Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | LGBTTQQ2SIAD (Etc) Community
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 41 42
@FlightGal

I know right? Sir, ma'am, it's all the same either way. But I don't feel too strongly for either gender to call myself bigender either. I don't feel 'male' one day, and 'female' the other. It's just this wibbly-wobbly both or neither. uwu

The main reason why 'it' bothers me is because I was unfortunate to be surrounded with peers that had no idea what asexual was when I was first discovering myself. Although, this was middle school so kids are pretty uneducated/immature at that age and it was a conservative school... But yeah, I can't stand that appellation after being seen as a robot and speculated on whether I didn't have anything 'down there.' :I

I am happily out of that environment now. u_u
@FlightGal

I know right? Sir, ma'am, it's all the same either way. But I don't feel too strongly for either gender to call myself bigender either. I don't feel 'male' one day, and 'female' the other. It's just this wibbly-wobbly both or neither. uwu

The main reason why 'it' bothers me is because I was unfortunate to be surrounded with peers that had no idea what asexual was when I was first discovering myself. Although, this was middle school so kids are pretty uneducated/immature at that age and it was a conservative school... But yeah, I can't stand that appellation after being seen as a robot and speculated on whether I didn't have anything 'down there.' :I

I am happily out of that environment now. u_u
tumblr_nr1sm6Mwfo1sevwwxo1_500.png
@ErsatzLace

I don't care much for gender, it's mostly the reason I'm pangender since I don't see how gender nor sex factors into anything.

I feel so sorry for you, I've recently came out in my school and people have made a game of asking me "what's a demisexual?" or "what's a panromantic?" even though i've told them hundreds of times and they purposely mispronounce them to annoy me. One boy (Who is a tad sadistic, he once bullied a child to the point of suicide and laughed when he found out the kid was dead) decided to answer every time "it's someone who when they stick their hand down someones pants they'll like whatever they find" which, is pretty damn offensive. And one girl even keeps dismissing the thought that i'm asexual! Saying if I start interacting with boys in that way I'd like it, which is even more offensive! Highschool is the only place that I've ever been to that can misunderstand stuff so much, it's almost hilarious how confused they get sometimes.
@ErsatzLace

I don't care much for gender, it's mostly the reason I'm pangender since I don't see how gender nor sex factors into anything.

I feel so sorry for you, I've recently came out in my school and people have made a game of asking me "what's a demisexual?" or "what's a panromantic?" even though i've told them hundreds of times and they purposely mispronounce them to annoy me. One boy (Who is a tad sadistic, he once bullied a child to the point of suicide and laughed when he found out the kid was dead) decided to answer every time "it's someone who when they stick their hand down someones pants they'll like whatever they find" which, is pretty damn offensive. And one girl even keeps dismissing the thought that i'm asexual! Saying if I start interacting with boys in that way I'd like it, which is even more offensive! Highschool is the only place that I've ever been to that can misunderstand stuff so much, it's almost hilarious how confused they get sometimes.
image.png
23 l she/they l FR+8 l UK
bYt72YT.png5ouR6ge.png
tyEuRXe.pngq3Me7tJ.png
image.png
hi i'm skipper. I personally dislike labels but I suppose I fit under pansexual. im v unsure abt gender, ive been going by she pronouns but it sounds a little harsh to my ears, however no other pronouns really feel right so id rather you just use my name.
whattup
hi i'm skipper. I personally dislike labels but I suppose I fit under pansexual. im v unsure abt gender, ive been going by she pronouns but it sounds a little harsh to my ears, however no other pronouns really feel right so id rather you just use my name.
whattup
@FlightGal

Oh gosh! That's just... Urrgghhh. You have my condolences. It's just really unfortunate that there are people like that out there. Just gotta remember that the real world by and large does not tolerate such immaturity and close-mindedness. u_u

I was lucky that it was only my religious private middle school where I had an unfortunate experience (seriously, right there is like the worst place you can come out). Fortunately, I live in California where a lot of people are liberal and accepting (what with San Francisco right there), so that was like, the odd one out in the story of my life.
@FlightGal

Oh gosh! That's just... Urrgghhh. You have my condolences. It's just really unfortunate that there are people like that out there. Just gotta remember that the real world by and large does not tolerate such immaturity and close-mindedness. u_u

I was lucky that it was only my religious private middle school where I had an unfortunate experience (seriously, right there is like the worst place you can come out). Fortunately, I live in California where a lot of people are liberal and accepting (what with San Francisco right there), so that was like, the odd one out in the story of my life.
@Ersatzlace

That's good, here in England everyones pretty accepting, though there are still a fair bit of bad apples in the crowd it's not too bad compared to places filled with unacceptance wherever you go.
@Ersatzlace

That's good, here in England everyones pretty accepting, though there are still a fair bit of bad apples in the crowd it's not too bad compared to places filled with unacceptance wherever you go.
image.png
23 l she/they l FR+8 l UK
bYt72YT.png5ouR6ge.png
tyEuRXe.pngq3Me7tJ.png
image.png
@FlightGal

Yeah. It's pretty much the same here (barring San Francisco for obvious reasons).

To my knowledge, high school and lower are just poor places to come out because of the general immaturity and smaller population compared to a university. I'm in college right now and I can tell you that the maturity levels of the people around me are just so much better than previous (although, I do have a rather low tolerance for foolishness so I don't interact with hard partiers, troublemakers, and the like).

Basically, get through high school and don't let yourself get trapped in a tiny, close-minded community. Then the quality of your interpersonal relationships will shoot through the roof. ^u^
@FlightGal

Yeah. It's pretty much the same here (barring San Francisco for obvious reasons).

To my knowledge, high school and lower are just poor places to come out because of the general immaturity and smaller population compared to a university. I'm in college right now and I can tell you that the maturity levels of the people around me are just so much better than previous (although, I do have a rather low tolerance for foolishness so I don't interact with hard partiers, troublemakers, and the like).

Basically, get through high school and don't let yourself get trapped in a tiny, close-minded community. Then the quality of your interpersonal relationships will shoot through the roof. ^u^
It's very nice to find this kind of thread here!

So hello everyone, not introduced myself yet and I'm pretty new here so let's get started.

One lesbian here, age 22, from Finland. Been out to my parents for about half a year, mom was like "finally you told me" and dad had to think about it for a couple of weeks and was pretty alright with it. I also have awesome friends who accept me the way I am. I have many LGBTQIA friends too. I'm a bit masculine I think (some have mistook me as a boy or even called me 'uncle' XD) 'cause I wear a lot of men's clothes - they're just more nicely designed and more comfortable than many women's clothes are in my opinion. I don't think I look like a boy that much :B Oh well :D

Been reading this thread fastly and I'm happy to know here in FR are many ppl who are accepting and 'in the same boat'. :D But also sorry to hear things are not too nice for everyone. Hugs from here to all of ya!
It's very nice to find this kind of thread here!

So hello everyone, not introduced myself yet and I'm pretty new here so let's get started.

One lesbian here, age 22, from Finland. Been out to my parents for about half a year, mom was like "finally you told me" and dad had to think about it for a couple of weeks and was pretty alright with it. I also have awesome friends who accept me the way I am. I have many LGBTQIA friends too. I'm a bit masculine I think (some have mistook me as a boy or even called me 'uncle' XD) 'cause I wear a lot of men's clothes - they're just more nicely designed and more comfortable than many women's clothes are in my opinion. I don't think I look like a boy that much :B Oh well :D

Been reading this thread fastly and I'm happy to know here in FR are many ppl who are accepting and 'in the same boat'. :D But also sorry to hear things are not too nice for everyone. Hugs from here to all of ya!
@Arkham ive been all over the country and literally ANYWHERE is a better fit for me than here. i live in the st louis area and i adore the food and culture and sports and the good parts of the city....but im one of those people who feels more at home near the ocean so living in a landlocked state drives me crazy /:
im going to be applying to calarts and ringling in florida! :D

being an adult sounds terrifying but because of my situation im actually trying to grow up faster so i can get out ;____; wishin it didnt have to be this way, the world is a scary (and expensive) place
@Arkham ive been all over the country and literally ANYWHERE is a better fit for me than here. i live in the st louis area and i adore the food and culture and sports and the good parts of the city....but im one of those people who feels more at home near the ocean so living in a landlocked state drives me crazy /:
im going to be applying to calarts and ringling in florida! :D

being an adult sounds terrifying but because of my situation im actually trying to grow up faster so i can get out ;____; wishin it didnt have to be this way, the world is a scary (and expensive) place
Gexm3qY.png
sunny
fr+2 - they/he/she
» hatchery
» wishlist
lightning.gif
@Ningyo
It sounds so far your parents seem atleast chill on the subject. That is great, but only if you want to come out. If your not comfortable explaining to them or want to go into the long discussion it will result in, I would just stick to saying your just not interested in dating at the moment and leave it at that.
@Ningyo
It sounds so far your parents seem atleast chill on the subject. That is great, but only if you want to come out. If your not comfortable explaining to them or want to go into the long discussion it will result in, I would just stick to saying your just not interested in dating at the moment and leave it at that.
JwgDmoi.png
By. my friend RD
My Hatchery | Furvilla
@arkham
Oh, I've had that issue too. I actually talk about being pan to people in real life a lot less because of that.
@flightgal
I've had that, too! Oh, and people thinking that panromanticism and demisexuality are in complete conflict.
@arkham
Oh, I've had that issue too. I actually talk about being pan to people in real life a lot less because of that.
@flightgal
I've had that, too! Oh, and people thinking that panromanticism and demisexuality are in complete conflict.
NM0r94k.png Ala3t4v.png
D9xaprH.png
ypcKWM0.png
9R2Unq1.png
nnBylsC.png
ZqTATLu.png
V9BoEMC.png
5hF3FGk.png
7UXlQKU.gif
q9EEy5M.png
878OlvW.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 41 42