Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore questions!
1 2
Hi! I just started Flight Rising at the behest of one of my friends, and noticed that there was LORE! Being a total lore fan for pretty much everything I'm into, I read a whole bunch of it last night and have a few questions! If anyone can help me answer them, that would be awesome!

1. What role does the player take? Like, are we invisible dragons that raise a whole bunch of other dragons or something?

2. The God-Dragons made other dragons in their image, and I'm guessing that depending on which God/Clan the dragon came from is reflected in where the dragons originated. For example Snapper Dragons are from The Shattered Plain which is where the Earthshaker resides. My question is, if the Earthshaker made the Snapper Dragons, then how are they able to be a part of other clans?

3. In many of the World Map entries there are mysteries left hanging. For example, The Fortress of Ends in the Ice Place. Will these mysteries be answered in the future and will the players have any kind of involvement with finding them?

If any of these questions have already been answered, it would be awesome if someone could point me towards them! Thank you!
Hi! I just started Flight Rising at the behest of one of my friends, and noticed that there was LORE! Being a total lore fan for pretty much everything I'm into, I read a whole bunch of it last night and have a few questions! If anyone can help me answer them, that would be awesome!

1. What role does the player take? Like, are we invisible dragons that raise a whole bunch of other dragons or something?

2. The God-Dragons made other dragons in their image, and I'm guessing that depending on which God/Clan the dragon came from is reflected in where the dragons originated. For example Snapper Dragons are from The Shattered Plain which is where the Earthshaker resides. My question is, if the Earthshaker made the Snapper Dragons, then how are they able to be a part of other clans?

3. In many of the World Map entries there are mysteries left hanging. For example, The Fortress of Ends in the Ice Place. Will these mysteries be answered in the future and will the players have any kind of involvement with finding them?

If any of these questions have already been answered, it would be awesome if someone could point me towards them! Thank you!
@shatteredsanity

As far as I'm aware, there's no official Lore on what players are. I pretend that I don't actually exist, and Chert (my progenitor) makes all the major decisions for my Clan. I'm just a little anima lurking about.

Meanwhile, @LadyRowyn directly refers to herself as a "little person" who assists her progenitor in managing things.

I'm sure you can find many other creative answers to that question! And the other questions, too. Why do dragons travel? Snappers are known to travel a lot, maybe they just got spread out, had babies, and those babies took on the elemental energies of the new place. What are scrolls? There's no official Lore on scrolls, but it's fun to come up with your own answer on that.
@shatteredsanity

As far as I'm aware, there's no official Lore on what players are. I pretend that I don't actually exist, and Chert (my progenitor) makes all the major decisions for my Clan. I'm just a little anima lurking about.

Meanwhile, @LadyRowyn directly refers to herself as a "little person" who assists her progenitor in managing things.

I'm sure you can find many other creative answers to that question! And the other questions, too. Why do dragons travel? Snappers are known to travel a lot, maybe they just got spread out, had babies, and those babies took on the elemental energies of the new place. What are scrolls? There's no official Lore on scrolls, but it's fun to come up with your own answer on that.
@AlphaRaposa

Thank you for answering! I guess that it would make sense if the dragon you made was in charge of everything (I think that's what you mean by progenitor, right?).

Also, what do you mean scrolls? Sorry, like I said, I'm really new.
@AlphaRaposa

Thank you for answering! I guess that it would make sense if the dragon you made was in charge of everything (I think that's what you mean by progenitor, right?).

Also, what do you mean scrolls? Sorry, like I said, I'm really new.
My clan worship the Gladekeeper and I am merely the clan's own personal deity, one who watches over and gently guides them in the ways the Gladekeeper wants.

As for dragons originating from one land and becoming part of the clans? They simply migrated around, and since the elemental magic absorbed by the egg determines the element of the hatchlings, any dragons born outside of their home range become the element of the land. Some of these dragons would stay in the new land because it feels more comfortable for them as it shares their own element, as such new populations develop.
My clan worship the Gladekeeper and I am merely the clan's own personal deity, one who watches over and gently guides them in the ways the Gladekeeper wants.

As for dragons originating from one land and becoming part of the clans? They simply migrated around, and since the elemental magic absorbed by the egg determines the element of the hatchlings, any dragons born outside of their home range become the element of the land. Some of these dragons would stay in the new land because it feels more comfortable for them as it shares their own element, as such new populations develop.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
@ShatteredSanity

In the marketplace, in the "Specialty" section are scrolls that add genes or change the breed of your dragons. They're expensive, but allow you to take any dragon and mold it to your whims (muahahahaha). There's even a Scatterscroll that randomly changes all the colors on your dragon, so if you don't like the colors on your random progenitor (the guy/girl who showed up to see what your custom was doing), you don't have to get rid of them to get a better look.
@ShatteredSanity

In the marketplace, in the "Specialty" section are scrolls that add genes or change the breed of your dragons. They're expensive, but allow you to take any dragon and mold it to your whims (muahahahaha). There's even a Scatterscroll that randomly changes all the colors on your dragon, so if you don't like the colors on your random progenitor (the guy/girl who showed up to see what your custom was doing), you don't have to get rid of them to get a better look.
@AlphaRaposa
Ahhhh. Alright, thank you for your help!
@DragonSage
That explains the clan eye color thing! Thanks a lot!
@AlphaRaposa
Ahhhh. Alright, thank you for your help!
@DragonSage
That explains the clan eye color thing! Thanks a lot!
As others have said, there's no official lore as to what players are; my headcanon is that I'm a lares equivilent for dragons.

Dragons have the freedom to move around the world, even worshipping other deities. This makes for happier dragons, as they aren't forced to follow the general trends for their species, but to make their own way.
As others have said, there's no official lore as to what players are; my headcanon is that I'm a lares equivilent for dragons.

Dragons have the freedom to move around the world, even worshipping other deities. This makes for happier dragons, as they aren't forced to follow the general trends for their species, but to make their own way.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
@ShatteredSanity

And ''progenitor'' does indeed refer to your custom made dragon.~
The first two dragons you get at the beginning are commonly referred to as progenitors.
@ShatteredSanity

And ''progenitor'' does indeed refer to your custom made dragon.~
The first two dragons you get at the beginning are commonly referred to as progenitors.
LIo8D8G.gif
I'm a little black scorpion (due to my name) that takes care of the clan's need while my progenitor, Hues, is the chief of the clan.

You can be whatever you want to the clan. I have a few user friends that see themselves as a spirit that guides the clan while there are ones that see themselves as the sole leader but not in a dragon form.
I'm a little black scorpion (due to my name) that takes care of the clan's need while my progenitor, Hues, is the chief of the clan.

You can be whatever you want to the clan. I have a few user friends that see themselves as a spirit that guides the clan while there are ones that see themselves as the sole leader but not in a dragon form.
I have Shame humanity and put us all in Agony because of my Dream!
(Big thanks for the Quote to MythGriffin24)
agony_copy_by_scorpius02-d8cdlsm.pngshame_by_scorpius02-d8cdm6f.png
@ShatteredSanity

Honestly, in my mind, I may be some sort of voice for my clan's leader- (he's a Pearlcatcher and wasn't one originally, I feel like I'm some sort of advice thing in pearl at times lol), humans don't exist in this world any longer (that's canon according to the lore videos), but yeah. My take on it.

Well dragons breed and expand to different areas, personalities are different- just because they're the god's 'favored' breed doesn't mean they'll always be born in that element.

I hope so! But for now its more like 'what if' headcanons from players. I love trying to think about such mysteries myself (even though I've been too busy lately)
@ShatteredSanity

Honestly, in my mind, I may be some sort of voice for my clan's leader- (he's a Pearlcatcher and wasn't one originally, I feel like I'm some sort of advice thing in pearl at times lol), humans don't exist in this world any longer (that's canon according to the lore videos), but yeah. My take on it.

Well dragons breed and expand to different areas, personalities are different- just because they're the god's 'favored' breed doesn't mean they'll always be born in that element.

I hope so! But for now its more like 'what if' headcanons from players. I love trying to think about such mysteries myself (even though I've been too busy lately)
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
1 2