Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Things certainly have changed!
1 2
Hello everyone!

I'm an old FR player returned from the dead and man things have changed since I've left! Having been away for about three years, I seem to have missed several huge changes like the Auction house redesign? Also different eye types are now a thing? And the new fairground game that I cannot for the life of me figure out???

Believe me when I tell you, I am Confused.

Coli grinding has always been my go to, so I've fallen back on old faithful to get me restarted. Unfortunately, many of the places I would deposit fodder or higher level dragons seem to have fallen to the wayside? The Auction house is honestly a little overwhelming at this point, so I've been avoiding it for anything more complicated than selling off fodder I'm not willing to train up.

Any and all tips, tricks, and/or general guidance for your friendly elderly player would be above and beyond appreciated!
Hello everyone!

I'm an old FR player returned from the dead and man things have changed since I've left! Having been away for about three years, I seem to have missed several huge changes like the Auction house redesign? Also different eye types are now a thing? And the new fairground game that I cannot for the life of me figure out???

Believe me when I tell you, I am Confused.

Coli grinding has always been my go to, so I've fallen back on old faithful to get me restarted. Unfortunately, many of the places I would deposit fodder or higher level dragons seem to have fallen to the wayside? The Auction house is honestly a little overwhelming at this point, so I've been avoiding it for anything more complicated than selling off fodder I'm not willing to train up.

Any and all tips, tricks, and/or general guidance for your friendly elderly player would be above and beyond appreciated!
Yc1nS72.png
I read this in Morgan Freeman's voice

Honestly...I'm not sure where to begin. Some level guides may have been updated if you're looking tweak your higher level dragons, the auction house is a mess, The eye update was a mess...

If your looking for funds then maybe start gathering swip stand items? The Fanned cockroach is a good source of income
I read this in Morgan Freeman's voice

Honestly...I'm not sure where to begin. Some level guides may have been updated if you're looking tweak your higher level dragons, the auction house is a mess, The eye update was a mess...

If your looking for funds then maybe start gathering swip stand items? The Fanned cockroach is a good source of income
Ha! Morgan Freeman's a good choice for any reading imo

Ah, so it's not just me that's struggling. Welp, I guess I'll just trudge though the depths of Auctioning.

Great! Gathering items I can do :)

Thank you for the help CoopiCrumbs!
Ha! Morgan Freeman's a good choice for any reading imo

Ah, so it's not just me that's struggling. Welp, I guess I'll just trudge though the depths of Auctioning.

Great! Gathering items I can do :)

Thank you for the help CoopiCrumbs!
Yc1nS72.png
@Harspoon
For the new fairgrounds game, chatoyant has a fantastic guide here:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2477115

For everything that's happened, have a chronological update reference!
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2292781/1

The AH update might seem overwhelming initially, but hoo boy it is better than the old one. If you're hunting fodder, you can set up a range of prices in both gems and treasure and see only adults! Private auctions have no tax and are great for selling levelled fodder directly to people - it's a CR without the back-and-forth. Flight auction you can pretty much ignore, it's almost never used (and has the same tax as site-wide).

If you train using a Mire Flyer, there's been an update to it that came with the coliseum revamp. Tldr; first turn bug got fixed and now we can squish everything with rally-elim. Here are the new stats:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2234398

There's also a dom battle coming up in... a couple of weeks? if you're thinking of stocking up on fodder.
@Harspoon
For the new fairgrounds game, chatoyant has a fantastic guide here:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2477115

For everything that's happened, have a chronological update reference!
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2292781/1

The AH update might seem overwhelming initially, but hoo boy it is better than the old one. If you're hunting fodder, you can set up a range of prices in both gems and treasure and see only adults! Private auctions have no tax and are great for selling levelled fodder directly to people - it's a CR without the back-and-forth. Flight auction you can pretty much ignore, it's almost never used (and has the same tax as site-wide).

If you train using a Mire Flyer, there's been an update to it that came with the coliseum revamp. Tldr; first turn bug got fixed and now we can squish everything with rally-elim. Here are the new stats:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2234398

There's also a dom battle coming up in... a couple of weeks? if you're thinking of stocking up on fodder.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Welcome back! I looked at your profile and it looks like we joined on the same registration day in 2014
Things have definitely changed- I just came back after a long hiatus as well, and things like the new venues and art and keyboard controls for the coli are so new to me still (but pretty exciting!) if you need any specific help or just someone to talk to, I am often online c:
Welcome back! I looked at your profile and it looks like we joined on the same registration day in 2014
Things have definitely changed- I just came back after a long hiatus as well, and things like the new venues and art and keyboard controls for the coli are so new to me still (but pretty exciting!) if you need any specific help or just someone to talk to, I am often online c:
Eliminates are much more expensive these days, and coli got a fresh coat of paint. The turn eating glitch is gone but captchas or “camping” as they call it now dot your grinding. Some it throws off, other like the break in the monotony. We have a build that doesn’t need eliminates now, but it’s a little slower
Eliminates are much more expensive these days, and coli got a fresh coat of paint. The turn eating glitch is gone but captchas or “camping” as they call it now dot your grinding. Some it throws off, other like the break in the monotony. We have a build that doesn’t need eliminates now, but it’s a little slower
~She/her~
Don't be afraid to ping me
nature_small.png #UnnamedIsValid
Let them fight!
Welcome, Baldwin is a thing as are Bogsneaks!
Welcome, Baldwin is a thing as are Bogsneaks!
uCR5SCW.png
we have coliseum genes now!

i literally blew all my profits from selling one on a ghost scroll and some sylvan apparel
we have coliseum genes now!

i literally blew all my profits from selling one on a ghost scroll and some sylvan apparel
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
@Harspoon

Waiiiit nobody mentioned the colourwheel expansion yet!? There's a TON more colours now! Go play around in the Scrying Workshop, see what's new in dragon customisation - because there's a LOT.
@Harspoon

Waiiiit nobody mentioned the colourwheel expansion yet!? There's a TON more colours now! Go play around in the Scrying Workshop, see what's new in dragon customisation - because there's a LOT.
@Vendrus
Thank you! These references are incredibly helpful! The updated mire flyer in particular caught my attention immediately haha. It's interesting to see just how quickly everything changed!
I actually just started restocking fodder a few days ago in preparation for the dom battle :) I uh, might have gone a bit over board to be perfectly honest...

@Competitor
Thank you and welcome back! It seems like there's been an influx of old players returning recently haha
I'm delighted to find another person who has the same FR join date!!! Small world right? I will absolutely keep you in mind for old player questions and chatting about the good old days haha
I am loving the new keyboard controls for coli grinding. It takes the pressure off my dominant hand and makes things so much easier.

@Vendrus
Thank you! These references are incredibly helpful! The updated mire flyer in particular caught my attention immediately haha. It's interesting to see just how quickly everything changed!
I actually just started restocking fodder a few days ago in preparation for the dom battle :) I uh, might have gone a bit over board to be perfectly honest...

@Competitor
Thank you and welcome back! It seems like there's been an influx of old players returning recently haha
I'm delighted to find another person who has the same FR join date!!! Small world right? I will absolutely keep you in mind for old player questions and chatting about the good old days haha
I am loving the new keyboard controls for coli grinding. It takes the pressure off my dominant hand and makes things so much easier.

Yc1nS72.png
1 2