Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any MOTHER / Earthbound fans?
1 2 3
@Sukram

Lucky! Neither of my parents played many video games when they were younger, so any console we had was because I asked for it XD. Happy Happy Village definitely was a trip though, I was actually unnerved lol. Good luck! The boss there thankfully is kind of a push-over (or at least, I remember it being relatively easy).
@Sukram

Lucky! Neither of my parents played many video games when they were younger, so any console we had was because I asked for it XD. Happy Happy Village definitely was a trip though, I was actually unnerved lol. Good luck! The boss there thankfully is kind of a push-over (or at least, I remember it being relatively easy).
giphy.gif
@reikon
yes! My parents arent into videogames very much, my dad is, but my mom is not, but, surprisngly enough, all our old consoles are my mom's!
now all my consoles are mine. we have the wii through the switch. i really hope they release some sort of Mother trilogy for the switch, i do not know if virtual console will be coming out for it though :(
We had Wave Race 64 for the wii virutal console, but we lost our wii when we moved.
@reikon
yes! My parents arent into videogames very much, my dad is, but my mom is not, but, surprisngly enough, all our old consoles are my mom's!
now all my consoles are mine. we have the wii through the switch. i really hope they release some sort of Mother trilogy for the switch, i do not know if virtual console will be coming out for it though :(
We had Wave Race 64 for the wii virutal console, but we lost our wii when we moved.
wSynOl9.gif
@Sukram

Sadly, Nintendo released a statement some time ago saying that they have no plans for Virtual Console on the Switch :C. it really sucks honestly. It would be cool if they released all three games together as a bundle! I'd absolutely pay for that. I still haven't figured out why they refuse to localize MOTHER 3...
@Sukram

Sadly, Nintendo released a statement some time ago saying that they have no plans for Virtual Console on the Switch :C. it really sucks honestly. It would be cool if they released all three games together as a bundle! I'd absolutely pay for that. I still haven't figured out why they refuse to localize MOTHER 3...
giphy.gif
@reikon
it has been stated in many places that Mother 3 is the most wanted translation for a game, nintendo would make lots of money from it.
The Mother series seems to be one of the ones that is more popular way after it was released than when it was released, but it was still popular then.
There is a free to download fan translation of the game though! So i am going to play that.
But if nintendo releases, a mother 3 translation, then i will buy it!
@reikon
it has been stated in many places that Mother 3 is the most wanted translation for a game, nintendo would make lots of money from it.
The Mother series seems to be one of the ones that is more popular way after it was released than when it was released, but it was still popular then.
There is a free to download fan translation of the game though! So i am going to play that.
But if nintendo releases, a mother 3 translation, then i will buy it!
wSynOl9.gif
Hey all!

RE Mother 3: Tomato did way above the call of duty for translating it, and since he's a professional now anyway I think we really shouldn't be too expectant of anything Nintendo would put forth. Especially knowing Murasame Castle was straight unlocalized when it popped up on the VC. Since the fan translation was basically given to Nintendo to use if they wish, it might very well be the same one anyway. More likely than not Nintendo has the same trouble trying to get the rhythm hit system properly emulated as any of us are (it's not an emulation problem per se, but an input lag issue because it's extremely percise. RetroArch may actually be able to pull this off with a GBA core now with proper Read Ahead settings though, I'm not sure. It's honestly an unnessary mechanic to play the game but it's there).

If you want more of Tomato's work before he went pro, he did one or two scenarios of Live A Live's fan translation (another thing you should really check out) and I believe he had a hand in Star Ocean. He did some other games everyone was wanting to see in english, and I don't remember the whole list. Lagrange Point was a really really early script, but the hacking work took eons.

EDIT: Oh and do yourself a favor, play the NES version of Mother 1 with Tomato's script. GBA version has crud sound and Beginnings is the straight prototype with no fixes. There are two ways to do this depending on how you like your graphics: Earthbound Beginnings Uncut and Mother 25th Anniversary.
Hey all!

RE Mother 3: Tomato did way above the call of duty for translating it, and since he's a professional now anyway I think we really shouldn't be too expectant of anything Nintendo would put forth. Especially knowing Murasame Castle was straight unlocalized when it popped up on the VC. Since the fan translation was basically given to Nintendo to use if they wish, it might very well be the same one anyway. More likely than not Nintendo has the same trouble trying to get the rhythm hit system properly emulated as any of us are (it's not an emulation problem per se, but an input lag issue because it's extremely percise. RetroArch may actually be able to pull this off with a GBA core now with proper Read Ahead settings though, I'm not sure. It's honestly an unnessary mechanic to play the game but it's there).

If you want more of Tomato's work before he went pro, he did one or two scenarios of Live A Live's fan translation (another thing you should really check out) and I believe he had a hand in Star Ocean. He did some other games everyone was wanting to see in english, and I don't remember the whole list. Lagrange Point was a really really early script, but the hacking work took eons.

EDIT: Oh and do yourself a favor, play the NES version of Mother 1 with Tomato's script. GBA version has crud sound and Beginnings is the straight prototype with no fixes. There are two ways to do this depending on how you like your graphics: Earthbound Beginnings Uncut and Mother 25th Anniversary.
My writing project.
I'm a big fan of the mother series although I've never actually beaten any of the games :(

the game I kind of completed was Mother 3 because I watched Chuggaconroy's let's play. I really enjoyed the game's story, soundtrack and characters. I wish it was possible to own it officially tho.

I bought earthbound on my wii u and played all the way through to the first boss, then stopped. I've been wanting to continue but I haven't really bothered setting up my wii u in favor of my other consoles. Since it's on the 3ds I was thinking of just repurchasing it on there. I really dig the spritework for the mother series!

Pssst... Kumatora is best character.
I'm a big fan of the mother series although I've never actually beaten any of the games :(

the game I kind of completed was Mother 3 because I watched Chuggaconroy's let's play. I really enjoyed the game's story, soundtrack and characters. I wish it was possible to own it officially tho.

I bought earthbound on my wii u and played all the way through to the first boss, then stopped. I've been wanting to continue but I haven't really bothered setting up my wii u in favor of my other consoles. Since it's on the 3ds I was thinking of just repurchasing it on there. I really dig the spritework for the mother series!

Pssst... Kumatora is best character.
tumblr_px51itqh6G1vjwwiao2_100.gif102d163a-d286-11e8-a530-e1fc53146cd0.gifArt Thread9d95c621-d288-11e8-9f00-e1fc53146cd0.gif tumblr_op7hohhA6K1w1kerio1_100.gif24364585_jebU2ZlB1MqalV1.png
@Blueflare

Chuggaconroy's Let's Play is probably the best LP for MOTHER 3 imo. I don't blame you for being unable to finish EarthBound on the Wii U though, it's just not a very good console at the end of the day...

But same! I always thought the sprites and overall visuals added a lot of the series' charm C:

(And indeed, Kumatora is, in fact, the best)
@Blueflare

Chuggaconroy's Let's Play is probably the best LP for MOTHER 3 imo. I don't blame you for being unable to finish EarthBound on the Wii U though, it's just not a very good console at the end of the day...

But same! I always thought the sprites and overall visuals added a lot of the series' charm C:

(And indeed, Kumatora is, in fact, the best)
giphy.gif
I have been playing very much! I am in Threed now. It was surprising that there are zombies, i wonder why the zombies do not go to other towns too?
But i got Jeff and i like Jeff very much. But he is dying too fast. I have five teddy bears now.
I have been playing very much! I am in Threed now. It was surprising that there are zombies, i wonder why the zombies do not go to other towns too?
But i got Jeff and i like Jeff very much. But he is dying too fast. I have five teddy bears now.
wSynOl9.gif
hmm. i was thinking about getting the Mother 3 game for my computer, but the websites look not trustworthy. @Reikon do you know of any SAFE emulator download so i can play Mother 3 translation on it? i do not speak japanese and i want to play it, but i am nervous about downloading the game boy emulator!
hmm. i was thinking about getting the Mother 3 game for my computer, but the websites look not trustworthy. @Reikon do you know of any SAFE emulator download so i can play Mother 3 translation on it? i do not speak japanese and i want to play it, but i am nervous about downloading the game boy emulator!
wSynOl9.gif
@Sukram
I probably won't be of much help but I do know there's a Mother 3 fan translation available so you don't have to worry about playing in japanese. The only problem is that you need to find the Rom/Emulator yourself.

I haven't used/downloaded emulators in a long time so most of the websites I used in the past are probably gone or have a ton of virus. (what's the plural form of virus? lol)

I should probably look into this myself, haha.
@Sukram
I probably won't be of much help but I do know there's a Mother 3 fan translation available so you don't have to worry about playing in japanese. The only problem is that you need to find the Rom/Emulator yourself.

I haven't used/downloaded emulators in a long time so most of the websites I used in the past are probably gone or have a ton of virus. (what's the plural form of virus? lol)

I should probably look into this myself, haha.
tumblr_px51itqh6G1vjwwiao2_100.gif102d163a-d286-11e8-a530-e1fc53146cd0.gifArt Thread9d95c621-d288-11e8-9f00-e1fc53146cd0.gif tumblr_op7hohhA6K1w1kerio1_100.gif24364585_jebU2ZlB1MqalV1.png
1 2 3