Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any MOTHER / Earthbound fans?
1 2 3
I've decided to branch out more in the forums starting today, and what better way to do that than to find other fans of the best my favorite series of all time?

So, FR, tell me: who here is a MOTHER fan? What's your favorite installment? Character? How long have you been a fan? Tell me anything! MOTHER is a very important series to me; I love it to bits and would love to meet other fans too!

As for me, my favorite installment is MOTHER 3 by a long shot, but MOTHER 2/EarthBound was my first (impulse buy for my Wii U back in... 2017? I don't remember very well). I still have yet to play MOTHER 1/EarthBound Beginnings, but I plan to soon!

Lucas and Kumatora are my favorite characters probably, but honestly the whole MOTHER 3 crew has a special place in my heart. it's too bad ol'Nintendy probably has 0 plans to localize..

Gah, I'm going to stop myself before I ramble too much. Anyway, let's see how many fans there are on FR! I'm curious.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. This thread loves you.
I've decided to branch out more in the forums starting today, and what better way to do that than to find other fans of the best my favorite series of all time?

So, FR, tell me: who here is a MOTHER fan? What's your favorite installment? Character? How long have you been a fan? Tell me anything! MOTHER is a very important series to me; I love it to bits and would love to meet other fans too!

As for me, my favorite installment is MOTHER 3 by a long shot, but MOTHER 2/EarthBound was my first (impulse buy for my Wii U back in... 2017? I don't remember very well). I still have yet to play MOTHER 1/EarthBound Beginnings, but I plan to soon!

Lucas and Kumatora are my favorite characters probably, but honestly the whole MOTHER 3 crew has a special place in my heart. it's too bad ol'Nintendy probably has 0 plans to localize..

Gah, I'm going to stop myself before I ramble too much. Anyway, let's see how many fans there are on FR! I'm curious.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. This thread loves you.
giphy.gif
I played Earthbound back in... 2010, I think? I can't really remember, but I loved it to bits. I never managed to finish it though, but the charm of the game is unforgettable!

I really liked Jeff! I don't really know why maybe it's because he could one-shot bosses? because he bought bombs out of the black market? who knows
but he has a special place in my heart.

I bought it on the New 3DS recently and I plan to play it! Unfortunately I never played the other two games (although I'd love to play Mother 3), but during that period where I played Earthbound I was pretty much obsessed with the series, and I kept reading stuff and watching videos of them haha.

Still today I simply love listening to the Eight Melodies track. Especially that one sung by a chorus!
Also I used to listen to Love Theme from Mother 3 alot.

I still remember what a friend of mine said about Earthbound once: "One of my fondest memories is playing Earthbound in front of my fireplace." I think that sums up the feeling the game pretty well.

I played Earthbound back in... 2010, I think? I can't really remember, but I loved it to bits. I never managed to finish it though, but the charm of the game is unforgettable!

I really liked Jeff! I don't really know why maybe it's because he could one-shot bosses? because he bought bombs out of the black market? who knows
but he has a special place in my heart.

I bought it on the New 3DS recently and I plan to play it! Unfortunately I never played the other two games (although I'd love to play Mother 3), but during that period where I played Earthbound I was pretty much obsessed with the series, and I kept reading stuff and watching videos of them haha.

Still today I simply love listening to the Eight Melodies track. Especially that one sung by a chorus!
Also I used to listen to Love Theme from Mother 3 alot.

I still remember what a friend of mine said about Earthbound once: "One of my fondest memories is playing Earthbound in front of my fireplace." I think that sums up the feeling the game pretty well.

ZGOYCC6.png
@Hayaros

JEFF IS GR8. Seriously, I really enjoyed him when I first played EarthBound. Hopefully you can see EarthBound to its end this time around, it's a great game! Sadly, watching a LP or emulating the game is the only way a lot of western fans can experience MOTHER 3 since it's still region-locked for some reason... but I highly recommend it! It's the perfect end to the series and it actually managed to make me cry lol.

I'm the same way with the music though, I always end up coming back to it. It has such a unique sound! And hard agree to what your friend said, I feel like it has that naturally nostalgic feeling to it, even if you're a first-time player.
@Hayaros

JEFF IS GR8. Seriously, I really enjoyed him when I first played EarthBound. Hopefully you can see EarthBound to its end this time around, it's a great game! Sadly, watching a LP or emulating the game is the only way a lot of western fans can experience MOTHER 3 since it's still region-locked for some reason... but I highly recommend it! It's the perfect end to the series and it actually managed to make me cry lol.

I'm the same way with the music though, I always end up coming back to it. It has such a unique sound! And hard agree to what your friend said, I feel like it has that naturally nostalgic feeling to it, even if you're a first-time player.
giphy.gif
@Reikon

Yeah, I may resort to watching a LP of Mother 3 someday! I once watched a video of the final battle and cried a lot so I guess I'm off to a good start.

Yeah! The music is just great.

And my brother recently tried Earthbound for the first time. He knew almost nothing about the game except what he saw on the internet/what he read about it, and in the end, after a few hours of playing, he said "I can understand why this game is so famous. It's just so... quirky, so full of charm."

So yeah, Mother is indeed a pretty special series!

Nintendo, release a nice Trilogy of the series on the Switch!
@Reikon

Yeah, I may resort to watching a LP of Mother 3 someday! I once watched a video of the final battle and cried a lot so I guess I'm off to a good start.

Yeah! The music is just great.

And my brother recently tried Earthbound for the first time. He knew almost nothing about the game except what he saw on the internet/what he read about it, and in the end, after a few hours of playing, he said "I can understand why this game is so famous. It's just so... quirky, so full of charm."

So yeah, Mother is indeed a pretty special series!

Nintendo, release a nice Trilogy of the series on the Switch!
ZGOYCC6.png
i used to have thunder and storm fandragons but i had to exalt them
i used to have thunder and storm fandragons but i had to exalt them
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
It is funny you bring this up now, i am currently playing through Mother 2 (EarthBound) on my SNES right now!
I am also going to download the translation version of Mother 3 to play on my laptop. I know the twist and things in the game (Claus is my favorite Mother character out of them all), but i still want the experience of playing it. But not until i finish Mother 2.
It is funny you bring this up now, i am currently playing through Mother 2 (EarthBound) on my SNES right now!
I am also going to download the translation version of Mother 3 to play on my laptop. I know the twist and things in the game (Claus is my favorite Mother character out of them all), but i still want the experience of playing it. But not until i finish Mother 2.
wSynOl9.gif
@LoversMasque

:C That's unfortunate to hear, but that's still pretty cool that you had fandragons of them! I actually struggled with them during my first playthrough, but the track that plays during their fight kept me from getting frustrated somehow lol.

@Sukram

That's awesome! I hope you're having fun with it (it's pretty cool that you have an SNES though, I'm kind of jealous haha). Also o o f Claus is such a good character but it's so painful. That ending had me wrecked for a full day, I swear.
@LoversMasque

:C That's unfortunate to hear, but that's still pretty cool that you had fandragons of them! I actually struggled with them during my first playthrough, but the track that plays during their fight kept me from getting frustrated somehow lol.

@Sukram

That's awesome! I hope you're having fun with it (it's pretty cool that you have an SNES though, I'm kind of jealous haha). Also o o f Claus is such a good character but it's so painful. That ending had me wrecked for a full day, I swear.
giphy.gif
@Reikon
AND THE WORST PART IS THEY WERE GOING TO BE A BREEDING PAIR

(Don’t be fooled; Carbon Doggo is my favorite boss. Bummed that there is no pet function. And you can’t pet fire.)

(I just realized those last four words are the dumbest thing I’ve ever said.)
@Reikon
AND THE WORST PART IS THEY WERE GOING TO BE A BREEDING PAIR

(Don’t be fooled; Carbon Doggo is my favorite boss. Bummed that there is no pet function. And you can’t pet fire.)

(I just realized those last four words are the dumbest thing I’ve ever said.)
tumblr_ovy93jxd481u1ry24o2_500.gif
@LoversMasque

Carbon Dog is best dog. Until he is Diamond Dog. Then he just hurts :'C
@LoversMasque

Carbon Dog is best dog. Until he is Diamond Dog. Then he just hurts :'C
giphy.gif
@Reikon
thank you and thank you for the welcome!
I have had an SNES my entire life, it is actually my parent's SNES but it is mine now.
I also have 2 Nintendo 64s, we do not know where the second came from, but it is there now.
I am at Happy Happy village in Mother 2 right now!
@Reikon
thank you and thank you for the welcome!
I have had an SNES my entire life, it is actually my parent's SNES but it is mine now.
I also have 2 Nintendo 64s, we do not know where the second came from, but it is there now.
I am at Happy Happy village in Mother 2 right now!
wSynOl9.gif
1 2 3