Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite medical drama TV shows?
1 2
What are your guy's favorite medical drama shows? Honestly in my opinion, I find ER to be intriguing although I only watched so few episodes whoops and The Good Doctor to be a pretty nice show, but what about you guys? What are your favorites?

I sound so awkward h e l p
What are your guy's favorite medical drama shows? Honestly in my opinion, I find ER to be intriguing although I only watched so few episodes whoops and The Good Doctor to be a pretty nice show, but what about you guys? What are your favorites?

I sound so awkward h e l p
I LOVED House when it was on. Saving Hope was interesting. Royal Pains was good. Dexter would kinda sorta count I suppose. And there's a few others that I don't remember the names too.

OH and Bones, can't forget that one.
I LOVED House when it was on. Saving Hope was interesting. Royal Pains was good. Dexter would kinda sorta count I suppose. And there's a few others that I don't remember the names too.

OH and Bones, can't forget that one.
emVSLIq.png
I have my own website for things I've made!
SquishyPanda
I was a huge fan of House back in the day, but my favorite is one no one has ever heard of: Strong Medicine. It was on Lifetime in the early/mid 2000's and it was so so good. I honestly think it shaped a lot of who I am today (I was 9-15ish when it was on). Sadly only the first season was ever released on DVD. What I'm saying is, you'll probably never be able to watch it but if you magically are, WATCH IT.
I was a huge fan of House back in the day, but my favorite is one no one has ever heard of: Strong Medicine. It was on Lifetime in the early/mid 2000's and it was so so good. I honestly think it shaped a lot of who I am today (I was 9-15ish when it was on). Sadly only the first season was ever released on DVD. What I'm saying is, you'll probably never be able to watch it but if you magically are, WATCH IT.
9.pngI will see my dream come alive at last. I will touch the sky.9.png
Nothing compares in my mind to Call the Midwife. I'm not normally one for medical dramas, but every episode has such heartfelt stories. It's well written and quite accurate medically to that time period too.

If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend giving it a go.
Nothing compares in my mind to Call the Midwife. I'm not normally one for medical dramas, but every episode has such heartfelt stories. It's well written and quite accurate medically to that time period too.

If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend giving it a go.
tDAcVLz.png
I agree with @EarlyGrey.

I dislike medical dramas (I've sat unhappily though Casualty and Holby City often enough, bleh) unless they're primarily coroner based (because I prefer crime dramas) but I do like Call The Midwife.

Call the Midwife just has such a great cast of characters, the stories involved are ... time-period topical (it's set in the late 1950's to begin with) though a lot of the issues raised are still very important now. All of the medical stuff, in spite of the fact that it's limited in scope (obviously it's about midwifery), is fairly accurate and intricate.

I want to add that I have to say, I'm really not a baby person. I don't like children, I don't want children, and I've never been comfortable with or around babies, so if you're the same, please don't let that stop you if this show sounds interesting to you. The interpersonal relationships, the medical aspect and the important topics make it well worth a watch.
I agree with @EarlyGrey.

I dislike medical dramas (I've sat unhappily though Casualty and Holby City often enough, bleh) unless they're primarily coroner based (because I prefer crime dramas) but I do like Call The Midwife.

Call the Midwife just has such a great cast of characters, the stories involved are ... time-period topical (it's set in the late 1950's to begin with) though a lot of the issues raised are still very important now. All of the medical stuff, in spite of the fact that it's limited in scope (obviously it's about midwifery), is fairly accurate and intricate.

I want to add that I have to say, I'm really not a baby person. I don't like children, I don't want children, and I've never been comfortable with or around babies, so if you're the same, please don't let that stop you if this show sounds interesting to you. The interpersonal relationships, the medical aspect and the important topics make it well worth a watch.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
Does M*A*S*H count I know it's more comedy than drama but I used to have a crush on Radar and thought Klinger was hilarious... I hated Frank Burns, liked Charles, Hawkeye was eye candy, Trapper and BJ were funny too... I could go on
Does M*A*S*H count I know it's more comedy than drama but I used to have a crush on Radar and thought Klinger was hilarious... I hated Frank Burns, liked Charles, Hawkeye was eye candy, Trapper and BJ were funny too... I could go on
I can't watch a lot of medical shows, with my health history they make me feel uneasy. But I really enjoy "House", and in a non-drama category I also like "Scrubs" (but not the "renewed" stuff after the intended finale).
I can't watch a lot of medical shows, with my health history they make me feel uneasy. But I really enjoy "House", and in a non-drama category I also like "Scrubs" (but not the "renewed" stuff after the intended finale).
Formerly known as Brenning.
i watch a healthy intake of 1-3 monsters inside me episodes a day, it isn't really much of a drama but it's medical as all heck
i can't stop watching the balamuthia mandrillaris episode... i'm concerned
i watch a healthy intake of 1-3 monsters inside me episodes a day, it isn't really much of a drama but it's medical as all heck
i can't stop watching the balamuthia mandrillaris episode... i'm concerned
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
i really enjoyed Nurse Jackie. it's definitely a mix of drama and comedy, and it deals with some heavy stuff. but totally worth a watch!
i really enjoyed Nurse Jackie. it's definitely a mix of drama and comedy, and it deals with some heavy stuff. but totally worth a watch!
kaylee
she/her
fr +2
House, MD

But I also like, ER, Chicago Medical. Doc Martin. Call the Midwife. The Good Karma Hospital. The Indian Doctor. All Saints, The Heart Guy.
House, MD

But I also like, ER, Chicago Medical. Doc Martin. Call the Midwife. The Good Karma Hospital. The Indian Doctor. All Saints, The Heart Guy.
1 2