Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Battle Stones (Updated: September 1st)
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 34 35
@orchidemily
There is no such thing as questions that are too elementary or simple. So no need to apologize. Feel free to ask away. :)

1) Enhancement stones haven't work in the actual mechanics of the game since the game was released. The numbers of the dragons stats changes on their page but in the game itself it has no effect. So, I hadn't really put much thought into them besides listing them. This is an excellent idea for when they become useful. I'll note it down.

2) Clobber is an interesting skill that isn't nearly as useful as I'd like it to be. The damage it does is based on strength, but it doesn't do much damage compared to the other strength based attacks. What it does do is have a chance to stun the target. The higher the dragon who is using its defense is the more likely it will succeed.
Unfortunately, the fact that the stun only lasts one turn, makes the skill somewhat lack luster. As a result, many prefer to use eliminate or the elemental special on their tanks instead. I hope this clears some things up about clobber for you. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

3)First things first, go in your hoard and double check that you have an aid in there. In this last week, I've thought transactions went through when they didn't. So, it might be due to that. Also, and I've been known to do this, if you bought it from the Auction House make sure to take it out of your mail.
Aid is a level 3 skill, I'm going to assume you are trying to put it on one of your higher level dragons, so that should not be an issue. On the abilities and stats section of the coliseum, aid typically shows up on the first or second line of the battle stone inventory. If you still cant' find it let me know, we'll have to troubleshoot things further.
@orchidemily
There is no such thing as questions that are too elementary or simple. So no need to apologize. Feel free to ask away. :)

1) Enhancement stones haven't work in the actual mechanics of the game since the game was released. The numbers of the dragons stats changes on their page but in the game itself it has no effect. So, I hadn't really put much thought into them besides listing them. This is an excellent idea for when they become useful. I'll note it down.

2) Clobber is an interesting skill that isn't nearly as useful as I'd like it to be. The damage it does is based on strength, but it doesn't do much damage compared to the other strength based attacks. What it does do is have a chance to stun the target. The higher the dragon who is using its defense is the more likely it will succeed.
Unfortunately, the fact that the stun only lasts one turn, makes the skill somewhat lack luster. As a result, many prefer to use eliminate or the elemental special on their tanks instead. I hope this clears some things up about clobber for you. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

3)First things first, go in your hoard and double check that you have an aid in there. In this last week, I've thought transactions went through when they didn't. So, it might be due to that. Also, and I've been known to do this, if you bought it from the Auction House make sure to take it out of your mail.
Aid is a level 3 skill, I'm going to assume you are trying to put it on one of your higher level dragons, so that should not be an issue. On the abilities and stats section of the coliseum, aid typically shows up on the first or second line of the battle stone inventory. If you still cant' find it let me know, we'll have to troubleshoot things further.
FRFlightPrideBannerWind_zps362d3fa9.png
I'm back, but life is being complicated. It probably will take awhile for me to reply, because I log on irratically.
@Salmastryon - Shock, the Lightning elemental special, works. The debuff is called Paralysis and the tooltip says "May be unable to act". There is a % chance that the victim will skip its turn, not sure on the true number, but I estimate it around one third to one half. One more thing. [b]Shroud can make heals miss.[/b] Quoting for visibility. [quote name="Sylvandyr" date="2013-11-07 08:49:53"]@Salmastryon - Envenom, the Nature special, works. The debuff is called Poison, and it causes Int * 10 + 20 damage over 5 turns.[/quote]
@Salmastryon - Shock, the Lightning elemental special, works. The debuff is called Paralysis and the tooltip says "May be unable to act". There is a % chance that the victim will skip its turn, not sure on the true number, but I estimate it around one third to one half.

One more thing. Shroud can make heals miss.

Quoting for visibility.
Sylvandyr wrote on 2013-11-07 08:49:53:
@Salmastryon - Envenom, the Nature special, works. The debuff is called Poison, and it causes Int * 10 + 20 damage over 5 turns.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@salmastryon What is buff and debuff and how do they relate to envenom and poison. I have nature dragons and have envenom stone but don't know what to do with it.
@salmastryon What is buff and debuff and how do they relate to envenom and poison. I have nature dragons and have envenom stone but don't know what to do with it.
SFQhzL3.pngyCkAFg8.pngyPtBRD9.pngtumblr_nyl9awegtx1sbxtq7o4_75sq.pngJLu5v3r.png
EFiImB7.png
8QN6ypU.png
@orchidemily a Buff refers to a Battle Stone that causes a positive status effect and a Debuff refers to a Battle Stone that causes a negative one. Rally and Haste are Buffs. Envenom is a Nature specific Battle Stone that has a chance to apply the Debuff "Poison." Poison will cause damage every turn until it wears off.
@orchidemily a Buff refers to a Battle Stone that causes a positive status effect and a Debuff refers to a Battle Stone that causes a negative one. Rally and Haste are Buffs. Envenom is a Nature specific Battle Stone that has a chance to apply the Debuff "Poison." Poison will cause damage every turn until it wears off.
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
Drown (Water) works. The debuff is called Slow, and it reduces Quickness by a certain amount (not sure what determines the amount yet).

Notes:
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Dwarf Truffle (level 11, QCK 13, MND 23), reduces QCK by 3
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Blue Dragon Snail (level 12, QCK 19, MND 23), reduces QCK by 4
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Corpse Cleaner (level 12, QCK 21, MND 29), reduces QCK by 5
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Parasitic Fungus (level 11, QCK 21, MND 15), reduces QCK by 5
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Runic Bat (level 11, QCK 21, MND 18), reduces QCK by 5
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Ancient Fungus (level 12, QCK 22, MND 26), reduces QCK by 5
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Shadow Serpent (level 9, QCK 23, MND 15), reduces QCK by 5
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Citrine Jewel (level 11, QCK 23, MND 21), reduces QCK by 5
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Cursed Bat (level 11, QCK 31, MND 15), reduces QCK by 7

[EDIT]: Slow reduces victim's QCK based on a % of the victim's total QCK.

Amount of QCK reduced by Slow = round(.22 * target's total QCK)

Not sure about the actual % yet. Could be some amount + .22, not enough data. Will continue to collect.
Drown (Water) works. The debuff is called Slow, and it reduces Quickness by a certain amount (not sure what determines the amount yet).

Notes:
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Dwarf Truffle (level 11, QCK 13, MND 23), reduces QCK by 3
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Blue Dragon Snail (level 12, QCK 19, MND 23), reduces QCK by 4
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Corpse Cleaner (level 12, QCK 21, MND 29), reduces QCK by 5
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Parasitic Fungus (level 11, QCK 21, MND 15), reduces QCK by 5
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Runic Bat (level 11, QCK 21, MND 18), reduces QCK by 5
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Ancient Fungus (level 12, QCK 22, MND 26), reduces QCK by 5
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Shadow Serpent (level 9, QCK 23, MND 15), reduces QCK by 5
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Citrine Jewel (level 11, QCK 23, MND 21), reduces QCK by 5
  • Used by a level 12 Mage with 50 INT against Cursed Bat (level 11, QCK 31, MND 15), reduces QCK by 7

[EDIT]: Slow reduces victim's QCK based on a % of the victim's total QCK.

Amount of QCK reduced by Slow = round(.22 * target's total QCK)

Not sure about the actual % yet. Could be some amount + .22, not enough data. Will continue to collect.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
Cool stuff. :D
Cool stuff. :D
Which stones work best for a Snapper defence build other than the obvious (Anticipate, Guard, Clobber)?
Which stones work best for a Snapper defence build other than the obvious (Anticipate, Guard, Clobber)?
tumblr_inline_nj6epdCZlw1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhit9xsrc1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhw3ckexo1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhww49faV1r3h1o8.png lZEZOSe.png
tumblr_inline_njhi10xfDw1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_nj6fiuIGx01r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhyh4jVHZ1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhyq13RFE1r3h1o8.png
I haven't had any responses on my queries out there about Reflect, so I slapped it on my senior Healer anyway to see about the achievement.

Something VERY interesting I've noticed: If you try to spell a dragon wearing the Reflect bubble (refreshing Reflect, using Rally), it will bounce off the shield and apply to one of the enemy dragons.

All of a sudden I was wondering when The Mire's inhabitants got to Rally themselves! It took me a little while to figure out what exactly happened. Definitely a tricky stone to have equipped.
I haven't had any responses on my queries out there about Reflect, so I slapped it on my senior Healer anyway to see about the achievement.

Something VERY interesting I've noticed: If you try to spell a dragon wearing the Reflect bubble (refreshing Reflect, using Rally), it will bounce off the shield and apply to one of the enemy dragons.

All of a sudden I was wondering when The Mire's inhabitants got to Rally themselves! It took me a little while to figure out what exactly happened. Definitely a tricky stone to have equipped.
tumblr_inline_nj6epdCZlw1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhit9xsrc1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhw3ckexo1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhww49faV1r3h1o8.png lZEZOSe.png
tumblr_inline_njhi10xfDw1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_nj6fiuIGx01r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhyh4jVHZ1r3h1o8.png tumblr_inline_njhyq13RFE1r3h1o8.png
For your snapper, possibly Ward, Bolster, Haste, and/or Rally. You might also consider Reflect as it seems you already have (and it says right on it that it reflects positive effects as well...) hm can it be used on enemies? Otherwise sap might be really good. Finally, although its for attack dragons, Eliminate is so good you might consider it anyways, and if you are defense focused getting necessary mana should be easier. Ward would be especially good if your defense is higher than your mind (otherwise bolster should be good).
For your snapper, possibly Ward, Bolster, Haste, and/or Rally. You might also consider Reflect as it seems you already have (and it says right on it that it reflects positive effects as well...) hm can it be used on enemies? Otherwise sap might be really good. Finally, although its for attack dragons, Eliminate is so good you might consider it anyways, and if you are defense focused getting necessary mana should be easier. Ward would be especially good if your defense is higher than your mind (otherwise bolster should be good).
I really hope that the battle stones get an update soon. Having the buff-stones broken and a lot of the elemental debuffs completely bugged is a big pain.
I really hope that the battle stones get an update soon. Having the buff-stones broken and a lot of the elemental debuffs completely bugged is a big pain.
690328pathtotruth2.png
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 34 35