Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Pre-Registered Invites for New Members
1 2 3
So we realize that opening the site to a full internet registration would be taxing on the servers, and bandwidth, so we have a slight suggestion that could benefit people already registered, and people wanting to sign up.

Maybe give each person registered already a limited number of invitations, and they can use those to invite people to the site. For each person they invite that stays and completes some "noobie orientation" maybe the user who invited them could get a gem or treasure bonus...or extra gathers that day even.

Just something to get new people in more regularly, which helps the economy. :D
So we realize that opening the site to a full internet registration would be taxing on the servers, and bandwidth, so we have a slight suggestion that could benefit people already registered, and people wanting to sign up.

Maybe give each person registered already a limited number of invitations, and they can use those to invite people to the site. For each person they invite that stays and completes some "noobie orientation" maybe the user who invited them could get a gem or treasure bonus...or extra gathers that day even.

Just something to get new people in more regularly, which helps the economy. :D
l6devcqx.png
I support the hell out of this.
I support the hell out of this.
I support the hell out of this too.
I support the hell out of this too.
Supported.
Supported.
Oh that would be interesting. And a nice way to keep things fresh.
Oh that would be interesting. And a nice way to keep things fresh.
Lzjq6A7.png
Support.
Support.
This isn't the bacon that I was promised, Morris.
I support this if bacon is an option.
This isn't the bacon that I was promised, Morris.
I support this if bacon is an option.
No support, there are many many users on the site, the invites would exponentially increase that number causing the site to lag and possibly go back to being unplayable.

Don't get me wrong I want open registration as much as the next person but server problems and reducing lag have to come first.
No support, there are many many users on the site, the invites would exponentially increase that number causing the site to lag and possibly go back to being unplayable.

Don't get me wrong I want open registration as much as the next person but server problems and reducing lag have to come first.
No support. Registration windows are much more friendly, with the number of users on the site even one invite per user could cause a massive weight increase that the server isn't ready for.

Registration windows are also more fair, and allow anyone to join, not just friends of current site members and with current members inviting new ones the next registration window might have to be pushed off to accommodate.

It sucks when your friends can't play with you, but there will be another window soon.
No support. Registration windows are much more friendly, with the number of users on the site even one invite per user could cause a massive weight increase that the server isn't ready for.

Registration windows are also more fair, and allow anyone to join, not just friends of current site members and with current members inviting new ones the next registration window might have to be pushed off to accommodate.

It sucks when your friends can't play with you, but there will be another window soon.
2wcjzn8.gif
No support, for the reasons pointed out above and in addition because everyone needs to have a fair chance at joining, and in with this system you are favouring people who already know someone on site. But yeah, I also think optimisations are going so well, additional registrees would only mess up the progress and set us back. Let'shave a little more patience, and registration will be open before we know it
No support, for the reasons pointed out above and in addition because everyone needs to have a fair chance at joining, and in with this system you are favouring people who already know someone on site. But yeah, I also think optimisations are going so well, additional registrees would only mess up the progress and set us back. Let'shave a little more patience, and registration will be open before we know it
1 2 3