Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 109 110
[quote name="crimedog" date="2018-08-22 13:52:26" ] I love the Roundsey update! My only issue is that it's sort of a treasure sink which, after reading both sides of the conflict, I have to agree that should have a limit. There are many younger teenagers on this site that will definitely sink their treasure into it, and it sort of encourages compulsive gambling behaviors? My recommendation is setting the limit at like, 500 tickets, since that's still a large amount, but not like, ludicrously large. [/quote] @crimedog I know what I said in my previous post (that I'm against any limits), but 500 tickets (250tk) seems reasonable and is, in fact, the only reasonable value I've seen be assigned for the limit, so kudos to you! I also agree that it might encourage gambling behaviours, but the FR community has been hosting in-flight/out-of-flight raffles since they cropped up in late 2013. If anybody's going to get addicted, they have many chances to start gambling here on FR, ha ha!
crimedog wrote on 2018-08-22 13:52:26:
I love the Roundsey update! My only issue is that it's sort of a treasure sink which, after reading both sides of the conflict, I have to agree that should have a limit. There are many younger teenagers on this site that will definitely sink their treasure into it, and it sort of encourages compulsive gambling behaviors? My recommendation is setting the limit at like, 500 tickets, since that's still a large amount, but not like, ludicrously large.

@crimedog

I know what I said in my previous post (that I'm against any limits), but 500 tickets (250tk) seems reasonable and is, in fact, the only reasonable value I've seen be assigned for the limit, so kudos to you! I also agree that it might encourage gambling behaviours, but the FR community has been hosting in-flight/out-of-flight raffles since they cropped up in late 2013. If anybody's going to get addicted, they have many chances to start gambling here on FR, ha ha!
w7Z8MA5.png
Exciting!! I just wonder what will happen if the winner of the grand prize dragon has a full lair, will it be held until room is made or will it go to the next available winner?
Exciting!! I just wonder what will happen if the winner of the grand prize dragon has a full lair, will it be held until room is made or will it go to the next available winner?
tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo6_500.png
Does she an have extra arm?! She looks so cool, and this is an awesome feature, but the art, look close! She has an extra left arm/wing. We now have a mutant Spiral dragon in the Trading Post and she is so cool!
Does she an have extra arm?! She looks so cool, and this is an awesome feature, but the art, look close! She has an extra left arm/wing. We now have a mutant Spiral dragon in the Trading Post and she is so cool!
omg
omg
lightning.giftumblr_inline_nbefjh6UpE1qg78ij.pngoQlTGMl.png
[quote name="ECDOCD" date="2018-08-22 13:57:16" ] Exciting!! I just wonder what will happen if the winner of the grand prize dragon has a full lair, will it be held until room is made or will it go to the next available winner? [/quote] Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember reading one of the dev's say that the dragon will go to the next winner. :-)
ECDOCD wrote on 2018-08-22 13:57:16:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember reading one of the dev's say that the dragon will go to the next winner. :-)
w7Z8MA5.png
Quote:

When rollover hits, Roundsey will draw winners by highest value prizes first

How is the value of the prizes determined? Is there potential to create an "official" gem ratio?
Quote:

When rollover hits, Roundsey will draw winners by highest value prizes first

How is the value of the prizes determined? Is there potential to create an "official" gem ratio?
2e2UMYR.png
[quote name="Rookery" date="2018-08-22 14:00:32" ] [quote name="ECDOCD" date="2018-08-22 13:57:16" ] Exciting!! I just wonder what will happen if the winner of the grand prize dragon has a full lair, will it be held until room is made or will it go to the next available winner? [/quote] Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember reading one of the dev's say that the dragon will go to the next winner. :-) [/quote] [quote]When determining the winners of dragon prizes, Roundsey will only select from a pool of eligible players. To be eligible for the dragon prizes, you will need to have an empty slot in your lair when rollover hits, as the dragon will be automatically placed there when awarded.[/quote] If you do not have a space open, you aren't even in the pool (ie, your name can't be selected)
Rookery wrote on 2018-08-22 14:00:32:
ECDOCD wrote on 2018-08-22 13:57:16:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember reading one of the dev's say that the dragon will go to the next winner. :-)
Quote:
When determining the winners of dragon prizes, Roundsey will only select from a pool of eligible players. To be eligible for the dragon prizes, you will need to have an empty slot in your lair when rollover hits, as the dragon will be automatically placed there when awarded.

If you do not have a space open, you aren't even in the pool (ie, your name can't be selected)
ZQGfAQY.png
Roundsey's is so precious QwQ

Really sad to see the Trading post change so drastically, but kinda understandable. Hope we can get something similar in the not so far future? :'D
But not too salty seeing as it's now far more screen-reader freindly.

I was preocupied at first when I saw there was no limit to the tickets, but seeing as is one prize per person, it balances pretty well.
... And treasure sinks are always good.

Also, people, is only 5 Speedies. If what the staffs says is right, there are other 500, give or take, out there. Maybe right now Speedy prices will go down BECAUSE everyone is geting into panic mode, when in some months from now they'll be back up. Relax.
Roundsey's is so precious QwQ

Really sad to see the Trading post change so drastically, but kinda understandable. Hope we can get something similar in the not so far future? :'D
But not too salty seeing as it's now far more screen-reader freindly.

I was preocupied at first when I saw there was no limit to the tickets, but seeing as is one prize per person, it balances pretty well.
... And treasure sinks are always good.

Also, people, is only 5 Speedies. If what the staffs says is right, there are other 500, give or take, out there. Maybe right now Speedy prices will go down BECAUSE everyone is geting into panic mode, when in some months from now they'll be back up. Relax.
rairai_by_thecomposerrn-dbrohjs.pngaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame_me_by_thecomposerrn-dbrogh4.png
SHE HERE
SHE HERE
tumblr_oswd8ljZCm1v8lm95o2_75sq.png
Vines - They/Them
lord of cringe
tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o2_75sq.gif
Art Shop
Hatchery
+0 FR Time

thDLJf3.png
0LmIW1J.png mxk5Q9c.png
LMgDkTa.gif
@crimedog

(Promise I'm not yelling, I just love discussing this stuff and I grabbed your name because it was recent, so hope you don't mind a text wall)

I think a cap wouldn't be horrible. That said, there was another site I ran an ongoing raffle on a few years back (which reminds me, I need to go clean up the mess I may have made when I disappeared, whoops) with prizes every time we hit a goal in the raffle.

There was no ticket limit in the raffle.

I actually loved it as a result. The players who contributed most were more likely to get prizes. Yet they weren't guaranteed to get them. Every time 1,000 tickets were sold, I would raffle off prizes. There were times when the person who sent in 600 tickets would win a prize. There were times when they wouldn't. There were times when that player who sent in 1 ticket won the best prize. Everyone had a chance, but the more you contributed, the better your chances.

It makes sense to me.

The idea of this raffle is that it is a treasure sink, while providing an option for some prizes that are supposed to be incredibly hard to get. Treasure sinks benefit the game's economy. The more an individual contributes to the treasure sink, the more likely they are to be rewarded. However, they are not guaranteed a win, and those who can only contribute a little will also have a chance.

Instead of looking at it in terms of "the poor players aren't being given a chance", I see it as a balancing feature for FR. Without the raffle, there is very little chance that players without much treasure/time will get these items. With the raffle, they are given that opportunity. Everyone can contribute what they can afford, and in the end that could mean that the players with more treasure spend more and the players with less spend less, which would help even things out a little.

Now, looking at it if there is a ticket limit.

What I would predict is that people (or maybe it would be just me) would feel pressured to raise enough treasure to meet the ticket limit every week, rather than weighing their options and deciding what they can afford.

This would probably be less healthy.

I play several gacha games. My parallel (though not an exact parallel) is to events where you can spend your event currency on rewards. Sometimes in the shops there are items you can buy an infinite number of, while other items you have a limited amount you can buy.

What I found is that I'm much more comfortable spending responsibly when there is an infinite amount available, while when there is a limited amount I feel pressure (though this is psychological) to get all of them, regardless of my actual need/means to gather the event currency.
@crimedog

(Promise I'm not yelling, I just love discussing this stuff and I grabbed your name because it was recent, so hope you don't mind a text wall)

I think a cap wouldn't be horrible. That said, there was another site I ran an ongoing raffle on a few years back (which reminds me, I need to go clean up the mess I may have made when I disappeared, whoops) with prizes every time we hit a goal in the raffle.

There was no ticket limit in the raffle.

I actually loved it as a result. The players who contributed most were more likely to get prizes. Yet they weren't guaranteed to get them. Every time 1,000 tickets were sold, I would raffle off prizes. There were times when the person who sent in 600 tickets would win a prize. There were times when they wouldn't. There were times when that player who sent in 1 ticket won the best prize. Everyone had a chance, but the more you contributed, the better your chances.

It makes sense to me.

The idea of this raffle is that it is a treasure sink, while providing an option for some prizes that are supposed to be incredibly hard to get. Treasure sinks benefit the game's economy. The more an individual contributes to the treasure sink, the more likely they are to be rewarded. However, they are not guaranteed a win, and those who can only contribute a little will also have a chance.

Instead of looking at it in terms of "the poor players aren't being given a chance", I see it as a balancing feature for FR. Without the raffle, there is very little chance that players without much treasure/time will get these items. With the raffle, they are given that opportunity. Everyone can contribute what they can afford, and in the end that could mean that the players with more treasure spend more and the players with less spend less, which would help even things out a little.

Now, looking at it if there is a ticket limit.

What I would predict is that people (or maybe it would be just me) would feel pressured to raise enough treasure to meet the ticket limit every week, rather than weighing their options and deciding what they can afford.

This would probably be less healthy.

I play several gacha games. My parallel (though not an exact parallel) is to events where you can spend your event currency on rewards. Sometimes in the shops there are items you can buy an infinite number of, while other items you have a limited amount you can buy.

What I found is that I'm much more comfortable spending responsibly when there is an infinite amount available, while when there is a limited amount I feel pressure (though this is psychological) to get all of them, regardless of my actual need/means to gather the event currency.
7j2QAB9.png stained glass rose badge nCFIQSX.png 2IfV7Y9.png
1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 109 110