Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make scattersights avaliable in the Mp
1 2
Listen, I'll be real with you, the eye feature was introduced in the worst way a petsite could do it, and I'm still kinda mad about it (even though I don't play anymore).

This would make the sacttersight avaliable just like the scatterscroll, granting everyone the chance to get new eyes for their dragons.

This isnt a suggestion fighting against ss coming back in events, I like that idea too, but i just feel the eyes are too rng like for them to only appear once a year, with the odds being very bad for anything thats not the common (at least the scatterscroll doesnt have different odds for colors)

Idk about pricing, yall can discuss that tho
Listen, I'll be real with you, the eye feature was introduced in the worst way a petsite could do it, and I'm still kinda mad about it (even though I don't play anymore).

This would make the sacttersight avaliable just like the scatterscroll, granting everyone the chance to get new eyes for their dragons.

This isnt a suggestion fighting against ss coming back in events, I like that idea too, but i just feel the eyes are too rng like for them to only appear once a year, with the odds being very bad for anything thats not the common (at least the scatterscroll doesnt have different odds for colors)

Idk about pricing, yall can discuss that tho
That would have been a good idea to announce when the item was originally released, but now that staff made their bed about them being retired, the only way that would make sense to rerelease them is via Roundsey

That would have been a good idea to announce when the item was originally released, but now that staff made their bed about them being retired, the only way that would make sense to rerelease them is via Roundsey

they could admit it was a mistake to retire them and still toss them in the mp tho
they could admit it was a mistake to retire them and still toss them in the mp tho
DVcXRyP.png
I feel like putting them in the MP would allow too many to flood the AH. Those who already spent a good bit buying them off of the AH would be pretty upset.

No support- I feel like putting them in the MP is a bad idea. The only thing I could support is to have them be a cycling item for the coli duirng an event of some sort (such as the new seasonal mini events!)

Otherwise the rarity would drop drastically and really a lot of people would have lost a lot of treasure or gems for nothing. Or make them a rare coli drop (maybe a bit more common than eggs) to keep the rarity.

MP... I can't get behind.
I feel like putting them in the MP would allow too many to flood the AH. Those who already spent a good bit buying them off of the AH would be pretty upset.

No support- I feel like putting them in the MP is a bad idea. The only thing I could support is to have them be a cycling item for the coli duirng an event of some sort (such as the new seasonal mini events!)

Otherwise the rarity would drop drastically and really a lot of people would have lost a lot of treasure or gems for nothing. Or make them a rare coli drop (maybe a bit more common than eggs) to keep the rarity.

MP... I can't get behind.
52234740674_590132cdb4_o.pngx > art shop
> toyhouse
> gen1 sales
uwu
> FR +3
> closing manager
> gen1
collector
uwuHandleAnimal.png
99WsXaL.gif
This is one of the few solutions I don't support. MP is to open and would not respect the limited aspect of the Vials. I'd prefer they come back yearly during the Anniversary, regularly back in Roundsey, or other such chance related things.

(That being said, I care significantly less about the vials now. I really only care about the pre-existing art change which came with them.)
This is one of the few solutions I don't support. MP is to open and would not respect the limited aspect of the Vials. I'd prefer they come back yearly during the Anniversary, regularly back in Roundsey, or other such chance related things.

(That being said, I care significantly less about the vials now. I really only care about the pre-existing art change which came with them.)
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
Support for coming back in festivals (like NoN) but not being too common for them, or a very rare drop in the coli
Support for coming back in festivals (like NoN) but not being too common for them, or a very rare drop in the coli
Dragons with lore up for adoption
I would support a vial alternative being released in the MP. Personally, I like the idea of specialized eye vials for the Big Three and more common vials that scatter Common, uncommon, unusual and rare. I'd be ok if the latter were available in the MP.

(some credit to TehuMerrt, some to gemajgall.)
I would support a vial alternative being released in the MP. Personally, I like the idea of specialized eye vials for the Big Three and more common vials that scatter Common, uncommon, unusual and rare. I'd be ok if the latter were available in the MP.

(some credit to TehuMerrt, some to gemajgall.)
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
[quote name="@CryLikeAWolf" date="2018-12-21 10:17:36" ] I feel like putting them in the MP would allow too many to flood the AH. Those who already spent a good bit buying them off of the AH would be pretty upset. [/quote] I'll be real, you gotta accept that items you invest into can 100% tank in value. I dont like the idea that things should never change because some people dont want to lose (which will never affect you in the long run) I've had things i specialized (is that the word. God im so bad at english) in selling become worthless and its not that bad. Just get over the loss and find something else. Scattersights shouldnt be as rare as they are when its about something totally uncontrolable. At least you can narrow colors, pick breeding pairs, theres no real need for the scatterscroll unless its forn gen1s, a very niche part of the game, yet theyre still up there for everyone. The eyes can happen to anyone without you wanting it, not only that, but its the only way to get them in dragons before the update
@CryLikeAWolf wrote on 2018-12-21 10:17:36:

I'll be real, you gotta accept that items you invest into can 100% tank in value. I dont like the idea that things should never change because some people dont want to lose (which will never affect you in the long run)

I've had things i specialized (is that the word. God im so bad at english) in selling become worthless and its not that bad. Just get over the loss and find something else.

Scattersights shouldnt be as rare as they are when its about something totally uncontrolable. At least you can narrow colors, pick breeding pairs, theres no real need for the scatterscroll unless its forn gen1s, a very niche part of the game, yet theyre still up there for everyone. The eyes can happen to anyone without you wanting it, not only that, but its the only way to get them in dragons before the update
[quote name="@Kawaru" date="2018-12-21 14:23:11" ] [quote name="CryLikeAWolf" date="2018-12-21 10:17:36" ] I feel like putting them in the MP would allow too many to flood the AH. Those who already spent a good bit buying them off of the AH would be pretty upset. [/quote] I'll be real, you gotta accept that items you invest into can 100% tank in value. I dont like the idea that things should never change because some people dont want to lose (which will never affect you in the long run) I've had things i specialized (is that the word. God im so bad at english) in selling become worthless and its not that bad. Just get over the loss and find something else. Scattersights shouldnt be as rare as they are when its about something totally uncontrolable. At least you can narrow colors, pick breeding pairs, theres no real need for the scatterscroll unless its forn gen1s, a very niche part of the game, yet theyre still up there for everyone. The eyes can happen to anyone without you wanting it, not only that, but its the only way to get them in dragons before the update [/quote] I’m not saying it like that. I’m more meaning that a “retired” item coming back in an unlimited, easily purchasable way isn’t smart. People only spend the money because they expected them to either be extremely rare or stay retired, I know I would be upset if I was told that and the staff then decided to make the item so easily accessible. Yes, prices change, for one reason or another, but here especially there are multiple, more fair ways to implement this for everyone. Why would we make it a MP item when instead we could keep it a coli drop as it was intended to be? Not retired, but rare... which was the main point for the staff. My point wasn’t that prices shouldn’t change.
@Kawaru wrote on 2018-12-21 14:23:11:
CryLikeAWolf wrote on 2018-12-21 10:17:36:

I'll be real, you gotta accept that items you invest into can 100% tank in value. I dont like the idea that things should never change because some people dont want to lose (which will never affect you in the long run)

I've had things i specialized (is that the word. God im so bad at english) in selling become worthless and its not that bad. Just get over the loss and find something else.

Scattersights shouldnt be as rare as they are when its about something totally uncontrolable. At least you can narrow colors, pick breeding pairs, theres no real need for the scatterscroll unless its forn gen1s, a very niche part of the game, yet theyre still up there for everyone. The eyes can happen to anyone without you wanting it, not only that, but its the only way to get them in dragons before the update

I’m not saying it like that. I’m more meaning that a “retired” item coming back in an unlimited, easily purchasable way isn’t smart. People only spend the money because they expected them to either be extremely rare or stay retired, I know I would be upset if I was told that and the staff then decided to make the item so easily accessible.
Yes, prices change, for one reason or another, but here especially there are multiple, more fair ways to implement this for everyone. Why would we make it a MP item when instead we could keep it a coli drop as it was intended to be? Not retired, but rare... which was the main point for the staff.
My point wasn’t that prices shouldn’t change.
52234740674_590132cdb4_o.pngx > art shop
> toyhouse
> gen1 sales
uwu
> FR +3
> closing manager
> gen1
collector
uwuHandleAnimal.png
99WsXaL.gif
Support. I've written essays on this topic before so I'm not going to here, but the current implementation of scatterscrolls is bad for many people, such as:

1. Gen 1 collectors, because hatching a good gen 1 wasn't already hard enough. Gene projects can be fun, gambling away a few million treasure for eyes isn't.

2. Old players. Sentimental, low ID, and special hatchdate dragons cannot be rebred, so making the new eyes available through breeding only, or a retired and quickly inflating consumable with low odds, doesn't help.

3. Future newbies. Want your progen to have special eyes? Haha, no.

4. People with breeding projects for specific eyes. Someone else did the math. Looks like I'm spending the next 6 years here breeding for a multi gaze imp with specific colours to match an OC of mine. That's longer than this site has existed.

5. People who want eyes outside of their own flight. I want a plague primal to represent one of my OCs, but I do not want to go through years of nest rental (risky and annoying), nor do I want to change flights (especially since I'm already locked into a Shadow breeding project for new eyes).

I support bringing the new eyes back in any way- the individual eye vial suggestion, unretiring the scatterscrolls, etc. Roundsey would be alright, but a lot of vials would have to be raffled since the odds are so low. 10 people winning 1 vial each is functionally useless, since you can burn through 10 vials and only get uncommon and unusual.
Support. I've written essays on this topic before so I'm not going to here, but the current implementation of scatterscrolls is bad for many people, such as:

1. Gen 1 collectors, because hatching a good gen 1 wasn't already hard enough. Gene projects can be fun, gambling away a few million treasure for eyes isn't.

2. Old players. Sentimental, low ID, and special hatchdate dragons cannot be rebred, so making the new eyes available through breeding only, or a retired and quickly inflating consumable with low odds, doesn't help.

3. Future newbies. Want your progen to have special eyes? Haha, no.

4. People with breeding projects for specific eyes. Someone else did the math. Looks like I'm spending the next 6 years here breeding for a multi gaze imp with specific colours to match an OC of mine. That's longer than this site has existed.

5. People who want eyes outside of their own flight. I want a plague primal to represent one of my OCs, but I do not want to go through years of nest rental (risky and annoying), nor do I want to change flights (especially since I'm already locked into a Shadow breeding project for new eyes).

I support bringing the new eyes back in any way- the individual eye vial suggestion, unretiring the scatterscrolls, etc. Roundsey would be alright, but a lot of vials would have to be raffled since the odds are so low. 10 people winning 1 vial each is functionally useless, since you can burn through 10 vials and only get uncommon and unusual.
jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2