Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hopefully Resolved
1 2 3 4
@Pinkee This is the only time it's happened to me in the five years I've been playing and trading on this site, which is why I was at such a loss as to what to do in this situation!
I tried resolving it myself by politely asking for my light sprite back, but as you can imagine, that didn't pan out!
@Pinkee This is the only time it's happened to me in the five years I've been playing and trading on this site, which is why I was at such a loss as to what to do in this situation!
I tried resolving it myself by politely asking for my light sprite back, but as you can imagine, that didn't pan out!
banner_zps06d5fbc4.png
@Marionette

Truly sad to hear it but that it happens rarely is a great testament to the FR Community really <3
@Marionette

Truly sad to hear it but that it happens rarely is a great testament to the FR Community really <3
tyPEH8B.png
This scammer was just someone trying to hurt their ex by stealing some of her prized possessions, while also making money on FR on the side.
I'm happy to report that we were able to return (as far as I'm aware) everything that was stolen to the original owner, so the they didn't get away with that!
This scammer was just someone trying to hurt their ex by stealing some of her prized possessions, while also making money on FR on the side.
I'm happy to report that we were able to return (as far as I'm aware) everything that was stolen to the original owner, so the they didn't get away with that!
banner_zps06d5fbc4.png
Sadly, as a lot of people have pointed out, there is nothing FR can do to help you with this. You will most likely keep getting automated replies, telling you to just block the user. As stated in the terms of use and CoC, the FR team do not in fact fully support players trading/selling things to each other, as it is in fact tricky, and often results in scams. This is all on you, and that isn't said in a harsh tone, it's just the truth of the matter. And like someone else has pointed out, all you could do to punish that scammer, was report them to Wajas, since that is where the payment happened, and where the stolen items were. As far as the FR team are concerned, nothing suspicious has happened on-site.
Sadly, as a lot of people have pointed out, there is nothing FR can do to help you with this. You will most likely keep getting automated replies, telling you to just block the user. As stated in the terms of use and CoC, the FR team do not in fact fully support players trading/selling things to each other, as it is in fact tricky, and often results in scams. This is all on you, and that isn't said in a harsh tone, it's just the truth of the matter. And like someone else has pointed out, all you could do to punish that scammer, was report them to Wajas, since that is where the payment happened, and where the stolen items were. As far as the FR team are concerned, nothing suspicious has happened on-site.
WBsJuD1.pngiQrvnPv.pngfvfrO0T.pngg2TOb2t.pngzy5WGDV.png
I have lost faith in the FR community even more than previously, due to the responses here. x.x I really hope the edit in the OP is true and the situation has been handled so that the scammer is frozen and won't be coming back to collect on the rewards of their scam/looting.

But really guys, whether or not something is at own risk, whether or not FR can't get items back, doesn't matter here. It's that someone dishonest [was] on the loose, and that should be more concerning than you guys treat it. "Oh well, that's life" is not very helpful.

I know on wajas the playerbase would be absolutely horrified and would be calling for heads of the scammers. I know on Khimeros it's much the same. The absolute way you're treating this as a fact of life and that not even sympathy should be given for such a terrible thing is disheartening.

But that's all I'm gonna say, I don't post a lot here and this thread really just reinforces why.
I have lost faith in the FR community even more than previously, due to the responses here. x.x I really hope the edit in the OP is true and the situation has been handled so that the scammer is frozen and won't be coming back to collect on the rewards of their scam/looting.

But really guys, whether or not something is at own risk, whether or not FR can't get items back, doesn't matter here. It's that someone dishonest [was] on the loose, and that should be more concerning than you guys treat it. "Oh well, that's life" is not very helpful.

I know on wajas the playerbase would be absolutely horrified and would be calling for heads of the scammers. I know on Khimeros it's much the same. The absolute way you're treating this as a fact of life and that not even sympathy should be given for such a terrible thing is disheartening.

But that's all I'm gonna say, I don't post a lot here and this thread really just reinforces why.
Trading my beads for your gems. Trading my gems for your CWP. PM me for more info. Will also do art/skins for CWP OR Gems: MUST PM HERE to commish.

SELLING KHIMEROS ACCOUNT more deets here: https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=ibaz&id=2936293
@Charmanth But what is to be gained by calling for the head of a scammer? I rather prefer that FR's userbase tries to stay out of things that don't really concern them. Yes, it sucks someone would do this. But god, we don't need a huge drama where the staff is swayed by the opinion of the masses on how to moderate. I've been on sites like that and don't like them one bit. Let them do what they do quietly, between the parties involved. It's in the end, none of our business.
@Charmanth But what is to be gained by calling for the head of a scammer? I rather prefer that FR's userbase tries to stay out of things that don't really concern them. Yes, it sucks someone would do this. But god, we don't need a huge drama where the staff is swayed by the opinion of the masses on how to moderate. I've been on sites like that and don't like them one bit. Let them do what they do quietly, between the parties involved. It's in the end, none of our business.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
@Charmanth I don't see anyone saying "Oh well get over it, it's just life", I just see people informing OP about FR's rules, which clearly state that: [img]https://i.gyazo.com/598026f303830a329e14ff63743dd449.png[/img] Is that rule a bit shady? It sure is. But it's also understandable, to some extent. In the case of OP, there really is NOTHING the FR team can do. OP sent a one way CR to the scammer, the scammer accepted it... And that's it. That's all the FR team see. The stealing happened on Wajas, and like OP said, that has been dealt with, and the person was banned there. But when it comes to FR, the team really have no evidence to do anything. Should they lock the scammer's account, to avoid having them scamming more people? Yes, I agree with that. But I feel like, if I was the one about to trade such a valuable item with someone offsite, I would make sure they are reputable first. This is the internet, and sadly people scam all the time. We all need to do our careful research before falling into traps like these. So harsh as it may be, this was a lesson for OP, and for other people reading this post.
@Charmanth I don't see anyone saying "Oh well get over it, it's just life", I just see people informing OP about FR's rules, which clearly state that:

598026f303830a329e14ff63743dd449.png

Is that rule a bit shady? It sure is. But it's also understandable, to some extent. In the case of OP, there really is NOTHING the FR team can do. OP sent a one way CR to the scammer, the scammer accepted it... And that's it. That's all the FR team see. The stealing happened on Wajas, and like OP said, that has been dealt with, and the person was banned there. But when it comes to FR, the team really have no evidence to do anything.

Should they lock the scammer's account, to avoid having them scamming more people? Yes, I agree with that. But I feel like, if I was the one about to trade such a valuable item with someone offsite, I would make sure they are reputable first. This is the internet, and sadly people scam all the time. We all need to do our careful research before falling into traps like these. So harsh as it may be, this was a lesson for OP, and for other people reading this post.
@Jussie

Kind of rude to ping people when they've said they've said their piece and weren't gonna say more. Lmao.

I'm not saying the community should go on a witch hunt (I don't like witch hunts myself?) and if that's your only takeaway from my post, then that's on you.

I'm just disappointed in the lack of sympathy.

@cataclasm
Yeah, no, see above.
@Jussie

Kind of rude to ping people when they've said they've said their piece and weren't gonna say more. Lmao.

I'm not saying the community should go on a witch hunt (I don't like witch hunts myself?) and if that's your only takeaway from my post, then that's on you.

@cataclasm
Yeah, no, see above.
Trading my beads for your gems. Trading my gems for your CWP. PM me for more info. Will also do art/skins for CWP OR Gems: MUST PM HERE to commish.

SELLING KHIMEROS ACCOUNT more deets here: https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=ibaz&id=2936293
[quote name="Charmanth" date="2018-10-06 08:57:39" ] @/Jussie Kind of rude to ping people when they've said they've said their piece and weren't gonna say more. Lmao. I'm not saying the community should go on a witch hunt (I don't like witch hunts myself?) and if that's your only takeaway from my post, then that's on you. I'm just disappointed in the lack of sympathy. @/cataclasm Yeah, no, see above. [/quote] I'm pretty sure everyone who read this thread feels bad for OP. But there's nothing wrong with explaining how things work. We didn't make the rules. If you want to complain about "lack of sympathy", you should send a message to the FR team through contact us, because they made that rule, that clearly states they don't really care that much about such cases of deceit and theft.
Charmanth wrote on 2018-10-06 08:57:39:
@/Jussie

@/cataclasm
Yeah, no, see above.

I'm pretty sure everyone who read this thread feels bad for OP. But there's nothing wrong with explaining how things work. We didn't make the rules. If you want to complain about "lack of sympathy", you should send a message to the FR team through contact us, because they made that rule, that clearly states they don't really care that much about such cases of deceit and theft.
@Cataclasm this person had an extremely good reputation back when they were active, to the extent that they were actually once a staff member. The reason I had no reason to doubt the validity of the situation is because of that and their story sounding so legit, as well as the fact that I had, years ago, discussed doing this exact trade with their ex-wife.
@Cataclasm this person had an extremely good reputation back when they were active, to the extent that they were actually once a staff member. The reason I had no reason to doubt the validity of the situation is because of that and their story sounding so legit, as well as the fact that I had, years ago, discussed doing this exact trade with their ex-wife.
banner_zps06d5fbc4.png
1 2 3 4