Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | About the Hibernation/Storage Feature
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="hat17" date="2018-06-14 14:39:19" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-06-14 12:21:10" ] (perhaps they could price based off of the next expansion users have for their lair, so if your next expansion costs 250,000, then that is what expanding the storage would cost) [/quote] Then why don't I expand my usual lair instead? And would that mean if I don't expand my lair that I can have multiple expansion of hibernation space for 250,000 only? I like what Dragonsage suggested, that the amount of hibernation spaces one can have is related to how big one's normal lair is. As in their example, every 5 lair space gives you 1 hibernation slot to buy. It solves the problem of not wanting to expand normally or bypass the treasure sink for normal lair expansion. As for breeding cooldown or exalt cooldown, I was never strongly leaning towards one or another. I guess that means neither breeding nor exalting play a big part in my gameplay. LOL. [/quote] Yeah, that was just something I threw out, not really that fond of it myself. That would work if expanding the lair gives you one space for free I assume, but what happens when you max out your lair? is there any way to get more hibernation slots? Also, breeding and exalting isn't a huge part of my game play either, but I can see how much less useful this would be if there were cooldowns for more than putting dragons in the feature (I would even be okay with a cooldown to remove a dragon, say you put a dragon in, and you have to wait X days before you can remove it, and then once you remove it, you have to wait X days before it can go back again).
hat17 wrote on 2018-06-14 14:39:19:
Jemadar wrote on 2018-06-14 12:21:10:
(perhaps they could price based off of the next expansion users have for their lair, so if your next expansion costs 250,000, then that is what expanding the storage would cost)

Then why don't I expand my usual lair instead? And would that mean if I don't expand my lair that I can have multiple expansion of hibernation space for 250,000 only?

I like what Dragonsage suggested, that the amount of hibernation spaces one can have is related to how big one's normal lair is. As in their example, every 5 lair space gives you 1 hibernation slot to buy. It solves the problem of not wanting to expand normally or bypass the treasure sink for normal lair expansion.

As for breeding cooldown or exalt cooldown, I was never strongly leaning towards one or another. I guess that means neither breeding nor exalting play a big part in my gameplay. LOL.
Yeah, that was just something I threw out, not really that fond of it myself.

That would work if expanding the lair gives you one space for free I assume, but what happens when you max out your lair? is there any way to get more hibernation slots?

Also, breeding and exalting isn't a huge part of my game play either, but I can see how much less useful this would be if there were cooldowns for more than putting dragons in the feature (I would even be okay with a cooldown to remove a dragon, say you put a dragon in, and you have to wait X days before you can remove it, and then once you remove it, you have to wait X days before it can go back again).

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
It depends on how many hibernation slots they plan to give, and if they will set a hard cap to it or not. We all agree at this point that infinite slots is a likely not to be happening so it'll depend on how many they plan to release, and incorperate that into how it's affected by lair size. What dragonsage said was just an example of how it can be done, but not necessarily with that ratio.
It depends on how many hibernation slots they plan to give, and if they will set a hard cap to it or not. We all agree at this point that infinite slots is a likely not to be happening so it'll depend on how many they plan to release, and incorperate that into how it's affected by lair size. What dragonsage said was just an example of how it can be done, but not necessarily with that ratio.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
Is there an ETA on this at all?
Is there an ETA on this at all?
@Talihawk Staff doesn't give ETAs. Also, you're on Suggestions. This question would be better suited for Help.
@Talihawk Staff doesn't give ETAs. Also, you're on Suggestions. This question would be better suited for Help.
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
restrictions i support:

-pay-to-expand like the lair but per space instead of per row

-freeze or reset breeding cooldown

-have to wait x days b4 taking a derg out of hibernation
-if u take a derg out of hibernation u have to wait x days b4 putting it back in
this wait is shorter than the amount of time required to take a derg out of hibernation

-only allowed interactions with hibernating derg is taking out of hibernation, editing bio, and dressing up
restrictions i support:

-pay-to-expand like the lair but per space instead of per row

-freeze or reset breeding cooldown

-have to wait x days b4 taking a derg out of hibernation
-if u take a derg out of hibernation u have to wait x days b4 putting it back in
this wait is shorter than the amount of time required to take a derg out of hibernation

-only allowed interactions with hibernating derg is taking out of hibernation, editing bio, and dressing up
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
[quote name="monkfishlover" date="2018-12-28 18:46:00" ] -only allowed interactions with hibernating derg is taking out of hibernation, editing bio, and dressing up [/quote] While I agree with all your other points (or at least not objecting), if you read the public notice a few months back about their plan on hibernation den, you'll see that the staff already made a decision on this last point - the dragons in hibernal den will not be able to breed/coli/trade/familiar-bonding, but will be able to edit apparels/skins/bio. They may enter the den with a familiar attached but that familiar will not be able to bond or changed. So, I guess they intend this hibernal den to be more useful than we initially feared. :)
monkfishlover wrote on 2018-12-28 18:46:00:
While I agree with all your other points (or at least not objecting), if you read the public notice a few months back about their plan on hibernation den, you'll see that the staff already made a decision on this last point - the dragons in hibernal den will not be able to breed/coli/trade/familiar-bonding, but will be able to edit apparels/skins/bio. They may enter the den with a familiar attached but that familiar will not be able to bond or changed. So, I guess they intend this hibernal den to be more useful than we initially feared. :)
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
My goal for my Hibernal Den is to put my permas in to be lovely and tell the story of our clan. I will keep my Coli dragons and breeding pairs in my lair and keep chugging along as always. I am not sure what everyone is in such a fuss about.

Based on the history of how things have been implemented we will be given a small number of spaces and have to pay to expand. If I pay for spaces I should be able to use them how I want.

I don't even see how cool downs matter... is it going to hurt someone if I pull a pair out and pop them on a nest just for giggles? Am I missing some way this could hurt the economy or make it unfair in some way? Have them come out hungry and have to feed them or something. Because really if I have to fill a form out in triplicate and wait for generated approval to remove a dragon it is highly unlikely I would buy much space. I am a fickle creature.

Meh, it will arrive people will be happy and people will be upset... time will pass and we will all move on with it however it is. I just want to have my residents in their happy little place where I don't have to fuss with them in my lists.
My goal for my Hibernal Den is to put my permas in to be lovely and tell the story of our clan. I will keep my Coli dragons and breeding pairs in my lair and keep chugging along as always. I am not sure what everyone is in such a fuss about.

Based on the history of how things have been implemented we will be given a small number of spaces and have to pay to expand. If I pay for spaces I should be able to use them how I want.

I don't even see how cool downs matter... is it going to hurt someone if I pull a pair out and pop them on a nest just for giggles? Am I missing some way this could hurt the economy or make it unfair in some way? Have them come out hungry and have to feed them or something. Because really if I have to fill a form out in triplicate and wait for generated approval to remove a dragon it is highly unlikely I would buy much space. I am a fickle creature.

Meh, it will arrive people will be happy and people will be upset... time will pass and we will all move on with it however it is. I just want to have my residents in their happy little place where I don't have to fuss with them in my lists.
Stuff will one day go here.
Yeah honestly I really can't support heaping all kinds of complicated penalties onto a feature like this, especially when we're still not sure of all its limitations and restrictions. It's honestly bad enough the hibernation cooldown is already supposedly going to follow dragons across lairs. :\
Yeah honestly I really can't support heaping all kinds of complicated penalties onto a feature like this, especially when we're still not sure of all its limitations and restrictions. It's honestly bad enough the hibernation cooldown is already supposedly going to follow dragons across lairs. :\
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
[raises hand slowly] Considering the oversaturation of the dragon market, I can't honestly understand why it'd be such a big deal if more dragons were exalted in higher numbers.

That said, I think y'all are making some really big assumptions on just how many people would use the hibernation storage as a fodder mill. I suspect 99% of users would just use it as it's "intended" to be used, and all these doom predictions you're making about people stuffing all their permas into hibernation and then mass buying fodder and exalting are not only jumping the gun but wildly exaggerated, at least in terms of scale and effect. Considering how many dragons are coming into the system and how few are actually being removed, I think a couple mass buy and exalts might actually be good for the market, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up not having much effect either. Much the way intense dom battles raise the floor for prices shortly, then drop back down to nearly nothing once they're over.

Also, I don't see a reason we need to penalize people for wanting to make a profit as long as they're not genuinely breaking rules or exploiting site bugs? Restrictions are one thing, and reasonable restrictions are fine. But convoluted, complicated restrictions and penalties solely for the purpose of preventing people making money by using a feature in a specific way is just ridiculous.
[raises hand slowly] Considering the oversaturation of the dragon market, I can't honestly understand why it'd be such a big deal if more dragons were exalted in higher numbers.

That said, I think y'all are making some really big assumptions on just how many people would use the hibernation storage as a fodder mill. I suspect 99% of users would just use it as it's "intended" to be used, and all these doom predictions you're making about people stuffing all their permas into hibernation and then mass buying fodder and exalting are not only jumping the gun but wildly exaggerated, at least in terms of scale and effect. Considering how many dragons are coming into the system and how few are actually being removed, I think a couple mass buy and exalts might actually be good for the market, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up not having much effect either. Much the way intense dom battles raise the floor for prices shortly, then drop back down to nearly nothing once they're over.

Also, I don't see a reason we need to penalize people for wanting to make a profit as long as they're not genuinely breaking rules or exploiting site bugs? Restrictions are one thing, and reasonable restrictions are fine. But convoluted, complicated restrictions and penalties solely for the purpose of preventing people making money by using a feature in a specific way is just ridiculous.
unknown.png
Coli Grinding Services
Current goal: ???: ???/??? saved (0/1 obtained)
[quote name="bakurabox" date="2018-12-29 11:23:47" ] [raises hand slowly] Considering the oversaturation of the dragon market, I can't honestly understand why it'd be such a big deal if more dragons were exalted in higher numbers. That said, I think y'all are making some really big assumptions on just how many people would use the hibernation storage as a fodder mill. I suspect 99% of users would just use it as it's "intended" to be used, and all these doom predictions you're making about people stuffing all their permas into hibernation and then mass buying fodder and exalting are not only jumping the gun but wildly exaggerated, at least in terms of scale and effect. Considering how many dragons are coming into the system and how few are actually being removed, I think a couple mass buy and exalts might actually be good for the market, but I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up not having much effect either. Much the way intense dom battles raise the floor for prices shortly, then drop back down to nearly nothing once they're over. Also, I don't see a reason we need to penalize people for wanting to make a profit as long as they're not genuinely breaking rules or exploiting site bugs? Restrictions are one thing, and reasonable restrictions are fine. But convoluted, complicated restrictions and penalties solely for the purpose of preventing people making money by using a feature in a specific way is just ridiculous. [/quote] Honestly, this is how I feel (and I think I mentioned it on one of these types of threads). Restrictions so that the hibernal den isn't Lair 2.0 (ie a way to bypass expensive lair expansions) is fine, but some of the ideas for restrictions would basically be punishing players for using the mechanic. Also, as mentioned, why would it be a bad thing for users to be able to buy and exalt more fodder? That is something anyone with the basic amount of money can do, thus anyone can get rich doing it. It also clears out excess fodder from the market.
bakurabox wrote on 2018-12-29 11:23:47:

Honestly, this is how I feel (and I think I mentioned it on one of these types of threads).

Restrictions so that the hibernal den isn't Lair 2.0 (ie a way to bypass expensive lair expansions) is fine, but some of the ideas for restrictions would basically be punishing players for using the mechanic.

Also, as mentioned, why would it be a bad thing for users to be able to buy and exalt more fodder? That is something anyone with the basic amount of money can do, thus anyone can get rich doing it. It also clears out excess fodder from the market.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
1 2 3 4 5