Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 109 110
Over 500 million treasure taken out of the economy. -chef kiss- Beautiful.
Over 500 million treasure taken out of the economy. -chef kiss- Beautiful.
WMVWGXM.png
roundsey, i love you, i love you, i would die for you, i would kill for you, please, ask me to kill for you,
roundsey, i love you, i love you, i would die for you, i would kill for you, please, ask me to kill for you,
dhay-->Alicio-->Charioteer

Please ping me! I don't subscribe to my posts.
1.4 million tickets for 41 prizes. Them's some low odds, Roundsey, lol.
1.4 million tickets for 41 prizes. Them's some low odds, Roundsey, lol.
nNxirvT.gifHSdjdFR.gif7y2yiE2.gifLkUshID.gifTvGyETb.gif
roundsey i love youuuuu~
roundsey i love youuuuu~
Shattered Glass
|[skins]les chats'
|[$]art shop
|aesthetic™ busts
|100 eggs quest
Ow my wallet
Ow my wallet
I still want a limited number of tickets per player. its so unfair
I still want a limited number of tickets per player. its so unfair

wJGmI5n.png
*eyes the 1mil solution*

..... Geeze, now I gotta do math to figure out total ticket amounts, and I so wanted to see a to the last single unit digit for the grand total of tickets sold for this first raffle.

Also, at this moment:

If I'm converting right, that's 1,038,000 tickets sold so far. (Grr, the unknown ~999 variance makes my stats knee hurt)

1,038,000 x 500 = 519,000,000 T

519,000,000 / 850 = 610,588G

We bought our first Imperial Scroll sometimes late this afternoon and then we used the leftover 160,588g to buy a pretty/popular Gold XXY/XYY/XYX G1 hatchling, 3 gem genes, a gem familiar, and scatterscrolled it 438 times*, because we wanted to try to get a triple Obsidian.
We decided to be satisfied with the
double Vermillion we got at the end....

* 3,000 + 3,900 +350 + 350(438) = 160,588g

............ I also distinctly suspect we may get near 99999k before this thing is over (Seriously, why isn't the art, the brand new artfor this custom feature, from the admins of a community known lose it's marbles over dragon #33333333 and so on, not forsee ticket sales in the near billions? Honestly, A billion counter would've been way more interesting to see if after a point, the community just tried to push it to reach a billion tickets sold because it was there.)

Also, bought exactly 1 ticket. (There, now no one can say I never participate in things. :P )
*eyes the 1mil solution*

..... Geeze, now I gotta do math to figure out total ticket amounts, and I so wanted to see a to the last single unit digit for the grand total of tickets sold for this first raffle.

Also, at this moment:

If I'm converting right, that's 1,038,000 tickets sold so far. (Grr, the unknown ~999 variance makes my stats knee hurt)

1,038,000 x 500 = 519,000,000 T

519,000,000 / 850 = 610,588G

We bought our first Imperial Scroll sometimes late this afternoon and then we used the leftover 160,588g to buy a pretty/popular Gold XXY/XYY/XYX G1 hatchling, 3 gem genes, a gem familiar, and scatterscrolled it 438 times*, because we wanted to try to get a triple Obsidian.
We decided to be satisfied with the
double Vermillion we got at the end....

* 3,000 + 3,900 +350 + 350(438) = 160,588g

............ I also distinctly suspect we may get near 99999k before this thing is over (Seriously, why isn't the art, the brand new artfor this custom feature, from the admins of a community known lose it's marbles over dragon #33333333 and so on, not forsee ticket sales in the near billions? Honestly, A billion counter would've been way more interesting to see if after a point, the community just tried to push it to reach a billion tickets sold because it was there.)

Also, bought exactly 1 ticket. (There, now no one can say I never participate in things. :P )
Long Patrol and Hibden
for forum games, please.
QF3R6o0.png mFu1NtF.png
[/center]
I'm really tired of hearing how everything that changes the game even a little bit, like eye colors, is "ruining" this game.

I was not here, nor was I aware of the game when the kickstarter stuff happened. Yeah, I know, thank you for getting the game off the ground and all, but I was really hoping that this raffle was a way I would be able to win a kickstarter item even though I didn't help start this thing. I love collecting items, but there is no way I will ever be able to save up enough gems to buy a kickstarter item outright. It will just never happen unless I win the irl lottery. I am sad that the "value" of these rare items is so important to such a very small majority of extremely angry people that the rest of us have a snowball's chance in the Ashfall Waste of ever catching them all.

But mostly I am sick of the negative users who seem to enjoy shaming the developers for trying to make the game better, and keep more players excited about logging in more often.

The only "real" value in this game is in getting more people interested in playing, and keeping them logging in once they start. That is the only way to bring more revenue into the game, and that is the only way the developers can successfully grow the game.

I say put a kickstarter in the lottery. Not every week, but every once in a while it would be nice. And as for "retired items" YES, PLEASE! Get me excited about something that has a very slim chance of happening for me, and I will keep trying to do what I can to make it happen.

Or, keep things the same to hold the "value" of rare items to an extremely small group of angry people and keep the numbers of online players in the low 3000's.

I've never held a million dollars, but I still play the lottery because it COULD happen. And so many people are playing the lottery.

Just saying...
I'm really tired of hearing how everything that changes the game even a little bit, like eye colors, is "ruining" this game.

I was not here, nor was I aware of the game when the kickstarter stuff happened. Yeah, I know, thank you for getting the game off the ground and all, but I was really hoping that this raffle was a way I would be able to win a kickstarter item even though I didn't help start this thing. I love collecting items, but there is no way I will ever be able to save up enough gems to buy a kickstarter item outright. It will just never happen unless I win the irl lottery. I am sad that the "value" of these rare items is so important to such a very small majority of extremely angry people that the rest of us have a snowball's chance in the Ashfall Waste of ever catching them all.

But mostly I am sick of the negative users who seem to enjoy shaming the developers for trying to make the game better, and keep more players excited about logging in more often.

The only "real" value in this game is in getting more people interested in playing, and keeping them logging in once they start. That is the only way to bring more revenue into the game, and that is the only way the developers can successfully grow the game.

I say put a kickstarter in the lottery. Not every week, but every once in a while it would be nice. And as for "retired items" YES, PLEASE! Get me excited about something that has a very slim chance of happening for me, and I will keep trying to do what I can to make it happen.

Or, keep things the same to hold the "value" of rare items to an extremely small group of angry people and keep the numbers of online players in the low 3000's.

I've never held a million dollars, but I still play the lottery because it COULD happen. And so many people are playing the lottery.

Just saying...
tumblr_inline_ny7iufSmv51qmzhvw_540.png
Fun way to have a chance at things we might not otherwise have a chance to get! Thank you! Good luck to all raffle ticket holders!!
Fun way to have a chance at things we might not otherwise have a chance to get! Thank you! Good luck to all raffle ticket holders!!
I've only skimmed through the comments section briefly and I can't help but roll my eyes a little bit at some of the concerns

I'm assuming the staff have some way of knowing how many of a certain item are present on their own site, that being said, they've assured us that the Roundsey's prizes won't increase the number of certain items by even 1%, so they probably did something like look at the number of Speedy fams there are on the site, did some math, and decided that 5 would be a negligible impact.

Now, as for the fact that the Speedy prices have dropped? That's just people being people and trying to anticipate a drop in an item's value ahead of time since this is the first ever Roundsey's raffle and we don't know how it will affect stuff yet, and even seeing the drop in Speedy's prices isn't indicative of how the raffle ones will affect the economy because the darn things aren't even in the game yet, people with Speedy's to spare are just overreacting... If anything you could say that the raffle is helping to put more items in circulation because I can't see someone selling their one and only Speedy because a measly 5 are being introduced, so it's safe to bet that these are Speedys that have been sitting in vaults of people with multiples of them just collecting dust. Maybe now some people besides those who will win the 5 raffle Speedys will be able to afford and treasure their new pincushion pet

And if that isn't enough, like, how often are you guys thinking that Speedy (or any given rare item) will be put into Roundsey's Raffle??? I'm willing to bet no more than one time a year, if even that. There's roughly 52 weeks in a year so that's 52 raffles and there's 36 items from the pool of first year apparel (including the arm bands), sprites, and downtime fams, and I would doubt they'd have an item from that pool every raffle when there are also the second year items, cycled items/familiars, and the lvl 25 venue bosses, not to mention things like gem marketplace stuff and possibly first year skins. Like, there are so many other things to be put in that by the time a certain familiar shows back up in the raffle, this Speedy for example, it's very much possible that the same number of players with that item could have quit or left the site. People have lives and outgrow pet sites, it happens, and not everyone sells their stuff before they leave so these rare and retired items just sit abandoned in dead accounts never to re-enter the economy again. This raffle can help make up for the loss of these items. And I'm sure the staff are smart enough to take the value of light sprites into consideration and realize that they're a top dollar item and should therefore only have 1, maybe 2, available in a raffle. This IS their game that they have created and maintained after all, and while they've made some questionably questionable decisions before, I think that a little more faith should be put into them on this particular feature

And then...and then... The harassment, oh the safety of the raffle winners. I just. What? Do you think the winners are going to be mugged for their prizes on the street? Aequorin has already stated that the staff will be monitoring the situation with the winners to ensure they don't get harassed, and anyone who does harass the winners will be suspended, and I'm sure repeat or extreme offenders will be banned. So the only thing the winners will have to worry about will be positive messages of congratulations, and they can report any negative users knowing they have the support of the staff. And there's also that lovely 'block' feature to keep harassers from being able to repeatedly message winners

So, honestly, if anyone is that timid about online interaction/has that much anxiety over lots of pings that they can't even handle positive congratulations then they shouldn't enter the raffles. It has been stated that the winners are announced, and that the staff will bring down the suspension hammer on harassers, so with that in mind, it's now up to the individual to take on some personal responsibility with their Flight Rising experience and weigh the pros and cons of entering and potentially winning the raffle, thus accepting that they will be put in a spotlight and Interacted With. And if they do want to enter but still don't want to be contacted, I'm assuming that the account "invisible" setting was made for that purpose (though I will concede that having never used it, I'm not 100% sure what it does other than assumptions based on the label of invisible).
I've only skimmed through the comments section briefly and I can't help but roll my eyes a little bit at some of the concerns

I'm assuming the staff have some way of knowing how many of a certain item are present on their own site, that being said, they've assured us that the Roundsey's prizes won't increase the number of certain items by even 1%, so they probably did something like look at the number of Speedy fams there are on the site, did some math, and decided that 5 would be a negligible impact.

Now, as for the fact that the Speedy prices have dropped? That's just people being people and trying to anticipate a drop in an item's value ahead of time since this is the first ever Roundsey's raffle and we don't know how it will affect stuff yet, and even seeing the drop in Speedy's prices isn't indicative of how the raffle ones will affect the economy because the darn things aren't even in the game yet, people with Speedy's to spare are just overreacting... If anything you could say that the raffle is helping to put more items in circulation because I can't see someone selling their one and only Speedy because a measly 5 are being introduced, so it's safe to bet that these are Speedys that have been sitting in vaults of people with multiples of them just collecting dust. Maybe now some people besides those who will win the 5 raffle Speedys will be able to afford and treasure their new pincushion pet

And if that isn't enough, like, how often are you guys thinking that Speedy (or any given rare item) will be put into Roundsey's Raffle??? I'm willing to bet no more than one time a year, if even that. There's roughly 52 weeks in a year so that's 52 raffles and there's 36 items from the pool of first year apparel (including the arm bands), sprites, and downtime fams, and I would doubt they'd have an item from that pool every raffle when there are also the second year items, cycled items/familiars, and the lvl 25 venue bosses, not to mention things like gem marketplace stuff and possibly first year skins. Like, there are so many other things to be put in that by the time a certain familiar shows back up in the raffle, this Speedy for example, it's very much possible that the same number of players with that item could have quit or left the site. People have lives and outgrow pet sites, it happens, and not everyone sells their stuff before they leave so these rare and retired items just sit abandoned in dead accounts never to re-enter the economy again. This raffle can help make up for the loss of these items. And I'm sure the staff are smart enough to take the value of light sprites into consideration and realize that they're a top dollar item and should therefore only have 1, maybe 2, available in a raffle. This IS their game that they have created and maintained after all, and while they've made some questionably questionable decisions before, I think that a little more faith should be put into them on this particular feature

And then...and then... The harassment, oh the safety of the raffle winners. I just. What? Do you think the winners are going to be mugged for their prizes on the street? Aequorin has already stated that the staff will be monitoring the situation with the winners to ensure they don't get harassed, and anyone who does harass the winners will be suspended, and I'm sure repeat or extreme offenders will be banned. So the only thing the winners will have to worry about will be positive messages of congratulations, and they can report any negative users knowing they have the support of the staff. And there's also that lovely 'block' feature to keep harassers from being able to repeatedly message winners

So, honestly, if anyone is that timid about online interaction/has that much anxiety over lots of pings that they can't even handle positive congratulations then they shouldn't enter the raffles. It has been stated that the winners are announced, and that the staff will bring down the suspension hammer on harassers, so with that in mind, it's now up to the individual to take on some personal responsibility with their Flight Rising experience and weigh the pros and cons of entering and potentially winning the raffle, thus accepting that they will be put in a spotlight and Interacted With. And if they do want to enter but still don't want to be contacted, I'm assuming that the account "invisible" setting was made for that purpose (though I will concede that having never used it, I'm not 100% sure what it does other than assumptions based on the label of invisible).
jKNxJDc.png 93911947.png 93991508.png 93890069.png 92702429.png
1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 ... 109 110