Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Sex" not "Gender"
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 46 47
Support for correct terminology. And @YawningDodo makes a very good point.
Support for correct terminology. And @YawningDodo makes a very good point.
Absolute support. I think the reason a lot of pet sites do this is
A. Maybe they don't actually know the difference :/
B. "o h n o sex is such a bad word shield their virgin eyes!!!"

But I think it would be a real step forward for people to acknowledge that there is a difference between sex and gender, because thinking they're the same can lead to a lot of hurtful misconceptions. It'd really warm my heart for FR to consider that, and that's what it's about - sending a message. It's not just a matter of being correct.
Absolute support. I think the reason a lot of pet sites do this is
A. Maybe they don't actually know the difference :/
B. "o h n o sex is such a bad word shield their virgin eyes!!!"

But I think it would be a real step forward for people to acknowledge that there is a difference between sex and gender, because thinking they're the same can lead to a lot of hurtful misconceptions. It'd really warm my heart for FR to consider that, and that's what it's about - sending a message. It's not just a matter of being correct.
Yes please!!!
(lmao at the people not supporting this because "they're dragons.")
Yes please!!!
(lmao at the people not supporting this because "they're dragons.")
They/Them pronouns
Eh
Eh
@[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=17744]Sylverwyng[/url] [quote name="Sylverwyng" date="2014-05-09 19:02:19"]huge unsupport. we are talking about dragons, not humans. we need to be serious now. just leave it alone. i mean, seriously. though.[/quote] This has already been answered: [quote name="Daetur" date="2014-05-08 17:10:10"]@Ysilandrael Well, the reason that it's relevant is that the site is programmed for humans by humans, so humans are using the term incorrectly, and other humans are being taught to use the term incorrectly. I'm not requesting the change because I'm coming at this from the perspective of "My dragon thinks you're using the wrong term to denote his physical sex characteristics," but from the perspective of "You, human, used the wrong word here. Maybe you should change it to the correct word so that more humans who see this will not then use the wrong word on other humans in other places."[/quote] The issue at hand is not about the dragons being labeled. The issue is about the humans who are using the label being inaccurate and perpetuating/spreading ignorance in other humans.
@Sylverwyng
Sylverwyng wrote on 2014-05-09 19:02:19:
huge unsupport.

we are talking about dragons, not humans.

we need to be serious now.

just leave it alone. i mean, seriously. though.

This has already been answered:
Daetur wrote on 2014-05-08 17:10:10:
@Ysilandrael

Well, the reason that it's relevant is that the site is programmed for humans by humans, so humans are using the term incorrectly, and other humans are being taught to use the term incorrectly.

I'm not requesting the change because I'm coming at this from the perspective of "My dragon thinks you're using the wrong term to denote his physical sex characteristics," but from the perspective of "You, human, used the wrong word here. Maybe you should change it to the correct word so that more humans who see this will not then use the wrong word on other humans in other places."

The issue at hand is not about the dragons being labeled. The issue is about the humans who are using the label being inaccurate and perpetuating/spreading ignorance in other humans.
i support 10000%
i support 10000%
~ola <3
Support
Support
9a63e48a3088ac689e93eb20fd84b2102f10a45e.png
I was actually thinking about this yesterday. Complete support!
I was actually thinking about this yesterday. Complete support!
M5rq2UV.png
Support!
Support!
Plague%20flight%20switch%20Ice_zps9q6htbkf.gif
Support!
Support!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 46 47