annoyed in the long run (example: what happened to elims and all that)
bad idea jfbfhfn it's a funny concept and all but?? it'll just make people annoyed in the long run (example: what happened to elims and all that)
2p0D5o7.pngtAEfwJ1.png
Maybe as an alternative you could purchase a single copy of each skin/accent each instead, to eliminate (heh) the downside of inflation/unfairness. ^^

This is certainly a fun concept and I'm not opposed to it in theory, but in practice it might be...not so enjoyable for other users as others have expressed earlier on in this thread.

Maybe as an alternative you could purchase a single copy of each skin/accent each instead, to eliminate (heh) the downside of inflation/unfairness. ^^

This is certainly a fun concept and I'm not opposed to it in theory, but in practice it might be...not so enjoyable for other users as others have expressed earlier on in this thread.

frostbite_by_worryingsquarewave-d8a2x4y.gif
I do not agree with this. You will only make it hard for newer users that want these skins/accents
I do not agree with this. You will only make it hard for newer users that want these skins/accents
407Ohsj.png
Ok, this is a cool idea.

I had no idea they were retired. I'll have to look through my vault.
Ok, this is a cool idea.

I had no idea they were retired. I'll have to look through my vault.
LxbWmll.png
Personally I'm trying to collect items/skins for an Elemental Rep for each year so your idea only works for me if you are enabling me to achieve that goal too.
I only started this game 5 months ago so I've got a lot of back catalog to catch up on!
Thanks for the heads up that Joxar is only stocking '15'16 gear - as soon as I reach Level 16 Baldwin I will be making Prismatic tokens and pick up the ones that are closest to retirement!

Some nice people are occasionally selling old festival gear for 20-40kt instead of 100-400kt so I'd appreciate if you let the creative ones among us use them rather than burying them in your hoard until you quit.

If you refuse to see the greater good in this I'll have to start up my own festival gear distribution thread just to keep them from entering the AH in the first place and I honestly have other things I'd rather do
Personally I'm trying to collect items/skins for an Elemental Rep for each year so your idea only works for me if you are enabling me to achieve that goal too.
I only started this game 5 months ago so I've got a lot of back catalog to catch up on!
Thanks for the heads up that Joxar is only stocking '15'16 gear - as soon as I reach Level 16 Baldwin I will be making Prismatic tokens and pick up the ones that are closest to retirement!

Some nice people are occasionally selling old festival gear for 20-40kt instead of 100-400kt so I'd appreciate if you let the creative ones among us use them rather than burying them in your hoard until you quit.

If you refuse to see the greater good in this I'll have to start up my own festival gear distribution thread just to keep them from entering the AH in the first place and I honestly have other things I'd rather do
qDkA25S.png
Quote:
Edit: Just to clarify, I wouldn't be trying to get at ones people actually have on dragons. Just wiping the AH clean of each and every listing.

Edit 2: (Where in any of this did I say I'd refuse to sell them if someone wanted on for their dragons? Mirror Winking My goal is to intentionally create a near-impossible task here. Not to be a jerk.)

nice indirect responses @suddenlyjoxar

regardless of whether or not you intend to be a jerk, by intentionally trying to hoard all of one skin, you are creating a shortage. how is a random FR player supposed to know that it's impossible to find X skin because some other random FR player is hoarding them all? how are they supposed to know it's you and you'll sell them one? your "near-impossible" task will negatively impact other players for no real reason. i'm sure you could find other "near-impossible" tasks that don't include economy manipulation.
Quote:
Edit: Just to clarify, I wouldn't be trying to get at ones people actually have on dragons. Just wiping the AH clean of each and every listing.

Edit 2: (Where in any of this did I say I'd refuse to sell them if someone wanted on for their dragons? Mirror Winking My goal is to intentionally create a near-impossible task here. Not to be a jerk.)

nice indirect responses @suddenlyjoxar

regardless of whether or not you intend to be a jerk, by intentionally trying to hoard all of one skin, you are creating a shortage. how is a random FR player supposed to know that it's impossible to find X skin because some other random FR player is hoarding them all? how are they supposed to know it's you and you'll sell them one? your "near-impossible" task will negatively impact other players for no real reason. i'm sure you could find other "near-impossible" tasks that don't include economy manipulation.
Why would you do this? I mean you do you, but that's really unfair to everybody else on the site and not cool at all. It's not "haha funee XD", it's just mean???

Even the "ugliest" skins have people who love them, and hoarding them just for the sake of hoarding them is just cruel to the people that actually want to buy them to make use of them. You're creating a shortage for no real reason other than you want no one else to have it, and no one else is going to know it's you that has all of X skin.

I agree with @/Weisk , whether it's intentional or not, it's a real jerk move.
Why would you do this? I mean you do you, but that's really unfair to everybody else on the site and not cool at all. It's not "haha funee XD", it's just mean???

Even the "ugliest" skins have people who love them, and hoarding them just for the sake of hoarding them is just cruel to the people that actually want to buy them to make use of them. You're creating a shortage for no real reason other than you want no one else to have it, and no one else is going to know it's you that has all of X skin.

I agree with @/Weisk , whether it's intentional or not, it's a real jerk move.
chxjGgQ.gif

He/Him
BPco0tZ.png HQsa6bD.png xvCXjXc.png FR+3
saw this thread and decided to post again

@suddenlyjoxar
im sure most of us know you dont mean to be a jerk but, as Weisk said, how on earth is anyone supposed to know that you have them all? and what if you suddenly lose access to this game? they'll all be lost and that would suck mega bad. hoarding limited items like that would give unnecessary power to you and cause an imbalance. what if you could never get a piece of apparel you wanted without finding whatever user has it, if theyre still active, and they get to set the price to whatever they want. if you had bad intentions, you could charge extremely unreasonable prices and make people very unhappy. and that doesnt even count people with too much anxiety to ask if they do manage to find you. like i said, you seem to have good intentions but doing this wouldnt be a good idea imo. maybe try getting kickstarter items for yourself, if you dont already have them? that would be pretty impressive and i wouldnt mind seeing your progress on something like this. but i want no part of anyone trying to snatch up all the items just to make it so no one else can find it on the AH
saw this thread and decided to post again

@suddenlyjoxar
im sure most of us know you dont mean to be a jerk but, as Weisk said, how on earth is anyone supposed to know that you have them all? and what if you suddenly lose access to this game? they'll all be lost and that would suck mega bad. hoarding limited items like that would give unnecessary power to you and cause an imbalance. what if you could never get a piece of apparel you wanted without finding whatever user has it, if theyre still active, and they get to set the price to whatever they want. if you had bad intentions, you could charge extremely unreasonable prices and make people very unhappy. and that doesnt even count people with too much anxiety to ask if they do manage to find you. like i said, you seem to have good intentions but doing this wouldnt be a good idea imo. maybe try getting kickstarter items for yourself, if you dont already have them? that would be pretty impressive and i wouldnt mind seeing your progress on something like this. but i want no part of anyone trying to snatch up all the items just to make it so no one else can find it on the AH
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
*deep breath* Beta and Kickstarter skins/accent. As one ultra-rare hunter to another, I wish thee luck. [emoji=four leaf clover size=1]
*deep breath* Beta and Kickstarter skins/accent. As one ultra-rare hunter to another, I wish thee luck.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7