Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Sornieth City: Echoes in the Dark
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14
@DreamerRho

Thank you kindly! Added you to the list.

=ouo=
@DreamerRho

Thank you kindly! Added you to the list.

=ouo=
Ex5pnCI.png
~ Page Forty~

. . . . . . .In the aftermath of words so heavy the air sank with them, Fromelda spoke first. “Well. That’s helpful.”
. . . . . . .Gwendolyn gave her a look that Fromelda gladly returned.
. . . . . . .“While it is . . . descriptive, it doesn’t offer much direction,” said Silus, frowning.
. . . . . . .“It doesn’t offer any!” Fromelda tossed her cup onto a table, wincing at an accidental twist of her middle. “What the blazes are we supposed to do with rabble like that? Make a song out of it? What does that have to do with the missing dragons? With Ombra, or Ricky? Anything?”
. . . . . . .With infuriating aplomb, Tidus spread his hands and said, “My business is making prophecies, not unraveling them.”
. . . . . . .Fromelda scowled as Silus interjected, “It’s a riddle, that’s obvious. There is an objective to it: repairing something that’s broken. But the problem is knowing what that is.”
. . . . . . .“Do I get a guess?” Fromelda piped up. “My guess is a spoon. Definitely a spoon. Let’s begin a city wide search immediately.”
. . . . . . .Gwendolyn rolled her eyes. “Must you be facetious?”
. . . . . . .“Forgive me if I’m a little cranky,” Fromelda snapped. “Near-death experiences will do that to me. And none of this malarky is helping.”
. . . . . . .“Well, do you have any suggestions on what to do next?” asked Gwendolyn. She rose, poured another cup of tea and pressed it into Fromelda’s hands. “You’ve been labeled a criminal in your own city, and its most powerful citizen now has his sights on your neck.”
. . . . . . .“I have a few ideas,” Fromelda muttered.
. . . . . . .“Going after Daedalus directly, at this stage, is not advisable,” said Silus, reading Fromelda’s mind. “Tidus, you must be capable of providing more information. We don’t have enough data to even create a starting grid.”
. . . . . . .Having watched the previous exchange with some amusement, Tidus said, “I may have an idea, perhaps.”
. . . . . . .“We await in breathless anticipation,” Fromelda said.
. . . . . . .“Drink your tea and be still,” Gwendolyn snapped. “Go on, Tidus.”
. . . . . . .After collecting his thoughts, Tidus said, “I am unable to explain the ‘broken’ object. I feel, rather strongly, as if I should know it. But that answer is clouded, cut off from my sight. I am certain, however, that the inclusion of various elements are key.”
. . . . . . .“Elements. ‘Shadows’, ‘earth’, ‘flame’, yes? Like the magical energies of Sornieth,” said Gwendolyn.
. . . . . . .“That seems apt,” said Silus. “The ‘eleven’ is often used to refer to the elemental lords also.”
. . . . . . .“The gods?” Fromelda scoffed. “If we’re waiting on them to do something, to ‘rise’, we’re outta luck. Gods are great and all, but they’re gods. They’ll change the very fabric of the world if they feel like it. Or more likely, as they’ve done for forever, they’ll sit smugly silent wherever gods sit and do nothing.”
. . . . . . .Silus had folded his arms and was thinking hard. “It might not refer to such theoretical beings. The eleven elements are tangible, applicable energies. Objects, perhaps dragons, or power.”
. . . . . . .“I am certain the ‘eleven’ are individuals,” said Tidus.
. . . . . . .“I’m not sure I trust your certainty,” was Fromelda’s opinion.
. . . . . . .“If the eleven are individual dragons, how would we find them?” Gwendolyn wondered. “Sornieth’s population isn’t exactly small.”
. . . . . . .“We four are the start,” Tidus said.
. . . . . . .Fromelda and Silus stared at him. Even Gwendolyn, willingly listening to his thoughts before, seemed uncertain. “I, we’re in your vision? I would’ve appreciated knowing before, Tidus.”
. . . . . . .“This is not a vision, not as I normally see it,” he replied. “A simple, certain knowing. An inevitable sense of dread. But, despite the pressure on time itself growing, I feel the dread easing. Whenever I’m with Gwendolyn, and even moreso now with you two. I am certain of our part in this unavoidable path.”
. . . . . . .“Again, you haven’t answered my most glaring question,” Fromelda said. “How does any of this help?”
. . . . . . .“To find the missing dragons, the prophecy must be resolved. Whatever that outcome may be,” said Tidus.
. . . . . . .Fromelda sighed. She was too tired to keep going in circles.
. . . . . . .“This vagueness is very improper,” said Silus. “But following this, admittedly feeble, thread, may be our best course of action. A feint. Let Daedalus think you're either dead, or pressured into hiding, Fromelda.”
. . . . . . .“The Admins assume dead,” said Gwendolyn. “But they're watchful nonetheless. I wouldn't trust that Ombra thinks the same. A dragon like Daedalus is all patience, and persistence. It's safest to reckon he’ll want to finish the job he started. Convincing the Admins of her fault and his innocence leaves Fromelda with few places to hide. You’ll have to be cautious as well, Silus.”
. . . . . . .Silus nodded. “The Admins haven't connected the two of us, otherwise they'd be fully investigating my tower by now. Daedalus, without a single shred of doubt, connects the two of us. The correlation is obvious from that night. Otherwise why would I have pulled Fromelda from the river, and coincidentally in the nick of time.”
. . . . . . .“If I can’t go after Daedalus, and I can’t go to the Admins, what the blazes am I supposed to do then?” Fromelda complained.
. . . . . . .Tidus blinked at her and said, “The prophecy must be fulfilled. The others must be found.”

Friday post, friends! On and on we go. I'm not very good at subtle prophecies, lawl. What I do have a good time with is villains. We shall see soon.
Anyway, got a Fromelda almost done. No colors, just getting shapes down. Will be the next post!

Pinglist
@Hinumi
@Beatoriche
@Severing
@Skyeset
@Khyra
@Polymorphus
@StrykeSlammerII
~ Page Forty~

. . . . . . .In the aftermath of words so heavy the air sank with them, Fromelda spoke first. “Well. That’s helpful.”
. . . . . . .Gwendolyn gave her a look that Fromelda gladly returned.
. . . . . . .“While it is . . . descriptive, it doesn’t offer much direction,” said Silus, frowning.
. . . . . . .“It doesn’t offer any!” Fromelda tossed her cup onto a table, wincing at an accidental twist of her middle. “What the blazes are we supposed to do with rabble like that? Make a song out of it? What does that have to do with the missing dragons? With Ombra, or Ricky? Anything?”
. . . . . . .With infuriating aplomb, Tidus spread his hands and said, “My business is making prophecies, not unraveling them.”
. . . . . . .Fromelda scowled as Silus interjected, “It’s a riddle, that’s obvious. There is an objective to it: repairing something that’s broken. But the problem is knowing what that is.”
. . . . . . .“Do I get a guess?” Fromelda piped up. “My guess is a spoon. Definitely a spoon. Let’s begin a city wide search immediately.”
. . . . . . .Gwendolyn rolled her eyes. “Must you be facetious?”
. . . . . . .“Forgive me if I’m a little cranky,” Fromelda snapped. “Near-death experiences will do that to me. And none of this malarky is helping.”
. . . . . . .“Well, do you have any suggestions on what to do next?” asked Gwendolyn. She rose, poured another cup of tea and pressed it into Fromelda’s hands. “You’ve been labeled a criminal in your own city, and its most powerful citizen now has his sights on your neck.”
. . . . . . .“I have a few ideas,” Fromelda muttered.
. . . . . . .“Going after Daedalus directly, at this stage, is not advisable,” said Silus, reading Fromelda’s mind. “Tidus, you must be capable of providing more information. We don’t have enough data to even create a starting grid.”
. . . . . . .Having watched the previous exchange with some amusement, Tidus said, “I may have an idea, perhaps.”
. . . . . . .“We await in breathless anticipation,” Fromelda said.
. . . . . . .“Drink your tea and be still,” Gwendolyn snapped. “Go on, Tidus.”
. . . . . . .After collecting his thoughts, Tidus said, “I am unable to explain the ‘broken’ object. I feel, rather strongly, as if I should know it. But that answer is clouded, cut off from my sight. I am certain, however, that the inclusion of various elements are key.”
. . . . . . .“Elements. ‘Shadows’, ‘earth’, ‘flame’, yes? Like the magical energies of Sornieth,” said Gwendolyn.
. . . . . . .“That seems apt,” said Silus. “The ‘eleven’ is often used to refer to the elemental lords also.”
. . . . . . .“The gods?” Fromelda scoffed. “If we’re waiting on them to do something, to ‘rise’, we’re outta luck. Gods are great and all, but they’re gods. They’ll change the very fabric of the world if they feel like it. Or more likely, as they’ve done for forever, they’ll sit smugly silent wherever gods sit and do nothing.”
. . . . . . .Silus had folded his arms and was thinking hard. “It might not refer to such theoretical beings. The eleven elements are tangible, applicable energies. Objects, perhaps dragons, or power.”
. . . . . . .“I am certain the ‘eleven’ are individuals,” said Tidus.
. . . . . . .“I’m not sure I trust your certainty,” was Fromelda’s opinion.
. . . . . . .“If the eleven are individual dragons, how would we find them?” Gwendolyn wondered. “Sornieth’s population isn’t exactly small.”
. . . . . . .“We four are the start,” Tidus said.
. . . . . . .Fromelda and Silus stared at him. Even Gwendolyn, willingly listening to his thoughts before, seemed uncertain. “I, we’re in your vision? I would’ve appreciated knowing before, Tidus.”
. . . . . . .“This is not a vision, not as I normally see it,” he replied. “A simple, certain knowing. An inevitable sense of dread. But, despite the pressure on time itself growing, I feel the dread easing. Whenever I’m with Gwendolyn, and even moreso now with you two. I am certain of our part in this unavoidable path.”
. . . . . . .“Again, you haven’t answered my most glaring question,” Fromelda said. “How does any of this help?”
. . . . . . .“To find the missing dragons, the prophecy must be resolved. Whatever that outcome may be,” said Tidus.
. . . . . . .Fromelda sighed. She was too tired to keep going in circles.
. . . . . . .“This vagueness is very improper,” said Silus. “But following this, admittedly feeble, thread, may be our best course of action. A feint. Let Daedalus think you're either dead, or pressured into hiding, Fromelda.”
. . . . . . .“The Admins assume dead,” said Gwendolyn. “But they're watchful nonetheless. I wouldn't trust that Ombra thinks the same. A dragon like Daedalus is all patience, and persistence. It's safest to reckon he’ll want to finish the job he started. Convincing the Admins of her fault and his innocence leaves Fromelda with few places to hide. You’ll have to be cautious as well, Silus.”
. . . . . . .Silus nodded. “The Admins haven't connected the two of us, otherwise they'd be fully investigating my tower by now. Daedalus, without a single shred of doubt, connects the two of us. The correlation is obvious from that night. Otherwise why would I have pulled Fromelda from the river, and coincidentally in the nick of time.”
. . . . . . .“If I can’t go after Daedalus, and I can’t go to the Admins, what the blazes am I supposed to do then?” Fromelda complained.
. . . . . . .Tidus blinked at her and said, “The prophecy must be fulfilled. The others must be found.”

Friday post, friends! On and on we go. I'm not very good at subtle prophecies, lawl. What I do have a good time with is villains. We shall see soon.
Anyway, got a Fromelda almost done. No colors, just getting shapes down. Will be the next post!

Pinglist
@Hinumi
@Beatoriche
@Severing
@Skyeset
@Khyra
@Polymorphus
@StrykeSlammerII
Ex5pnCI.png
@Duchess
This was a pleasant surprise to see when idly logging back in! Haven't time to read through all I've missed right this second, but will come back to it for sure ^^ (Also reminder to self that I'm up to p38 =P)
@Duchess
This was a pleasant surprise to see when idly logging back in! Haven't time to read through all I've missed right this second, but will come back to it for sure ^^ (Also reminder to self that I'm up to p38 =P)
SUFoHqb.gif
@Severing

Thanks for stopping in! You hit a good time, I'm actually in an art mood too so am working on adding pics for each major character. Hotmom is soon, I'm mostly done with it just futzing with hands (I hate drawing hands).

=ouo=
@Severing

Thanks for stopping in! You hit a good time, I'm actually in an art mood too so am working on adding pics for each major character. Hotmom is soon, I'm mostly done with it just futzing with hands (I hate drawing hands).

=ouo=
Ex5pnCI.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ZsBUUrA.png[/img] [i]"Now don't be such an old fusspot, Sparky-boy."[/i] ------------------------------------------[/center] I said I'd post a Fromelda pic and look I ACTUALLY did! Improvement! Little messy, and I totally got frustrated with that hand and gave up, but I really like the way this turned out. I think it's my favorite piece of Fromelda I've ever done, even without colors. Anyway, page later this week! Pinglist @Hinumi @Beatoriche @Severing @Skyeset @Khyra @Polymorphus @StrykeSlammerII @DreamerRho
ZsBUUrA.png

"Now don't be such an old fusspot, Sparky-boy."

I said I'd post a Fromelda pic and look I ACTUALLY did! Improvement! Little messy, and I totally got frustrated with that hand and gave up, but I really like the way this turned out. I think it's my favorite piece of Fromelda I've ever done, even without colors. Anyway, page later this week!

Pinglist
@Hinumi
@Beatoriche
@Severing
@Skyeset
@Khyra
@Polymorphus
@StrykeSlammerII
@DreamerRho
Ex5pnCI.png
~ Page Forty-One~

. . . . . . .Gwendolyn tilted her head thoughtfully. “Others like us?”
. . . . . . .Tidus nodded. “You all must’ve noticed. Haven't you? We four are rather . . . odd, aren’t we?” Tidus lifted a hand, turning it this way and that, examining it. “Dragons have certain traits, certain defining features. Scales, feathers, fur, wings. And yet we don’t. Not long ago I caught my own reflection in the glass, and said to myself, ‘Who is that? What are you?’ Like I was seeing myself for the first time. Do you not ask yourselves the same questions?”
. . . . . . .For once, Fromelda had nothing smarmy to say. She remained silent, not wanting to admit she’d experienced the same thoughts more than once, staring at herself in the mirror.
. . . . . . .Tidus looked to Silus and asked, “You, a being of questions and persistence, have you not asked this of yourself? Have you not tested and experimented and discovered everything there is to know about your own being? Questioned the shapes we have, so different from our fellow dragons?”
. . . . . . .“I am what I am. I see no reason to,” Silus answered. A rather lame answer, and wholly unlike him.
. . . . . . .Folding his hands back in his lap, Tidus continued, “It seems we are unique, the four of us. And I believe we each apply to a part of this prophecy. The thunder, and the flame, the blossom and the water.” Tidus tilted his head towards each of them. “And the fact that we four are here, together, at this crucial moment, should be proof enough.”
. . . . . . .Gwendolyn shifted a little in her seat, muttering, “Withered blossom? There’s nothing withered about me.”
. . . . . . .Weary, and fighting a nagging sense of powerlessness, Fromelda gave in. “Fine. Others then. Well I can think of another us right off: Linda.”
. . . . . . .“I agree. Her parameters match. No wings nor scales. Hair instead of fur or feathers. Consistent upright position.” Silus paused, frowning. “It pains me to admit that I've dismissed these very un-dragonlike characteristics in the past. An undesirable decision.”
. . . . . . .“I’ll talk to her, though I’m not exactly sure what I’ll tell her we’re doing,” Fromelda said. She stood up, faster than she should’ve.
. . . . . . .Silus rose alongside her and perfunctorily steadying her elbow. “You’re rapport with her is well-known. The Admins will have questioned her already in search of you, and will likely monitor her closely. Approaching her openly is ill-advised.”
. . . . . . .That sense of powerlessness cramped tighter in Fromelda’s chest, warping under hidden worries. “They aren’t the only ones who’ll know. Linda’s my secretary, she has access to everything I’ve worked on during this case. The only thing she doesn’t know is how deep Ombra’s dug in. But Ombra won’t realize that. If Daedalus was willing to kill me, Linda might be in danger too.”
. . . . . . .Silus’s mouth pinched. “Highly probable.”
. . . . . . .“You must focus on the others,” Tidus pressed. “Miss Glisten will not be the hardest of the prophesied eleven to convince.”
. . . . . . .“I’ll go,” Gwendolyn offered, cutting off Fromelda’s brimming retort. “No one will think I’m bringing her details of you, of all dragons. I’ll warn her.”
. . . . . . .“Then Fromelda and I will proceed to the next objective. Miss Linda, easily identifiable as the ‘sun’, leaves us with six more to find,” said Silus.
. . . . . . .With a grinding of her teeth, Fromelda said, “And I know just who to start with.”

Whoop, sorry guys, been a bit busy, got a promotion, trying to learn how to assistant-manager lol. Here's a page for you!

Pinglist
@Hinumi
@Beatoriche
@Severing
@Skyeset
@Khyra
@Polymorphus
@StrykeSlammerII
@DreamerRho
~ Page Forty-One~

. . . . . . .Gwendolyn tilted her head thoughtfully. “Others like us?”
. . . . . . .Tidus nodded. “You all must’ve noticed. Haven't you? We four are rather . . . odd, aren’t we?” Tidus lifted a hand, turning it this way and that, examining it. “Dragons have certain traits, certain defining features. Scales, feathers, fur, wings. And yet we don’t. Not long ago I caught my own reflection in the glass, and said to myself, ‘Who is that? What are you?’ Like I was seeing myself for the first time. Do you not ask yourselves the same questions?”
. . . . . . .For once, Fromelda had nothing smarmy to say. She remained silent, not wanting to admit she’d experienced the same thoughts more than once, staring at herself in the mirror.
. . . . . . .Tidus looked to Silus and asked, “You, a being of questions and persistence, have you not asked this of yourself? Have you not tested and experimented and discovered everything there is to know about your own being? Questioned the shapes we have, so different from our fellow dragons?”
. . . . . . .“I am what I am. I see no reason to,” Silus answered. A rather lame answer, and wholly unlike him.
. . . . . . .Folding his hands back in his lap, Tidus continued, “It seems we are unique, the four of us. And I believe we each apply to a part of this prophecy. The thunder, and the flame, the blossom and the water.” Tidus tilted his head towards each of them. “And the fact that we four are here, together, at this crucial moment, should be proof enough.”
. . . . . . .Gwendolyn shifted a little in her seat, muttering, “Withered blossom? There’s nothing withered about me.”
. . . . . . .Weary, and fighting a nagging sense of powerlessness, Fromelda gave in. “Fine. Others then. Well I can think of another us right off: Linda.”
. . . . . . .“I agree. Her parameters match. No wings nor scales. Hair instead of fur or feathers. Consistent upright position.” Silus paused, frowning. “It pains me to admit that I've dismissed these very un-dragonlike characteristics in the past. An undesirable decision.”
. . . . . . .“I’ll talk to her, though I’m not exactly sure what I’ll tell her we’re doing,” Fromelda said. She stood up, faster than she should’ve.
. . . . . . .Silus rose alongside her and perfunctorily steadying her elbow. “You’re rapport with her is well-known. The Admins will have questioned her already in search of you, and will likely monitor her closely. Approaching her openly is ill-advised.”
. . . . . . .That sense of powerlessness cramped tighter in Fromelda’s chest, warping under hidden worries. “They aren’t the only ones who’ll know. Linda’s my secretary, she has access to everything I’ve worked on during this case. The only thing she doesn’t know is how deep Ombra’s dug in. But Ombra won’t realize that. If Daedalus was willing to kill me, Linda might be in danger too.”
. . . . . . .Silus’s mouth pinched. “Highly probable.”
. . . . . . .“You must focus on the others,” Tidus pressed. “Miss Glisten will not be the hardest of the prophesied eleven to convince.”
. . . . . . .“I’ll go,” Gwendolyn offered, cutting off Fromelda’s brimming retort. “No one will think I’m bringing her details of you, of all dragons. I’ll warn her.”
. . . . . . .“Then Fromelda and I will proceed to the next objective. Miss Linda, easily identifiable as the ‘sun’, leaves us with six more to find,” said Silus.
. . . . . . .With a grinding of her teeth, Fromelda said, “And I know just who to start with.”

Whoop, sorry guys, been a bit busy, got a promotion, trying to learn how to assistant-manager lol. Here's a page for you!

Pinglist
@Hinumi
@Beatoriche
@Severing
@Skyeset
@Khyra
@Polymorphus
@StrykeSlammerII
@DreamerRho
Ex5pnCI.png
Ugh, I have severe writer's block right now. At least I have some pages backlogged for posting lol.
Ugh, I have severe writer's block right now. At least I have some pages backlogged for posting lol.
Ex5pnCI.png
@Claudea just popping in to say thanks for the update and grats on the promotion! :D
@Claudea just popping in to say thanks for the update and grats on the promotion! :D
~~ Call me Beato!
MUYNhfy.png
v2PJF9u.png
Aswnqzl.png

FObX7rS.png
7UXlQKU.gif
WyzHFF3.gif glnLzx2.gif WyzHFF3.gif wtae0IEm_o.pngxb40JV1.png
@Beatoriche

Thank you very much!

=ouo=
@Beatoriche

Thank you very much!

=ouo=
Ex5pnCI.png
I think I think..... Silus is next on the art list. I have found inspiration.

=ouo=
I think I think..... Silus is next on the art list. I have found inspiration.

=ouo=
Ex5pnCI.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14