Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1-on-1 @Zaerdra
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Lumi was confused when the spiral didn't answer, but she and the rest of her group all piled in underneath. Before she went in, however, she was sure to turn to the mysterious dragon that had swept her into the sky.

"Thank you for helping us find our friends. My name is Lumi."

perspective switch

Star glanced at Imagination with some guilt when they went back in the vine-shelter before briefly turning to Cadfael. The imperial gazed at both of them with a look filled with a strange mixture of emotions.

"Why must you insist on doing things where I'm apart from you two?" He huffed at the spiral since it'd originally been his idea. Anyone who knew the imperial well would have known he'd been scared, but all Star detected was agitation.

"I-i'm really sorry..."

Cadfael turned away. "Whatever. One would think that since you're an oracle, you'd be able to sense these things." He turned towards the other spiral, his tone now slightly politer. "Where exactly did the both of you go, anyways?"
Lumi was confused when the spiral didn't answer, but she and the rest of her group all piled in underneath. Before she went in, however, she was sure to turn to the mysterious dragon that had swept her into the sky.

"Thank you for helping us find our friends. My name is Lumi."

perspective switch

Star glanced at Imagination with some guilt when they went back in the vine-shelter before briefly turning to Cadfael. The imperial gazed at both of them with a look filled with a strange mixture of emotions.

"Why must you insist on doing things where I'm apart from you two?" He huffed at the spiral since it'd originally been his idea. Anyone who knew the imperial well would have known he'd been scared, but all Star detected was agitation.

"I-i'm really sorry..."

Cadfael turned away. "Whatever. One would think that since you're an oracle, you'd be able to sense these things." He turned towards the other spiral, his tone now slightly politer. "Where exactly did the both of you go, anyways?"
The Skydancer filed in behind them in silence, sitting down and then acting as still as a statue.

Imagination turned to Cadfael with a mildly irritated expression at how he'd spoken to Star, but didn't say anything about it. "After we finished hunting, we got caught in the rain and were trapped in a cave by some boulders. We . . . lost our prey in the dark," he said, which was partially true for the last turkey but certainly not for the one Star had thrown up. Where the egg had gone would be a mystery until the end of time.

The Skydancer noted that he didn't mention the other Spiral's fit. They had some sort of connection.
The Skydancer filed in behind them in silence, sitting down and then acting as still as a statue.

Imagination turned to Cadfael with a mildly irritated expression at how he'd spoken to Star, but didn't say anything about it. "After we finished hunting, we got caught in the rain and were trapped in a cave by some boulders. We . . . lost our prey in the dark," he said, which was partially true for the last turkey but certainly not for the one Star had thrown up. Where the egg had gone would be a mystery until the end of time.

The Skydancer noted that he didn't mention the other Spiral's fit. They had some sort of connection.
Mourn / She/Her / Minor
Pings welcome!
I don't accept random friend requests.
Please don't call my dragons petnames. Call yours whatever you want, but it makes me really uncomfortable. Thank you.
Cadfael only gave a soft grunt in acknowledgment of the story, seemingly appeased the time being. He seemed to not have much else to stay, but instead fixed both of the spirals with a hard, disapproving look.

"Well, I guess technically you two won the competition, huh?" Lumi piped up merrily. "We didn't get to catch anything before the rain started."

"Yeah sure..." Star replied absently, but he was much more preoccupied with trying to understand Imagination. For whatever reason Imagination decided to not rat me out, I'm glad. That may have been the end of me being the colony oracle. Is this....is this friendship? He tilted his head curiously, unsure if the other spiral noticed him observing him or not. Anyways...I wonder whatever happened to that egg.

Awhile Star was mulling this over, Cadfael gave a hard sigh. "I suppose we should just stay in here for the night, eh?"
Cadfael only gave a soft grunt in acknowledgment of the story, seemingly appeased the time being. He seemed to not have much else to stay, but instead fixed both of the spirals with a hard, disapproving look.

"Well, I guess technically you two won the competition, huh?" Lumi piped up merrily. "We didn't get to catch anything before the rain started."

"Yeah sure..." Star replied absently, but he was much more preoccupied with trying to understand Imagination. For whatever reason Imagination decided to not rat me out, I'm glad. That may have been the end of me being the colony oracle. Is this....is this friendship? He tilted his head curiously, unsure if the other spiral noticed him observing him or not. Anyways...I wonder whatever happened to that egg.

Awhile Star was mulling this over, Cadfael gave a hard sigh. "I suppose we should just stay in here for the night, eh?"
"I guess," Imagination replied absently, though he realized he couldn't just go back to the burrow; it'd be flooded in a storm like this.

The Skydancer raised his eyebrow at Star as he continued to stare at Imagination before shrugging it off to think about later. He stood up and shook his fur, flinging water droplets on everyone. That should get their attention.

"I'm assuming there's not only four of you either. How big is your clan?"

"I'm not sure, they might've gotten new members. They're on the edge of the Shrieking W--"

"I'll find them," said the Skydancer, vanishing before Imagination even finished his sentence.

"I certainly hope he doesn't plan on trying to fly around with Snowfall in his claws . ." Imagination mumbled.
"I guess," Imagination replied absently, though he realized he couldn't just go back to the burrow; it'd be flooded in a storm like this.

The Skydancer raised his eyebrow at Star as he continued to stare at Imagination before shrugging it off to think about later. He stood up and shook his fur, flinging water droplets on everyone. That should get their attention.

"I'm assuming there's not only four of you either. How big is your clan?"

"I'm not sure, they might've gotten new members. They're on the edge of the Shrieking W--"

"I'll find them," said the Skydancer, vanishing before Imagination even finished his sentence.

"I certainly hope he doesn't plan on trying to fly around with Snowfall in his claws . ." Imagination mumbled.
Mourn / She/Her / Minor
Pings welcome!
Please don't call my dragons petnames. Call yours whatever you want, but it makes me really uncomfortable. Thank you.
Star snorted, trying to imagine the skydancer bringing back all of Imagination's clan mates, one-by-one. "I wonder what exactly he plans on doing," he said to Imagination out of curiosity.

Idek when to do this anymore

Cadfael quickly made himself at home in their little terrestrial hideaway, digging out a small pit in the dirt that he could curl up in. He rested his entire face on his claws and closed his eyes, though it was obvious he was still listening by the ear flicks he gave from time to time.

Lumi sat next to him, a worried look appearing in her eyes. This has to have been the least successful recruiting mission we've been on. I'm supposed to be leading, but I've just been letting both of them get into trouble.

Star snorted, trying to imagine the skydancer bringing back all of Imagination's clan mates, one-by-one. "I wonder what exactly he plans on doing," he said to Imagination out of curiosity.

Idek when to do this anymore

Cadfael quickly made himself at home in their little terrestrial hideaway, digging out a small pit in the dirt that he could curl up in. He rested his entire face on his claws and closed his eyes, though it was obvious he was still listening by the ear flicks he gave from time to time.

Lumi sat next to him, a worried look appearing in her eyes. This has to have been the least successful recruiting mission we've been on. I'm supposed to be leading, but I've just been letting both of them get into trouble.

Imagination just shrugged in response before digging his claws into the tree trunk. "Why don't we see what the branches are like?" he asked, gesturing to Star, and then starting to climb up before he could answer.
Imagination just shrugged in response before digging his claws into the tree trunk. "Why don't we see what the branches are like?" he asked, gesturing to Star, and then starting to climb up before he could answer.
Mourn / She/Her / Minor
Pings welcome!
Star felt like going up higher into the tree would be a lot more comfortable, so he decided to scramble up after his new companion. He glanced towards Lumi to see if she wanted to come up to, but she seemed lost in her thoughts and he decided to leave her alone. "I'm r-right behind you!" he called and climbed up after Imagination.
Star felt like going up higher into the tree would be a lot more comfortable, so he decided to scramble up after his new companion. He glanced towards Lumi to see if she wanted to come up to, but she seemed lost in her thoughts and he decided to leave her alone. "I'm r-right behind you!" he called and climbed up after Imagination.
He climbed up a little more than halfway, where he could see through the leaves but hopefully not be drenched. The branches were mostly skinny, and it took him a while to find one thick enough for him to perch on.

He looked out at the rain. It was . . . gray. Very gray. How had it been so sunny earlier?

Either way, it looked nice to him.

The Skydancer realized he had made a mistake. Or a few mistakes.

The Skydancer had not asked which edge of the Shrieking Wilds their clan was on.

Nor had the Skydancer planned on how he was going to help them by going to their clan without them.

Nor had the Skydancer considered that he would be flying in the middle of a storm.

He'd already nearly been hit by lightning twice, and had only barely maneuvered out of the way. It had started thundering. VERY loudly. It was a bit headache inducing, actually.

Maybe he should've just rested under the tree with the others.

But no. Now the decision had been made, and he had to follow through with it.
He climbed up a little more than halfway, where he could see through the leaves but hopefully not be drenched. The branches were mostly skinny, and it took him a while to find one thick enough for him to perch on.

He looked out at the rain. It was . . . gray. Very gray. How had it been so sunny earlier?

Either way, it looked nice to him.

The Skydancer realized he had made a mistake. Or a few mistakes.

The Skydancer had not asked which edge of the Shrieking Wilds their clan was on.

Nor had the Skydancer planned on how he was going to help them by going to their clan without them.

Nor had the Skydancer considered that he would be flying in the middle of a storm.

He'd already nearly been hit by lightning twice, and had only barely maneuvered out of the way. It had started thundering. VERY loudly. It was a bit headache inducing, actually.

Maybe he should've just rested under the tree with the others.

But no. Now the decision had been made, and he had to follow through with it.
Mourn / She/Her / Minor
Pings welcome!
Star climbed up so that he could sit on the branch next to imagination, taking in the dreary, grey sky. It had actually been quite a while since he'd left the light region and experienced extreme weather like this. "I hope the sun returns soon," he commented idly, taking in the humid, dreary atmosphere.
Star climbed up so that he could sit on the branch next to imagination, taking in the dreary, grey sky. It had actually been quite a while since he'd left the light region and experienced extreme weather like this. "I hope the sun returns soon," he commented idly, taking in the humid, dreary atmosphere.
"The sun is hot. And bright." He looked around at the cloudy sky. "Don't you ever get tired of it?"
"The sun is hot. And bright." He looked around at the cloudy sky. "Don't you ever get tired of it?"
Mourn / She/Her / Minor
Pings welcome!
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15