Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Dragon Breed Development
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 158 159
OOOOOO I'M EXCITED!! NEW TYPE OF DRAGONS AND WH WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TIDELORD?!??!
OOOOOO I'M EXCITED!! NEW TYPE OF DRAGONS AND WH WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TIDELORD?!??!
In their current state ancient breeds feel like watered-down modern breeds and I do not like that. Staff say the production of ancient breeds will not push back modern breeds, but work being put into ancient breeds could be put into modern breeds to speed them along. I would rather wait for a proper breed than have this 'compromise'.

Ancients either need to be radically different to modern breeds or they are just another shiny distraction that clogs up the site with confusion and more drama.
In their current state ancient breeds feel like watered-down modern breeds and I do not like that. Staff say the production of ancient breeds will not push back modern breeds, but work being put into ancient breeds could be put into modern breeds to speed them along. I would rather wait for a proper breed than have this 'compromise'.

Ancients either need to be radically different to modern breeds or they are just another shiny distraction that clogs up the site with confusion and more drama.
xu283Kp.gif...3qZ2TWJ.gif1328MiZ.gifOipIF0J.gif....7F3QtXR.gif
"Genes like Stained, though? That's not a matter of taste in the slightest, it's just bad."

If I remember Correctly alot of People wantet a Gene like that oLo A Tert that doesnt show THAT much, but wasnt Basic.
And thats what it is (and I love it for what I can do to the overall Look of the Derg)
"Genes like Stained, though? That's not a matter of taste in the slightest, it's just bad."

If I remember Correctly alot of People wantet a Gene like that oLo A Tert that doesnt show THAT much, but wasnt Basic.
And thats what it is (and I love it for what I can do to the overall Look of the Derg)
light_banner_fry4uqmfhpxa.png
[quote name="Calhaora" date="2019-04-19 14:33:27" ] "Genes like Stained, though? That's not a matter of taste in the slightest, it's just bad." If I remember Correctly alot of People wantet a Gene like that oLo A Tert that doesnt show THAT much, but wasnt Basic. And thats what it is (and I love it for what I can do to the overall Look of the Derg) [/quote] I do have to agree about Stained not being objectively bad. Personally, I hate it, but it was very popular on the tertiary suggestions thread. What bugs me about it is the fact that it's a gem gene. It's way too simple and out of place there.
Calhaora wrote on 2019-04-19 14:33:27:

I do have to agree about Stained not being objectively bad. Personally, I hate it, but it was very popular on the tertiary suggestions thread. What bugs me about it is the fact that it's a gem gene. It's way too simple and out of place there.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
How about making breed wait times shorter on most species? I don't like waiting a month for specific dragons to be breedable. Would appreciate if you could consider that.
How about making breed wait times shorter on most species? I don't like waiting a month for specific dragons to be breedable. Would appreciate if you could consider that.
cRzK7aI.png
[quote name="Calhaora" date="2019-04-19 14:33:27" ] "Genes like Stained, though? That's not a matter of taste in the slightest, it's just bad." If I remember Correctly alot of People wantet a Gene like that oLo A Tert that doesnt show THAT much, but wasnt Basic. And thats what it is (and I love it for what I can do to the overall Look of the Derg) [/quote] Right, a lot of people wanted a well made filter gene, but what we got [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1734727/110#post_17478837]failed miserably[/url] at that and consequently got an overwhelming amount of backlash. So overwhelming, in fact, that it was hard to find any positive comments on it at all. Here's a [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/1734727/109#post_17471145]very well worded comment[/url] from back then that addressed the issue perfectly. Regardless my point is, they've released unbelievably bad quality genes over the years that screamed "rushed out!", as well as mediocre/underwhelming ones that felt like they weren't used to their full potential compared to what we used to get. As I said, fortunately they've been releasing really good genes recently and I hope they keep that up. My fear with the ancient dragons is having regular releases of new dragons just like genes, which would quickly cause an artistic burnout on the FR artists and follow the trend of dropping quality. The site would be saturated with them and make the game very cluttered.
Calhaora wrote on 2019-04-19 14:33:27:

Right, a lot of people wanted a well made filter gene, but what we got failed miserably at that and consequently got an overwhelming amount of backlash. So overwhelming, in fact, that it was hard to find any positive comments on it at all. Here's a very well worded comment from back then that addressed the issue perfectly.

Regardless my point is, they've released unbelievably bad quality genes over the years that screamed "rushed out!", as well as mediocre/underwhelming ones that felt like they weren't used to their full potential compared to what we used to get. As I said, fortunately they've been releasing really good genes recently and I hope they keep that up.

My fear with the ancient dragons is having regular releases of new dragons just like genes, which would quickly cause an artistic burnout on the FR artists and follow the trend of dropping quality. The site would be saturated with them and make the game very cluttered.
ssjS89N.png
As someone who's in programming in school, and has artist friends, I absolutely understand all the work that needs to go into these new breeds.

Here's hoping when they do come out they'll be amazing!
As someone who's in programming in school, and has artist friends, I absolutely understand all the work that needs to go into these new breeds.

Here's hoping when they do come out they'll be amazing!
ZJjSkvq.pngyw85CTe.pngZJjSkvq.png
Actually, I can't wait :D
Actually, I can't wait :D
Holy moly. Well this just means I need to dust off and clear out some space in my lair. I'm totally excited for this! Heck this also probably means I need to dust off my skin drawing game xD if I want to dress up my Ancients.
Holy moly. Well this just means I need to dust off and clear out some space in my lair. I'm totally excited for this! Heck this also probably means I need to dust off my skin drawing game xD if I want to dress up my Ancients.
43cdCFY.png
OzDQpRH.gif
W8C2Zyz.pngiIsSPTY.png
This is actually pretty Genius! What a clever way to do this!

I'm especially impressed with the care you're taking to avoid the 'crunch' problems, which I see take a huge toll on folks in the game industry, and I am so happy to see it spoken of so openly here. Kudos!!!

This is actually pretty Genius! What a clever way to do this!

I'm especially impressed with the care you're taking to avoid the 'crunch' problems, which I see take a huge toll on folks in the game industry, and I am so happy to see it spoken of so openly here. Kudos!!!

GyTxqUF.png
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 158 159