Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Rebellion - a nuzlocke
I'm going to be starting a nuzlocke challenge. I've decided I'm not happy with my lair anymore. I want to do something *fun*. [size=1]*correction: something that is extremely hardcore that's fit for extreme hardcore people, not babies like me but I'm stupid enough to do it anyway[/size] [b]However[/b], I'm weak. I have adjusted the nuzlocke rules AND are keeping some of my dragons. All dragons after Daffodil (the G1) are nuzlocke dragons. [quote][center]For my reference, noodlesthing's nuzlocke thread is [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1150203/1]here[/url].[/center][/quote] [quote name="noodlesthing" date="2014-07-25 11:27:29" ] [b]How to start[/b] 1. Exalt all but one dragon. The best way to go about it is probably to narrow your lair down to a few favorites, then use a random number generator to pick the sole survivor. If you really want you can stow your favorites in a friend's lair or just keep them and not use them, but if you do YOU'RE WEAK. 2. [s]Get an egg. Hatch it.[/s] OR buy a G1 from the AH. 3. These are the two sole members of your clan - the lone survivor, and an orphaned hatchling, perhaps found among the rubble of the fatal disaster. [b]The rules[/b] 1. Dragons can be bought. They must be the first adult dragon on the AH, and I can spend no more than 10kt/10g on one. (meaning intense dom battles will restrict me from buying) 2. You can only buy one egg a month. 3. You can't scatter scroll a dragon until they've reached level 25. 4. You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20. 5. For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon. 6. [s]You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli.[/s] UH. No way. Nope. I can spend my gathering turns wherever I want. 7. If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt. [b]Nests[/b] 1. For every hatchling, flip a coin. 2. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt. 3. If heads, you have a survivor. [/quote]
I'm going to be starting a nuzlocke challenge. I've decided I'm not happy with my lair anymore. I want to do something *fun*.

*correction: something that is extremely hardcore that's fit for extreme hardcore people, not babies like me but I'm stupid enough to do it anyway

However, I'm weak. I have adjusted the nuzlocke rules AND are keeping some of my dragons. All dragons after Daffodil (the G1) are nuzlocke dragons.
Quote:
For my reference, noodlesthing's nuzlocke thread is here.
noodlesthing wrote on 2014-07-25 11:27:29:
How to start
1. Exalt all but one dragon. The best way to go about it is probably to narrow your lair down to a few favorites, then use a random number generator to pick the sole survivor. If you really want you can stow your favorites in a friend's lair or just keep them and not use them, but if you do YOU'RE WEAK.
2. Get an egg. Hatch it. OR buy a G1 from the AH.
3. These are the two sole members of your clan - the lone survivor, and an orphaned hatchling, perhaps found among the rubble of the fatal disaster.

The rules
1. Dragons can be bought. They must be the first adult dragon on the AH, and I can spend no more than 10kt/10g on one. (meaning intense dom battles will restrict me from buying)
2. You can only buy one egg a month.
3. You can't scatter scroll a dragon until they've reached level 25.
4. You can't give a dragon a primary gene until level 10, can't give them a secondary gene until level 15, and can't give them a tertiary gene until level 20.
5. For every egg you find, whether in the coliseum or by scavenging, you may purchase one breed change for any dragon.
6. You cannot gather food, you must grind for it in the coli. UH. No way. Nope. I can spend my gathering turns wherever I want.
7. If a dragon faints in the coli, it's dead. Exalt.

Nests
1. For every hatchling, flip a coin.
2. If tails, the hatchling died. Exalt.
3. If heads, you have a survivor.
[quote][i]The dragons of Frostbite Peak have always been living in harmony. Strife is rare, and rebellion is almost unheard of. Until one day, a group of rogue dragons were welcomed to stay in the Peak. At first, no one noticed anything. But more hints were dropped, more dragons disappeared, and soon, the rogues had the entire clan wrapped around their claws. Or... most of it. Many, actually, were wary of them. But they did not question, as the rogues were... powerful. Their skills were advanced and their blades sharp as a spiteful one's words, but it wasn't that. Their influence on the clan was so strong that one word spoken out would soon lead to war... and death. So they kept quiet, trying tricks of their own, but under a sort of... safety net. The influenced dragons, however, had suspicions of their own, and soon rebelled against the clan. They fought, and eventually, the clan wiped out all the rogues, but also itself in the process. All that remained was one sole survivor, the last hope for the once-peaceful clan of Frostbite Peak.[/i][/quote] So. I exalted most of my dragons, but left some. None are going to take part in this nuzlocke, so I bought a starter dragon and a G1 (both RTB because I'm impatient). [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47851527] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/478516/47851527_350.png[/img] [/url] Meet Caeli, the survivor. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47108359] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/471084/47108359_350.png[/img] [/url] And Callin, who happens to have spinner already. [s]I'm pretty sure that's cheating but...[/s] And a scry in his bio.
Quote:
The dragons of Frostbite Peak have always been living in harmony. Strife is rare, and rebellion is almost unheard of.

Until one day, a group of rogue dragons were welcomed to stay in the Peak.

At first, no one noticed anything. But more hints were dropped, more dragons disappeared, and soon, the rogues had the entire clan wrapped around their claws.

Or... most of it. Many, actually, were wary of them. But they did not question, as the rogues were... powerful. Their skills were advanced and their blades sharp as a spiteful one's words, but it wasn't that. Their influence on the clan was so strong that one word spoken out would soon lead to war... and death.

So they kept quiet, trying tricks of their own, but under a sort of... safety net. The influenced dragons, however, had suspicions of their own, and soon rebelled against the clan.

They fought, and eventually, the clan wiped out all the rogues, but also itself in the process.

All that remained was one sole survivor, the last hope for the once-peaceful clan of Frostbite Peak.

So. I exalted most of my dragons, but left some. None are going to take part in this nuzlocke, so I bought a starter dragon and a G1 (both RTB because I'm impatient).

47851527_350.png

Meet Caeli, the survivor.

47108359_350.png

And Callin, who happens to have spinner already. I'm pretty sure that's cheating but... And a scry in his bio.
[columns][color=transparent]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/color][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47851527] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/478516/47851527p.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47108359] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/471084/47108359p.png[/img] [/url][/columns] [center][b]The survivor and the orphan[/b][/center] [b]Other characters[/b] None
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
47851527p.png

47108359p.png
The survivor and the orphan

Other characters
None
Entry 1

Caeli was not known for being a survivor.

Yet, when she and all the others who believed in peace were called out to fight the rogues, Caeli was certain she was going to die. To die in battle, against an enemy that composed of some of her own friends and family.

This was what rebellion meant, wasn't it?

So when the last survivor fell, she knew it was up to her now. If she wanted to restore the glory of the clan of Frostbite Peak... well, she had better start rebuilding now.

I don't know how long Callin's been living on his own, abandoned.

I don't want to know.

I found him today, crouched behind a bush. I can't leave him. He's young and lonely, yet old enough to keep himself alive.

What do I do, now that I have a companion?

Will it make things easier?

How are things going to turn after this?
Entry 1

Caeli was not known for being a survivor.

Yet, when she and all the others who believed in peace were called out to fight the rogues, Caeli was certain she was going to die. To die in battle, against an enemy that composed of some of her own friends and family.

This was what rebellion meant, wasn't it?

So when the last survivor fell, she knew it was up to her now. If she wanted to restore the glory of the clan of Frostbite Peak... well, she had better start rebuilding now.

I don't know how long Callin's been living on his own, abandoned.

I don't want to know.

I found him today, crouched behind a bush. I can't leave him. He's young and lonely, yet old enough to keep himself alive.

What do I do, now that I have a companion?

Will it make things easier?

How are things going to turn after this?
Entry 2

There wasn't any food left.

Callin was still young, but needless to say, he was old enough to learn how to fight. It was time to find something to eat.

Caeli stood up and walked toward her only companion. She desperately hoped he would survive, as the young fae was beginning to grow on her.

She would have to see.

welp. Callin died. I took the two out for several rounds in the coli. In the second battle, he was nearing death, but dodged a sweetpuff's hit. Then Caeli knocked out most of its health, and it was up to him, but guess what.

Callin missed and let the bird strike him.
Entry 2

There wasn't any food left.

Callin was still young, but needless to say, he was old enough to learn how to fight. It was time to find something to eat.

Caeli stood up and walked toward her only companion. She desperately hoped he would survive, as the young fae was beginning to grow on her.

She would have to see.

welp. Callin died. I took the two out for several rounds in the coli. In the second battle, he was nearing death, but dodged a sweetpuff's hit. Then Caeli knocked out most of its health, and it was up to him, but guess what.

Callin missed and let the bird strike him.