Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Add a Lineage chart to Scrying Workshop
1 2
Sometimes I wanna see my dragons lineage, but it's just tedious to go through all of the different dragons and their branching paths. Perhaps a lineage tree would be nice, and itd make it so much easier to look through your dragon's bloodline
Sometimes I wanna see my dragons lineage, but it's just tedious to go through all of the different dragons and their branching paths. Perhaps a lineage tree would be nice, and itd make it so much easier to look through your dragon's bloodline
mirror_hatchling_1.gif Yzcw1e1.png Visit me on Dragon Cave!
https://dragcave.net/user/GoatMunchy
That is an absurd amount of data and it'll only be useful to a very small minority of people. It'll actively make other people miserable. (So upset that so-and-so's great-great granddad is still Unnamed.) It just doesn't seem like it's worth it
That is an absurd amount of data and it'll only be useful to a very small minority of people. It'll actively make other people miserable. (So upset that so-and-so's great-great granddad is still Unnamed.) It just doesn't seem like it's worth it
It takes Twelve Years for one Imperial pair to produce a Primal-eyed offspring of a specific sex. Goal-based breeding is dead.
Honestly, I think it be a good thing to have. It's something that people would like to have and I can guarantee you there are other people that do want something like that. For the record it won't make people miserable who want to see their dragon's lineage my friend. If a dragon is unnamed it is cause people forget to name their dragons or they can't come up with a name right away which is completely fine and if you get upset because let's say a dragon you sold was unnamed and someone still hasn't named them, then they is your own fault for being upset and not then.
Honestly, I think it be a good thing to have. It's something that people would like to have and I can guarantee you there are other people that do want something like that. For the record it won't make people miserable who want to see their dragon's lineage my friend. If a dragon is unnamed it is cause people forget to name their dragons or they can't come up with a name right away which is completely fine and if you get upset because let's say a dragon you sold was unnamed and someone still hasn't named them, then they is your own fault for being upset and not then.
It would be interesting, though I'm not sure that I'd really use it much. So while I'm kinda ambivalent personally, I can see why people might want it. But unless it's something that has some pretty strict limits I could see it causing problems just with the potential scope of the info needed and how to display it though. Dragons can essentially breed forever, with the only limit on partners the 5-generation rule and that they are of the opposite gender, over time that gives them the potential to make HUGE and really tangled lineages.

I would be happy with a little more detail on the assay bloodlines page though. Right now when you cross two dragons and get a common ancestor there's no info about the dragons in between, how many generations or who they are. So if you're working on a project, figuring out if their offspring could be usable with a little crossing out to another dragon can be a pain.

Something like
"These dragons are unable to breed because they share a common ancestor (Noodle).

(1st id# you entered) >Willet >Iago >Lips >Noodle
(2nd id# you entered) >Bob >Irma >Noodle"

Since it's likely info the site is already accessing anyway displaying it shouldn't be too much more work.
It would be interesting, though I'm not sure that I'd really use it much. So while I'm kinda ambivalent personally, I can see why people might want it. But unless it's something that has some pretty strict limits I could see it causing problems just with the potential scope of the info needed and how to display it though. Dragons can essentially breed forever, with the only limit on partners the 5-generation rule and that they are of the opposite gender, over time that gives them the potential to make HUGE and really tangled lineages.

I would be happy with a little more detail on the assay bloodlines page though. Right now when you cross two dragons and get a common ancestor there's no info about the dragons in between, how many generations or who they are. So if you're working on a project, figuring out if their offspring could be usable with a little crossing out to another dragon can be a pain.

Something like
"These dragons are unable to breed because they share a common ancestor (Noodle).

(1st id# you entered) >Willet >Iago >Lips >Noodle
(2nd id# you entered) >Bob >Irma >Noodle"

Since it's likely info the site is already accessing anyway displaying it shouldn't be too much more work.
Exactly. Like, it doesn't have to be crazy, or even have pictures. Just some way to check relatives of a single dragon, rather than two. Perhaps it could be collapsible so it's not a mass net of messy dragons. Now I'm aware not all players will use this feature, but those who would would benifit greatly on projects, generations, and ancestory itself is just interesting. Similar to how not everyone uses stuff like dressing room, it's just a nice add-on
Exactly. Like, it doesn't have to be crazy, or even have pictures. Just some way to check relatives of a single dragon, rather than two. Perhaps it could be collapsible so it's not a mass net of messy dragons. Now I'm aware not all players will use this feature, but those who would would benifit greatly on projects, generations, and ancestory itself is just interesting. Similar to how not everyone uses stuff like dressing room, it's just a nice add-on
mirror_hatchling_1.gif Yzcw1e1.png Visit me on Dragon Cave!
https://dragcave.net/user/GoatMunchy
[quote name="AsyreeSyn3" date="2018-09-27 12:10:41" ] Honestly, I think it be a good thing to have. It's something that people would like to have and I can guarantee you there are other people that do want something like that. For the record it won't make people miserable who want to see their dragon's lineage my friend. If a dragon is unnamed it is cause people forget to name their dragons or they can't come up with a name right away which is completely fine and if you get upset because let's say a dragon you sold was unnamed and someone still hasn't named them, then they is your own fault for being upset and not then. [/quote] The problem is, and I don't know if you have wandered into any unnamed threads, the type of people who get upset over unnamed don't want to accept it, many of them would like it if the site randomly named dragons that are currently unnamed, many of them limit it to only exalted, but there are some that want ALL unnamed dragons named. I dont' really support this. While I would support a limited family tree on the dragons page, it would only show parents going back, no branches, and no offspring going forward. I also don't think it needs to be linked to the scrying workshop as I feel a better place would be on the dragon's page itself.
AsyreeSyn3 wrote on 2018-09-27 12:10:41:
The problem is, and I don't know if you have wandered into any unnamed threads, the type of people who get upset over unnamed don't want to accept it, many of them would like it if the site randomly named dragons that are currently unnamed, many of them limit it to only exalted, but there are some that want ALL unnamed dragons named.

I dont' really support this. While I would support a limited family tree on the dragons page, it would only show parents going back, no branches, and no offspring going forward. I also don't think it needs to be linked to the scrying workshop as I feel a better place would be on the dragon's page itself.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
I’d really love to be able to look at my dragons lineages and see who there is out there. And personally I could care less about unnamed but occasionally it gets me but that’s my own fault for forgetting to name before I sell sometimes...(whoops) but I let it go and to be honest I would like to see the family tree and get a better understanding of how all my dragons might be distant relatives.
I’d really love to be able to look at my dragons lineages and see who there is out there. And personally I could care less about unnamed but occasionally it gets me but that’s my own fault for forgetting to name before I sell sometimes...(whoops) but I let it go and to be honest I would like to see the family tree and get a better understanding of how all my dragons might be distant relatives.
4xTBSTZ.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-09-27 12:29:59" ] I dont' really support this. While I would support a limited family tree on the dragons page, it would only show parents going back, no branches, and no offspring going forward. I also don't think it needs to be linked to the scrying workshop as I feel a better place would be on the dragon's page itself. [/quote] The one benefit I can think of for placing it in the Scrying Workshop would be that if it's on a dragon's page I'd suspect it would need to be rendered/displayed each time a page is loaded. For every dragon being viewed at any given moment which potentially ends up being a lot of extra data getting pulled for each page view. Unless it's default hidden and only loads when clicked on. Since that name/link info can change for any non-exalted dragons I don't think a static list would be that practical, so it would likely have to check names on each page load. If it's somewhere like the Workshop it would only have to run when someone specifically requests it for that dragon. Though for usability for general bloodline mapping, not having it require two dragons as the assay bloodlines feature does would be important.
Jemadar wrote on 2018-09-27 12:29:59:
I dont' really support this. While I would support a limited family tree on the dragons page, it would only show parents going back, no branches, and no offspring going forward. I also don't think it needs to be linked to the scrying workshop as I feel a better place would be on the dragon's page itself.

The one benefit I can think of for placing it in the Scrying Workshop would be that if it's on a dragon's page I'd suspect it would need to be rendered/displayed each time a page is loaded. For every dragon being viewed at any given moment which potentially ends up being a lot of extra data getting pulled for each page view. Unless it's default hidden and only loads when clicked on. Since that name/link info can change for any non-exalted dragons I don't think a static list would be that practical, so it would likely have to check names on each page load.
If it's somewhere like the Workshop it would only have to run when someone specifically requests it for that dragon.

Though for usability for general bloodline mapping, not having it require two dragons as the assay bloodlines feature does would be important.
[quote name="PersimmonBird" date="2018-09-27 12:52:43" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2018-09-27 12:29:59" ] I dont' really support this. While I would support a limited family tree on the dragons page, it would only show parents going back, no branches, and no offspring going forward. I also don't think it needs to be linked to the scrying workshop as I feel a better place would be on the dragon's page itself. [/quote] The one benefit I can think of for placing it in the Scrying Workshop would be that if it's on a dragon's page I'd suspect it would need to be rendered/displayed each time a page is loaded. For every dragon being viewed at any given moment which potentially ends up being a lot of extra data getting pulled for each page view. Unless it's default hidden and only loads when clicked on. Since that name/link info can change for any non-exalted dragons I don't think a static list would be that practical, so it would likely have to check names on each page load. If it's somewhere like the Workshop it would only have to run when someone specifically requests it for that dragon. Though for usability for general bloodline mapping, not having it require two dragons as the assay bloodlines feature does would be important. [/quote] I was thinking more of a link to a popup one. Sort of like the button to get the codes to share dragons, there could be a 'lineage' link that gives this family tree. For one, this would mean no more needing to input IDs into a box, you just go to the page and click the lineage button.
PersimmonBird wrote on 2018-09-27 12:52:43:
Jemadar wrote on 2018-09-27 12:29:59:

The one benefit I can think of for placing it in the Scrying Workshop would be that if it's on a dragon's page I'd suspect it would need to be rendered/displayed each time a page is loaded. For every dragon being viewed at any given moment which potentially ends up being a lot of extra data getting pulled for each page view. Unless it's default hidden and only loads when clicked on. Since that name/link info can change for any non-exalted dragons I don't think a static list would be that practical, so it would likely have to check names on each page load.
If it's somewhere like the Workshop it would only have to run when someone specifically requests it for that dragon.

Though for usability for general bloodline mapping, not having it require two dragons as the assay bloodlines feature does would be important.
I was thinking more of a link to a popup one. Sort of like the button to get the codes to share dragons, there could be a 'lineage' link that gives this family tree.

For one, this would mean no more needing to input IDs into a box, you just go to the page and click the lineage button.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
No support for entire charts, as the data is massive. But I would like to see a bit more detail on the assay bloodlines page, as mentioned before.
No support for entire charts, as the data is massive. But I would like to see a bit more detail on the assay bloodlines page, as mentioned before.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
1 2