Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Survey: Favorite Media (with prizes ;0)
1 2
Hey folks!! my friend is gathering some data for a class of theirs and would love it if you would participate!

You can either reply here, DM me, or if you'd like, reply directly to my friend's tweet. All data collected will be anonymously presented!

If you want to participate tell us your:
> Favorite book
> Favorite movie/tv show
+ Why they're your favorites!

Any genre counts. They will be taking responses through this week; reply here, send me a DM, or reply to them on twitter!

Now the best part!! If you participate, you get to pick a prize! Check the next post for what I've got for ya. First-come-first-serve!

If you reply off-site, ping me here and let me know what you'd like in return ;0 Thanks so much!!
Hey folks!! my friend is gathering some data for a class of theirs and would love it if you would participate!

You can either reply here, DM me, or if you'd like, reply directly to my friend's tweet. All data collected will be anonymously presented!

If you want to participate tell us your:
> Favorite book
> Favorite movie/tv show
+ Why they're your favorites!

Any genre counts. They will be taking responses through this week; reply here, send me a DM, or reply to them on twitter!

Now the best part!! If you participate, you get to pick a prize! Check the next post for what I've got for ya. First-come-first-serve!

If you reply off-site, ping me here and let me know what you'd like in return ;0 Thanks so much!!
jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

8yJJEur.pngVZGtQue.png8KQXC3X.pngL2fmqQ8.pngwC1KtX9.png6H6WBlh.png

Let me know what prize you'd like and it's yours! One per person, first-come-first-serve. [b]cash money[/b]: [size=2]limited supply[/size] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img]20,000t or [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_gems.png[/img]20g [item=all-seeing shroom] x10 [b]coli[/b]: [item=berserker] (3 available) [item=ambush] (5 available) [b]fodder[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45920201][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/459203/45920201.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45492679][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/454927/45492679.png[/img][/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45920200][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/459203/45920200.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46249103][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/462492/46249103.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46249105][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/462492/46249105.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46249110][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/462492/46249110.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46249111][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/462492/46249111.png[/img][/url] [size=2]+ more that will be adults tomorrow[/size] [b]familiars[/b]: [item=king parda] [item=living sculpture] [item=irradiated astronomer] [item=bucktooth digger] [item=magic mirror] [b]apparel[/b]: [size=2]if you're after something specific, ask? :'3 i have so much idk what the kids are into these days[/size] [item=pink daisy cabbie] [item=peacebringer's cowl] [item=venomscale greaves] [item=venomscale tail guard] [item=green and white flair scarf] [item=crimson silk veil] [item=sapphire feathered wings] [item=shadowscale shoulder guards] [item=ebony filigree banner] [item=gold filigree banner] [item=gold filigree tail guard] [item=scarlet wooly coat] [item=glowing orange clawtips] [item=crimson aviator scarf] [item=starry regard] [item=wiggly sight] [item=viper's wing fans] [item=nightglider's arctic boots] [item=buttercup lace collar] [item=buttercup lace anklet] [item=buttercup lace waist frill] [item=ranger's hat] [item=red healer's vestments]
Let me know what prize you'd like and it's yours! One per person, first-come-first-serve.

cash money:
limited supply
icon_treasure.png20,000t or icon_gems.png20g
All-Seeing Shroom x10

coli:
Berserker (3 available)
Ambush (5 available)

fodder:
45920201.png45492679.png 45920200.png46249103.png46249105.png46249110.png46249111.png
+ more that will be adults tomorrow

familiars:
King Parda Living Sculpture Irradiated Astronomer Bucktooth Digger Magic Mirror

apparel:
if you're after something specific, ask? :'3
i have so much idk what the kids are into these days

Pink Daisy Cabbie Peacebringer's Cowl Venomscale Greaves Venomscale Tail Guard Green and White Flair Scarf Crimson Silk Veil Sapphire Feathered Wings Shadowscale Shoulder Guards Ebony Filigree Banner Gold Filigree Banner Gold Filigree Tail Guard Scarlet Wooly Coat Glowing Orange Clawtips Crimson Aviator Scarf Starry Regard Wiggly Sight Viper's Wing Fans Nightglider's Arctic Boots Buttercup Lace Collar Buttercup Lace Anklet Buttercup Lace Waist Frill Ranger's Hat Red Healer's Vestments

jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

Favorite book: I really like the entire warriors book series, but if i had to pick a favorite id have to choose bluestar's prophecy because i love how it shows her problems and struggles and how she struggles to stay positive and optimistic through everything. ive always loved her character and seeing a peek into her past is absolutely wonderful!
favorite movie/tv show: my favorite movie is Interstellar because i love how it makes my mind feel all weird and stuff and how it manages to keep me hooked the whole time. my favorite tv show is Steven Universe because i love the story and the characters and the music and animation and just hhh evERYTHING its so perfect. it handles such adult topics and makes them more understandable for kids and its so diverse in race, gender identity, and sexual orientation that it makes people feel included and like they arent weird. its lovely. plus as an avid rock collector and aspiring geologist, rocks are fun to see in tv lmao

prize: 25g would be nice but im good with or without prizes! i love a chance to talk about my favorite things hahaha
Favorite book: I really like the entire warriors book series, but if i had to pick a favorite id have to choose bluestar's prophecy because i love how it shows her problems and struggles and how she struggles to stay positive and optimistic through everything. ive always loved her character and seeing a peek into her past is absolutely wonderful!
favorite movie/tv show: my favorite movie is Interstellar because i love how it makes my mind feel all weird and stuff and how it manages to keep me hooked the whole time. my favorite tv show is Steven Universe because i love the story and the characters and the music and animation and just hhh evERYTHING its so perfect. it handles such adult topics and makes them more understandable for kids and its so diverse in race, gender identity, and sexual orientation that it makes people feel included and like they arent weird. its lovely. plus as an avid rock collector and aspiring geologist, rocks are fun to see in tv lmao

prize: 25g would be nice but im good with or without prizes! i love a chance to talk about my favorite things hahaha
yeahbuddy.png
Boo
he/him
um,, hi lol
smol.png
chrysocolla.gif
Favorite Book - I'm gonna be super honest: I don't read books often. However, I'm a fan of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I love how we're introduced to the Wizarding World and its features, and it holds a special place in my heart.
Favorite TV Show - I sure hope anime counts? If so, My Hero Academia is my personal favorite! Though it's a pretty basic concept on paper, the characters and writing are executed so well that I'm able to see past that. In addition, I feel like I can actually relate to a good portion of the characters (especially the main character!). Hell, I even found myself relating to a villain's ideals, and I found that to be a rare find.

I'd like the Sunrise Hibiscus, please.
Favorite Book - I'm gonna be super honest: I don't read books often. However, I'm a fan of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I love how we're introduced to the Wizarding World and its features, and it holds a special place in my heart.
Favorite TV Show - I sure hope anime counts? If so, My Hero Academia is my personal favorite! Though it's a pretty basic concept on paper, the characters and writing are executed so well that I'm able to see past that. In addition, I feel like I can actually relate to a good portion of the characters (especially the main character!). Hell, I even found myself relating to a villain's ideals, and I found that to be a rare find.

I'd like the Sunrise Hibiscus, please.
zidanerun.gif b / zid - they/them
> Favorite book
I bought Mark Carwardine's and Stephen Fry's Last Chance to See some months back and have yet to grow tired of rereading it. Fry and Carwardine travel around the world to check on six very rare species and get updates on how they're doing, how conservation efforts are going, etc. The book is really funny -- Carwardine's and Fry's dynamic is hilarious -- and you learn a lot about the animals they're looking for and how various groups are trying to save them. The tone of the book is often lighthearted, but it still drives home the fact that a lot of species are going extinct, and that the authors' travels could well be their last chance to see those animals.

> Favorite movie
Movie: Inception. I first saw it together with my friends, who gave me fair warning it'd give me a huge headache, which it did. But I was blown away by how it all wrapped up in the end. Rewatching it has helped me grasp and appreciate the story better, and it's always fun to see the team put together their operation and then plant their idea in the target's mind.

-- I'd like the Glowing Orange Clawtips, please. Thank you!
> Favorite book
I bought Mark Carwardine's and Stephen Fry's Last Chance to See some months back and have yet to grow tired of rereading it. Fry and Carwardine travel around the world to check on six very rare species and get updates on how they're doing, how conservation efforts are going, etc. The book is really funny -- Carwardine's and Fry's dynamic is hilarious -- and you learn a lot about the animals they're looking for and how various groups are trying to save them. The tone of the book is often lighthearted, but it still drives home the fact that a lot of species are going extinct, and that the authors' travels could well be their last chance to see those animals.

> Favorite movie
Movie: Inception. I first saw it together with my friends, who gave me fair warning it'd give me a huge headache, which it did. But I was blown away by how it all wrapped up in the end. Rewatching it has helped me grasp and appreciate the story better, and it's always fun to see the team put together their operation and then plant their idea in the target's mind.

-- I'd like the Glowing Orange Clawtips, please. Thank you!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
favorite book: diane duane's young wizards series. they are the best. extremely well written, and the author went back and rewrote tje first several books, updating them to be more accessible to today's YA readers (the first book was written in 1982). they're called the new millenium editions and so far they're only available online as ebooks (send me a message if you want a link to her store!). wizardry done in such a beautiful way! the first book is So You Want To Be A Wizard.

favorite movie...i really love Practical Magic. great sisterhood themes, family bonds where your family might be crazy but they're YOUR crazy, you know? it's just really cute. plus it's a love story but it's more about the love the sisters have than the guy-gets-the-girl love.

eta: can i have the 25g?
favorite book: diane duane's young wizards series. they are the best. extremely well written, and the author went back and rewrote tje first several books, updating them to be more accessible to today's YA readers (the first book was written in 1982). they're called the new millenium editions and so far they're only available online as ebooks (send me a message if you want a link to her store!). wizardry done in such a beautiful way! the first book is So You Want To Be A Wizard.

favorite movie...i really love Practical Magic. great sisterhood themes, family bonds where your family might be crazy but they're YOUR crazy, you know? it's just really cute. plus it's a love story but it's more about the love the sisters have than the guy-gets-the-girl love.

eta: can i have the 25g?
So You Want To Be A Wizard
thanks to everyone so far!! thank-you prizes should all be distributed & the list is up to date - i'm gonna pass out for the night but i'll catch any new folks in the morning :>

thanks in advance <3
thanks to everyone so far!! thank-you prizes should all be distributed & the list is up to date - i'm gonna pass out for the night but i'll catch any new folks in the morning :>

thanks in advance <3
jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

> Favorite book
Cry the beloved country
It's a book about politics and the apartheid, and it's also a piece of classic literature. I like to because it isnt the easiest of books to understand, and it would take several reads to really understand the story. I also adore its use of multiple PoVs, and many other complex yet intriguing literary devices. The message that is converyed in the story is also one that truly hits home. How it describes the dynamics of racial descrimination and oppression of the marginalized makes me realize how real and close these world problems truly are, and it makes me grow into a more conscious person.

> Favorite movie/tv show
Fitz Patrick's referals series! (Don't know the actual title, sorry!)
I just adore this guy and his team. It always puts a smile on my face to see how both this master vet and his team always try their best to help animals in tricky situations. The show tugs at me both emotionally and intelectually, urging me to watch how the stories of help and recovery plays out with every patient. The surgical scenes, the diagnoses, and the recovery processes are all talked about, so I get to learn many new things with every episode. The show gets additional points for being a BBC production. :D

If you have anything in this post, one of those will be fine. Otherwise, could I get 25g? :D
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drw/2491313#post_34464953

Good luck to your buddy's assignment!
> Favorite book
Cry the beloved country
It's a book about politics and the apartheid, and it's also a piece of classic literature. I like to because it isnt the easiest of books to understand, and it would take several reads to really understand the story. I also adore its use of multiple PoVs, and many other complex yet intriguing literary devices. The message that is converyed in the story is also one that truly hits home. How it describes the dynamics of racial descrimination and oppression of the marginalized makes me realize how real and close these world problems truly are, and it makes me grow into a more conscious person.

> Favorite movie/tv show
Fitz Patrick's referals series! (Don't know the actual title, sorry!)
I just adore this guy and his team. It always puts a smile on my face to see how both this master vet and his team always try their best to help animals in tricky situations. The show tugs at me both emotionally and intelectually, urging me to watch how the stories of help and recovery plays out with every patient. The surgical scenes, the diagnoses, and the recovery processes are all talked about, so I get to learn many new things with every episode. The show gets additional points for being a BBC production. :D

If you have anything in this post, one of those will be fine. Otherwise, could I get 25g? :D
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drw/2491313#post_34464953

Good luck to your buddy's assignment!
SNK/AOT Dragons? Yeah, I got you. ;P
Wanna collab with us? Hmu. We need more nests and lair space anyway~
Favorite Book: I don't really have a favorite book, so much as a favorite series. Any of the Percy Jackson and/or Heroes of Olympus (I think that's what they're called? It's been a while) books, I suppose. My favorite thing might be how humorous the narrating is (I've legitimately laughed aloud a few times upon reading the books, sometimes out in public), but I also love the mythology aspect, and the characters. How they interact with one another, their personalities, and their development and hidden depths, and the acknowledgement of LGBT+ people.

Favorite Show/Movie: I don't watch movies, so I'll talk about one of my favorite shows instead, since I don't really have a set favorite. I'm very much into western animation (or cartoons), so that's what I'll usually be watching. I think Avatar: The Last Airbender is really an amazing show, even after all this time. I love the bending dynamic and how it follows an actual type of magic/rule system (and also that it's based off of real martial arts), how the show can simultaneously be humorous yet serious and angsty, the way the main characters are constantly fighting despite the odds being overwhelmingly against them, and how they develop throughout the series, especially one of the former main antagonists.

If it's possible, could I please get either the Unlikely Alliance or the Magic Mirror? Thank you, and good luck to your friend!

Favorite Book: I don't really have a favorite book, so much as a favorite series. Any of the Percy Jackson and/or Heroes of Olympus (I think that's what they're called? It's been a while) books, I suppose. My favorite thing might be how humorous the narrating is (I've legitimately laughed aloud a few times upon reading the books, sometimes out in public), but I also love the mythology aspect, and the characters. How they interact with one another, their personalities, and their development and hidden depths, and the acknowledgement of LGBT+ people.

Favorite Show/Movie: I don't watch movies, so I'll talk about one of my favorite shows instead, since I don't really have a set favorite. I'm very much into western animation (or cartoons), so that's what I'll usually be watching. I think Avatar: The Last Airbender is really an amazing show, even after all this time. I love the bending dynamic and how it follows an actual type of magic/rule system (and also that it's based off of real martial arts), how the show can simultaneously be humorous yet serious and angsty, the way the main characters are constantly fighting despite the odds being overwhelmingly against them, and how they develop throughout the series, especially one of the former main antagonists.

If it's possible, could I please get either the Unlikely Alliance or the Magic Mirror? Thank you, and good luck to your friend!

Noctua_Link_Big.png
All thank-you gifts should be up to date~! Thank you to everyone who's participated so far!!

We'll be going until friday or until I run out of prizes, whichever comes first ;3
All thank-you gifts should be up to date~! Thank you to everyone who's participated so far!!

We'll be going until friday or until I run out of prizes, whichever comes first ;3
jsj7i0F.png

GXksSMR.png

jsj7i0F.png

Rq86m6N.png

5YkumXU.png
give me the stupid birds

1 2