Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 109 110
I'm awfully tempted to put a bounty on whoever can get the 999,999 screenshot first and post it on FR... Would that be against the rules? I hope not, because it'd be kinda neat. First person who can prove they got the screenshot first and faster than the rest gets... I dunno, something nifty.

I'm not gonna do it until I get confirmation that it wouldn't be against the rules though, ha ha. Don't wanna risk a ban!
I'm awfully tempted to put a bounty on whoever can get the 999,999 screenshot first and post it on FR... Would that be against the rules? I hope not, because it'd be kinda neat. First person who can prove they got the screenshot first and faster than the rest gets... I dunno, something nifty.

I'm not gonna do it until I get confirmation that it wouldn't be against the rules though, ha ha. Don't wanna risk a ban!
w7Z8MA5.png
SHE'S HERE!!!!!
SHE'S HERE!!!!!
cbQdPvX.png
[quote]i do wish they wouldn't call the items "retired" though. it's misleading if they're still being handed out. [/quote] Agreed. I always wished they would just use a rarity scale [i]without [/i]names, like those stars they literally already have in the item descriptions anyway?? If only particular items have some super special platinum star in it, then it's pretty obvious it's like 1 in a million, but they can still justify releasing more if they know there's only x-amount of that item on the site, and people won't get all in a tizzy about "the actual literal wording of the pixel thing." As long as they don't make the mistake that NP did where they flooded the market with the big items (paintbrushes, potions, and codestones) to the point where they were super cheap, but still marked as "omg rarity500!!" in big red letters... That always irritated me. Made rarity completely null at that point. Edit: IN FACT, they could just program it into the database couldn't they? Just make it so that anything that's marked with a particular symbol or rarity level in its description could only have X# of existing items on the site? It would prevent randomly awarded things like the raffle from flooding the market because it absolutely couldn't award the items in the first place if the max was reached? They must have something similar already, with the different levels of treasure chests being prevented from awarding certain items too, right?
Quote:
i do wish they wouldn't call the items "retired" though. it's misleading if they're still being handed out.

Agreed.
I always wished they would just use a rarity scale without names, like those stars they literally already have in the item descriptions anyway??

If only particular items have some super special platinum star in it, then it's pretty obvious it's like 1 in a million, but they can still justify releasing more if they know there's only x-amount of that item on the site, and people won't get all in a tizzy about "the actual literal wording of the pixel thing."

As long as they don't make the mistake that NP did where they flooded the market with the big items (paintbrushes, potions, and codestones) to the point where they were super cheap, but still marked as "omg rarity500!!" in big red letters... That always irritated me. Made rarity completely null at that point.

Edit: IN FACT, they could just program it into the database couldn't they?
Just make it so that anything that's marked with a particular symbol or rarity level in its description could only have X# of existing items on the site?

It would prevent randomly awarded things like the raffle from flooding the market because it absolutely couldn't award the items in the first place if the max was reached? They must have something similar already, with the different levels of treasure chests being prevented from awarding certain items too, right?
ZZfnZPS.png GEouoxl.png
LETS GET TO 999,999 WITHIN THE FIRST 24 HOURS BOYS
LETS GET TO 999,999 WITHIN THE FIRST 24 HOURS BOYS
Art of a frog on a leaf next to a bromeliad flower with the text Tropical Rainforest to the right
everbloomgardenspog 8VvjJ9p.png
tun
tIf897pA.gif
she/he
FR+3
tun
[quote name="Skydancer" date="2018-08-22 17:24:17" ] my 2 cents on the "retired items" bit: keep in mind that newer players, if they had the luck to come across the site earlier or perhaps hadn't recently turned old enough to join, totally could've been on fr and on their grind when these items first came out. because let's face it: unless yall were scouring the internet for dragon games or were recommended by a friend, chance brought you here. newer players deserve that same chance, don't they? players aren't lazy just because they've spent less time on the site smh i do wish they wouldn't call the items "retired" though. it's misleading if they're still being handed out. [/quote] @Skydancer I don't think anyone's calling newbies lazy (and if they are, shame on them, it took me forever to get to where I am now, and I started back in 2013). The issue is the following: 1. As you appropriately stated, these items were pronounced retired, meaning no more copies other than what was purchased by players would be reintroduced after their time/festival ended. A lot of old players, like myself, put quite a bit of value into said items because of that, and not even financially. The only retired item I've ever sold (from what I remember) was a Wind Sprite for just 1.2 mil. I prize and treasure all of my retired items because to me, they're like artifacts of a time long ago, and are full of great memories as a result. Sentimental for a bunch of pixels, I know, but they nevertheless mean something to me. 2. The market is already on such shaky legs that the reintroduction of 'retired' items could very well cause it to crash, and their value to, well, crash as well. And what's to say that a 'retired' item is special anymore if everybody can buy it for 50x less its original price? It's not meant to be exclusionary, it's meant to give value. 3. Quite a few newbies I've talked to said that they love the challenge of saving up money for retired items. In fact, many of them stated that they wouldn't go after those items if they were more common, and more easily obtainable. I personally gave up on a few retired items I missed because well, they came back (ex. bears, etc) and I waited until the market became saturated enough to buy them for mere pennies. I still throw bears into Baldwin's Brew because they go for so cheap due to how many flooded the AH when NotN rolled around. I'm definitely not looking for any fights, so please don't take this comment the wrong way. I'm just looking at the issue as both an experience player, and someone who struggled as a newbie until 2015, when I finally got the hang of playing the AH and developing strategies to gain more treasure at a faster pace. People can say that it's not fair to the newbies, but what's a game without some difficulty?
Skydancer wrote on 2018-08-22 17:24:17:
my 2 cents on the "retired items" bit:

keep in mind that newer players, if they had the luck to come across the site earlier or perhaps hadn't recently turned old enough to join, totally could've been on fr and on their grind when these items first came out. because let's face it: unless yall were scouring the internet for dragon games or were recommended by a friend, chance brought you here. newer players deserve that same chance, don't they? players aren't lazy just because they've spent less time on the site smh

i do wish they wouldn't call the items "retired" though. it's misleading if they're still being handed out.

@Skydancer

I don't think anyone's calling newbies lazy (and if they are, shame on them, it took me forever to get to where I am now, and I started back in 2013). The issue is the following:

1. As you appropriately stated, these items were pronounced retired, meaning no more copies other than what was purchased by players would be reintroduced after their time/festival ended. A lot of old players, like myself, put quite a bit of value into said items because of that, and not even financially. The only retired item I've ever sold (from what I remember) was a Wind Sprite for just 1.2 mil. I prize and treasure all of my retired items because to me, they're like artifacts of a time long ago, and are full of great memories as a result. Sentimental for a bunch of pixels, I know, but they nevertheless mean something to me.

2. The market is already on such shaky legs that the reintroduction of 'retired' items could very well cause it to crash, and their value to, well, crash as well. And what's to say that a 'retired' item is special anymore if everybody can buy it for 50x less its original price? It's not meant to be exclusionary, it's meant to give value.

3. Quite a few newbies I've talked to said that they love the challenge of saving up money for retired items. In fact, many of them stated that they wouldn't go after those items if they were more common, and more easily obtainable. I personally gave up on a few retired items I missed because well, they came back (ex. bears, etc) and I waited until the market became saturated enough to buy them for mere pennies. I still throw bears into Baldwin's Brew because they go for so cheap due to how many flooded the AH when NotN rolled around.

I'm definitely not looking for any fights, so please don't take this comment the wrong way. I'm just looking at the issue as both an experience player, and someone who struggled as a newbie until 2015, when I finally got the hang of playing the AH and developing strategies to gain more treasure at a faster pace. People can say that it's not fair to the newbies, but what's a game without some difficulty?
w7Z8MA5.png
i love roundsey sm!! ;_;
i love roundsey sm!! ;_;
fO3c3Bn.png oouioVf.png
mlHpBMC.png
EhlmcQh.png
b r e a k i t
b r e a k i t
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
Yaaay!! New NPC!!!
Yaaay!! New NPC!!!
deity_gladekeeper_by_dogi_crimson-dabusrb.gifnature_0.pngnature_1.png9p.png
I share Gaia's concern
In fact, the value of speedy has already dropped due to the anticipation of the release of the 5 new speedys.
The price of speedy was previously around 2200-2500g but it has dropped to about 1800g in an extremely short time span.
I'm hoping the prices stabilize to where they were before once the raffle is over but this is not looking good. Please be careful with the retired items (please don't go releasing 5 light sprites). Thank you for your consideration.
I share Gaia's concern
In fact, the value of speedy has already dropped due to the anticipation of the release of the 5 new speedys.
The price of speedy was previously around 2200-2500g but it has dropped to about 1800g in an extremely short time span.
I'm hoping the prices stabilize to where they were before once the raffle is over but this is not looking good. Please be careful with the retired items (please don't go releasing 5 light sprites). Thank you for your consideration.
JQCpKiY.giftumblr_p428paQOgy1x5ha76o3_r1_400.png0Srkgnv.gif

oJznFHE.pngw1D3UIp.png0hyMzkb.pngA5GvKXK.png
Eh, not excited about this update.
Eh, not excited about this update.
Quetzal - 22 - Any Pronouns - Autistic - GLaDOS fan- Sci-Fi Artist and Writer
1 2 ... 72 73 74 75 76 ... 109 110