Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 111 112
ok i said last post but [quote=inn]Well, with the way things are that mediocre dragon is the best that's going to exist. If there was never going to be eye type vials, would you consider buying it, or would you wait for a really good hatchling?[/quote] I wouldn't buy it because it's [i]still[/i] a mediocre dragon and not worth my 2kG. I'm not paying $20 (or hours of grinding and hard work) for something kinda ugly just because "it has rare eyes"; I'd wait for something better. I still don't understand why you think the vials would doom poor users and newbies to poverty indefinitely (which is objectively wrong), or why you seem convinced that nobody would ever buy rare-eyed dragons ever again if vials existed (also wrong), but... I guess I'm out of things to say. :'/
ok i said last post but
inn wrote:
Well, with the way things are that mediocre dragon is the best that's going to exist. If there was never going to be eye type vials, would you consider buying it, or would you wait for a really good hatchling?

I wouldn't buy it because it's still a mediocre dragon and not worth my 2kG. I'm not paying $20 (or hours of grinding and hard work) for something kinda ugly just because "it has rare eyes"; I'd wait for something better.

I still don't understand why you think the vials would doom poor users and newbies to poverty indefinitely (which is objectively wrong), or why you seem convinced that nobody would ever buy rare-eyed dragons ever again if vials existed (also wrong), but... I guess I'm out of things to say. :'/
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
@Ningyo

Ehhh if you want a response then it's well, if you're seeking dragons that can be great, and you could buy a gorgeous fully gened but common dragon (200g) or a rare-eyed dragon with the same colors but bad genes (2000g), which would be cheaper, to give eyes to the common one, or to gene the rare-eyed one? I think it's the common dragon most often, which would defeat the purpose of breeding.

I think we're talking in circles at this point though, so I'd be happy to leave it at that.
@Ningyo

Ehhh if you want a response then it's well, if you're seeking dragons that can be great, and you could buy a gorgeous fully gened but common dragon (200g) or a rare-eyed dragon with the same colors but bad genes (2000g), which would be cheaper, to give eyes to the common one, or to gene the rare-eyed one? I think it's the common dragon most often, which would defeat the purpose of breeding.

I think we're talking in circles at this point though, so I'd be happy to leave it at that.
Gem sales
@ningyo I know I know, sorry I didn't point out that I was referring to:
"You still played Fruit Machine every day though, right? The chance is quite slim, but it's there. The same with breeding-- and like Fruit Machine, breeding isn't a loss if you fail."

OOPS.
All in all I'm sure we'd rather spend time on playing and getting RNG-based drops that reward us than not playing and spending money on RNG based items that hold 0.8% chance of rewarding us.
@ningyo I know I know, sorry I didn't point out that I was referring to:
"You still played Fruit Machine every day though, right? The chance is quite slim, but it's there. The same with breeding-- and like Fruit Machine, breeding isn't a loss if you fail."

OOPS.
All in all I'm sure we'd rather spend time on playing and getting RNG-based drops that reward us than not playing and spending money on RNG based items that hold 0.8% chance of rewarding us.
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
This has my full support, it's very well thought out, and many angles are considered. I especially like the idea to make the different eye type vials obtainable through various ways (coli, baldwin, swipp, etc.) instead of just in the gen marketplace like others have suggested.
This has my full support, it's very well thought out, and many angles are considered. I especially like the idea to make the different eye type vials obtainable through various ways (coli, baldwin, swipp, etc.) instead of just in the gen marketplace like others have suggested.
2heep8h.jpg
@erinquotefinder
BLESS, thank you so much, I'm very glad you think so! I thought of it this way because it would add more required interaction with the site during festivals and that's something so many people have wanted for a very long time.
@erinquotefinder
BLESS, thank you so much, I'm very glad you think so! I thought of it this way because it would add more required interaction with the site during festivals and that's something so many people have wanted for a very long time.
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
@DeadBattery - Oh, alright! Yeah, that makes more sense, haha. :'D

I completely agree. Eye vials (or even just unretiring the scattersights) would be a lot more fun to work towards and try to get than just... spending potentially millions of Treasure on limited items to get Uncommon/Unusual over and over again.
@DeadBattery - Oh, alright! Yeah, that makes more sense, haha. :'D

I completely agree. Eye vials (or even just unretiring the scattersights) would be a lot more fun to work towards and try to get than just... spending potentially millions of Treasure on limited items to get Uncommon/Unusual over and over again.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
@inn
I've gotta say it
you're braver than any marine
@inn
I've gotta say it
you're braver than any marine
I also like using various FR mechanics compared to the marketplace because it would get players more involved in the site. However, I don't think the MP is a bad way to implement this at all because very often, I have seen players requesting more treasure sinks. So putting vials in the MP could help the economy. Either was are great in my book and much better than leaving things as-is.
I also like using various FR mechanics compared to the marketplace because it would get players more involved in the site. However, I don't think the MP is a bad way to implement this at all because very often, I have seen players requesting more treasure sinks. So putting vials in the MP could help the economy. Either was are great in my book and much better than leaving things as-is.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
I dont know if I voiced my support but yeah, full support!

I think it's fine to keep the scattersights retired, but players should have a way to add the event eyes to their dragons so I completely agree that we should have various vials. To be completely honest, I'm terrified as to what else can be added that can only be bred or randomized onto dragons. What if they add genes that only appear from unhatched eggs or that randomly happen onto dragons when hatched from nests?

Here's a little rant I was going to post another thread about retiring scattersights but it was deleted so lol.

During the event I used 100+ vials (80+ on one dragon to only get a rare eye type once out of those 80 times) and managed to hatch a primal gen one, still it feels like my hours in the coli frantically grinding and generally being disappointed made the event feel more stressful then fun. Only having a three day window to get a consumable item really sucks, the percentage of getting anhthing above rare is absolutely abysmal as well. Having specific eye vials (even just for multi, primal, and facet) would make all my disappointment from the event go away tbh, I think its fine to retire the scattersights, just give pre event players a way to get the new eyes on their old and beloved dragons.

As an added note, saying that they're adding new unnatural eyes really doesn't help because we don't know if the new eyes will look as good on our dragons that we've already scry'd with the eye types from the event. I'm also still a bit upset that the rates for anything above rare is so dang low, like 1% low. If it really is that hard to get primal/facet/multi then why the heck did the staff think it was a good idea to plaster the whole update of the 5th anniversary with only those eye types? Why not show off the more accessable ones, there wasn't even a single common to rare type shown on the graphics for the event, only the ones they knew the community would be hyped about.

All in all, sure retire the scattersights, just give us a way to give our permanent dragons eyes from the events. I can't just rebreed my whole lair, some were hatched on special occasions and nearly all of them are G1s. Really feels like old dragon collectors, G1 collectors and other niche groups got nothing out of this event except a slap to the face tbh. I really love the new eye types, just wish I cohld have them in my lair but I don't think anythings going to change and I'm worried about what else can be added in the future that will affect existing dragons.

(I did not realize how long this was, I am so sorry)
I dont know if I voiced my support but yeah, full support!

I think it's fine to keep the scattersights retired, but players should have a way to add the event eyes to their dragons so I completely agree that we should have various vials. To be completely honest, I'm terrified as to what else can be added that can only be bred or randomized onto dragons. What if they add genes that only appear from unhatched eggs or that randomly happen onto dragons when hatched from nests?

Here's a little rant I was going to post another thread about retiring scattersights but it was deleted so lol.

During the event I used 100+ vials (80+ on one dragon to only get a rare eye type once out of those 80 times) and managed to hatch a primal gen one, still it feels like my hours in the coli frantically grinding and generally being disappointed made the event feel more stressful then fun. Only having a three day window to get a consumable item really sucks, the percentage of getting anhthing above rare is absolutely abysmal as well. Having specific eye vials (even just for multi, primal, and facet) would make all my disappointment from the event go away tbh, I think its fine to retire the scattersights, just give pre event players a way to get the new eyes on their old and beloved dragons.

As an added note, saying that they're adding new unnatural eyes really doesn't help because we don't know if the new eyes will look as good on our dragons that we've already scry'd with the eye types from the event. I'm also still a bit upset that the rates for anything above rare is so dang low, like 1% low. If it really is that hard to get primal/facet/multi then why the heck did the staff think it was a good idea to plaster the whole update of the 5th anniversary with only those eye types? Why not show off the more accessable ones, there wasn't even a single common to rare type shown on the graphics for the event, only the ones they knew the community would be hyped about.

All in all, sure retire the scattersights, just give us a way to give our permanent dragons eyes from the events. I can't just rebreed my whole lair, some were hatched on special occasions and nearly all of them are G1s. Really feels like old dragon collectors, G1 collectors and other niche groups got nothing out of this event except a slap to the face tbh. I really love the new eye types, just wish I cohld have them in my lair but I don't think anythings going to change and I'm worried about what else can be added in the future that will affect existing dragons.

(I did not realize how long this was, I am so sorry)
OddOz
"My peace has always depended on the ashes in my wake"
-Hozier Arsonist's Lullaby
cRiDBwF.png
@fathergascoigne Thank you so much for your input, that pretty much sums up my entire relationship with the event. I used around 50 vials on Kneph yet I still didn't get anything and I'm just ajskdhkfdjhg about it. Plus, just three days prior the start of the event, my dear Grandma died and I was so busy during that weekend going around town dealing with stuff and taking care of Grandpa with Mum and Bro, it was so stressful and tbh that entire event was just a big "screw you" for me.
@fathergascoigne Thank you so much for your input, that pretty much sums up my entire relationship with the event. I used around 50 vials on Kneph yet I still didn't get anything and I'm just ajskdhkfdjhg about it. Plus, just three days prior the start of the event, my dear Grandma died and I was so busy during that weekend going around town dealing with stuff and taking care of Grandpa with Mum and Bro, it was so stressful and tbh that entire event was just a big "screw you" for me.
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 111 112