Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 111 112
@mayanaz
Oh jeez, I didn't even think of that. Heaven forbid someone wants Primal eyes from a different flight. Nobody wants to rent a nest upwards of a couple dozen times just to maybe get Primal for one hatchling. Although flight changing for eyes was the norm before this update, at least it made sense because there weren't items that could change eye types to something else. Now we have those but the ones in highest demand are retired and locked behind "just breed for it" and "but the lore" excuses.
@mayanaz
Oh jeez, I didn't even think of that. Heaven forbid someone wants Primal eyes from a different flight. Nobody wants to rent a nest upwards of a couple dozen times just to maybe get Primal for one hatchling. Although flight changing for eyes was the norm before this update, at least it made sense because there weren't items that could change eye types to something else. Now we have those but the ones in highest demand are retired and locked behind "just breed for it" and "but the lore" excuses.

“Denizens of the Volt-Lands”
She/They/He | FR Time +0
Support!

I wish we could address the primal eyes -- I get grossed out by almost all of them - but I understand why they can't cater to me. :/ I've hatched two primals so far and switched flights to avoid hatching one that really grossed me out. I guess I just wish it was optional to hatch rare-eyed dragons.
Support!

I wish we could address the primal eyes -- I get grossed out by almost all of them - but I understand why they can't cater to me. :/ I've hatched two primals so far and switched flights to avoid hatching one that really grossed me out. I guess I just wish it was optional to hatch rare-eyed dragons.
j3zsWMV.png
You know we're good when cruelty itself supports us

this is a really bad joke, i apologise
You know we're good when cruelty itself supports us

this is a really bad joke, i apologise
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
In case anyone's curious about the Common change, @/Jemadar is working on a nifty chart of the original Common vs. new Common (and tints) sorted by breed here:
https://flightrising.000webhostapp.com

Some of the changes aren't too terrible, but a lot of them are... pretty big, especially on adults. RIP Ice dragons; their eyes are all blue now. :'|

@/Illiobillium - And then there's the possibility of hatching a Primal/Multi and it's the wrong gender... Breeding projects for the rarest eyes, especially if they involve nest rentals, are a nightmare now. ;__;
In case anyone's curious about the Common change, @/Jemadar is working on a nifty chart of the original Common vs. new Common (and tints) sorted by breed here:
https://flightrising.000webhostapp.com

Some of the changes aren't too terrible, but a lot of them are... pretty big, especially on adults. RIP Ice dragons; their eyes are all blue now. :'|

@/Illiobillium - And then there's the possibility of hatching a Primal/Multi and it's the wrong gender... Breeding projects for the rarest eyes, especially if they involve nest rentals, are a nightmare now. ;__;
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
@ningyo
OH! That's interesting, I'll feature it in the first post
@ningyo
OH! That's interesting, I'll feature it in the first post
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
Heck I support it. I'm not in plague flight, but primal plague would be cool as HECK to have on a dragon.

I don't want to kill my treasure count for it, though.
Heck I support it. I'm not in plague flight, but primal plague would be cool as HECK to have on a dragon.

I don't want to kill my treasure count for it, though.
love this! i doubt it'll be implemented now, but it'd be so nice to have something like this!
love this! i doubt it'll be implemented now, but it'd be so nice to have something like this!
nzqnkq.png
[quote]I'm not in plague flight[/quote] And this is a great option for everyone who has different elemental dragons in their lairs to get primal eyes without nest renting. Since we have no site supported, 2P breeding nest renting mechanic, allowing players to get the really unique primal eyes from other flights without risking their dragons is a huge pro for this suggestion. We don't even know if the staff ever will give us nest rentals and/or 2P breeding, which means the only way players can get other flights' primal eyes is through unsanctioned methods (with crazy low RNG odds) and risk their dragons. This update may lead to an increase in nest renting scams as a result. So adding this suggestion has a benefit of cutting those down--yet another reason why we should have individual vials and/or cycling scattervials.
Quote:
I'm not in plague flight

And this is a great option for everyone who has different elemental dragons in their lairs to get primal eyes without nest renting. Since we have no site supported, 2P breeding nest renting mechanic, allowing players to get the really unique primal eyes from other flights without risking their dragons is a huge pro for this suggestion.

We don't even know if the staff ever will give us nest rentals and/or 2P breeding, which means the only way players can get other flights' primal eyes is through unsanctioned methods (with crazy low RNG odds) and risk their dragons.

This update may lead to an increase in nest renting scams as a result. So adding this suggestion has a benefit of cutting those down--yet another reason why we should have individual vials and/or cycling scattervials.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I do think this could co-exist with RNG eye nest since there'd be two different markets. Players who want to apply new eyes on old dragons aren't going to buy hatchlings that win the eye lottery. And dragons with good colors and good eyes are going to sell just as well as any well-bred hatchling--perhaps they'll sell even better once we get the dragon storage space feature and players can have more dragons. I'm sure lair caps are currently negatively impacting a lot of impulse buys (although I feel that lair caps are needed as a resource management, server saver, and treasure sink.)
I do think this could co-exist with RNG eye nest since there'd be two different markets. Players who want to apply new eyes on old dragons aren't going to buy hatchlings that win the eye lottery. And dragons with good colors and good eyes are going to sell just as well as any well-bred hatchling--perhaps they'll sell even better once we get the dragon storage space feature and players can have more dragons. I'm sure lair caps are currently negatively impacting a lot of impulse buys (although I feel that lair caps are needed as a resource management, server saver, and treasure sink.)
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
^ Exactly! I think it would be just like how people still happily buy gened dragons (and pay premium for hot new colour/gene combos) even though scrolls exist for every gene. If someone is looking for pretty player-bred dragons to buy, they're more likely to look for ones that already have the genes they want instead of just buying a dragon with good colours and re-geneing it. It's cheaper and more practical.

Likewise, users who just want new-eyed babies in general are more likely to go for dragons on the AH/forum that already have those eyes instead of shelling out extra cash for a vial to make their own. The vials would mainly appeal to people with pre-update dragons that they want new eyes on, and people with specific dream dragon projects-- since the eyes can't be bred for like genes/breed/colours.

I doubt many people are going to want to spend 15 years breeding for an appropriately-gendered Imperial with an out-of-Flight Primal, and "Just get multiple identical pairs to increase the odds!" doesn't work so well if you have a very particular uncommon colour combo in mind... Not to mention that it's still, like, a 0.5% chance per nest to even hatch a Primal, and the threat of being "wegged" is still very real. :'V

If the Scattersights have to stay retired for some weird reason, alright-- but please give us some other way to get the awesome new eyes on our old favorites. ;o;

(Also, please give us Legacy vials to let us restore our old dragons' appearances. My G1 Plague PC still looks so lifeless and wrong, my old Wind permababy Noc is less cute, I'm still bothered by my Guardians' and Imperials' flat button eyes, and my Skydancers' even smaller eyes really bug me. :( And the newly-yellow Wind and Fire, and blue Ice...)
^ Exactly! I think it would be just like how people still happily buy gened dragons (and pay premium for hot new colour/gene combos) even though scrolls exist for every gene. If someone is looking for pretty player-bred dragons to buy, they're more likely to look for ones that already have the genes they want instead of just buying a dragon with good colours and re-geneing it. It's cheaper and more practical.

Likewise, users who just want new-eyed babies in general are more likely to go for dragons on the AH/forum that already have those eyes instead of shelling out extra cash for a vial to make their own. The vials would mainly appeal to people with pre-update dragons that they want new eyes on, and people with specific dream dragon projects-- since the eyes can't be bred for like genes/breed/colours.

I doubt many people are going to want to spend 15 years breeding for an appropriately-gendered Imperial with an out-of-Flight Primal, and "Just get multiple identical pairs to increase the odds!" doesn't work so well if you have a very particular uncommon colour combo in mind... Not to mention that it's still, like, a 0.5% chance per nest to even hatch a Primal, and the threat of being "wegged" is still very real. :'V

If the Scattersights have to stay retired for some weird reason, alright-- but please give us some other way to get the awesome new eyes on our old favorites. ;o;

(Also, please give us Legacy vials to let us restore our old dragons' appearances. My G1 Plague PC still looks so lifeless and wrong, my old Wind permababy Noc is less cute, I'm still bothered by my Guardians' and Imperials' flat button eyes, and my Skydancers' even smaller eyes really bug me. :( And the newly-yellow Wind and Fire, and blue Ice...)
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 111 112