Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Daily Endangered Species
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 172 173
@wetdog13
You’ve been added!
@wetdog13
You’ve been added!
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
can i be added to the pinglist?
can i be added to the pinglist?
space 45727959_wjSLU10pqvydDyT.png?1645336354.png
Raven Mokian
FZqr7VJ.png
ePOliyb.png
Down to talk, trade, whatevs!
Only friend me if we've talked plz
6kCimue.gif
Such a Friendly looking boy.
Such a Friendly looking boy.
Warren, he and him, 20
MH3-Gigginox_Icon.pngMH3-Agnaktor_Icon.pngMH3-Gobul_Icon.pngMH3-Uragaan_Icon.pngMH3-Qurupeco_Icon.pngMH3-Lagiacrus_Icon.pngMH3-Barroth_Icon.pngMH3-Ceadeus_Icon.png
OMG IN NEED TO BE ON THIS PINGLIST PLEASE
OMG IN NEED TO BE ON THIS PINGLIST PLEASE
light_rose_by_dogi_crimson-darmgwb.png
@BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx
You’ve both been added! :)
@BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx
You’ve both been added! :)
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @aurora58002 @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower @Harvestable @CowboyMouth @Stellailluma @NerraVostra @Precursor @catjello @CoconutWhale @Dieter @Kataracts @Yuubi @BirdBrained @sunethesona @RingsofSaturn @Heavenbound @Vader @Chook @sedatetoucan @wetdog13 @BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx Today’s species: the giant sequoia! [img]https://arbordayblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/giant-sequoia-1080x608.jpg[/img] The giant sequoia ([i]Sequoiadendron giganteum[/i]) is the most massive individual tree species in the world and the last of its genus. They are among the oldest-living organisms in the world; the tree called the President tree is the oldest currently alive at about 3,200 years old. The largest by volume is called General Sherman after the American Civil War general, with the volume of its trunk estimated at 52,508 cubic feet. The bark of these trees is rich in tannins, which protects them against dangers such as fire. Sequoia trees are threatened by a warming climate and fire suppression policies, which allow nutrients to stay trapped in undergrowth and dead biomass.
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @aurora58002 @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower @Harvestable @CowboyMouth @Stellailluma @NerraVostra @Precursor @catjello @CoconutWhale @Dieter @Kataracts @Yuubi @BirdBrained @sunethesona @RingsofSaturn @Heavenbound @Vader @Chook @sedatetoucan @wetdog13 @BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx

Today’s species: the giant sequoia!
giant-sequoia-1080x608.jpg
The giant sequoia (Sequoiadendron giganteum) is the most massive individual tree species in the world and the last of its genus. They are among the oldest-living organisms in the world; the tree called the President tree is the oldest currently alive at about 3,200 years old. The largest by volume is called General Sherman after the American Civil War general, with the volume of its trunk estimated at 52,508 cubic feet. The bark of these trees is rich in tannins, which protects them against dangers such as fire. Sequoia trees are threatened by a warming climate and fire suppression policies, which allow nutrients to stay trapped in undergrowth and dead biomass.
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
That giant sequoia (Sequoiadendron giganteum) is my husband and I love all 52,508 cubic feet him.
That giant sequoia (Sequoiadendron giganteum) is my husband and I love all 52,508 cubic feet him.
IiQiWPn.pngbfEyFxs.pngkqf9y5Z.pngGZlWKfO.pngCWIUaHz.png43xqIhP.pngmdKE3mR.png0WN7RG0.pngfpCIsza.pngS8TNA1X.pngwZbURwQ.png
Big tree boy.
Big tree boy.
Warren, he and him, 20
MH3-Gigginox_Icon.pngMH3-Agnaktor_Icon.pngMH3-Gobul_Icon.pngMH3-Uragaan_Icon.pngMH3-Qurupeco_Icon.pngMH3-Lagiacrus_Icon.pngMH3-Barroth_Icon.pngMH3-Ceadeus_Icon.png
Wow.
Wow.
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @aurora58002 @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower @Harvestable @CowboyMouth @Stellailluma @NerraVostra @Precursor @catjello @CoconutWhale @Dieter @Kataracts @Yuubi @BirdBrained @sunethesona @RingsofSaturn @Heavenbound @Vader @Chook @sedatetoucan @wetdog13 @BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx Today’s species: the blue tree monitor! [img]https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/blue-spotted-tree-monitor.jpg[/img] The blue tree monitor ([i]Varanus macraei[/i]) is found on the island of Batanta in Indonesia on the northwestern tip of the Vogelkop peninsula, which may be the smallest distribution of any tree monitor. Because only two vertebrate species actually produce blue pigment, it is suggested that the blue coloration of the blue tree monitor is what is known as structural color- colorless cells scatter light in a way that makes the lizard appear blue. It is classified as endangered and threatened by collection for the pet trade- the species is valued at $1,500 per lizard. Of all reptiles captured for the pet trade, two thirds do not make it to the trade chain. Many perish under the inhumane conditions of the collecting points along the trade routes.
@LizardKing @DracoMalfoyy @Tealwing @MightyTharos @Lexiffer @Woebegone @Bronzewing @Charias @NovaBlu @Lepidolite @wyvernaura888 @LoversMasque @TheBlueOne @Miramai @Lanelle @aurora58002 @yeehawbuckaroo @TheClassCalico @Homuncullus @Yabbi @Thundershower @Harvestable @CowboyMouth @Stellailluma @NerraVostra @Precursor @catjello @CoconutWhale @Dieter @Kataracts @Yuubi @BirdBrained @sunethesona @RingsofSaturn @Heavenbound @Vader @Chook @sedatetoucan @wetdog13 @BlazingPhoenix01 @Ashfoxx

Today’s species: the blue tree monitor!
blue-spotted-tree-monitor.jpg
The blue tree monitor (Varanus macraei) is found on the island of Batanta in Indonesia on the northwestern tip of the Vogelkop peninsula, which may be the smallest distribution of any tree monitor. Because only two vertebrate species actually produce blue pigment, it is suggested that the blue coloration of the blue tree monitor is what is known as structural color- colorless cells scatter light in a way that makes the lizard appear blue. It is classified as endangered and threatened by collection for the pet trade- the species is valued at $1,500 per lizard.

Of all reptiles captured for the pet trade, two thirds do not make it to the trade chain. Many perish under the inhumane conditions of the collecting points along the trade routes.
iuEBSJ3.png
Fnrx3wS.png
gYW0j5f.png
ARAxlYW.png
Ravi-Resized.png
1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 172 173