Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Roundsey's Raffle Roulette
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 109 110
[quote name="Vulpess" date="2018-08-22 13:14:51" ] [quote name="EarthTiger" date="2018-08-22 13:00:11" ] [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2018-08-22 06:42:49" ] [quote name="Falcolmreynolds" date="2018-08-22 06:38:41" ] Quick question: will there be new Trading Post art? I loved the stalls and the buttons are a little saddening :( I hope we get to see Roundsey stall art! [/quote] At this time, we don't have plans to redraw the Trading Post. The change was made to make the site UI more cohesive and a bit better for mobile players. It also has the added benefit of letting us add more Trading Post friends in the future, should we decide to! [/quote] I use mobile all the time, and the old one was just fine. I hope one day you reconsider and make the Trading Post a bit more lively - it's so boring and generic now. I understand the change, and I'm not saying you should go back to the exact thing it used to be. But this button system is the least interesting choice. [/quote] Don't mean to make a quote pyramid thingy, but this. I too play on mobile a lot, and the old Trading Post was perfectly fine. I hope we'll get something similar to the old one someday. I also can't help but be concerned about the unlimited tickets, would love a staff post on why exactly you chose to do it that way. ^^" At any rate, I love Roundsey, she's gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing how the raffle will play out as time goes. x) [/quote] Another tier in the quote pyramid lol! My suggestion is to go back to something resembling the original artwork, with one modification - have one "slot" be a sign to click to go to the other side of the trading post. Then the other side will provide room for expansion. So far, I'm loving the prizes! Gold muck is always useful; I've been wanting to try out the new starmap gene but just couldn't afford it; I'm always looking for new familiars; and a triple X cyan Lightning? Awesomesauce! I hate ridgebacks, especially males, but that can be fixed. (Hey dude, wanna be a Skydancer? Too bad, you're gonna be one anyway!)
Vulpess wrote on 2018-08-22 13:14:51:
EarthTiger wrote on 2018-08-22 13:00:11:
Xhaztol wrote on 2018-08-22 06:42:49:
Falcolmreynolds wrote on 2018-08-22 06:38:41:
Quick question: will there be new Trading Post art? I loved the stalls and the buttons are a little saddening :( I hope we get to see Roundsey stall art!

At this time, we don't have plans to redraw the Trading Post. The change was made to make the site UI more cohesive and a bit better for mobile players. It also has the added benefit of letting us add more Trading Post friends in the future, should we decide to!
I use mobile all the time, and the old one was just fine. I hope one day you reconsider and make the Trading Post a bit more lively - it's so boring and generic now. I understand the change, and I'm not saying you should go back to the exact thing it used to be. But this button system is the least interesting choice.

Don't mean to make a quote pyramid thingy, but this. I too play on mobile a lot, and the old Trading Post was perfectly fine. I hope we'll get something similar to the old one someday.

I also can't help but be concerned about the unlimited tickets, would love a staff post on why exactly you chose to do it that way. ^^"

At any rate, I love Roundsey, she's gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing how the raffle will play out as time goes. x)

Another tier in the quote pyramid lol!

My suggestion is to go back to something resembling the original artwork, with one modification - have one "slot" be a sign to click to go to the other side of the trading post. Then the other side will provide room for expansion.

So far, I'm loving the prizes! Gold muck is always useful; I've been wanting to try out the new starmap gene but just couldn't afford it; I'm always looking for new familiars; and a triple X cyan Lightning? Awesomesauce! I hate ridgebacks, especially males, but that can be fixed. (Hey dude, wanna be a Skydancer? Too bad, you're gonna be one anyway!)

windmid.png
tumblr_nqzcnveuCa1uzc8vbo1_500.png
windmid.png
[quote name="Satanic" date="2018-08-22 13:08:32" ] [quote name="TopazMutiny" date="2018-08-22 13:04:49" ] [quote name="Satanic" date="2018-08-22 12:57:19" ] [quote name="SilverQuark" date="2018-08-22 12:49:33" ] "We don't want to change the availability of retired items or flood the market with them!", said the staff. "We'll release a whole 5 new Speedy familiars!", said the staff then. How many Speedy are there on the AH right now? Twelve. I paid my Speedy around 2kg. With five more Speedy being released, if all of them go on the AH, the availability of a retired familiar is now increased by almost 50%. Prices will DEFINITELY drop as a consequence. This is a DRASTIC change in the market. I'm sorry staff members, if what you wanted was to not change the market, then you're doing it very wrong. In fact, I'm not pleased about this at all. Not only it's unfair to the players who have been here forever, it's also unfair to the newer players like me who worked hard to afford things that only the older ones had, only to see them dip in price after the introduction of a new site feature. If what you want is to not change the market, then you won't want to introduce more than one extra copy of a retired item over the course of a year, not the course of a week that the raffle is running. This IS flooding the market. [/quote] This, lol. This is embarrassing. [/quote] I know, right? It’s so embarrassing to see people whine about this and don’t realize that Auction House =/= Total in Existence. Oh no, there are 5 Speedys in Roundsey which automatically means all 5 will totally be put up for auction and tank the market unlike the other 483+ (math based on rare goods being 1% or less of currently existing items) Speedys that aren’t being sold at all and likely never will! That’s a ridiculous assumption to jump to. [/quote] Wow really, had no idea. Thanks for clarifying that. I own multiple Speedies, I was there when they handed them out. Take your sanctimony elsewhere. [/quote] ... I’m sorry but did you just suggest that my glee at seeing the horrible economy burn to the ground is morally superior? I mean if that’s your view, cool, but I think you missed my point that based on site statistics the devs are certainly keeping their word of not adding too much, so people shouldn’t be getting all super salty over it. I eat salt like some salt-licking horse demon.
Satanic wrote on 2018-08-22 13:08:32:
TopazMutiny wrote on 2018-08-22 13:04:49:
Satanic wrote on 2018-08-22 12:57:19:
SilverQuark wrote on 2018-08-22 12:49:33:
"We don't want to change the availability of retired items or flood the market with them!", said the staff.

"We'll release a whole 5 new Speedy familiars!", said the staff then.

How many Speedy are there on the AH right now? Twelve.

I paid my Speedy around 2kg. With five more Speedy being released, if all of them go on the AH, the availability of a retired familiar is now increased by almost 50%. Prices will DEFINITELY drop as a consequence. This is a DRASTIC change in the market.

I'm sorry staff members, if what you wanted was to not change the market, then you're doing it very wrong. In fact, I'm not pleased about this at all. Not only it's unfair to the players who have been here forever, it's also unfair to the newer players like me who worked hard to afford things that only the older ones had, only to see them dip in price after the introduction of a new site feature.

If what you want is to not change the market, then you won't want to introduce more than one extra copy of a retired item over the course of a year, not the course of a week that the raffle is running. This IS flooding the market.

This, lol. This is embarrassing.
I know, right? It’s so embarrassing to see people whine about this and don’t realize that Auction House =/= Total in Existence. Oh no, there are 5 Speedys in Roundsey which automatically means all 5 will totally be put up for auction and tank the market unlike the other 483+ (math based on rare goods being 1% or less of currently existing items) Speedys that aren’t being sold at all and likely never will!

That’s a ridiculous assumption to jump to.

Wow really, had no idea. Thanks for clarifying that. I own multiple Speedies, I was there when they handed them out. Take your sanctimony elsewhere.
... I’m sorry but did you just suggest that my glee at seeing the horrible economy burn to the ground is morally superior? I mean if that’s your view, cool, but I think you missed my point that based on site statistics the devs are certainly keeping their word of not adding too much, so people shouldn’t be getting all super salty over it. I eat salt like some salt-licking horse demon.
-AchievementGet-
bought some raffle tickets! :D

EDIT: I do, however, agree with those saying there ought to be some sort of limit. Maybe not a particularly low limit, but it does seem ridiculous that someone might be able to afford 1000 tickets while someone just starting out, low on funds, or just not willing to gamble so much can only get a few.
bought some raffle tickets! :D

EDIT: I do, however, agree with those saying there ought to be some sort of limit. Maybe not a particularly low limit, but it does seem ridiculous that someone might be able to afford 1000 tickets while someone just starting out, low on funds, or just not willing to gamble so much can only get a few.
tumblr_p6gp1m9lyg1taiykwo1_540.png
Ummm yes??? I love Roudsey's design *-*
Ummm yes??? I love Roudsey's design *-*
I miss pings - DMs work better. Semi-hiatus.
The number of Speedys in the AH has doubled in the last 5 hours, and the raffle ones aren't even handed out yet. With these small numbers it could be coincidence, but I think it is very possible that the raffling of retired items can have an effect beyond simply the winners selling the ones they won.
The number of Speedys in the AH has doubled in the last 5 hours, and the raffle ones aren't even handed out yet. With these small numbers it could be coincidence, but I think it is very possible that the raffling of retired items can have an effect beyond simply the winners selling the ones they won.
2e2UMYR.png
SHE IS HERE
SHE IS HERE
I think people are overestimating how many tickets "rich" players are going to buy lol. Why would they throw a ton of treasure for a chance at something rare, when they can just not take that chance and buy it outright?

There absolutely should not be a limit on tickets. I would argue that that's the most important part of this feature by far. This is not a charity give-away, it is a huge treasure sink. That is so important. If anything, we should be wanting the rich players to be buying a ton of tickets. The more treasure that leaves the economy, the more valuable treasure will be. o/
I think people are overestimating how many tickets "rich" players are going to buy lol. Why would they throw a ton of treasure for a chance at something rare, when they can just not take that chance and buy it outright?

There absolutely should not be a limit on tickets. I would argue that that's the most important part of this feature by far. This is not a charity give-away, it is a huge treasure sink. That is so important. If anything, we should be wanting the rich players to be buying a ton of tickets. The more treasure that leaves the economy, the more valuable treasure will be. o/
Q7HH0eK.png
760k tickets bought
what happens when that hits 999k?

a cap would be best
760k tickets bought
what happens when that hits 999k?

a cap would be best
Drakengard.gif
[quote name="fishcycle" date="2018-08-22 13:34:06" ] I think people are overestimating how many tickets "rich" players are going to buy lol. Why would they throw a ton of treasure for a chance at something rare, when they can just not take that chance and buy it outright? There absolutely should not be a limit on tickets. I would argue that that's the most important part of this feature by far. This is not a charity give-away, it is a huge treasure sink. That is so important. If anything, we should be wanting the rich players to be buying a ton of tickets. The more treasure that leaves the economy, the more valuable treasure will be. o/ [/quote] As a constantly broke player I second that.
fishcycle wrote on 2018-08-22 13:34:06:

As a constantly broke player I second that.
heEdE34.pngeO3BVs7.png
As someone who often tracks the market for rare/retired items (I have a spreadsheet I made where I keep track of the AH prices of literally hundreds of retired skins and festival items), I don't think this is going to be detrimental to the economy at all. Any fluctuations will likely be temporary or completely based off of fear.

Things often see with rare, retired items, sometimes within the same day:

- There is one available for, say, 10,000g. Then it finally gets sold. A couple days later another pops up for 2,000g because there is no base price. It gets sold. Then one pops up for 7,000g.

- An item only has 2 listings in the AH. By the end of the day there are 10. When looking carefully over time, you can see this is simply due to expired auctions being relisted.

- The prices fluctuate, a lot, even week to week. I've seen items up for about 5,000g for a month and then suddenly one pops up for 1,000g and by the next week it's averaging 1,000g or so. Then another week later those are sold and the price goes back up to 7,000g.

Any changes in the market you are seeing did not necessarily happen just because of this update. While the influence could be there, it's not something that hasn't happened before. We all live. Selling rare items is a pain. Buying them is a pain. That's not going to change.
As someone who often tracks the market for rare/retired items (I have a spreadsheet I made where I keep track of the AH prices of literally hundreds of retired skins and festival items), I don't think this is going to be detrimental to the economy at all. Any fluctuations will likely be temporary or completely based off of fear.

Things often see with rare, retired items, sometimes within the same day:

- There is one available for, say, 10,000g. Then it finally gets sold. A couple days later another pops up for 2,000g because there is no base price. It gets sold. Then one pops up for 7,000g.

- An item only has 2 listings in the AH. By the end of the day there are 10. When looking carefully over time, you can see this is simply due to expired auctions being relisted.

- The prices fluctuate, a lot, even week to week. I've seen items up for about 5,000g for a month and then suddenly one pops up for 1,000g and by the next week it's averaging 1,000g or so. Then another week later those are sold and the price goes back up to 7,000g.

Any changes in the market you are seeing did not necessarily happen just because of this update. While the influence could be there, it's not something that hasn't happened before. We all live. Selling rare items is a pain. Buying them is a pain. That's not going to change.
7j2QAB9.png stained glass rose badge nCFIQSX.png 2IfV7Y9.png
1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 62 ... 109 110