Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | First Pokemon Game?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
My first game from the main franchise was Heart Gold, which I adored to pieces but, ah... never actually beat. I was a dumb kid with an overpowered starter and an underpowered party, so I could never get past the champion in Johto, meaning I never actually went to Kanto. My first Pokemon game in general, however, was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, which I did beat and also just played into the ground because I loved it so much.
My first game from the main franchise was Heart Gold, which I adored to pieces but, ah... never actually beat. I was a dumb kid with an overpowered starter and an underpowered party, so I could never get past the champion in Johto, meaning I never actually went to Kanto. My first Pokemon game in general, however, was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, which I did beat and also just played into the ground because I loved it so much.
tumblr_ozp7liPSd31w8xkufo9_250.png
I'm aro/ace
So give me some space
And flirt with somebody else
*finger guns*
Pokemon Pearl was my first, and to date, the only one I've beaten. I have one from each release of the others, and they've been played to varying degrees, but I keep getting distracted by other things, even though I love the designs and the gameplay. Pokemon GO is the only game I'm consistent with, because it's on my phone, and it doesn't have a set endpoint, just daily interactions. But I LOVED Pearl - Turtwig is still my favorite Pokemon.
Pokemon Pearl was my first, and to date, the only one I've beaten. I have one from each release of the others, and they've been played to varying degrees, but I keep getting distracted by other things, even though I love the designs and the gameplay. Pokemon GO is the only game I'm consistent with, because it's on my phone, and it doesn't have a set endpoint, just daily interactions. But I LOVED Pearl - Turtwig is still my favorite Pokemon.
noli timere tempestatem. tempestas est res pulchra. ama tempestatem et gaude in pulchritudine.
595bwIn.png
nunc, ad tuas labores reveni!
My first was my friend's original Blue copy. After that I loved the game so much I asked my mom for one and she got me Yellow. I have had at least one of each of the gens after that and always play them through. [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
My first was my friend's original Blue copy. After that I loved the game so much I asked my mom for one and she got me Yellow. I have had at least one of each of the gens after that and always play them through.
6NDVAGQ.png
When I was thirteen or so I got really into Pokemon but couldn't actually afford any of the games so I'd play Crystal on an emulator site (I think it was playr), battle on PokemonShowdown, and there was this one site I can't find anymore where you were just moving around on various maps until you encountered a Pokemon. But my first legitimate game was SoulSilver. I actually didn't like it at first because I thought it was really slow, but it very quickly grew on me. :'D
When I was thirteen or so I got really into Pokemon but couldn't actually afford any of the games so I'd play Crystal on an emulator site (I think it was playr), battle on PokemonShowdown, and there was this one site I can't find anymore where you were just moving around on various maps until you encountered a Pokemon. But my first legitimate game was SoulSilver. I actually didn't like it at first because I thought it was really slow, but it very quickly grew on me. :'D
Original Blue version on a GBC.
Original Blue version on a GBC.
tumblr_inline_ny7iufldYa1qmzhvw_540.png
Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs. First core game was Diamond.
Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs. First core game was Diamond.
VGxuHXT.png
The first I played was Pokemon Yellow, but the game belonged to a friend.
The first I owned was Pokemon Silver
The first I played was Pokemon Yellow, but the game belonged to a friend.
The first I owned was Pokemon Silver
0ttVF1K.png
Phereo
she/her
+8 FR
BO8csR6.png
technically it would be pokepark wii (which i love to death) but my first main series pokemon game was heartgold
my starter was totodile so i've always had a special attachment to it
technically it would be pokepark wii (which i love to death) but my first main series pokemon game was heartgold
my starter was totodile so i've always had a special attachment to it
an animated feraligatr sprite from pokemon crystal > call me mantis
> they / she
> fr +2
> art dump
w the nonbinary flag and the word nonbinary
the asexual flag and the word asexual
the lesbian flag and the word lesbian
free buttons
ee > reply hazy,
try again... blinking_cursor.gif
Gold Version! (but I also rented Yellow version at the same time so, both I guess?)
Gold Version! (but I also rented Yellow version at the same time so, both I guess?)
*sweats* Y.
*sweats* Y.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8