Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Flameforger's Festival 2018
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 54 55
The fire halos are really pretty.
The fire halos are really pretty.
r5CjlMV.gif
they're really needs to be like, half and half winners of male v female. its SUPER ridiculous that there's only one female skin. also it feels like the there's less variety of species as time goes on and more "popular" breed skins are picked over others. there's two MALE IMP skins, no female imp, and there's no tundra at all.

i'm disappointed tbqh, like the items from joxar look awesome and so does the familiar, but it'd be really nice to have at least one skin for each dragon breed as a winner, with the flight's representative race having one for male and female.
they're really needs to be like, half and half winners of male v female. its SUPER ridiculous that there's only one female skin. also it feels like the there's less variety of species as time goes on and more "popular" breed skins are picked over others. there's two MALE IMP skins, no female imp, and there's no tundra at all.

i'm disappointed tbqh, like the items from joxar look awesome and so does the familiar, but it'd be really nice to have at least one skin for each dragon breed as a winner, with the flight's representative race having one for male and female.
M7z2p.gifyWuix.gifCWlUL.gif
Happy Flameforger's Festival! :D
Happy Flameforger's Festival! :D
lightning.giftumblr_inline_nbefjh6UpE1qg78ij.pngoQlTGMl.png
Is anyone else not getting any sand when they dig? like i'm digging in the fire location, but no sand at all, today or yesterday. can't make the skin in Baldwin's if I don't get sand! sadness!
Is anyone else not getting any sand when they dig? like i'm digging in the fire location, but no sand at all, today or yesterday. can't make the skin in Baldwin's if I don't get sand! sadness!
[quote name="Hounds" date="2018-08-27 11:59:14" ] they're really needs to be like, half and half winners of male v female. its SUPER ridiculous that there's only one female skin. also it feels like the there's less variety of species as time goes on and more "popular" breed skins are picked over others. there's two MALE IMP skins, no female imp, and there's no tundra at all. i'm disappointed tbqh, like the items from joxar look awesome and so does the familiar, but it'd be really nice to have at least one skin for each dragon breed as a winner, with the flight's representative race having one for male and female. [/quote] The problem with that is... instead of the nicest skins being picked, you'd have to follow a quota. Which I don't approve of. It could very stressful for the artists who do those skins. They couldn't work on something that inspires them, they'd have to look and/or predict what breed are less likely to be picked, since they'd have less chances of winning if they take a more popular breed. So you'd have someone who did a really great job, who put a lot of time and effort in their skin, but they can't be picked because ''there's too many male skins already''... I don't think that's fair. At all. Of course if the skins were made by the staff and not the users, that would be different. But it's a contest. Contests are suppose to be fair.
Hounds wrote on 2018-08-27 11:59:14:

The problem with that is... instead of the nicest skins being picked, you'd have to follow a quota. Which I don't approve of. It could very stressful for the artists who do those skins. They couldn't work on something that inspires them, they'd have to look and/or predict what breed are less likely to be picked, since they'd have less chances of winning if they take a more popular breed.

So you'd have someone who did a really great job, who put a lot of time and effort in their skin, but they can't be picked because ''there's too many male skins already''... I don't think that's fair. At all.

Of course if the skins were made by the staff and not the users, that would be different. But it's a contest. Contests are suppose to be fair.
^ I'd have to agree. All these skins are lovely, and were picked for the reason of appeal to the festive theme, and just generally intrigue to the eye in general. With that said-- Happy Flameforger's Festival, y'all.
^ I'd have to agree. All these skins are lovely, and were picked for the reason of appeal to the festive theme, and just generally intrigue to the eye in general. With that said-- Happy Flameforger's Festival, y'all.
I love coffee. I love it oh so dearly. The caffeinated joy that brings me to waddle my penguin legs to freedom and join my fellow short brethren. One goal upon all our minds as a collective hive of couch potatoes: feed, sleep, feed. Yet I dared to defect, and ventured to the vast lands to sip the nectar of holiness. The frappuccino size grande. I fell many great beasts; titans of giraffe leggeths, shopping carts of short person annihilation, and crowds of tiny human destruction. I have conquered them all.
[quote name="nekosysteme" date="2018-08-27 13:42:14" ] [quote name="Hounds" date="2018-08-27 11:59:14" ] they're really needs to be like, half and half winners of male v female. its SUPER ridiculous that there's only one female skin. also it feels like the there's less variety of species as time goes on and more "popular" breed skins are picked over others. there's two MALE IMP skins, no female imp, and there's no tundra at all. i'm disappointed tbqh, like the items from joxar look awesome and so does the familiar, but it'd be really nice to have at least one skin for each dragon breed as a winner, with the flight's representative race having one for male and female. [/quote] The problem with that is... instead of the nicest skins being picked, you'd have to follow a quota. Which I don't approve of. It could very stressful for the artists who do those skins. They couldn't work on something that inspires them, they'd have to look and/or predict what breed are less likely to be picked, since they'd have less chances of winning if they take a more popular breed. So you'd have someone who did a really great job, who put a lot of time and effort in their skin, but they can't be picked because ''there's too many male skins already''... I don't think that's fair. At all. Of course if the skins were made by the staff and not the users, that would be different. But it's a contest. Contests are suppose to be fair. [/quote] However, if there isn't a quota we end up with this: not any diversity at all. Just 2 male imps, 2 male ridgebacks, 2 male wildclaws, and 1 female skin total. How is that fair at all?
nekosysteme wrote on 2018-08-27 13:42:14:

The problem with that is... instead of the nicest skins being picked, you'd have to follow a quota. Which I don't approve of. It could very stressful for the artists who do those skins. They couldn't work on something that inspires them, they'd have to look and/or predict what breed are less likely to be picked, since they'd have less chances of winning if they take a more popular breed.

So you'd have someone who did a really great job, who put a lot of time and effort in their skin, but they can't be picked because ''there's too many male skins already''... I don't think that's fair. At all.

Of course if the skins were made by the staff and not the users, that would be different. But it's a contest. Contests are suppose to be fair.
However, if there isn't a quota we end up with this: not any diversity at all. Just 2 male imps, 2 male ridgebacks, 2 male wildclaws, and 1 female skin total. How is that fair at all?
Anyone know which skins are found in the Coli so I know whether I can grind for a Earthforge Whisperer skin?

So far I've found Plasma Professor, Iron Stomach and Metempsychosis chests.
Anyone know which skins are found in the Coli so I know whether I can grind for a Earthforge Whisperer skin?

So far I've found Plasma Professor, Iron Stomach and Metempsychosis chests.
[quote name="Hounds" date="2018-08-27 11:59:14" ] they're really needs to be like, half and half winners of male v female. its SUPER ridiculous that there's only one female skin. also it feels like the there's less variety of species as time goes on and more "popular" breed skins are picked over others. there's two MALE IMP skins, no female imp, and there's no tundra at all. i'm disappointed tbqh, like the items from joxar look awesome and so does the familiar, but it'd be really nice to have at least one skin for each dragon breed as a winner, with the flight's representative race having one for male and female. [/quote] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
602d1145219f3e2ac5c6808013728c7a5184c224_hq.jpg
I got a fire halo! I don't know how to put a picture at the bottom though so I have a link...

http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/433480/43347954_350.png?mtime=W4LmRAACFyQ
I got a fire halo! I don't know how to put a picture at the bottom though so I have a link...

http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/433480/43347954_350.png?mtime=W4LmRAACFyQ
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 54 55