Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | ever tried breaking a game?
1 2 3 4
by the title i mean, have you ever seen a certain glitch/exploit and tried to replicate it and/or found one out yourself?

today i've been trying to cheat the jumprope challenge in super mario odyssey (my video game depth perception sucks and i can never start it) by getting the big mario letters out of bounds (as showcased on my favorite show here) i've been getting every step right, but the darn M refuses to clip into the other letter. i gave up after about a half hour lmao

i'll also likely do the darker side of the moon skip once i get to it. i suck at mario games

i've also unintentionally softlocked wind waker? for some reason, in both the original and hd versions, not getting the pictobox made it impossible to learn the wind's requim, effectively softlocking the game (unless you superswim) because the king of red lions won't let you leave without it. it doesn't seem to matter if you've beaten gohma or not, either. weird thing is, this is nowhere else online. speedrunners don't grab the pictobox. tingle, why?

sooo yeah. has anyone else subjected their games to some glitchy goodness?
by the title i mean, have you ever seen a certain glitch/exploit and tried to replicate it and/or found one out yourself?

today i've been trying to cheat the jumprope challenge in super mario odyssey (my video game depth perception sucks and i can never start it) by getting the big mario letters out of bounds (as showcased on my favorite show here) i've been getting every step right, but the darn M refuses to clip into the other letter. i gave up after about a half hour lmao

i'll also likely do the darker side of the moon skip once i get to it. i suck at mario games

i've also unintentionally softlocked wind waker? for some reason, in both the original and hd versions, not getting the pictobox made it impossible to learn the wind's requim, effectively softlocking the game (unless you superswim) because the king of red lions won't let you leave without it. it doesn't seem to matter if you've beaten gohma or not, either. weird thing is, this is nowhere else online. speedrunners don't grab the pictobox. tingle, why?

sooo yeah. has anyone else subjected their games to some glitchy goodness?
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
uhhh, in pokemon sun, i basically went through the caves walls (digglet tunnels? is that what it's called) and went out of bounds :))) shouldn't have done that since it deleted my game file and i had a lot of progress on it :(

in sims 4 my cat walked through fire and possibly went to hell (she was still in my household). she then decided to appear in the bathroom after an hour of waiting (irl time)
uhhh, in pokemon sun, i basically went through the caves walls (digglet tunnels? is that what it's called) and went out of bounds :))) shouldn't have done that since it deleted my game file and i had a lot of progress on it :(

in sims 4 my cat walked through fire and possibly went to hell (she was still in my household). she then decided to appear in the bathroom after an hour of waiting (irl time)
Oup.gif
^ hi.. . my art ^
Pokemon red/blue is fun to mess around with.
Lots of glitches :P
Pokemon red/blue is fun to mess around with.
Lots of glitches :P
She/Her | PM me about saving a fodder dragon :)
cSQQuYb.png
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded. SO many glitches in that game. Lots of fun ones except the one where you get stranded in the world that never was off to the side of the walkway and have to spend over a half an hour trying to get back to it because YOU DIDN'T SAVE. ;-;
Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded. SO many glitches in that game. Lots of fun ones except the one where you get stranded in the world that never was off to the side of the walkway and have to spend over a half an hour trying to get back to it because YOU DIDN'T SAVE. ;-;
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
not on purpose, but yes
the biggest bug I've ran into ended up with me getting softlocked on the last spyro game because some old guy is hallucinating a wall
not on purpose, but yes
the biggest bug I've ran into ended up with me getting softlocked on the last spyro game because some old guy is hallucinating a wall
unknown.png
idk if its technically a glitch but in pokemon Y I used to go to the eiffel tower thing and put a dime under the analog stick to hold it to the left, so I could leave my DS on and ride my bike around it for hours to hatch eggs.
idk if its technically a glitch but in pokemon Y I used to go to the eiffel tower thing and put a dime under the analog stick to hold it to the left, so I could leave my DS on and ride my bike around it for hours to hatch eggs.
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
Not intentionally, but apparently in one of the missions in Mass Effect 1, if you go by foot through one of the sections, the game will essentially teleport the Mako tank to you at the very end because the scene changes and they apparently didn't expect for anyone to not drive the entire way there.

I just didn't want to take the decreased EXP from fighting enemies while in the tank... It was pretty hilarious though for the tank to suddenly spawn on top of my team though.

Also in the MMO Fiesta Online, you used to be able to jump out of a specific corner of the map and fall out of bounds, which was pretty cool, especially since it didn't do anything negative to you-- you'd just appear right next to the corner again after a bit.
Not intentionally, but apparently in one of the missions in Mass Effect 1, if you go by foot through one of the sections, the game will essentially teleport the Mako tank to you at the very end because the scene changes and they apparently didn't expect for anyone to not drive the entire way there.

I just didn't want to take the decreased EXP from fighting enemies while in the tank... It was pretty hilarious though for the tank to suddenly spawn on top of my team though.

Also in the MMO Fiesta Online, you used to be able to jump out of a specific corner of the map and fall out of bounds, which was pretty cool, especially since it didn't do anything negative to you-- you'd just appear right next to the corner again after a bit.
(They/Them) (FR + 2)

~*Art Shop*~
Yep, I've found many bugs as both a game tester and by accident whilst playing casually.

Some of my favourites include the machine gun windmill in Perfect Dark, clipping out of bounds shenanigans in Kingdom Hearts 358/2Days, and the slow-mo smear of Lu Bu's pants across the screen with every musou after glitching an enemy into a tree in Dynasty Warriors 5:XL.
Yep, I've found many bugs as both a game tester and by accident whilst playing casually.

Some of my favourites include the machine gun windmill in Perfect Dark, clipping out of bounds shenanigans in Kingdom Hearts 358/2Days, and the slow-mo smear of Lu Bu's pants across the screen with every musou after glitching an enemy into a tree in Dynasty Warriors 5:XL.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I tried doing the 4th day glitch in Majora's Mask 3D like how it's done in the original version of the game on the N64.. It failed, though, since they changed how you did that glitch.

I wanna try it on my virtual console version of the game, but I honestly don't have the courage to do so.
I tried doing the 4th day glitch in Majora's Mask 3D like how it's done in the original version of the game on the N64.. It failed, though, since they changed how you did that glitch.

I wanna try it on my virtual console version of the game, but I honestly don't have the courage to do so.
hoo boy hoo man spore is an absolute bugfest
ive seen so many glitches over the years from minor to uhhhh Nothing too major, and i dont think the game randomly crashing for no reason is a bug exactly
im not even looking for glitches they just. Appear
the wikia has a lot detailed its quite a read
hoo boy hoo man spore is an absolute bugfest
ive seen so many glitches over the years from minor to uhhhh Nothing too major, and i dont think the game randomly crashing for no reason is a bug exactly
im not even looking for glitches they just. Appear
the wikia has a lot detailed its quite a read
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
1 2 3 4