Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 109 110
@Rookery

if people are just playing for the prizes, it's absolutely not worth it. Assuming a 200kg value for the dragon, the value of a ticket is like 200t and dropping. That's the point of a treasure sink, though, and there is at least 300t of entertainment value to participate in the first ever raffle, to justify the rest of the cost of a ticket. Hopefully people are looking at this more like a movie ticket than an investment.

(I might find 1Mt of entertainment value in watching the world burn, if the digits don't get changed soon...)
@Rookery

if people are just playing for the prizes, it's absolutely not worth it. Assuming a 200kg value for the dragon, the value of a ticket is like 200t and dropping. That's the point of a treasure sink, though, and there is at least 300t of entertainment value to participate in the first ever raffle, to justify the rest of the cost of a ticket. Hopefully people are looking at this more like a movie ticket than an investment.

(I might find 1Mt of entertainment value in watching the world burn, if the digits don't get changed soon...)
2e2UMYR.png
Ohh, exciting!!
Ohh, exciting!!
@Xhaztol
When the results are announced at the end of the seven days can the amount of tickets sold and treasure spent/taken from the site please be announced too. I'd like to see this at the end of every raffle cycle. Thank you for reading ^.^
@Xhaztol
When the results are announced at the end of the seven days can the amount of tickets sold and treasure spent/taken from the site please be announced too. I'd like to see this at the end of every raffle cycle. Thank you for reading ^.^
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
OO yes, great update i think it's a great addition.
OO yes, great update i think it's a great addition.
I'm super excited! I have a couple of things that are bothering me about it all though.

-the G1 market will definitely be effected by the introduction of dragons like this. I know that not every week will have triples or doubles, but just imagined how a staff custom triple cyan with lightning eyes will hit the market? Pretty dang hard. Not all people would choose to keep him, and that would be one costly G1 in the auctions.

-You may be putting less than 1% of the total Speedys in game back in circulation, but a majority of them are in dead accounts or with active people that want to keep it for their bestiary completion. My guess is that 1-5% of all the Speedys in circulation right now are up for sale, which means 5 can make quite the impact. I mean... I'm excited to get a chance at getting one for myself, but I won't pretend that it won't impact the game at all.

-the treasure sink is going to throw the economy off by a TON. Imagine how much more valuable treasure is going to be all of a sudden? The gem to treasure ratios are going to be absolutely atrocious as treasure increases in value. It's been less than a day and the number of tickets sold is almost at 1 million.
500t × 1,000,000 tickets = 500,000,000t out of circulation, and this is just the first day.

It's also a little broken looking right now :P
Screenshot_20180822-165916.png
I'm super excited! I have a couple of things that are bothering me about it all though.

-the G1 market will definitely be effected by the introduction of dragons like this. I know that not every week will have triples or doubles, but just imagined how a staff custom triple cyan with lightning eyes will hit the market? Pretty dang hard. Not all people would choose to keep him, and that would be one costly G1 in the auctions.

-You may be putting less than 1% of the total Speedys in game back in circulation, but a majority of them are in dead accounts or with active people that want to keep it for their bestiary completion. My guess is that 1-5% of all the Speedys in circulation right now are up for sale, which means 5 can make quite the impact. I mean... I'm excited to get a chance at getting one for myself, but I won't pretend that it won't impact the game at all.

-the treasure sink is going to throw the economy off by a TON. Imagine how much more valuable treasure is going to be all of a sudden? The gem to treasure ratios are going to be absolutely atrocious as treasure increases in value. It's been less than a day and the number of tickets sold is almost at 1 million.
500t × 1,000,000 tickets = 500,000,000t out of circulation, and this is just the first day.

It's also a little broken looking right now :P
Screenshot_20180822-165916.png
Auction_copy.jpg
So... I like that the system runs based on treasure and there's no gem option. Hopefully it'll boost the treasure market.

I'm really happy Imp Scrolls and KS items won't make an appearance, however, I'm a bit frustrated that retired items are being included. Why are they called retired, then, if they're just going to keep circulating back in? (Yes, I see it won't even affect by 1%, but why have items "retire" if you're going to bring them back? That's not retiring them.)

I'm also interested to see how this affects the Gen 1 market, as the very first dragon prize is a triple with matching eyes... I understand they won't be triples every week (or even doubles), I'm just... wary of this new element in the game.

But it definitely made me take notice. xD I have a good amount of tickets xD
So... I like that the system runs based on treasure and there's no gem option. Hopefully it'll boost the treasure market.

I'm really happy Imp Scrolls and KS items won't make an appearance, however, I'm a bit frustrated that retired items are being included. Why are they called retired, then, if they're just going to keep circulating back in? (Yes, I see it won't even affect by 1%, but why have items "retire" if you're going to bring them back? That's not retiring them.)

I'm also interested to see how this affects the Gen 1 market, as the very first dragon prize is a triple with matching eyes... I understand they won't be triples every week (or even doubles), I'm just... wary of this new element in the game.

But it definitely made me take notice. xD I have a good amount of tickets xD
[quote name="clockworkMoose" date="2018-08-22 10:17:18" ] It might be cool if admin made a post next wednesday with just a grand total of tickets purchased, as well as the number of people who bought tickets just so we could see what the average tickets-per-person is, and if there really is this strange, mega rich player out there buying all of the tickets themself to guarantee their win. [/quote]...this sounds like a good idea.
clockworkMoose wrote on 2018-08-22 10:17:18:
It might be cool if admin made a post next wednesday with just a grand total of tickets purchased, as well as the number of people who bought tickets just so we could see what the average tickets-per-person is, and if there really is this strange, mega rich player out there buying all of the tickets themself to guarantee their win.
...this sounds like a good idea.
Seraph / Any pronouns / Wishlist
:)
:)
a
Awesome! c:
(I'm honestly hoping that the Cranial Hornhelm will be apart of those discontinued items.(I doubt it though xP)
Awesome! c:
(I'm honestly hoping that the Cranial Hornhelm will be apart of those discontinued items.(I doubt it though xP)
blackrose_zpsdyrhqrtb.png
_|
63395_v.gif __________
Man that first dragon is gunna be something special. Hoooee
Man that first dragon is gunna be something special. Hoooee
Accent Shop
1 2 ... 70 71 72 73 74 ... 109 110