Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Various eye vials - 90% problem fixes
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 111 112
I'm also in the boat of being afraid to use the scattervials I earned. Do I keep them and sell them later at a high price? Do I actually scry my old perma dragons to see what new eyes they'd look good with and them attempt to gamble? I don't feel comfortable with either option as I don't want to waste vials. That, too, is cutting into my enjoyment of this feature.

Basically, these vials are: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TooAwesomeToUse
I'm also in the boat of being afraid to use the scattervials I earned. Do I keep them and sell them later at a high price? Do I actually scry my old perma dragons to see what new eyes they'd look good with and them attempt to gamble? I don't feel comfortable with either option as I don't want to waste vials. That, too, is cutting into my enjoyment of this feature.

Basically, these vials are: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TooAwesomeToUse
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
So much support!! This is really well thought out and still keeps the nature the eyes were meant to have.
So much support!! This is really well thought out and still keeps the nature the eyes were meant to have.
7AGqN22.pngShe/her | Arcane
Clan of the Arcane Storm | Gilded Inferno | Star Wood Mafia | Stormspire Institute
Art Shop
@DeadBattery

You're welcome, ugh I know right? It's like there is no pay off unless you use hundreds of vials and tbh its not even worth it, too much of a gamble. Oh man, I am so sorry for your loss...I hope you and your family find a way to cope and heal over time. :(

I really hope something happens soon regarding the whole event but I have a sneaking suspicion that we won't hear anything more then whats already been said.
@DeadBattery

You're welcome, ugh I know right? It's like there is no pay off unless you use hundreds of vials and tbh its not even worth it, too much of a gamble. Oh man, I am so sorry for your loss...I hope you and your family find a way to cope and heal over time. :(

I really hope something happens soon regarding the whole event but I have a sneaking suspicion that we won't hear anything more then whats already been said.
OddOz
"My peace has always depended on the ashes in my wake"
-Hozier Arsonist's Lullaby
cRiDBwF.png
I'm still bewildered that we got cool new eyes and an "updated" Common 5 years into the site... with no control over them at all, save for the Tempered vial and a highly limited, randomized vial with dismal odds. First year update? Maybe a little annoying, but alright, the site's still young; there won't be much damage dealt. Fifth year update? Why would you do that???

Changing the millions of dragons that users have collected, bred for, and spent money on over the years with no way back, and locking all pre-update users out from getting the new eyes on their favorite dragons (the Scattersight chances are so awful that they barely count, plus they're now retired) just... Seems like a really awful way to celebrate five years into the site???

It kinda feels like pre-update users-- the very ones who made it possible for FR to even have a 5th anniversary in the first place- just got the figurative middle finger. It's like, "Thanks for making the journey with us for the past 5 years! All of your old dragons have changed, and here's something awesome that your favorite old dragons can't have." :( It really stings, honestly. It doesn't feel like they thought this update through at all.

I doubt the staff meant to hurt so many people with this update, but that's why it's so important that they do something to clean up the mess. Legacy vials for pre-update users whose dragons were ruined with the new Common, eye-specific vials or at least unretiring Scattersights for users who want cool new eyes on their old favorites-- there are so many fixes that could be implemented that would make so many people happy.

Apologies don't feel sincere if they're just "Sorry for the stress, we think it's important that you're locked out of the new eyes for your dragons, yeah we changed the old art, sorry we forgot to say that" with no follow-up. :( I can only pray that the staff will actually listen to the suggestions for this whole debacle.

Please don't dig in your heels and decide that your original vision is more important than the happiness of the thousands of players who've kept the site afloat. ;;

[edit for typos]
I'm still bewildered that we got cool new eyes and an "updated" Common 5 years into the site... with no control over them at all, save for the Tempered vial and a highly limited, randomized vial with dismal odds. First year update? Maybe a little annoying, but alright, the site's still young; there won't be much damage dealt. Fifth year update? Why would you do that???

Changing the millions of dragons that users have collected, bred for, and spent money on over the years with no way back, and locking all pre-update users out from getting the new eyes on their favorite dragons (the Scattersight chances are so awful that they barely count, plus they're now retired) just... Seems like a really awful way to celebrate five years into the site???

It kinda feels like pre-update users-- the very ones who made it possible for FR to even have a 5th anniversary in the first place- just got the figurative middle finger. It's like, "Thanks for making the journey with us for the past 5 years! All of your old dragons have changed, and here's something awesome that your favorite old dragons can't have." :( It really stings, honestly. It doesn't feel like they thought this update through at all.

I doubt the staff meant to hurt so many people with this update, but that's why it's so important that they do something to clean up the mess. Legacy vials for pre-update users whose dragons were ruined with the new Common, eye-specific vials or at least unretiring Scattersights for users who want cool new eyes on their old favorites-- there are so many fixes that could be implemented that would make so many people happy.

Apologies don't feel sincere if they're just "Sorry for the stress, we think it's important that you're locked out of the new eyes for your dragons, yeah we changed the old art, sorry we forgot to say that" with no follow-up. :( I can only pray that the staff will actually listen to the suggestions for this whole debacle.

Please don't dig in your heels and decide that your original vision is more important than the happiness of the thousands of players who've kept the site afloat. ;;

[edit for typos]
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Oh yeah! On the topic of having the vials available in the MP vs. Baldwin/etc.: I think either would be fine, but I like the Baldwin/Swipp/Coli idea more because it helps them keep their rarity without being nigh-impossible to get (Scattersights, hatching). It would also encourage more interaction with the site and add new things to do on FR instead of a quick-and-easy purchase.

(Even if you do just purchase a vial from someone else, they still had to work for it, so it takes more effort overall than buying directly from the MP.)
Oh yeah! On the topic of having the vials available in the MP vs. Baldwin/etc.: I think either would be fine, but I like the Baldwin/Swipp/Coli idea more because it helps them keep their rarity without being nigh-impossible to get (Scattersights, hatching). It would also encourage more interaction with the site and add new things to do on FR instead of a quick-and-easy purchase.

(Even if you do just purchase a vial from someone else, they still had to work for it, so it takes more effort overall than buying directly from the MP.)
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Support, though i’d definitely lower the price on the multi vial by a little bit and change the ingredients
Support, though i’d definitely lower the price on the multi vial by a little bit and change the ingredients
pa4j.gif _ _______________
skye
any prns
fr +0

Nci3i99.png _ _______________
skye
any prns
fr +0

49zn.gif _ _______________
skye
any pronouns
fr +0

lykosbyfomeak.png _______________
skye
any pronouns
fr +0

49zn.gif _ _______________
skye
any pronouns
fr +0

dragon_doodles_roadkilled_sig.png _______________
road
any pronouns
fr +0
63782395_jQn5mCeAuPH7mh2.png
skyefall6309.gif _______________
road
he/she/they
fr +0
@heavyroads thank you for your support! I agree, but I changed it so many times already because some people thought it was too cheap, some people thought it was too pricey. It's up to the Staff to decide after all.

And WHAT THE HEC, your avatar nearly gave me a heart attack
@heavyroads thank you for your support! I agree, but I changed it so many times already because some people thought it was too cheap, some people thought it was too pricey. It's up to the Staff to decide after all.

And WHAT THE HEC, your avatar nearly gave me a heart attack
1163.pnglPHbqY1.png15295.pngdominator_magma_robot_by_defunctbattery-db7x12o.gifznkYagL.png
Please. I wasted so much trying to get primal on my one dragon. So. Much. Money. So i really hope they implement this. I want to be rewarded for it haha
Please. I wasted so much trying to get primal on my one dragon. So. Much. Money. So i really hope they implement this. I want to be rewarded for it haha
FOR STEAL A DRAGON GAMES PLEASE CHOOSE FROM MY HIBERNAL DEN!

tbWjxrJ.jpg
[center][quote name="CrescentMoon" date="2018-07-18 17:02:48" ] Please. I wasted so much trying to get primal on my one dragon. So. Much. Money. So i really hope they implement this. I want to be rewarded for it haha [/quote] Sadly I don't think Flightrising will reward you 0': you did gamble by spending all that money![/center]
CrescentMoon wrote on 2018-07-18 17:02:48:

Sadly I don't think Flightrising will reward you 0': you did gamble by spending all that money!
Total support! It would be great because I'm in Wind and would love to breed a pretty pink dragon with Arcane Primal. But I can't. Because I'm in Wind. But with this, I could buy any pretty pink Arcane dragon and give them Primal!
Total support! It would be great because I'm in Wind and would love to breed a pretty pink dragon with Arcane Primal. But I can't. Because I'm in Wind. But with this, I could buy any pretty pink Arcane dragon and give them Primal!
ZmzBHMQ.png Maya | She/Her | FR+0 SVwGCMX.png
1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 111 112