Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore questions!
1 2
1. Actually, if I remember correctly Undel made a post a while back saying we were our dragon clans. I'd try to find it, but no search would make it near impossible.
But the gist was we were essentially our entire clan. At once. (What was clear is dragons are not pets, they are sapient and have their own society. Humans do not exist in FR's lore, at least currently.)

So as far as my clan is concerned, there is no overriding player/force. My clan goes about their business, each dragon functioning as a member of this society, with common goals associated with Light flight's lore and our continued prosperity. If anything, I'm just a piece of this society and the dragon in my tag. She acts as the matriarch but is not in charge, just provides advice and wisdom.

2. There is no official statement on this, as far as I'm aware, but I'd imagine just because a deity made a breed that doesn't mean they control them. The dragons are made in the image of their god, but they have free will.

3. Maybe! No one knows that but the admins. There are unreleased/unfinished features though, so more information may be available when things like Adventure are done.
Or perhaps they are deliberately vague so we can make up or own lore.
1. Actually, if I remember correctly Undel made a post a while back saying we were our dragon clans. I'd try to find it, but no search would make it near impossible.
But the gist was we were essentially our entire clan. At once. (What was clear is dragons are not pets, they are sapient and have their own society. Humans do not exist in FR's lore, at least currently.)

So as far as my clan is concerned, there is no overriding player/force. My clan goes about their business, each dragon functioning as a member of this society, with common goals associated with Light flight's lore and our continued prosperity. If anything, I'm just a piece of this society and the dragon in my tag. She acts as the matriarch but is not in charge, just provides advice and wisdom.

2. There is no official statement on this, as far as I'm aware, but I'd imagine just because a deity made a breed that doesn't mean they control them. The dragons are made in the image of their god, but they have free will.

3. Maybe! No one knows that but the admins. There are unreleased/unfinished features though, so more information may be available when things like Adventure are done.
Or perhaps they are deliberately vague so we can make up or own lore.
I imagine nature flight to be pretty spiritual, so my clan have a lot of local lore regarding the presences of spirits and such. I see myself as one of those, who occasionally takes a peek into the workings of my lair or nudge my shamans in the right direction.
I imagine nature flight to be pretty spiritual, so my clan have a lot of local lore regarding the presences of spirits and such. I see myself as one of those, who occasionally takes a peek into the workings of my lair or nudge my shamans in the right direction.
1. What role does the player take? Like, are we invisible dragons that raise a whole bunch of other dragons or something?

You know I have never really given a ton of thought to this! I've never worked really hard to mentally work myself or my dragons into the lore overly much though, I must admit. I kind of think of them as "my dragons" who are part of "my clan" and that "I" have a bit of space in the Wind realm for them to live. I guess I kinda like the idea that I'm some sort of spirit guide or household deity or some kind of force of fate. Not physically present but guiding things. There is not official lore on this, and I think that's kind of great! Everyone can have their own conclusion on what they want to be to their dragons, if anything.

2. The God-Dragons made other dragons in their image, and I'm guessing that depending on which God/Clan the dragon came from is reflected in where the dragons originated. For example Snapper Dragons are from The Shattered Plain which is where the Earthshaker resides. My question is, if the Earthshaker made the Snapper Dragons, then how are they able to be a part of other clans?

I think others have already covered this pretty well but, my personal head canon is that originally things were more sectioned off. Each breed of dragon mainly hung around the region of their creating deity. Over time they spread out, either due to migrations leading them into other territories or sheer curiosity!

I like to think Wind had a big hand in stirring the pot so to speak because they are known to be travelers! I imagine them spreading out all over the place to every corner of the world. They carried stories from all the other places they had been and inspired other dragons to seek new places. I imagine they found mates and maybe carried them off with them to new places or back to their windy homeland as well.

Let's not forget that the snappers are known to be wanderers, and guardians are known to go seeking their thing to protect which could lead them to all sorts of other regions. Annnyway, point being is I imagine the dragons spread out much like humans have!

3. In many of the World Map entries there are mysteries left hanging. For example, The Fortress of Ends in the Ice Place. Will these mysteries be answered in the future and will the players have any kind of involvement with finding them?

Honestly we have no idea that I know of. I do know that eventually, once Akiri has recovered from his accident, there will be an adventure mode worked on. I don't know if anyone really knows what that entails, but who knows, maybe that sort of thing will be part of it.
1. What role does the player take? Like, are we invisible dragons that raise a whole bunch of other dragons or something?

You know I have never really given a ton of thought to this! I've never worked really hard to mentally work myself or my dragons into the lore overly much though, I must admit. I kind of think of them as "my dragons" who are part of "my clan" and that "I" have a bit of space in the Wind realm for them to live. I guess I kinda like the idea that I'm some sort of spirit guide or household deity or some kind of force of fate. Not physically present but guiding things. There is not official lore on this, and I think that's kind of great! Everyone can have their own conclusion on what they want to be to their dragons, if anything.

2. The God-Dragons made other dragons in their image, and I'm guessing that depending on which God/Clan the dragon came from is reflected in where the dragons originated. For example Snapper Dragons are from The Shattered Plain which is where the Earthshaker resides. My question is, if the Earthshaker made the Snapper Dragons, then how are they able to be a part of other clans?

I think others have already covered this pretty well but, my personal head canon is that originally things were more sectioned off. Each breed of dragon mainly hung around the region of their creating deity. Over time they spread out, either due to migrations leading them into other territories or sheer curiosity!

I like to think Wind had a big hand in stirring the pot so to speak because they are known to be travelers! I imagine them spreading out all over the place to every corner of the world. They carried stories from all the other places they had been and inspired other dragons to seek new places. I imagine they found mates and maybe carried them off with them to new places or back to their windy homeland as well.

Let's not forget that the snappers are known to be wanderers, and guardians are known to go seeking their thing to protect which could lead them to all sorts of other regions. Annnyway, point being is I imagine the dragons spread out much like humans have!

3. In many of the World Map entries there are mysteries left hanging. For example, The Fortress of Ends in the Ice Place. Will these mysteries be answered in the future and will the players have any kind of involvement with finding them?

Honestly we have no idea that I know of. I do know that eventually, once Akiri has recovered from his accident, there will be an adventure mode worked on. I don't know if anyone really knows what that entails, but who knows, maybe that sort of thing will be part of it.
GzcFsWh.pngscdzbDa.png0e2eoZr.pngqeLDcKa.png6fkzql2.pngBfosf0E.pngMfnruqM.png44BYscm.gif
I think of myself as a kind of mini-Gladekeeper. I can enter the minds of my dragons and influence their decisions. When I'm not in a dragon's mind, I live in my head mage's pearl.
I think of myself as a kind of mini-Gladekeeper. I can enter the minds of my dragons and influence their decisions. When I'm not in a dragon's mind, I live in my head mage's pearl.
tumblr_o23mwcXPEZ1u3wsjco6_250.png 4f4c01ec3fcd06d45834f28097a7fb2be50dc3cf.png dEo6ta2.png
nbZE1po.png
5iXiC8z.png
V7wUqxW.png
bYt72YT.png
jbMLSIO.png

nGKuPIQ.gif
@Ankokou I think what Undel said was that in terms of site mechanics, your username serves as your clan's name. So people interested in the lore and RP aspect could make their usernames whatever they wanted their clans' names to be. (At least, I think that was in one of the Q&A posts on the FR Tumblr?)
@Ankokou I think what Undel said was that in terms of site mechanics, your username serves as your clan's name. So people interested in the lore and RP aspect could make their usernames whatever they wanted their clans' names to be. (At least, I think that was in one of the Q&A posts on the FR Tumblr?)
T12.pngl6mtPEk.png98aej12.pngcbEt44U.pngcyrFFXk.pngo028-d03-Galactina.pngo028-d02-Galactina.pngo028-d01-Galactina.pngo388-d03-Galactina.pngo388-d02-Galactina.pngo388-d04-Galactina.pngo388-d05-Galactina.pngRcDdsyA.png
lG9UFR1.png
@Galactina
The post I am thinking of was on FR, and on a discussion about 'who are we' or something. I really wish there was an easy way to find it.
@Galactina
The post I am thinking of was on FR, and on a discussion about 'who are we' or something. I really wish there was an easy way to find it.
Awesome! Thanks for all the responses everyone! It's really interesting to read everyone's head canons 'bout what the players are.

I knew that Flight Rising was in beta, but I didn't know there was an Adventure mode planned! Sweet!
Awesome! Thanks for all the responses everyone! It's really interesting to read everyone's head canons 'bout what the players are.

I knew that Flight Rising was in beta, but I didn't know there was an Adventure mode planned! Sweet!
My headcanon about who we are is that we aren't. My username merely reflects the clan's name, and anything I do on here is the actions of one of my dragons.

I assume that, while the dragons were created in their gods' image, they are allowed to migrate freely. It is suggested in the Encyclopedia that certain breeds move around more, but all of them are free to. I think.

There are more features planned, like Adventure mode and Baldwin's Brew, so its possible that more lore and things will be added for discovery.
My headcanon about who we are is that we aren't. My username merely reflects the clan's name, and anything I do on here is the actions of one of my dragons.

I assume that, while the dragons were created in their gods' image, they are allowed to migrate freely. It is suggested in the Encyclopedia that certain breeds move around more, but all of them are free to. I think.

There are more features planned, like Adventure mode and Baldwin's Brew, so its possible that more lore and things will be added for discovery.
eSzGOae.pngCollector of Sickle Claws

Well, it's just my headcanon, but I like to believe that we're elemental spirits aligned with the Flight that our clans are in.

Like any animal, I suppose. Kind of like dogs. I mean, Labrador Retrievers originated in Newfoundland, but now they're sort of a universal concept, you know?

There used to be a thing under the "Play!" tab that was called Adventuring (or quests, can't quite remember...) that was greyed out with a "Coming soon!" sign stamped in red across it. They took it off for the time being, but I hear they're bringing it into gameplay when registration is open permanently. So...maybe! ^~^

Well, it's just my headcanon, but I like to believe that we're elemental spirits aligned with the Flight that our clans are in.

Like any animal, I suppose. Kind of like dogs. I mean, Labrador Retrievers originated in Newfoundland, but now they're sort of a universal concept, you know?

There used to be a thing under the "Play!" tab that was called Adventuring (or quests, can't quite remember...) that was greyed out with a "Coming soon!" sign stamped in red across it. They took it off for the time being, but I hear they're bringing it into gameplay when registration is open permanently. So...maybe! ^~^
B6ve782.gif
1. I have a similar headcanon as most people. However, I sort of... switch between things when I imagine what I am doing as a player. For the most part, I am the clan as a whole. So, if I decide to move my dragons around, it's either: a) the clan leader, Envy, who is also the progen, (she is displayed in my avatar) ordered them to move, or b), they moved out of their own free will. When it fits into the personal lore of my own clan, I may imagine myself as a spirit or some sort of force giving out advice to the clan members.

2. Like most people, I think of it like this: The deities were all born from large amounts of magic, and were very similar at birth. But then, as they spent their time in different places and absorbed the elemental energy of the area, they became radically different. The first 4 were like that at least. The others were probably similar, but absorbed energy much quicker, and were born unique. I think dragons may be the same way, but less... impressionable? So the eggs are all the same when they are laid, and they begin to "adapt" to their surroundings, changing their looks, and the hatchling inside. The hatchling wants to stay in this area.

3. As you may have noticed, many parts of the lore (for the species for example) have been left out. For now, all we can do is speculate!
1. I have a similar headcanon as most people. However, I sort of... switch between things when I imagine what I am doing as a player. For the most part, I am the clan as a whole. So, if I decide to move my dragons around, it's either: a) the clan leader, Envy, who is also the progen, (she is displayed in my avatar) ordered them to move, or b), they moved out of their own free will. When it fits into the personal lore of my own clan, I may imagine myself as a spirit or some sort of force giving out advice to the clan members.

2. Like most people, I think of it like this: The deities were all born from large amounts of magic, and were very similar at birth. But then, as they spent their time in different places and absorbed the elemental energy of the area, they became radically different. The first 4 were like that at least. The others were probably similar, but absorbed energy much quicker, and were born unique. I think dragons may be the same way, but less... impressionable? So the eggs are all the same when they are laid, and they begin to "adapt" to their surroundings, changing their looks, and the hatchling inside. The hatchling wants to stay in this area.

3. As you may have noticed, many parts of the lore (for the species for example) have been left out. For now, all we can do is speculate!
tumblr_oo2jy3Tl6r1tsrduio1_500.png
1 2