Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Sornieth City: Echoes in the Dark
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
@Claudea

Ooooh okay! So Ombra people are basically gijinka-like?
@Claudea

Ooooh okay! So Ombra people are basically gijinka-like?
ck2CMHK.gif
@Skyeset

That's not a bad way to describe them!

=ouo=
@Skyeset

That's not a bad way to describe them!

=ouo=
Ex5pnCI.png
@Claudea
Just popping my head in to catch up on things as I realised it's months since I last logged in, great to see all these pings! You've made so much progress! =O Very much enjoying these last few updates, feels like things are starting to come together =D
@Claudea
Just popping my head in to catch up on things as I realised it's months since I last logged in, great to see all these pings! You've made so much progress! =O Very much enjoying these last few updates, feels like things are starting to come together =D
SUFoHqb.gif
@Severing

Hey there! Good to see you and glad you're enjoying the updates! Yes, now is the time to slowly bring the threads together and start weaving the great pattern. At least I'm trying lol.

=ouo=
@Severing

Hey there! Good to see you and glad you're enjoying the updates! Yes, now is the time to slowly bring the threads together and start weaving the great pattern. At least I'm trying lol.

=ouo=
Ex5pnCI.png
Ping list plz
Ping list plz
@MurEyeUh

Hello there, thanks for stopping by! Added to the pinglist!

=ouo=
@MurEyeUh

Hello there, thanks for stopping by! Added to the pinglist!

=ouo=
Ex5pnCI.png
~ Page Forty-Six~

. . . . . . .“That . . . makes no sense,” said Silus.
. . . . . . .“You think?” Siofra replied wryly. She was uncomfortable now. Very uncomfortable. The dark of the room reacted to her discomfort, pressing in on them all, threatening. Einarr had unobtrusively, as unobtrusive as he could be, picked up a chair and brought it next to her. Sitting at her side, he then reached out and delicately touched her hand. She drew back for a moment, then slid her fingers between his. The darkness seemed to settle slightly.
. . . . . . .“Did Dahlia tell you why they want that?” Fromelda asked. She had to push her. The back of Fromelda’s neck was starting to prickle. A warning. Something was coming. They couldn’t stay in there much longer.
. . . . . . .“I’m the ‘key’ to their happiness, apparently. She’s said they need me. They want me. That they love me.” Siofra practically spat that last verb. “Sister. That’s what she calls me. We’re cut from the same cloth, she’ll tell me. They understand me, understand the . . . the darkness in my heart. Like they ever could. My darkness is my own. They know nothing of it. I don’t know what it is they think they’ll get from me, but they won’t be successful.”
. . . . . . .“Never,” Einarr said, reassuring.
. . . . . . .“Key to their happiness. Mmmm. Uhh . . . huh.” Fromelda had to stop herself from running tired fingers through her neatly done hair. “I think I’m even more confused now.”
. . . . . . .“Additional data is required. For now, we should continue with the plan we’ve laid out. We will follow the lines of the prophecy. If Miss Sheedy is ‘key’ to Ombra’s plans, then we will remove her to slow them down. As in, remove to a safe location,” Silus added at a raised eyebrow from Siofra.
. . . . . . .“This is my club. They’ll swarm it if I leave,” Siofra started.
. . . . . . .“They’re already swarming,” Fromelda said. The prickling was worse. She was starting to sweat. “Come on kid, you really wanna stay here alone? With the things that Ombra witch has been saying? What if we come back to check on you and you just aren’t here? Poof! Whisked off, gone like all those other missing dragons. Things are happening. I couldn’t tell you for spit what. Yet. But it’s begun. We need to get you somewhere safe.”
. . . . . . .Releasing a frustrated sigh, Siofra said, “I guess. I-!”
. . . . . . .KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.
. . . . . . .They all froze. The knocks cut through the muffled air; precise, deliberate. There was a pause. None of them even breathed. The knocks came again. Five knocks, exactly the same. Then a voice broke through, so clear and so loud it could’ve been in the room already. There was no mistaking that voice.
. . . . . . .“Siofra. Sister, dear, let me in.”
. . . . . . .The shadows suddenly swept in. They wrapped around the four of them, pressing in tight, blocking out all light. Except Fromelda could still see the others. Nothing else, but it was if the shadows made sure she could see them. Siofra stood without making a sound. Her hand squeezed Einarr’s tight, briefly, then let go. She beckoned wordlessly to them. She’d obviously made her choice. There was no comfort staying here anymore, with Dahlia Ombra at the door.
. . . . . . .Siofra retreated to the back of the room and they followed. Fromelda assumed it was the back. She’d put her mask back on, and she couldn’t see a blazing thing besides Siofra and the boys. Amazingly she didn’t knock over any furniture. Siofra reached into the dark, and as if she’d shaped it from the shadows, a hole appeared. Somehow it was even darker than everything else. Siofra bent slightly and stepped in. With a little effort, Einarr squeezed in next, then Silus, and Fromelda brought up the rear. It was a tunnel, lightless of course. Fromelda hesitated just inside, making sure the entrance shut tight.
. . . . . . .There were only a few inches of the hole left as it swirled shut. There was a rustling. And then a mask thrust itself up to the hole. Too big to fit through, it could only watch it shut. The blank eyes met Fromelda’s from within that oval of startlingly white and curling red. Nothing came through that hole, no spell, no weapon. And yet Fromelda lurched backwards, her body reeling as if it’d been struck. Her stomach erupted. A thousand frozen knives ripped through her, melting, writhing under her skin.
. . . . . . .Despite the pain Fromelda found the strength to fumble to her knees and up again. The four of them scrambled down into the dark. Not far behind they could hear banging, the Ombra breaking their way in. The tunnel twisted this way and that, branching off into the never-ending dark. But Siofra led on, certain of her path. Fromelda bit down on her lip until it bled. She focused on one thing and one thing only to keep her going: out, out of the dark, out of the dark.

A page for you guys! I imagine Mrs. Dahlia Ombra has a very lovely voice, very pretty. Seems silly to run away when it calls to you. :3

Pinglist
@Hinumi
@Beatoriche
@Severing
@Skyeset
@Khyra
@Polymorphus
@StrykeSlammerII
@DreamerRho
@MurEyeUh
~ Page Forty-Six~

. . . . . . .“That . . . makes no sense,” said Silus.
. . . . . . .“You think?” Siofra replied wryly. She was uncomfortable now. Very uncomfortable. The dark of the room reacted to her discomfort, pressing in on them all, threatening. Einarr had unobtrusively, as unobtrusive as he could be, picked up a chair and brought it next to her. Sitting at her side, he then reached out and delicately touched her hand. She drew back for a moment, then slid her fingers between his. The darkness seemed to settle slightly.
. . . . . . .“Did Dahlia tell you why they want that?” Fromelda asked. She had to push her. The back of Fromelda’s neck was starting to prickle. A warning. Something was coming. They couldn’t stay in there much longer.
. . . . . . .“I’m the ‘key’ to their happiness, apparently. She’s said they need me. They want me. That they love me.” Siofra practically spat that last verb. “Sister. That’s what she calls me. We’re cut from the same cloth, she’ll tell me. They understand me, understand the . . . the darkness in my heart. Like they ever could. My darkness is my own. They know nothing of it. I don’t know what it is they think they’ll get from me, but they won’t be successful.”
. . . . . . .“Never,” Einarr said, reassuring.
. . . . . . .“Key to their happiness. Mmmm. Uhh . . . huh.” Fromelda had to stop herself from running tired fingers through her neatly done hair. “I think I’m even more confused now.”
. . . . . . .“Additional data is required. For now, we should continue with the plan we’ve laid out. We will follow the lines of the prophecy. If Miss Sheedy is ‘key’ to Ombra’s plans, then we will remove her to slow them down. As in, remove to a safe location,” Silus added at a raised eyebrow from Siofra.
. . . . . . .“This is my club. They’ll swarm it if I leave,” Siofra started.
. . . . . . .“They’re already swarming,” Fromelda said. The prickling was worse. She was starting to sweat. “Come on kid, you really wanna stay here alone? With the things that Ombra witch has been saying? What if we come back to check on you and you just aren’t here? Poof! Whisked off, gone like all those other missing dragons. Things are happening. I couldn’t tell you for spit what. Yet. But it’s begun. We need to get you somewhere safe.”
. . . . . . .Releasing a frustrated sigh, Siofra said, “I guess. I-!”
. . . . . . .KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.
. . . . . . .They all froze. The knocks cut through the muffled air; precise, deliberate. There was a pause. None of them even breathed. The knocks came again. Five knocks, exactly the same. Then a voice broke through, so clear and so loud it could’ve been in the room already. There was no mistaking that voice.
. . . . . . .“Siofra. Sister, dear, let me in.”
. . . . . . .The shadows suddenly swept in. They wrapped around the four of them, pressing in tight, blocking out all light. Except Fromelda could still see the others. Nothing else, but it was if the shadows made sure she could see them. Siofra stood without making a sound. Her hand squeezed Einarr’s tight, briefly, then let go. She beckoned wordlessly to them. She’d obviously made her choice. There was no comfort staying here anymore, with Dahlia Ombra at the door.
. . . . . . .Siofra retreated to the back of the room and they followed. Fromelda assumed it was the back. She’d put her mask back on, and she couldn’t see a blazing thing besides Siofra and the boys. Amazingly she didn’t knock over any furniture. Siofra reached into the dark, and as if she’d shaped it from the shadows, a hole appeared. Somehow it was even darker than everything else. Siofra bent slightly and stepped in. With a little effort, Einarr squeezed in next, then Silus, and Fromelda brought up the rear. It was a tunnel, lightless of course. Fromelda hesitated just inside, making sure the entrance shut tight.
. . . . . . .There were only a few inches of the hole left as it swirled shut. There was a rustling. And then a mask thrust itself up to the hole. Too big to fit through, it could only watch it shut. The blank eyes met Fromelda’s from within that oval of startlingly white and curling red. Nothing came through that hole, no spell, no weapon. And yet Fromelda lurched backwards, her body reeling as if it’d been struck. Her stomach erupted. A thousand frozen knives ripped through her, melting, writhing under her skin.
. . . . . . .Despite the pain Fromelda found the strength to fumble to her knees and up again. The four of them scrambled down into the dark. Not far behind they could hear banging, the Ombra breaking their way in. The tunnel twisted this way and that, branching off into the never-ending dark. But Siofra led on, certain of her path. Fromelda bit down on her lip until it bled. She focused on one thing and one thing only to keep her going: out, out of the dark, out of the dark.

A page for you guys! I imagine Mrs. Dahlia Ombra has a very lovely voice, very pretty. Seems silly to run away when it calls to you. :3

Pinglist
@Hinumi
@Beatoriche
@Severing
@Skyeset
@Khyra
@Polymorphus
@StrykeSlammerII
@DreamerRho
@MurEyeUh
Ex5pnCI.png
Will get Linda and Siofra sketches out soon I think. I'm using the same reference so that's easier lol. Let me know if you guys want anyone or anything else sketched out sooner.

=ouo=
Will get Linda and Siofra sketches out soon I think. I'm using the same reference so that's easier lol. Let me know if you guys want anyone or anything else sketched out sooner.

=ouo=
Ex5pnCI.png
@Claudea

oh man!!! this is so rad, could you please add me to the pinglist?
@Claudea

oh man!!! this is so rad, could you please add me to the pinglist?
mISblcI.gif BiHQB8U.png doozi - she/they
BiHQB8U.png lore thread (old) - adopts - fr tumblr
BiHQB8U.png くコ:彡*:・゚✧*・゚
@girlgirlDragon

Absolutely, thanks so much for stopping by!

=ouo=
@girlgirlDragon

Absolutely, thanks so much for stopping by!

=ouo=
Ex5pnCI.png
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14