Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | All-Flight Open House Day
Basically, on this day/week/however long it may be, a user can see the forums - not the Dominance forums, mind you - of all the other flights. If a person does not want their thread to be seen on Open House Day, they can mark it so on a button (perhaps next to the subscribe button). People visiting the other flights will not be able to post on these threads, except for one: a thread made by the flight's respective deity, where visitors can talk to people in another flight and get a sense of how things run there. This would give players a sense of what all the other flights are like, so we can get rid of all those annoying "Convince Me 2 Join Ur Flight" threads. It may also - though I don't know about this - help make the flight forums more active.

Thoughts? This is a relatively not fleshed-out idea, so any feedback or ideas to add on to it would be amazing.
Basically, on this day/week/however long it may be, a user can see the forums - not the Dominance forums, mind you - of all the other flights. If a person does not want their thread to be seen on Open House Day, they can mark it so on a button (perhaps next to the subscribe button). People visiting the other flights will not be able to post on these threads, except for one: a thread made by the flight's respective deity, where visitors can talk to people in another flight and get a sense of how things run there. This would give players a sense of what all the other flights are like, so we can get rid of all those annoying "Convince Me 2 Join Ur Flight" threads. It may also - though I don't know about this - help make the flight forums more active.

Thoughts? This is a relatively not fleshed-out idea, so any feedback or ideas to add on to it would be amazing.
I do not support this because at least in Plague, there is dominance-related stuff that is not posted on Plague Dominance, but on the main Plague forums, and would be as good as OOF seeing the dominance forum.

Also, a lot of us use the forums for discussion rarely and are more active on our flight Discord servers, myself included. In my opinion you won't necessarily get a complete picture of what Plague is like, or my old flight Lightning, from just seeing the forum, considering how much happens on the Discord.

There's also the fact that it's one thing to observe discussions from the outside and another thing to actually be in the flight itself, participating in flight activities, and such, that forums / Discord / etc are not really a good substitute for.

It's a nice idea in theory, but I don't think it would necessarily work well in practice, sorry!
I do not support this because at least in Plague, there is dominance-related stuff that is not posted on Plague Dominance, but on the main Plague forums, and would be as good as OOF seeing the dominance forum.

Also, a lot of us use the forums for discussion rarely and are more active on our flight Discord servers, myself included. In my opinion you won't necessarily get a complete picture of what Plague is like, or my old flight Lightning, from just seeing the forum, considering how much happens on the Discord.

There's also the fact that it's one thing to observe discussions from the outside and another thing to actually be in the flight itself, participating in flight activities, and such, that forums / Discord / etc are not really a good substitute for.

It's a nice idea in theory, but I don't think it would necessarily work well in practice, sorry!
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
Yeah, no support.

This is some information that people post in the flight forums that they'd rather not have everyone see - especially for us in Earth, since we're such a small flight.

This could be used for bad intentions as well.

Yeah, no support.

This is some information that people post in the flight forums that they'd rather not have everyone see - especially for us in Earth, since we're such a small flight.

This could be used for bad intentions as well.

I honestly don't see the point in this.

I understand that players want to know what the community is like before they join that flight, but most of the time, either all the 'problematic' threads will be hidden, or users, in an effort to make a flight look bad, will make sure that 'problematic' threads are displayed.

Plus, this wouldn't be helpful for players who join after the open house, or who decide to switch flights before or after the open house happens. Since this would be once a year, and you can switch flights at any time, with a 6 month cooldown, the chances of players having their flight change line up with Open House Day is slim. There would still be those 'what is your flight like?' 'Convince me to join your flight' 'Switching Flights!' posts, because those players missed the open house, and the community feeling can change fairly quickly as players switch both into and out of flights. So, by the time Player A decides to switch flights, Flight C might not be like they saw during the open house, so they have to ask again, or risk joining a flight that no longer lines up with what they want.

Plus, as others have said, there are things posted to in flight forums that those players don't want the entire site to see, and not all dominance related stuff is kept to the dominance forums.
I honestly don't see the point in this.

I understand that players want to know what the community is like before they join that flight, but most of the time, either all the 'problematic' threads will be hidden, or users, in an effort to make a flight look bad, will make sure that 'problematic' threads are displayed.

Plus, this wouldn't be helpful for players who join after the open house, or who decide to switch flights before or after the open house happens. Since this would be once a year, and you can switch flights at any time, with a 6 month cooldown, the chances of players having their flight change line up with Open House Day is slim. There would still be those 'what is your flight like?' 'Convince me to join your flight' 'Switching Flights!' posts, because those players missed the open house, and the community feeling can change fairly quickly as players switch both into and out of flights. So, by the time Player A decides to switch flights, Flight C might not be like they saw during the open house, so they have to ask again, or risk joining a flight that no longer lines up with what they want.

Plus, as others have said, there are things posted to in flight forums that those players don't want the entire site to see, and not all dominance related stuff is kept to the dominance forums.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Yeah...no. No user should have to manually opt out of having their semi-private (flight-only) threads shown publicly, even for only a day. The others above me have already talked about my other objections, but this is a real sticking point for me.
Yeah...no. No user should have to manually opt out of having their semi-private (flight-only) threads shown publicly, even for only a day. The others above me have already talked about my other objections, but this is a real sticking point for me.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
I haven't posted on the forums in 67 years but here I go again lol.

All the concerns here are valid, and a definitely deserve some consideration. What if instead of an all out open house, users had the option to switch flights for free for like.... 3 days, as a test period type thing?? You can't see dom forums during that period, and you can't breed or gain dom bonuses for the flight you're checking out. All you can do is post in their general forums and get a sense of the community, and at rollover on the 3rd day you're automatically put back into your old flight. So it wouldn't be so much an open house, but it would cut down on "convince me to join your flight!" threads. Maybe also have a cooldown for this feature of a month or two so people aren't jumping from flight to flight constantly?? Idk, it's not a super fleshed out idea, but concrit is common in the subforum anyways.
I haven't posted on the forums in 67 years but here I go again lol.

All the concerns here are valid, and a definitely deserve some consideration. What if instead of an all out open house, users had the option to switch flights for free for like.... 3 days, as a test period type thing?? You can't see dom forums during that period, and you can't breed or gain dom bonuses for the flight you're checking out. All you can do is post in their general forums and get a sense of the community, and at rollover on the 3rd day you're automatically put back into your old flight. So it wouldn't be so much an open house, but it would cut down on "convince me to join your flight!" threads. Maybe also have a cooldown for this feature of a month or two so people aren't jumping from flight to flight constantly?? Idk, it's not a super fleshed out idea, but concrit is common in the subforum anyways.
Willow Clan of Wind Flight!
he/they, 22, FR+3
Willows' Leveling Service || Currently: Open