Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Night of the Nocturne 2018
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 88 89
Happy Night of the Nocturne everybody!
Happy Night of the Nocturne everybody!
long rant is long, sorry :/ but i have a lot of thoughts

i wouldn't be too upset with the poor chest drop rates (i do believe they're horrible this year) if the staff would consider cycling out at least the familiars from the first year. they're clogging up my hoard and, as they're worth next to nothing, i've resorted to just throwing them away straight from my hoard, no use in setting up an auction :/ don't even get me started on the fact that the only option for the apparel is to auction it (bad bad bad decision, please change that staff).

i feel like there was enough of the familiars/apparel after the first year alone to have a sufficient amount circulating in the auction house for new and old players. i know i had at least three of each thing after the first event. sure, there wouldn't have been enough for every new player who would ever join FR to have one, but why is that a bad thing? i can't understand why there can't be a reward for being an older player to the site in this, as almost every other item is possible for new and old players to get. it's so frustrating that almost nothing on this site has worth longer than a month after it's release because they're just always available.

it's getting a little ridiculous. last year was pushing it with the abundance of familiars and apparel, but this year it's just awful. if there's really such a big uproar over new players not being able to get the older items if they're changed every year (which, again, there really shouldn't be) then why not cycle through every two years? so the previous year's drops are always accessible the following year, but never again after that? like: in 2017, we have the chests drop items from 2016 and 2017, but in 2018 the 2016 items are cycled out in favor of having the 2017 and the new 2018 items occupy the chest drops.

what is the problem with that? to me it seems like such an easy fix: more items available to find in the AH for future players, but not so much that us older players are ripping our hairs out after the hundredth conjurer's hat! and it helps to alleviate the abysmal state that is the flight rising economy. like seriously. i remember in 2016 when the NotN fams were going for 50 gems (give or take) a piece, now you're lucky to even get 5 gems for any of the NEW familiars. like what the heck??

what makes this even worse is that the staff were very adamant on their decision to not keep around the scrolls of scattersight. fine, that makes it more difficult to get, go for it. but the 2016 NotN familiars, that can only be used once by each person on the site are still around???

i'm really not trying to be mean to anyone here, players or staff, but this whole situation just makes me so frustrated, and nothing seems to have been done to remedy it since last year; i'd venture to say it's only gotten worse. if you can cycle the elemental holiday items, you can cycle the NotN items.
long rant is long, sorry :/ but i have a lot of thoughts

i wouldn't be too upset with the poor chest drop rates (i do believe they're horrible this year) if the staff would consider cycling out at least the familiars from the first year. they're clogging up my hoard and, as they're worth next to nothing, i've resorted to just throwing them away straight from my hoard, no use in setting up an auction :/ don't even get me started on the fact that the only option for the apparel is to auction it (bad bad bad decision, please change that staff).

i feel like there was enough of the familiars/apparel after the first year alone to have a sufficient amount circulating in the auction house for new and old players. i know i had at least three of each thing after the first event. sure, there wouldn't have been enough for every new player who would ever join FR to have one, but why is that a bad thing? i can't understand why there can't be a reward for being an older player to the site in this, as almost every other item is possible for new and old players to get. it's so frustrating that almost nothing on this site has worth longer than a month after it's release because they're just always available.

it's getting a little ridiculous. last year was pushing it with the abundance of familiars and apparel, but this year it's just awful. if there's really such a big uproar over new players not being able to get the older items if they're changed every year (which, again, there really shouldn't be) then why not cycle through every two years? so the previous year's drops are always accessible the following year, but never again after that? like: in 2017, we have the chests drop items from 2016 and 2017, but in 2018 the 2016 items are cycled out in favor of having the 2017 and the new 2018 items occupy the chest drops.

what is the problem with that? to me it seems like such an easy fix: more items available to find in the AH for future players, but not so much that us older players are ripping our hairs out after the hundredth conjurer's hat! and it helps to alleviate the abysmal state that is the flight rising economy. like seriously. i remember in 2016 when the NotN fams were going for 50 gems (give or take) a piece, now you're lucky to even get 5 gems for any of the NEW familiars. like what the heck??

what makes this even worse is that the staff were very adamant on their decision to not keep around the scrolls of scattersight. fine, that makes it more difficult to get, go for it. but the 2016 NotN familiars, that can only be used once by each person on the site are still around???

i'm really not trying to be mean to anyone here, players or staff, but this whole situation just makes me so frustrated, and nothing seems to have been done to remedy it since last year; i'd venture to say it's only gotten worse. if you can cycle the elemental holiday items, you can cycle the NotN items.
VCfSZFe.png x
x

hello! don't be afraid to
talk to me, i'm friendly!

> my wishlist
> hatchery
> skin/accent shop
This is my first Notn. And I love it! It's definitely something to look forward to. XD
This is my first Notn. And I love it! It's definitely something to look forward to. XD
cauldrontext2.png
I’m loving this event except for one thing: I wish we could hoard sell the apparel. I’ve never been a fan of it and I don’t feel like listing it all in the AH. I’d love to be able to purge it straight from my inventory.
I’m loving this event except for one thing: I wish we could hoard sell the apparel. I’ve never been a fan of it and I don’t feel like listing it all in the AH. I’d love to be able to purge it straight from my inventory.
The event was successful for me, since now I have 1 smirch, more familiars (new and old), more food, some apparel, and collected 2 (unhatched) eggs so far (and to add on, 8 unopened chests as of this post). I don't know if this is just me, but I sometimes get chests in the Coliseum while I'm leveling dragons. For the stuff I don't want, I could get rid of it by putting it on the AH and earning some money from that or by transmuting them (and selling the transmutations on the AH).

Still going for more chests, regardless of what I get. If I like it and don't have it OR I have it and like it, I keep. Otherwise, sell on the AH for money or transmute them. Simple for me with no complaining. My first Night of the Nocturne event, really.
The event was successful for me, since now I have 1 smirch, more familiars (new and old), more food, some apparel, and collected 2 (unhatched) eggs so far (and to add on, 8 unopened chests as of this post). I don't know if this is just me, but I sometimes get chests in the Coliseum while I'm leveling dragons. For the stuff I don't want, I could get rid of it by putting it on the AH and earning some money from that or by transmuting them (and selling the transmutations on the AH).

Still going for more chests, regardless of what I get. If I like it and don't have it OR I have it and like it, I keep. Otherwise, sell on the AH for money or transmute them. Simple for me with no complaining. My first Night of the Nocturne event, really.
mDIoUeW.png
Pyercé | they/them
mini gap links TBA
Why do I even look forward to festivals! UGH!!
Why do I even look forward to festivals! UGH!!
NWaVGQJ.png
Yay

So man nocturnes so many gens to buy
Yay

So man nocturnes so many gens to buy
@Selyne

Agree wholeheartedly. The drops are abysmal and I'm not sure how much more jester apparel I can take.

I was lucky enough to get some good things at the beginning before they obviously lowered the drop rates. But now it's just gotten to the point where I just traded in a noc egg for the rest of the new familiars, since I wasn't getting any new drops.

This notn has been a failure, on my end.
@Selyne

Agree wholeheartedly. The drops are abysmal and I'm not sure how much more jester apparel I can take.

I was lucky enough to get some good things at the beginning before they obviously lowered the drop rates. But now it's just gotten to the point where I just traded in a noc egg for the rest of the new familiars, since I wasn't getting any new drops.

This notn has been a failure, on my end.
tumblr_p9ez19SaUs1u2pujao1_500.gif
@Selyne They did cycle out the first year's familiars. It was bears. The mimic chests, however, are a staple, so I disagree.

Separately, i do have to point out, i joined right before the first notn.....so this is the fourth celebration, not the fifth....
@Selyne They did cycle out the first year's familiars. It was bears. The mimic chests, however, are a staple, so I disagree.

Separately, i do have to point out, i joined right before the first notn.....so this is the fourth celebration, not the fifth....
006_zpsrfdzdtqz.png
@Selyne

I absolutely agree with everything you said.
Honestly I think chest drops were dependant on the days. I thought they were awful. But then I got to wandering... The rates kept them at 20g. Which allowed me to get a ton of gem items I needed. And I got enough to get the familiars at least 2 of each.

But I agree with the previous years familiars. They arent worth anything being cycled through every single year. Maybe cycle every 2 like you said. Or put them in Joxar's shop. But every year drives the market down.

I've had so much trouble on this site getting currency. I can't use the fairgrounds because I'm on mobile. And dragons are worth next to nothing if you aren't an established hatchery. Even Gen ones plummeted to less than fodder value.

@TunaNoodle

Eggs are worth 200x the Gen ones. So I just traded all my noc eggs for an opal gene. Not worth hatching when I've got dragons to gene. So hard to get currency when everyone owns everything.

I honestly believe that the event wasn't the greatest. It needs more management. But I do like it. My only real problem is that the items in the event are easy to get. So if you missed it this year, people can rely on getting it next year instead of buying it. So it doesn't stimulate the economy and it devalues everything in the event. Which is why the familiars are barely worth a couple of gems.
@Selyne

I absolutely agree with everything you said.
Honestly I think chest drops were dependant on the days. I thought they were awful. But then I got to wandering... The rates kept them at 20g. Which allowed me to get a ton of gem items I needed. And I got enough to get the familiars at least 2 of each.

But I agree with the previous years familiars. They arent worth anything being cycled through every single year. Maybe cycle every 2 like you said. Or put them in Joxar's shop. But every year drives the market down.

I've had so much trouble on this site getting currency. I can't use the fairgrounds because I'm on mobile. And dragons are worth next to nothing if you aren't an established hatchery. Even Gen ones plummeted to less than fodder value.

@TunaNoodle

Eggs are worth 200x the Gen ones. So I just traded all my noc eggs for an opal gene. Not worth hatching when I've got dragons to gene. So hard to get currency when everyone owns everything.

I honestly believe that the event wasn't the greatest. It needs more management. But I do like it. My only real problem is that the items in the event are easy to get. So if you missed it this year, people can rely on getting it next year instead of buying it. So it doesn't stimulate the economy and it devalues everything in the event. Which is why the familiars are barely worth a couple of gems.
1 2 ... 75 76 77 78 79 ... 88 89