Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Writer's Rescue: Lore Galore!
1 2 ... 380 381 382 383 384 ... 706 707
@decaffeinated

Lore for Phillip!

I stuck my tongue out to catch the feel of cold, frosty, air. I sighed, content, when all of a sudden, a small ball of scales rolled into me.
“Eep!” I yelped, while glaring at the ball. It unfurled to reveal a coatl, shaking with laughter.
“You should’ve seen the look on your face!” She snorted. “You can’t stay in the ice exhibit forever.” She pointed at the line of dragons waiting behind the door. “They want a turn too.”
I sighed. “Fine,” I moaned and slowly trudged through a patch of fresh-fake-snow. “You owe me a coffee” I told her after leaving the room. “That’s the first time i’ve been in there all week, Eij!”
Eij shook her head and smiled. “Okay. We can get some ice cream to go with it.” She decided. She pulled my claw toward a cafe right across from the emporium we just left.
“I heard their coffee is well priced and good tasting...” I mused, starting to space off into my own thoughts. Before I could get very far, Eij snapped her claws in front of me.
“Oi. Oi, Philli.” She stared at me. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts away. “You know I hate that nickname!” I grumbled, blowing some steam in her direction. She backed away, waving the smoke away.
“Sorry,” She sheepishly lowered her head. “What would you like to order?” A short pearlcatcher interrupted our bout. Her purpled scales glimmered in the light.
“Warm Cocoa for me, and a Frappuccino for him.” Eij pointed at me. The pearlcatcher nodded, placed a number on our table and trotted away.
I yawned. “I wish it would snow.” I murmured, gazing out the window.
Eij nodded, patting my hand.
Suddenly, I burst out into a coughing fit, throat and lungs burning. I thumped on my chest, Eij rushing to help. Someone called the dragon aids and they rushed to the scene, restraining me on a stretcher as the work grew dark.
I woke up to icy, refreshing air, and fake snow and ice piled up in the corners and around the room. Eij’s head lay in my lap, snoring. I quietly tapped it, waking her up.
“Huh? Wha-?” She stretched, shivering. “Your awake!” She leaned over and hugged me.
“What happened? Why did I cough?” I asked, searching for answers.
“You were diagnosed with adjustment disorder, and the doctors want you to move back to where we used to live, since your body seems not to be able to adapt to the place we are now.”
I licked my lips and said, “Okay, when are we leaving?”
“Today, I already prepared our stuff.” Eij smiled and pulled me out of bed.
“Our flight leaves at 3:30.” She glanced at the clock. “We can make it if we run...” I nodded and we burst out the ward, calling thank to the doctors on the way.
We arrived just on time. I looked back once more, coughed once more, and boarded the plane.
The End

Sorry if it was a little bad, I had no inspiration whatsoever
@decaffeinated

Lore for Phillip!

I stuck my tongue out to catch the feel of cold, frosty, air. I sighed, content, when all of a sudden, a small ball of scales rolled into me.
“Eep!” I yelped, while glaring at the ball. It unfurled to reveal a coatl, shaking with laughter.
“You should’ve seen the look on your face!” She snorted. “You can’t stay in the ice exhibit forever.” She pointed at the line of dragons waiting behind the door. “They want a turn too.”
I sighed. “Fine,” I moaned and slowly trudged through a patch of fresh-fake-snow. “You owe me a coffee” I told her after leaving the room. “That’s the first time i’ve been in there all week, Eij!”
Eij shook her head and smiled. “Okay. We can get some ice cream to go with it.” She decided. She pulled my claw toward a cafe right across from the emporium we just left.
“I heard their coffee is well priced and good tasting...” I mused, starting to space off into my own thoughts. Before I could get very far, Eij snapped her claws in front of me.
“Oi. Oi, Philli.” She stared at me. I shook my head, clearing my thoughts away. “You know I hate that nickname!” I grumbled, blowing some steam in her direction. She backed away, waving the smoke away.
“Sorry,” She sheepishly lowered her head. “What would you like to order?” A short pearlcatcher interrupted our bout. Her purpled scales glimmered in the light.
“Warm Cocoa for me, and a Frappuccino for him.” Eij pointed at me. The pearlcatcher nodded, placed a number on our table and trotted away.
I yawned. “I wish it would snow.” I murmured, gazing out the window.
Eij nodded, patting my hand.
Suddenly, I burst out into a coughing fit, throat and lungs burning. I thumped on my chest, Eij rushing to help. Someone called the dragon aids and they rushed to the scene, restraining me on a stretcher as the work grew dark.
I woke up to icy, refreshing air, and fake snow and ice piled up in the corners and around the room. Eij’s head lay in my lap, snoring. I quietly tapped it, waking her up.
“Huh? Wha-?” She stretched, shivering. “Your awake!” She leaned over and hugged me.
“What happened? Why did I cough?” I asked, searching for answers.
“You were diagnosed with adjustment disorder, and the doctors want you to move back to where we used to live, since your body seems not to be able to adapt to the place we are now.”
I licked my lips and said, “Okay, when are we leaving?”
“Today, I already prepared our stuff.” Eij smiled and pulled me out of bed.
“Our flight leaves at 3:30.” She glanced at the clock. “We can make it if we run...” I nodded and we burst out the ward, calling thank to the doctors on the way.
We arrived just on time. I looked back once more, coughed once more, and boarded the plane.
The End

Sorry if it was a little bad, I had no inspiration whatsoever
Untitled1_20230605150553.png
@decaffeinated [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=50446137&skin=0&apparel=20563,20561,20559,20557,20562,20560,20558&xt=dressing.png[/img] ((The outfit is what she is wearing in the story)) Lumi shivered in the frigid temperatures of the Fortress of Ends, pulling the coat she wore tighter around her. She didn't want to be here. She wanted to be home, in the Starfall Isles where it was safe and warm. [i]But I'm on a mission. I must complete the mission. A Pearlcatcher without her pearl is not a dragon[/i] she whispered to herself. It wasn't her fault she happened upon a raptorik raiding party and dropped her pearl when she ran! At least that's what she told herself at night. She remembered the day clearly, she was out and about gathering flowers for a friend whom was sick when she happened upon them. A raiding party of raptorik, patrolling the border. [i]One of the raptoriks screeched in alarm as it spotted her, causing Lumi to drop her pearl and the flowers she had gathered as she fled and hid in an abandoned cave. She waited what seemed like hours before she ventured out to gather her pearl and what flowers could be salvaged. The flowers were there but her precious pearl was gone! She screeched in distress, tearing through the grass and bushes, looking all around the area trying to find her pearl, but it was no use. The pearl was gone. She hung her head low, heading home with a dark cloud over her head. Dejected.[/i] It had taken months, but she finally got a lead on the raptoriks that spooked her that day. They had been seen traveling into the frigid wastes of the Fortress of Ends. Perhaps she would be able to find them, get her pearl back. Earn her place back in society. As she wandered about, her ears perked, listening for the sounds of the raptorik she heard someone laughing. A musical flirty sound. She shied towards the sound, peeking out from behind a rock. It was a dragon! A skydancer! And he had her pearl! [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/506717/50671663_350.png[/img] She gathered her breath and strode up to the laughing skydancer. Clearing her throat to grab his attention. The skydancer stopped rolling the pearl around and looked at her, a whimsical smile on his face. "Well hello there newcomer! My name is Celeste. Who might you be?" She twitched, trying not to giggle at his name. [i]Celeste? That's a females name![/i] she snickered to herself. She took a small breath and cleared her throat. "My name is Lumi. That is my pearl. May I please have it back?" Nailed it! Polite and soft! Celeste looked at her sideways, gripping the pearl tightly. "How do I know it's yours? I found it just yonder in an abandoned nest. Some raptoriks were picking at it so I chased em away. It's mine now." Lumi looked crestfallen, her ears falling flat. "When a pearlcatcher is born, they regurgitate their own pearls, its a lifetime thing that they always have present with them. If they're ever separated the pearl darkens over time, the only way to tell is for me to hold it. If it glows, you will know it's mine. May I please try?" Celeste tilted his head. "Hmmm.... I guess. But if it doesn't glow I am going to keep it!" He handed the pearl over gently waiting for her to grasp it. Lumi reached out and tentatively grabbed the pearl, a sharp intake of breath as a warmth emenated from the pearl, a dull glow starting to shine through, a few moments pass and it brightens like a beacon. "Oh wow. It is yours! You should hold onto it more. You don't want to lose it again! Hey! You should come join my clan! We're always looking for more friends and you're really pretty! I think my mom would love you!" Celeste giggled, jumping around. Lumi smiled shyly and hugged her pearl close. "Let's go then!" She exclaimed, tucking her pearl safely in a pocket, tying it closed. The pair leapt into the sky and took off. ((Hehe this was fun to write!))
@decaffeinated
dragon?did=50446137&skin=0&apparel=20563,20561,20559,20557,20562,20560,20558&xt=dressing.png

((The outfit is what she is wearing in the story))

Lumi shivered in the frigid temperatures of the Fortress of Ends, pulling the coat she wore tighter around her. She didn't want to be here. She wanted to be home, in the Starfall Isles where it was safe and warm. But I'm on a mission. I must complete the mission. A Pearlcatcher without her pearl is not a dragon she whispered to herself. It wasn't her fault she happened upon a raptorik raiding party and dropped her pearl when she ran! At least that's what she told herself at night. She remembered the day clearly, she was out and about gathering flowers for a friend whom was sick when she happened upon them. A raiding party of raptorik, patrolling the border.

One of the raptoriks screeched in alarm as it spotted her, causing Lumi to drop her pearl and the flowers she had gathered as she fled and hid in an abandoned cave. She waited what seemed like hours before she ventured out to gather her pearl and what flowers could be salvaged. The flowers were there but her precious pearl was gone! She screeched in distress, tearing through the grass and bushes, looking all around the area trying to find her pearl, but it was no use. The pearl was gone. She hung her head low, heading home with a dark cloud over her head. Dejected.

It had taken months, but she finally got a lead on the raptoriks that spooked her that day. They had been seen traveling into the frigid wastes of the Fortress of Ends. Perhaps she would be able to find them, get her pearl back. Earn her place back in society. As she wandered about, her ears perked, listening for the sounds of the raptorik she heard someone laughing. A musical flirty sound. She shied towards the sound, peeking out from behind a rock. It was a dragon! A skydancer! And he had her pearl!

50671663_350.png

She gathered her breath and strode up to the laughing skydancer. Clearing her throat to grab his attention. The skydancer stopped rolling the pearl around and looked at her, a whimsical smile on his face.

"Well hello there newcomer! My name is Celeste. Who might you be?"

She twitched, trying not to giggle at his name. Celeste? That's a females name! she snickered to herself. She took a small breath and cleared her throat.

"My name is Lumi. That is my pearl. May I please have it back?" Nailed it! Polite and soft!

Celeste looked at her sideways, gripping the pearl tightly. "How do I know it's yours? I found it just yonder in an abandoned nest. Some raptoriks were picking at it so I chased em away. It's mine now."

Lumi looked crestfallen, her ears falling flat. "When a pearlcatcher is born, they regurgitate their own pearls, its a lifetime thing that they always have present with them. If they're ever separated the pearl darkens over time, the only way to tell is for me to hold it. If it glows, you will know it's mine. May I please try?"

Celeste tilted his head. "Hmmm.... I guess. But if it doesn't glow I am going to keep it!" He handed the pearl over gently waiting for her to grasp it.

Lumi reached out and tentatively grabbed the pearl, a sharp intake of breath as a warmth emenated from the pearl, a dull glow starting to shine through, a few moments pass and it brightens like a beacon.

"Oh wow. It is yours! You should hold onto it more. You don't want to lose it again! Hey! You should come join my clan! We're always looking for more friends and you're really pretty! I think my mom would love you!" Celeste giggled, jumping around.

Lumi smiled shyly and hugged her pearl close.

"Let's go then!" She exclaimed, tucking her pearl safely in a pocket, tying it closed.

The pair leapt into the sky and took off.

((Hehe this was fun to write!))
3+ Hours |
ALWAYS Ping me!
YXIQUNz.gif
@Decaffeinated - here's his lore! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50912941] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/509130/50912941_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] (763 words) From the moment he escaped the egg, Shatterlight knew he had a purpose. He, like his father before him, would serve as a defender of Sornieth. During their earlier days, he and his sister both listened to the tales their father told of his many and varied adventures. Battles against strange beasts. Tales of daring do. It filled Shatterlight, swelling in his breast, a constant reminder of what he could look forward to. He and his sister even planned to serve side by side, protecting each other as well as their home. But the IceWarden’s call came too soon. Shatterlight had little recollection of events, as he was so young then, and his mother did not speak of it, but at some point before he had reached his maturity, both his father and his sister were taken. [i]They now serve a higher calling,[/i] someone said at the time, though that made little sense to the young dragon. His father and sister gone, a mother who withdrew from him, Shatterlight grew up quickly on his own. He reached his maturity shortly after that day, and without looking back left his nest to fulfill the dreams made during less lonely times. Finding his way, he met others with similar aspirations but for wider ranging reasons, and soon he and his comrades were in the thick of it. Border patrol. Night watch. Anything and everything, Shatterlight volunteered for. His memories of his father’s tales sustained him through some of the best and worst experiences that followed. Until her. She came and went before he could get a name, even had he the time, but he never forgot her face. Before he could find a way to learn more about her, he suffered severe injury. He spent a long time under care, and when he ventured forth once more was told his days of defending Sornieth were over. Disappointment filled him, swirling deep inside along with resentment. Here he was, unable to do the one and only thing he felt worth doing, without a home, without a family. Where was he to go now? What was he to do? It was suggested he head to the Sea of a Thousand Currents, to stay for a time or permanently, in order to complete his healing. The dragon caring for him, of the Water Clan herself, said the waters of the Tsunami Flats were some of the most healing in all of Sornieth. With nowhere left to turn, Shatterlight did just that. And nearly ran her over in the process. Arriving in the Tsunami Flats, in the bright light of day, he was momentarily blinded. Sidestepping to avoid a group of reuniting Fae, Shatterlight tripped over his own four feet as he realized too late that another dragon had moved to do the same. He landed hard upon the ground, his recent injuries jarred and aching, and a blinding headache building quickly. “My apologies,” he said quickly. With some effort, he struggled to get to his feet, but his troublesome leg and bent tail kept it from happening. But then a slight pressure on his other side, the gentle nudge as she aided him up. Settling on his four feet, Shatterlight turned to face the vision from his past. “I-It’s you!” She blinked. Twice, in fact. “Yes,” she replied. “Who else would it be?” Caught off guard, Shatterlight struggled to find something to say. “I – are you from here?” She nodded, head bobbing lightly up and down. “I am Lisiana,” she replied. “And you?” “Shatterlight.” He saw her laugh softly and frowned. “Is that funny?” “I came to the Sea of a Thousand Currents recently from the Sunbeam Ruins,” she explained. Tilting her head slightly to the side, she asked, “Do you really wish to shatter the light?” “What?” He drew back, confused, and it took a minute for her words to register. “Oh.” He laughed, uncertain what to say. “My father named me that.” She led him further into the Flats, showing him around after that. “Do you have a place to stay?” she asked when he related his purpose for coming here. “No,” he replied. “Is that a problem?” “Oh, no!” She looked over at him. “I have room in my space,” she explained. She blushed and bobbed her head down. “If you are –.” “Thank you,” he rushed to say before she could change her mind. “If … if it won’t be an inconvenience.” Her smile assured him he was welcome, and with that image firmly implanted in his head, he followed her toward her lair. Lisiana: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46746172] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/467462/46746172_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
@Decaffeinated - here's his lore!

(763 words)

From the moment he escaped the egg, Shatterlight knew he had a purpose. He, like his father before him, would serve as a defender of Sornieth.

During their earlier days, he and his sister both listened to the tales their father told of his many and varied adventures. Battles against strange beasts. Tales of daring do. It filled Shatterlight, swelling in his breast, a constant reminder of what he could look forward to. He and his sister even planned to serve side by side, protecting each other as well as their home.

But the IceWarden’s call came too soon.

Shatterlight had little recollection of events, as he was so young then, and his mother did not speak of it, but at some point before he had reached his maturity, both his father and his sister were taken. They now serve a higher calling, someone said at the time, though that made little sense to the young dragon. His father and sister gone, a mother who withdrew from him, Shatterlight grew up quickly on his own.

He reached his maturity shortly after that day, and without looking back left his nest to fulfill the dreams made during less lonely times. Finding his way, he met others with similar aspirations but for wider ranging reasons, and soon he and his comrades were in the thick of it. Border patrol. Night watch. Anything and everything, Shatterlight volunteered for. His memories of his father’s tales sustained him through some of the best and worst experiences that followed.

Until her.

She came and went before he could get a name, even had he the time, but he never forgot her face. Before he could find a way to learn more about her, he suffered severe injury. He spent a long time under care, and when he ventured forth once more was told his days of defending Sornieth were over. Disappointment filled him, swirling deep inside along with resentment. Here he was, unable to do the one and only thing he felt worth doing, without a home, without a family. Where was he to go now? What was he to do?

It was suggested he head to the Sea of a Thousand Currents, to stay for a time or permanently, in order to complete his healing. The dragon caring for him, of the Water Clan herself, said the waters of the Tsunami Flats were some of the most healing in all of Sornieth. With nowhere left to turn, Shatterlight did just that.

And nearly ran her over in the process.

Arriving in the Tsunami Flats, in the bright light of day, he was momentarily blinded. Sidestepping to avoid a group of reuniting Fae, Shatterlight tripped over his own four feet as he realized too late that another dragon had moved to do the same. He landed hard upon the ground, his recent injuries jarred and aching, and a blinding headache building quickly. “My apologies,” he said quickly. With some effort, he struggled to get to his feet, but his troublesome leg and bent tail kept it from happening.

But then a slight pressure on his other side, the gentle nudge as she aided him up. Settling on his four feet, Shatterlight turned to face the vision from his past. “I-It’s you!”

She blinked. Twice, in fact. “Yes,” she replied. “Who else would it be?”

Caught off guard, Shatterlight struggled to find something to say. “I – are you from here?”

She nodded, head bobbing lightly up and down. “I am Lisiana,” she replied. “And you?”

“Shatterlight.” He saw her laugh softly and frowned. “Is that funny?”

“I came to the Sea of a Thousand Currents recently from the Sunbeam Ruins,” she explained. Tilting her head slightly to the side, she asked, “Do you really wish to shatter the light?”

“What?” He drew back, confused, and it took a minute for her words to register. “Oh.” He laughed, uncertain what to say. “My father named me that.”

She led him further into the Flats, showing him around after that. “Do you have a place to stay?” she asked when he related his purpose for coming here.

“No,” he replied. “Is that a problem?”

“Oh, no!” She looked over at him. “I have room in my space,” she explained. She blushed and bobbed her head down. “If you are –.”

“Thank you,” he rushed to say before she could change her mind. “If … if it won’t be an inconvenience.”

Her smile assured him he was welcome, and with that image firmly implanted in his head, he followed her toward her lair.

Lisiana:

@Decaffeinated

Oh shoot... did i miss one of the lottos? I'd love to be able to enter the timed lotto though, if it's still going on ^^
@Decaffeinated

Oh shoot... did i miss one of the lottos? I'd love to be able to enter the timed lotto though, if it's still going on ^^
-insert cute signature here-

tDeKDnH.png
@SassmasterMaxie Held!
@SassmasterMaxie Held!
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@mermaidlorelei Let's hope that this is good! And tying it in a little with my own lore :3 [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/482636/48263528_350.png[/img][/center] [center][size=5][b]AKAYA[/b][/size] Daughter of Starlight[/center] It was no secret that Cosmo had always wanted to father his own offspring, but he didn't want to wait for eggs to hatch, or find a suitable mate. But he knew the image that he wanted to create. Under Rhodochrosite's tutelage, he had learned to harness the power of sight into the past, present and future. But her teachings could not help him with the arcane magic that was so intrinsic to him, more so than most dragons who came from the Arcanist's domain. He journeyed to the Starfall Isles, making his way to the Observatory to research. Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months. But eventually Cosmo had the spells he needed. Returning to the Tangled Wood with the necessary supplies. Align the crystals in just the right way, draw the correct symbols on the floor, wait for the clearest starlit night... As he read the spells, a blanket of stars seemed to detach from the sky, falling towards the carefully arranged crystals. But it landed with a heavier thump than a blanket should have done. Cosmo looked over at the strange blanket, realising it had become considerably more dragon-shaped as massive wings spread out, shimmering with pure starlight. A beautiful Imperial, eyes shining with arcane magic and scales glittering with the wonders of the cosmos, stood up to her full height and greeted Cosmo as her father. Cosmo smiled and bestowed the name Akaya on her, taking her back to the part of the wood where the rest of his clan were. She was immediately accepted into the Sassmaster Clan and became a firm favourite with Rhodochrosite. Akaya spent her time with the clan well, becoming a crafter. She had inherited some power from Cosmo and from the stars themselves, allowing her to imbue anything she wanted with slarlight and intrigue. Her specialty was jewellery, able to imbue magic into the stones to the point where they shone with miniature nebulas and galaxies. Her craft became so good that Regina took her on as an apprentice, so that she could begin creating clothing made out of starlight.
@mermaidlorelei Let's hope that this is good! And tying it in a little with my own lore :3
48263528_350.png
AKAYA
Daughter of Starlight

It was no secret that Cosmo had always wanted to father his own offspring, but he didn't want to wait for eggs to hatch, or find a suitable mate. But he knew the image that he wanted to create.

Under Rhodochrosite's tutelage, he had learned to harness the power of sight into the past, present and future. But her teachings could not help him with the arcane magic that was so intrinsic to him, more so than most dragons who came from the Arcanist's domain. He journeyed to the Starfall Isles, making his way to the Observatory to research.

Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months. But eventually Cosmo had the spells he needed. Returning to the Tangled Wood with the necessary supplies. Align the crystals in just the right way, draw the correct symbols on the floor, wait for the clearest starlit night...

As he read the spells, a blanket of stars seemed to detach from the sky, falling towards the carefully arranged crystals. But it landed with a heavier thump than a blanket should have done. Cosmo looked over at the strange blanket, realising it had become considerably more dragon-shaped as massive wings spread out, shimmering with pure starlight. A beautiful Imperial, eyes shining with arcane magic and scales glittering with the wonders of the cosmos, stood up to her full height and greeted Cosmo as her father.

Cosmo smiled and bestowed the name Akaya on her, taking her back to the part of the wood where the rest of his clan were. She was immediately accepted into the Sassmaster Clan and became a firm favourite with Rhodochrosite.

Akaya spent her time with the clan well, becoming a crafter. She had inherited some power from Cosmo and from the stars themselves, allowing her to imbue anything she wanted with slarlight and intrigue. Her specialty was jewellery, able to imbue magic into the stones to the point where they shone with miniature nebulas and galaxies.

Her craft became so good that Regina took her on as an apprentice, so that she could begin creating clothing made out of starlight.
t88jSp8.png oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png FIND A DRAGON FORUM: If I make you an offer, please ping me either way! I would rather be told no than left hanging! Thank you! tumblr_inline_njw5iwmQUG1qg2i5p.gif
@Decaffeinated
Lore for Netta is complete
A shrill screech ran out, followed by the stomping and running of clawed feet. Her wings had been injured in the last squabble at the edge of the ever-expanding contagion, scolding herself for not dodging that last strike. It seems as if that battle-focused clan doesn't want a small crow like her around... Adding the clan to her mental list of places not to try and make an alliance with alone, she made her way through the harsh landscape of the plague lands. That clan has a greater crow, don't go there; that clan will try and destroy any crows, definitely off-limits; that clan has a grudge against her, don't head there; that clan covets her deep red feathers so that's a definite no...
Tucking the wings in to hopefully avoid damage, she decided that this place just didn't seem like a good place for her to stay. It's always 'Get out of here, you're too clingy' or 'Don't you dare touch me with those claws!' Never a thank you for trying to help them be more powerful, never a welcoming smile. Of course not. With a sigh, she looked for the least dangerous path in the area, stared at the path. Four, three, two.... run. She ran. She ran and ran and ran, running some more as she darted away from any swiping claws. Nothing was of worth to her here, so maybe there was something in Dragonhome...

Rocks. Dragonhome had rocks. Why were there so many rocks? Where was everyone? Sighing, she squashed a beetle with her claw and ate it. Great. What else would you expect from the Earthshaker's domain than nearly endless stone? Mind as well explore.
Stone, rocks, pebbles, more stone— cave? Might be interesting. Starting to head down into the cavernous space, she decided that she might as well try and find something to eat.
....What was that? Was something else actually down here, in this odd cave? She waited to see if whatever it was would call out, then slowly approached. Maybe she could get the jump on it. Three, two, one... She spread her wings a bit, jumping out to attack the creature. The cave shook gently as she went to sink her claws in.
"Hey, I'd appreciate it if you didn't kill me!" The small frame said in the darkness, stubby leg gently patting at the Wildclaw's leg. As the bioluminescent mushrooms started to finally let off their glow, Netta could finally see what it was. She had almost killed a snapper hatchling that appeared blessed by the Earthshaker, while she was deep in a cave. That would not have gone well. Giving an awkward smile, Netta patted the hatchling's head. "I apologize, little one. Would you happen to have a clan where someone like me might be able to find some refuge?"
The hatchling eagerly nodded, trotting along the fairly well-lit path as she guided the crow. Honestly, the hatchling impressed her on how well she could navigate the paths with opalized eyes and the cave tunnels all seeming alike.
Step by step they went down the tunnel until they arrived at what seemed like an odd ramp tall enough to fit roughly three crows stacked on top of each other. She continued stepping through, headed out into an area of more rock. This area, though. It was safe here. It was a place she could finally be safe.
No one is going to take that away from her.
@Decaffeinated
Lore for Netta is complete
A shrill screech ran out, followed by the stomping and running of clawed feet. Her wings had been injured in the last squabble at the edge of the ever-expanding contagion, scolding herself for not dodging that last strike. It seems as if that battle-focused clan doesn't want a small crow like her around... Adding the clan to her mental list of places not to try and make an alliance with alone, she made her way through the harsh landscape of the plague lands. That clan has a greater crow, don't go there; that clan will try and destroy any crows, definitely off-limits; that clan has a grudge against her, don't head there; that clan covets her deep red feathers so that's a definite no...
Tucking the wings in to hopefully avoid damage, she decided that this place just didn't seem like a good place for her to stay. It's always 'Get out of here, you're too clingy' or 'Don't you dare touch me with those claws!' Never a thank you for trying to help them be more powerful, never a welcoming smile. Of course not. With a sigh, she looked for the least dangerous path in the area, stared at the path. Four, three, two.... run. She ran. She ran and ran and ran, running some more as she darted away from any swiping claws. Nothing was of worth to her here, so maybe there was something in Dragonhome...

Rocks. Dragonhome had rocks. Why were there so many rocks? Where was everyone? Sighing, she squashed a beetle with her claw and ate it. Great. What else would you expect from the Earthshaker's domain than nearly endless stone? Mind as well explore.
Stone, rocks, pebbles, more stone— cave? Might be interesting. Starting to head down into the cavernous space, she decided that she might as well try and find something to eat.
....What was that? Was something else actually down here, in this odd cave? She waited to see if whatever it was would call out, then slowly approached. Maybe she could get the jump on it. Three, two, one... She spread her wings a bit, jumping out to attack the creature. The cave shook gently as she went to sink her claws in.
"Hey, I'd appreciate it if you didn't kill me!" The small frame said in the darkness, stubby leg gently patting at the Wildclaw's leg. As the bioluminescent mushrooms started to finally let off their glow, Netta could finally see what it was. She had almost killed a snapper hatchling that appeared blessed by the Earthshaker, while she was deep in a cave. That would not have gone well. Giving an awkward smile, Netta patted the hatchling's head. "I apologize, little one. Would you happen to have a clan where someone like me might be able to find some refuge?"
The hatchling eagerly nodded, trotting along the fairly well-lit path as she guided the crow. Honestly, the hatchling impressed her on how well she could navigate the paths with opalized eyes and the cave tunnels all seeming alike.
Step by step they went down the tunnel until they arrived at what seemed like an odd ramp tall enough to fit roughly three crows stacked on top of each other. She continued stepping through, headed out into an area of more rock. This area, though. It was safe here. It was a place she could finally be safe.
No one is going to take that away from her.
CedVBCC.png
0AniMUO.gif

Good characters are like geodes: To see their true beauty, you must break them.

-Let me write you a poem, maybe?-

q1INfTU.gif
you are all fantastic,
if you see this have a very lovely day
@sassmastermaxie I love unusual creation stories! I especially love that her talents continue through her life.
@sassmastermaxie I love unusual creation stories! I especially love that her talents continue through her life.
MKHInJR.png__gfCdYdH.gif7GFlGJN.pngE2bewfg.pngNk21WD8.pngdVEhpEt.pngpsOFjGK.pngXRLXA9U.pngNi33GGx.pngkFw6KP5.pngjtUkEZ1.pngtp1eAiM.png3JLBG44.pngLTXo08g.pngQAOWWhZ.pngfnhaNrg.png_
@Decaffeinated I'd like to be put in for the timed lotto please!
@Decaffeinated I'd like to be put in for the timed lotto please!
@Decaffeinated

Wrote some lore for the dragon, I'd like to call him Featherlight :) Please tell me what's wrong if there are issues.

On another note, can I be added to the timed lotto? Thanks in advance!
@Decaffeinated

Wrote some lore for the dragon, I'd like to call him Featherlight :) Please tell me what's wrong if there are issues.

On another note, can I be added to the timed lotto? Thanks in advance!
tLqgaTW.png
1 2 ... 380 381 382 383 384 ... 706 707