Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | "Sex" not "Gender"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 46 47
Dragons are currently classified for breeding purposes based on their gender- for example, both the Search function, the Scrying Workshop, and the Auction House filter use "Gender" as their category for searching for physically male or female dragons. This is incorrect. Gender is the social construct based on personal identity- whether you identify as male or female. Gender is psychological.

Sex is your biological state based on primary and secondary sex characteristics, such as genitals and hormones. Sex is physical. This is what the use of the word "gender" on the site is intending to be referencing in the way that our dragons are categorized for breeding, which is incorrect.

Using the term "gender" to indicate the physical state of a dragon's sex is incorrect, and a commonly made mistake that I feel should be corrected.

My suggestion is to change the use of "gender" on the site's filter, and the classification of dragons as "male" or "female" from the word "Gender" to the word "Sex," because that is the correct term.

Thank you.
Dragons are currently classified for breeding purposes based on their gender- for example, both the Search function, the Scrying Workshop, and the Auction House filter use "Gender" as their category for searching for physically male or female dragons. This is incorrect. Gender is the social construct based on personal identity- whether you identify as male or female. Gender is psychological.

Sex is your biological state based on primary and secondary sex characteristics, such as genitals and hormones. Sex is physical. This is what the use of the word "gender" on the site is intending to be referencing in the way that our dragons are categorized for breeding, which is incorrect.

Using the term "gender" to indicate the physical state of a dragon's sex is incorrect, and a commonly made mistake that I feel should be corrected.

My suggestion is to change the use of "gender" on the site's filter, and the classification of dragons as "male" or "female" from the word "Gender" to the word "Sex," because that is the correct term.

Thank you.
bO4RrTZ.jpg
Supported this last time, will support again.
Supported this last time, will support again.
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
Absolutely support 100%
Absolutely support 100%
HO7jGPA.png Kookaburra
on Pixpets

4832_1e9d4aab6ad6e40e_I.gif11047_f99b7458f856f2a5_I.gif3926_9be993f525c9c6e9_I.gif17800_2c92a7469c1b3278_I.gif3175_d07d5c3f5cbab53c_I.gif5875_5d1f8496eb6f2897_I.gif8457_4ac4f4ab6c0f9d95_I.gif9030_380187e4ad587cc8_I.gif8066_f262055000960407_I.gif9152_6633c512e23795d8_I.gif
Support. This is a pretty important distinction.
Support. This is a pretty important distinction.
Lyra Cadens Hatchery specializes in x/gold/gold dragons and Imps.
27854.png763257.png2963874.png3555695.png4278588.png
Support.
Support.
coatls are dead to me
Definitely Support
Definitely Support
Support.
Support.
Supported last time, still full support for this.
Supported last time, still full support for this.
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
Support! I love this game so much, but this is one of the things that bugs me a lot.
Support! I love this game so much, but this is one of the things that bugs me a lot.
MUYNhfy.png
BPzUHdW.png
WNKiucd.png
tGnTWvF.pngpcTpS11.pngIJZETli.png
support! [img]http://chesterenanda.zip.net/images/mikeThumbsUp.jpg[/img]
support!

mikeThumbsUp.jpg
176/ ∞ BUMBLES
5Mrrb3R.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 46 47