Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | First Pokemon Game?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="perspective" date="2019-05-27 07:14:39" ] my very first EVER was pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time, still my favorite to this day <3 (both pokemon game and game in general!) first main series game was soulsilver! [emoji=familiar heart size=1] [/quote] Oh big same! My first ever Pokemon game was SoulSilver but my first spinoff (not main series?) was Explorers of Darkness. PMD Explorers is my hands-down favorite video game installment of all time. It's been my favorite since my first playthrough and nothing has gotten close to dethroning it.
perspective wrote on 2019-05-27 07:14:39:
my very first EVER was pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time, still my favorite to this day <3 (both pokemon game and game in general!)
first main series game was soulsilver!
Oh big same! My first ever Pokemon game was SoulSilver but my first spinoff (not main series?) was Explorers of Darkness.

PMD Explorers is my hands-down favorite video game installment of all time. It's been my favorite since my first playthrough and nothing has gotten close to dethroning it.
L O A D I N G . . .
spinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gifspinning_time_gear_by_partheosis-d91zrz2.gif
platinum baby! i also somehow got stuck in the distortion world. f
platinum baby! i also somehow got stuck in the distortion world. f
qVj5yOB.png ... skymin | fr+3
Pokemon Yellow! I used to play it all the time in 1st grade.
Pokemon Yellow! I used to play it all the time in 1st grade.
tumblr_puz35hDKrI1skw924o2_r1_250.gif
Pokemon blue. My starter was squirtle. I can still remember when handheld gaming devices were new and exciting. Yep. I'm an oldie.
Pokemon blue. My starter was squirtle. I can still remember when handheld gaming devices were new and exciting. Yep. I'm an oldie.
1c91923a-ef6b-11e5-98f4-2d9b8664c5dc.gif
X. I don’t care for pixel games, and the customisation was neat.
It may have actually been a spinoff like Rumble or Conquest, one of them came with the 3DS when I got it.
X. I don’t care for pixel games, and the customisation was neat.
It may have actually been a spinoff like Rumble or Conquest, one of them came with the 3DS when I got it.
Offline between 7-16FR Time.
Diamond, followed by Sapphire.
Diamond, followed by Sapphire.
TaliME2IGN.jpg
Soulsilver was my first, and I just restarted it! I love the olympics in it! That and Alpha Sapphire are definitely my favorites!
Soulsilver was my first, and I just restarted it! I love the olympics in it! That and Alpha Sapphire are definitely my favorites!
dNCLmdm.png
My first Pokemon game was Red. I played it on my original gray brick GameBoy :}. The only gens I've missed are Ruby/Sapphire and Sun/Moon, because I don't have the systems for them. Which means I'll miss Sword/Shield too, sadface.
My first Pokemon game was Red. I played it on my original gray brick GameBoy :}. The only gens I've missed are Ruby/Sapphire and Sun/Moon, because I don't have the systems for them. Which means I'll miss Sword/Shield too, sadface.
bmc86yo.pngC7i9WrC.pngcOEuydC.pngMUSskfQ.png
i watched my older brother play a lot of red, stadium, emerald and colosseum before i got my first pokemon game. i remember really enjoying the ratatta racing game and my brother almost breaking his controller playing the sandshrew game LOL

my brother had chosen blaziken in his emerald playthrough and i thought he and may from the anime were both really cool, so i asked for emerald for christmas and i got a torchic like them! i had no clue what i was doing sdgjsdg i had to ask my brother to help me beat it because i thought my pokemon would die if i lost a gym battle for some reason??? he technically beat my emerald for me, and then i didn't beat the champion in diamond or heartgold either... white was the first game i ever completed by myself.

but yeah, i really love hoenn and i'd consider it one of my biggest interests, all of the wild glitches and nostalgic memories make it a joy to talk about. despite its flaws with the plot being weird even in the remakes, the games are very dear to my heart. i even started going by marge because that was the old name for courtney in the manga pokespe, before we got the viz media translation!

i also randomly got wally a shiny ralts during an emulator run of sapphire. the odds of that are just so wild i'm still in disbelief... and still trying to reclaim it in my omega ruby copy :(

@Mynteria i have very good news for you!! satoshi tajiri isn't dead, i looked up "pokemon creator dies in tsunami" and found a bunch of articles talking about how it was a rumor/hoax taken as truth on twitter in march 2011, the timeframe you were talking about. there was an earthquake and tsunami but no one from the pokemon company had passed away from the event. i know it's been years from when you heard that news, but hopefully learning he is still alive will lift away some of the pain? i personally don't remember the rumors because i wasn't paying attention to twitter when i was like 11 ;;

also, naming your reshiram after your old tepig is really sweet :') i've yet to use tepig but i really should!! (i've chose snivy twice and oshawott once)
i watched my older brother play a lot of red, stadium, emerald and colosseum before i got my first pokemon game. i remember really enjoying the ratatta racing game and my brother almost breaking his controller playing the sandshrew game LOL

my brother had chosen blaziken in his emerald playthrough and i thought he and may from the anime were both really cool, so i asked for emerald for christmas and i got a torchic like them! i had no clue what i was doing sdgjsdg i had to ask my brother to help me beat it because i thought my pokemon would die if i lost a gym battle for some reason??? he technically beat my emerald for me, and then i didn't beat the champion in diamond or heartgold either... white was the first game i ever completed by myself.

but yeah, i really love hoenn and i'd consider it one of my biggest interests, all of the wild glitches and nostalgic memories make it a joy to talk about. despite its flaws with the plot being weird even in the remakes, the games are very dear to my heart. i even started going by marge because that was the old name for courtney in the manga pokespe, before we got the viz media translation!

i also randomly got wally a shiny ralts during an emulator run of sapphire. the odds of that are just so wild i'm still in disbelief... and still trying to reclaim it in my omega ruby copy :(

@Mynteria i have very good news for you!! satoshi tajiri isn't dead, i looked up "pokemon creator dies in tsunami" and found a bunch of articles talking about how it was a rumor/hoax taken as truth on twitter in march 2011, the timeframe you were talking about. there was an earthquake and tsunami but no one from the pokemon company had passed away from the event. i know it's been years from when you heard that news, but hopefully learning he is still alive will lift away some of the pain? i personally don't remember the rumors because i wasn't paying attention to twitter when i was like 11 ;;

also, naming your reshiram after your old tepig is really sweet :') i've yet to use tepig but i really should!! (i've chose snivy twice and oshawott once)
FRCPsZL.png
eon -- they/them • frt+3

formerly Marge
pixel - Stormdragon

accentsartdoodlessidha
Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time. Many years later it’s still fun as heck because of all the things to do(sky is better tho in my opinion bc more content).
My first mainline game is platinum! Even today, I love how rugged Sinnoh feels compared to other regions. And the music is awesome as heck.
Pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of time. Many years later it’s still fun as heck because of all the things to do(sky is better tho in my opinion bc more content).
My first mainline game is platinum! Even today, I love how rugged Sinnoh feels compared to other regions. And the music is awesome as heck.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8