Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fantasy Quest(closed)
1 2 3 4 5
In a world wrought by a war between dragons and humans, there lies a town. This town is almost completely destroyed except for a few small buildings. Not too far into the distance the shape of a skydancer can be seen flying towards the town. As he nears he sees a the head of a young hatchling poking out of a hole in the middle of a fairly large ruin. As he lands the hatchling backs into his hole once more. "Come out young tundra I won't hurt you, my name is Roxas, I was hatched in this very town, I am of the wind flight, and I am a royal salvager. the queen sent me here as soon as the scouts reported this attack. Are there any more of you?"
Together Nolaran and the hatchling searched the ruins, together there were 11 hatchlings, five of them had aptitude for magic, the other 6 were about to take their tests to find out where they were to train. "Well I guess you can choose what you want to do, there are 6 non magic classes, as you know. Here's a paper with what they are and what you will do. Each of you pick one and we will be off!"

The six classes are:
1. Salvager - collects items and makes clothing and weapons out of them to help their teammates most popular with skydancers, imperials, and coatl
2. Swordsman- wields a sword with both his/her tail and front talons, most popular with fae, wildclaw, and pearlcatchers
3. Barbarian - uses brute force to get what they want by whatever means possible, most popular with snappers and ridgebacks
4.protector - noble and valiant the protector does everything possible to save him and his teammates from harm, but always puts his teammates lives above his own, and as such is usually best for leading the party. Most popular with guardians, and tundra
5. Ninja - uses whatever means possible to finish their objective, main skills include sneaking and thieving : most popular with mirror, spiral, and
6. Strategist - known for leading armies to victory, strategists are best at guiding they're teammates to victory, they are the minds behind the victory, although they themselves are rarely on the front line. Most popular with imperial, mirror, and skydancers

There are two classes for the magic aptitude
1. White Mage - uses magic to heal and help their teammates while staying out of the battle itself
2. Mage- uses magic to attack the foe, the type of meg you are depends on your flight

This rp will not begin until all 11 slots are filled, you can join by application, if you do apply please put something silly as your username so i know that you read the full rp prompt. When applying I ask that you apply with a dragon that is less than two weeks old, if the rp does not start until after your dragon reaches said age it will not matter, just don't refresh the image for said dragon. you may pick any class you like although I suggest you pick one that is popular with the breed that you apply with. For all classes, you will be given the opportunity to learn abilities as the story progresses. If your application is accepted - mages- I will tell you what type of magic you wield, and your starter spell. All other classes- I will tell you your starter spell/ability. Application example is below. Only the first five magic aptitude applications that are accepted will be accepted. After the first five, you will have to pick a normal class. Also, magic aptitude does not mean you have to be a magical class.

Each class, combined with a class, will get a different starting health, the pairings to classes will make it easiest for you to stay alive in battle.

On the matter of apparel- you can equip apparel if in rp a salvager gives you an item, or when we defeat an enemy and you get gear. I will explain in more detail next.

I am currently searching for a bbbcode dice roller for us to use in this rp, if you know of one, please pm me. when we defeat an enemy everyone will be able to roll their die by copy/pasting the code, then edit your post and type the number you got, 4 and up means you can equip apparel, one item per battle. This is always optional.

IN Battle you will have your abilities. We will use them in a turn order, which will be posted every time we encounter an enemy. Each ability will have a different effect, which you will know when your dragon learns these abilities. I suggest you keep a piece of paper or an electronic document with a. List of your dragons abilities and current health. Which we will discuss when you apply

When you are accepted, I ask permission to speak for your character, just this once, to introduce your character as an official part of the story.

Before I forget, I will be playing as Roxas and the little tundra hatchling that Roxas found, I will also be the one to create NPC and similar entities

I am now implementing an OOC, If there is something wrong with your application I will post it there, when you apply please subscribe to the OOC. Here is the link: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=rp&id=1073478
Use this ping list
@akyawolf
@derelictdreams
@ranocazulis
@thegodsnake
@krystelle
@mielikki
@frostwind
In a world wrought by a war between dragons and humans, there lies a town. This town is almost completely destroyed except for a few small buildings. Not too far into the distance the shape of a skydancer can be seen flying towards the town. As he nears he sees a the head of a young hatchling poking out of a hole in the middle of a fairly large ruin. As he lands the hatchling backs into his hole once more. "Come out young tundra I won't hurt you, my name is Roxas, I was hatched in this very town, I am of the wind flight, and I am a royal salvager. the queen sent me here as soon as the scouts reported this attack. Are there any more of you?"
Together Nolaran and the hatchling searched the ruins, together there were 11 hatchlings, five of them had aptitude for magic, the other 6 were about to take their tests to find out where they were to train. "Well I guess you can choose what you want to do, there are 6 non magic classes, as you know. Here's a paper with what they are and what you will do. Each of you pick one and we will be off!"

The six classes are:
1. Salvager - collects items and makes clothing and weapons out of them to help their teammates most popular with skydancers, imperials, and coatl
2. Swordsman- wields a sword with both his/her tail and front talons, most popular with fae, wildclaw, and pearlcatchers
3. Barbarian - uses brute force to get what they want by whatever means possible, most popular with snappers and ridgebacks
4.protector - noble and valiant the protector does everything possible to save him and his teammates from harm, but always puts his teammates lives above his own, and as such is usually best for leading the party. Most popular with guardians, and tundra
5. Ninja - uses whatever means possible to finish their objective, main skills include sneaking and thieving : most popular with mirror, spiral, and
6. Strategist - known for leading armies to victory, strategists are best at guiding they're teammates to victory, they are the minds behind the victory, although they themselves are rarely on the front line. Most popular with imperial, mirror, and skydancers

There are two classes for the magic aptitude
1. White Mage - uses magic to heal and help their teammates while staying out of the battle itself
2. Mage- uses magic to attack the foe, the type of meg you are depends on your flight

This rp will not begin until all 11 slots are filled, you can join by application, if you do apply please put something silly as your username so i know that you read the full rp prompt. When applying I ask that you apply with a dragon that is less than two weeks old, if the rp does not start until after your dragon reaches said age it will not matter, just don't refresh the image for said dragon. you may pick any class you like although I suggest you pick one that is popular with the breed that you apply with. For all classes, you will be given the opportunity to learn abilities as the story progresses. If your application is accepted - mages- I will tell you what type of magic you wield, and your starter spell. All other classes- I will tell you your starter spell/ability. Application example is below. Only the first five magic aptitude applications that are accepted will be accepted. After the first five, you will have to pick a normal class. Also, magic aptitude does not mean you have to be a magical class.

Each class, combined with a class, will get a different starting health, the pairings to classes will make it easiest for you to stay alive in battle.

On the matter of apparel- you can equip apparel if in rp a salvager gives you an item, or when we defeat an enemy and you get gear. I will explain in more detail next.

I am currently searching for a bbbcode dice roller for us to use in this rp, if you know of one, please pm me. when we defeat an enemy everyone will be able to roll their die by copy/pasting the code, then edit your post and type the number you got, 4 and up means you can equip apparel, one item per battle. This is always optional.

IN Battle you will have your abilities. We will use them in a turn order, which will be posted every time we encounter an enemy. Each ability will have a different effect, which you will know when your dragon learns these abilities. I suggest you keep a piece of paper or an electronic document with a. List of your dragons abilities and current health. Which we will discuss when you apply

When you are accepted, I ask permission to speak for your character, just this once, to introduce your character as an official part of the story.

Before I forget, I will be playing as Roxas and the little tundra hatchling that Roxas found, I will also be the one to create NPC and similar entities

I am now implementing an OOC, If there is something wrong with your application I will post it there, when you apply please subscribe to the OOC. Here is the link: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=rp&id=1073478
Use this ping list
@akyawolf
@derelictdreams
@ranocazulis
@thegodsnake
@krystelle
@mielikki
@frostwind
Online or I may be offline, I'm like schroedingers cat, I am both, until I make a post. But I am 0 hours ahead of server time, sooo, make an educated guess.
for you 2048 fans here is a FR 2048: http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/flightrising-edition-4/
I guess I will make a character sheet for Roxas. Dragon name: Roxas Dragon flight: wind Appearance: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=842018] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/8421/842018_350.png[/img] [/url] Class: salvager Rank: Royal Most used ability: weld- can be used in battle to cause intense heat damage to target (20) out of battle is used to weld salvage gear to create apparel Personality: easygoing, usually calm, and good with children, when not working, he can be found teaching the young prince the art of salvaging.
I guess I will make a character sheet for Roxas.
Dragon name: Roxas
Dragon flight: wind
Appearance:
842018_350.png

Class: salvager
Most used ability: weld- can be used in battle to cause intense heat damage to target (20)
out of battle is used to weld salvage gear to create apparel
Personality: easygoing, usually calm, and good with children, when not working, he can be found teaching the young prince the art of salvaging.
Online or I may be offline, I'm like schroedingers cat, I am both, until I make a post. But I am 0 hours ahead of server time, sooo, make an educated guess.
for you 2048 fans here is a FR 2048: http://games.usvsth3m.com/2048/flightrising-edition-4/
username : UnaScrittaTroppoFiga Dragon name: Andrea Dragon flight: plague appeareance: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3231731] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/32318/3231731_350.png[/img] [/url] class : mage Personality: quiet, educate, sensitive and a bit insecure, Andrea is an extremely loyal and devoted friend. She may appear shy, but she enjoyes the company of others, and loves making friends. She doesn't like the sun too much because her eyes are vulnerable to it, but likes to sleep in sunlight. Is also quite moody, and her changes between emotions are more visable when she's sick. She will often protect her friends by everything, and may give her life for them, despite being a mage she is always in first line, ready to help and make Everyone who hurts her friends rot and decay. She is quite vengeful with the enemies, with other dragons instead she is extremely Forgiving. She can be mature, a lot mature when its needed, but most of times she is a youngling that wants to play and smile, even when everything she loved was swept away.
username : UnaScrittaTroppoFiga

Dragon name: Andrea
Dragon flight: plague
appeareance:

3231731_350.png

class : mage
Personality: quiet, educate, sensitive and a bit insecure, Andrea is an extremely loyal and devoted friend.
She may appear shy, but she enjoyes the company of others, and loves making friends. She doesn't like the sun too much because her eyes are vulnerable to it, but likes to sleep in sunlight. Is also quite moody, and her changes between emotions are more visable when she's sick.
She will often protect her friends by everything, and may give her life for them, despite being a mage she is always in first line, ready to help and make Everyone who hurts her friends rot and decay.
She is quite vengeful with the enemies, with other dragons instead she is extremely Forgiving. She can be mature, a lot mature when its needed, but most of times she is a youngling that wants to play and smile, even when everything she loved was swept away.
I've got something better for us this time, take a look inside my twisted mind
TUMBLR ART SHOP DEVIANTART HATCHERY
+9 hours server time
I am interested in this, and have a nest of skydancers hatching tomorrow. So I should be posting an application at that time.
I am interested in this, and have a nest of skydancers hatching tomorrow. So I should be posting an application at that time.
As Roxas approaches the circle of hatchlings, a young white imperial with obsidian wings, steps forward. "Mr. Roxas," she says in a quiet voice, "I am Andrea, my flight is plague, and my aptitude is magic, I want to be a Mage."
Managing not to look surprised, Roxas replied, "two things, if you want to be a Mage you need to be more confident in yourself, speak with integrity, everyone, will see you are a Mage and will respect you or fear you. The second is that as a Mage of the plague flight you have the ability to control the dead, of course that is stronger magic. So by the power vested in me by her royal highness, the queen, I pronounce you a Mage of the plague flight." Roxas hands a small scroll to the young girl, "here is your first spell, this scroll will teach you how to cast it"
"Thank you!" Andrea replies with much more enthusiasm, as she runs off to go practice her spell.

¡Andrea learned the ability, plaguebolt - hits your enemy with a bolt of sicknesse (10) and poisons them (5) for the next five turns¡
As Roxas approaches the circle of hatchlings, a young white imperial with obsidian wings, steps forward. "Mr. Roxas," she says in a quiet voice, "I am Andrea, my flight is plague, and my aptitude is magic, I want to be a Mage."
Managing not to look surprised, Roxas replied, "two things, if you want to be a Mage you need to be more confident in yourself, speak with integrity, everyone, will see you are a Mage and will respect you or fear you. The second is that as a Mage of the plague flight you have the ability to control the dead, of course that is stronger magic. So by the power vested in me by her royal highness, the queen, I pronounce you a Mage of the plague flight." Roxas hands a small scroll to the young girl, "here is your first spell, this scroll will teach you how to cast it"
"Thank you!" Andrea replies with much more enthusiasm, as she runs off to go practice her spell.

¡Andrea learned the ability, plaguebolt - hits your enemy with a bolt of sicknesse (10) and poisons them (5) for the next five turns¡
Username: GalacticGranolaGal Dragon name: Lilith Dragons flight: Shadow Appearance: [img]http://i.imgur.com/zqSpiww.png[/img] Class: Ninja Personality: She often claims to know the exact extent of her abilities. Once Lilith makes a decision, it's often hard to sway her from her goal, as she believes that there's always a way for her to complete her objective. While Lilith honestly tries to be fairly amiable with the others, she finds herself wondering if she's really close to any of them. However, she still enjoys journeying with them and hopes that they can find a way to prevent the loss of even more dragons.
Username: GalacticGranolaGal
Dragon name: Lilith
Dragons flight: Shadow
Appearance:

zqSpiww.png

Class: Ninja
Personality: She often claims to know the exact extent of her abilities. Once Lilith makes a decision, it's often hard to sway her from her goal, as she believes that there's always a way for her to complete her objective. While Lilith honestly tries to be fairly amiable with the others, she finds herself wondering if she's really close to any of them. However, she still enjoys journeying with them and hopes that they can find a way to prevent the loss of even more dragons.
As Roxas watches the remaining 10 dragons, he suddenly realized, one of them was missing! After counting them he noticed it was the obsidian Skydancer that had the ice wings with eye spots. Hoping she wasn't hurt, Roxas looked around calmly so as not to frighten the others. After about a minute of searching, using the special human detection goggles he had made, he came to the conclusion of two things, either a-his goggles were faulty again(it really didn't surprise him, they barely worked), or b- the girl had left, thinking that she was too good to need the rest of the party(which didn't surprise him either, she had already shown that she wasn't frightened). After calming down, Roxas almost flew 20 feet in the air when the little dragon landed silently on his back. "You really shouldn't do that, you're lucky I'm not a firebreather."
"Sorry!" The young dragon replied, "I made a choice and couldn't resist proving that I could do it. My name is Lilith, my flight is shadow, I've got no aptitude for magic, but I'm obviously good at being a ninja, so that is the class I want to pick."
"Well, Lilith, I believe you are right," he says as he rifles through his pack, "I know it's in here somewhere, Aha! Here it is, this is your scroll, the ability on it is incapacitate to use it you will need this." he says handing her the scroll and a small knife, " the humans call it a Kunai, it is used for throwing, I salvaged it from a human, and modified it for a dragons use, go train on that beam over there."

¡Lilith learned, incapacitate- damage an opponent (10) and they miss their next turn in battle from your wound
As Roxas watches the remaining 10 dragons, he suddenly realized, one of them was missing! After counting them he noticed it was the obsidian Skydancer that had the ice wings with eye spots. Hoping she wasn't hurt, Roxas looked around calmly so as not to frighten the others. After about a minute of searching, using the special human detection goggles he had made, he came to the conclusion of two things, either a-his goggles were faulty again(it really didn't surprise him, they barely worked), or b- the girl had left, thinking that she was too good to need the rest of the party(which didn't surprise him either, she had already shown that she wasn't frightened). After calming down, Roxas almost flew 20 feet in the air when the little dragon landed silently on his back. "You really shouldn't do that, you're lucky I'm not a firebreather."
"Sorry!" The young dragon replied, "I made a choice and couldn't resist proving that I could do it. My name is Lilith, my flight is shadow, I've got no aptitude for magic, but I'm obviously good at being a ninja, so that is the class I want to pick."
"Well, Lilith, I believe you are right," he says as he rifles through his pack, "I know it's in here somewhere, Aha! Here it is, this is your scroll, the ability on it is incapacitate to use it you will need this." he says handing her the scroll and a small knife, " the humans call it a Kunai, it is used for throwing, I salvaged it from a human, and modified it for a dragons use, go train on that beam over there."

¡Lilith learned, incapacitate- damage an opponent (10) and they miss their next turn in battle from your wound
I did change the application by adding personality, the two of you who have already applied, I hope you are ok with the personality, that I gave your dragon, based on their appearance, if you are not, add personality to your character sheet, and I will edit your welcome posts. Of course, I have set this up for character development, so you will be able to change these personalities over time. I also ask of derelict to pick one class, not two, so please either choose Mage, or ninja.
I did change the application by adding personality, the two of you who have already applied, I hope you are ok with the personality, that I gave your dragon, based on their appearance, if you are not, add personality to your character sheet, and I will edit your welcome posts. Of course, I have set this up for character development, so you will be able to change these personalities over time. I also ask of derelict to pick one class, not two, so please either choose Mage, or ninja.
Username: IAmYourSingingTelegram Dragon Name:Lucius Dragon Flight: Light Appearance: [img]http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af207/RanocAzulis/DragonLucius_zps4730ca93.png[/img] Class: Strategist Personality: Quiet, intelligent and calculating with a strong sense of justice. Lucius may not be the most physically skilled, but knows how to use all of his resources to achieve victory. Lucius may seem very cold and emotionless at first due to his calculating nature, but he is fiercely loyal to his friends and allies. He is also arrogant and can sometimes get himself into trouble by overestimating what he is capable of. Despite this, he usually manages to make himself a worthy ally to his cause.
Username: IAmYourSingingTelegram
Dragon Name:Lucius
Dragon Flight: Light
Appearance:
DragonLucius_zps4730ca93.png
Class: Strategist
Personality: Quiet, intelligent and calculating with a strong sense of justice. Lucius may not be the most physically skilled, but knows how to use all of his resources to achieve victory. Lucius may seem very cold and emotionless at first due to his calculating nature, but he is fiercely loyal to his friends and allies. He is also arrogant and can sometimes get himself into trouble by overestimating what he is capable of. Despite this, he usually manages to make himself a worthy ally to his cause.
Username:tongwayo Dragon name: Tarelon (Ta- rei- lawn) Dragon flight: arcane Appearance: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3269630] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/32697/3269630_350.png[/img] [/url] Class: Protector Personality: curious, smart, a little wild, and protective of his friends. Tarelon was the last one into the hiding places. Throughout the battle that raged outside, Tarelon watched, in awe of his mothers might and his fathers agility. Although He puts on a brave front he is still wary of his friends getting hurt. They are all he has now, and he vows not to lose them like he lost his parents.
Username:tongwayo
Dragon name: Tarelon (Ta- rei- lawn)
Dragon flight: arcane
Appearance:
3269630_350.png

Class: Protector
Personality: curious, smart, a little wild, and protective of his friends. Tarelon was the last one into the hiding places. Throughout the battle that raged outside, Tarelon watched, in awe of his mothers might and his fathers agility. Although He puts on a brave front he is still wary of his friends getting hurt. They are all he has now, and he vows not to lose them like he lost his parents.
1 2 3 4 5