Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Adopt A Newbie
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30
@noleah

Username:
Zeneka

Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
I'm on a lot and I love helping people. I'm super addicted and in love with this place and would love to help it grow by giving newbies a good experience and helping to get them started and in love with the place as well~

How often do you get on FR?:
Every day!

How long do you typically spend on FR each day you get on?:
On the weekends all day >.> From the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed I have at least 2 or 3 FR tabs open XD. During the week, I have work, but I get on for about an hour at lunch and then I'm on all night after I get home, barring some random real life event like going out to eat or some such.

Which categories would you like to apply for?:
General (for now, I'd like to be around a tad bit longer before I apply for any 'specialization', but I'd say I have a good grasp on the general idea behind everything)

Have you adopted a newbie here before?:
Not exactly, though I have helped out about 10 members from a site I run who I got to join when they have random questions about things XD

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:
Of course~ And let me know when you have those threads up for sales and giveaways directed at newbies. I had a wonderful first few days here with many random strangers helping me out in amazing ways and I'd love to pay it forward and show newbies how awesome the community is here.
@noleah

Username:
Zeneka

Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
I'm on a lot and I love helping people. I'm super addicted and in love with this place and would love to help it grow by giving newbies a good experience and helping to get them started and in love with the place as well~

How often do you get on FR?:
Every day!

How long do you typically spend on FR each day you get on?:
On the weekends all day >.> From the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed I have at least 2 or 3 FR tabs open XD. During the week, I have work, but I get on for about an hour at lunch and then I'm on all night after I get home, barring some random real life event like going out to eat or some such.

Which categories would you like to apply for?:
General (for now, I'd like to be around a tad bit longer before I apply for any 'specialization', but I'd say I have a good grasp on the general idea behind everything)

Have you adopted a newbie here before?:
Not exactly, though I have helped out about 10 members from a site I run who I got to join when they have random questions about things XD

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:
Of course~ And let me know when you have those threads up for sales and giveaways directed at newbies. I had a wonderful first few days here with many random strangers helping me out in amazing ways and I'd love to pay it forward and show newbies how awesome the community is here.
@Zeneka
Accepted ^.^
@Zeneka
Accepted ^.^
@noleah Username: laukie257What areas do you want explained?:General please How did you find Flight Rising?:I come from Wajas What do you like best so far?:Dragons!! Any questions?: Many I'm sure, but none at this very moment.
@noleah Username: laukie257What areas do you want explained?:General please How did you find Flight Rising?:I come from Wajas What do you like best so far?:Dragons!! Any questions?: Many I'm sure, but none at this very moment.
2ptoxm0.jpg
This is such a nice thread, thank you!

@noleah
Username: mooreka
What areas do you want explained?: Economy, Items and a bit of the Coliseum, probably?
How did you find Flight Rising?: One of my friends linked me and told me to join. I saw dragons, and I kind of couldn't resist.
What do you like best so far?: I really enjoy everything, in all honesty! I really love how many different color dragons there are, and how many different combinations exist. It's a cool prospect!
Any questions?: I feel like I have a decent grasp on the coliseum, but making teams has never been my strong suit. Virtual economies make relative sense to me, I guess, but I'm never good at making money off of them. On a completely different note, basically every item listed in the material section baffles me. Do they have purposes?

thanks again for this thread! uwu
This is such a nice thread, thank you!

@noleah
Username: mooreka
What areas do you want explained?: Economy, Items and a bit of the Coliseum, probably?
How did you find Flight Rising?: One of my friends linked me and told me to join. I saw dragons, and I kind of couldn't resist.
What do you like best so far?: I really enjoy everything, in all honesty! I really love how many different color dragons there are, and how many different combinations exist. It's a cool prospect!
Any questions?: I feel like I have a decent grasp on the coliseum, but making teams has never been my strong suit. Virtual economies make relative sense to me, I guess, but I'm never good at making money off of them. On a completely different note, basically every item listed in the material section baffles me. Do they have purposes?

thanks again for this thread! uwu
huh?
@laukie257 @mooreka
laukie, your adopter will be @Arccy
mooreka, your adopter will be @xAsuna

Your adopter will notify you though PM as soon as possible. If they don't notify you within a week, they give you any problems, or they are being rude to you let me know so things can be sorted out ^.^ mooreka, the materials section is mostly useless right now, some you can trade to Swip or Crim in the Trading Post, but most is unusable for now. They will later be able to be used in a crafting system, but it isn't up yet. For now you can sell the items, but it would be smart to keep a few of all of them.
@laukie257 @mooreka
laukie, your adopter will be @Arccy
mooreka, your adopter will be @xAsuna

Your adopter will notify you though PM as soon as possible. If they don't notify you within a week, they give you any problems, or they are being rude to you let me know so things can be sorted out ^.^ mooreka, the materials section is mostly useless right now, some you can trade to Swip or Crim in the Trading Post, but most is unusable for now. They will later be able to be used in a crafting system, but it isn't up yet. For now you can sell the items, but it would be smart to keep a few of all of them.
@Aokuang
@Zeneka

I put up that post with the lists of helpful links and any giveaways or discounts for newbies, Aokuang, I added your thread as well.

And if anyone knows of more such threads let me know so I can add them! They don't necessarily have to be newbie-only as long as they include newbies.
@Aokuang
@Zeneka

I put up that post with the lists of helpful links and any giveaways or discounts for newbies, Aokuang, I added your thread as well.

And if anyone knows of more such threads let me know so I can add them! They don't necessarily have to be newbie-only as long as they include newbies.
@noleah found this coliseum guide a while ago that's rather helpful. Also found a set of useful links here.
@noleah found this coliseum guide a while ago that's rather helpful. Also found a set of useful links here.
@noleah
Username: SumTingWong
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I have a bit of experience at Coliseum battling. I regularly feature in the top 10 ranked players. (I am in the top 10 right now). I understand most fundamentals. You can see my guide here: My Coliseum Guide
How often do you get on FR?: Several times per day, sometimes more.
How long do you typically spend on FR each day you get on?: 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Which categories would you like to apply for?: Coliseum.
Have you adopted a newbie here before?: No.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:Respect and courtesy is given when shown. Mutual respect. But yes, I'm willing to set the tone for the better. ;)
@noleah
Username: SumTingWong
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I have a bit of experience at Coliseum battling. I regularly feature in the top 10 ranked players. (I am in the top 10 right now). I understand most fundamentals. You can see my guide here: My Coliseum Guide
How often do you get on FR?: Several times per day, sometimes more.
How long do you typically spend on FR each day you get on?: 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Which categories would you like to apply for?: Coliseum.
Have you adopted a newbie here before?: No.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:Respect and courtesy is given when shown. Mutual respect. But yes, I'm willing to set the tone for the better. ;)
FR_ShadowBan1_zps37b55c4b.png
... Is Sum Ting Wong?
@noleah
Username: Mancy
What areas do you want explained?: Coliseum, Breeding and the Economy!
How did you find Flight Rising?: My sister, who heard of it from a friend.
What do you like best so far?: I really enjoy just playing the crap out of runestones and pretending that my 2 dragon team has any chance in the coliseum (which is a LOT of fun!).
Any questions?: I keep reading that you have to focus with the stones you use on your dragons for them to fight and that stats mean less and that just baffles me, and the whole breeding system/what the economy actually wants/how to go for that/how to price things is just way too much for me right now. I'd really love to learn how to actually use the market and price things to my advantage, while still remaining fair! ;;;
@noleah
Username: Mancy
What areas do you want explained?: Coliseum, Breeding and the Economy!
How did you find Flight Rising?: My sister, who heard of it from a friend.
What do you like best so far?: I really enjoy just playing the crap out of runestones and pretending that my 2 dragon team has any chance in the coliseum (which is a LOT of fun!).
Any questions?: I keep reading that you have to focus with the stones you use on your dragons for them to fight and that stats mean less and that just baffles me, and the whole breeding system/what the economy actually wants/how to go for that/how to price things is just way too much for me right now. I'd really love to learn how to actually use the market and price things to my advantage, while still remaining fair! ;;;
@noleah
Username: Schwagbert
What areas do you want explained?: General
How did you find Flight Rising?: Girlfriend plays a lot of sims, showed me this and I love dragons. :3
What do you like best so far?: I haven't experienced much, but, I think the willingness to help new players is pretty astounding here.
Any questions?: What is the average speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
@noleah
Username: Schwagbert
What areas do you want explained?: General
How did you find Flight Rising?: Girlfriend plays a lot of sims, showed me this and I love dragons. :3
What do you like best so far?: I haven't experienced much, but, I think the willingness to help new players is pretty astounding here.
Any questions?: What is the average speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
plaguebringer_banner_small_by_theendisnearus-d8bxbln.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30