Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Adopt A Newbie
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30
[quote]Welcome! This, if it were not obvious, is a place where new and old members alike can come to be 'adopted' by a more experienced member who can help show them around FR, explain details, and generally help them along. If this looks familiar it may be because you've seen on other sites. This one is particular is fashioned after the one I made on Chicken Smoothie. Also, please remember since the site is new, and this thread fairly new, I will probably be modifying and changing it a lot to better work on this site. Every site is different, and requires a different way of running things. If you have a suggestion on how to improve the thread, throw me a PM! [b]What you need to know:[/b] [LIST] [*]In theis thread, a newbie is eomeone who does not understand how the site works, needs help getting around, or is generally confused about everything. [*]A Newbie can be someone who just joined today, or someone who joined weeks ago, but still hasn't gotten a hang on the site. [*] The users who help the newbies we call adopters, and these people can be both old and new, as long as they have a good grasp on gameplay. [/LIST][/quote] [center][b]: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :[/b][/center] [quote][center][b][color=green]FAQ[/color][/b][/center] [b]So how does this work?[/b] Well I use a little different method then just throwing some people out and saying 'pick someone to help'. Instead, people can apply to become adopters, and if they are accepted they are sorted into categories of what they know best, and a newbie can then get an adopter who can help them in all the areas they are confused in. This will be explained more later. [b]This is kinda long. Do I have to read all of it?[/b] People interested in becoming adopters do not need to read the newbie section, and newbies do not need to read the adopter section. Everything else you should read, it is important. [b]Can I be an adopter and a newbie?[/b] Generaly, anyone interested in such a thing would not truly be considered a newbie by this thread's standards. If you are able to become an adopter, then you are knowledgeable enough not to qualify as a newbie, and any knowledge you wish to gain would be easier, faster, and more reliably found by messaging knowledgeable people directly or posting in the help forums. [b]I just have a couple questions. Do I need to be adopted to get them answered?[/b] If you don't think you need to get adopted, and you just want to ask a couple thing, you are more then welcome to simply ask here and we would be happy to answer you as soon as possible. [b]Do you need thread-mods/can I be a thread-mod?[/b] I am not currently seeking any thread mods, and when I do, I will be hand-picking them out of people who are helpful on the thread, and have shown they would be willing to put in the time to help people here. I would message these people at any time I feel I need thread-mods, and they are always allowed to decline the position.[/quote] [center][b]: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :[/b][/center] [quote][center][b][color=green]Newbies[/color][/b][/center] Welcome to Flight Rising! Fell like you need a little help getting around and figuring out how this game works? Don't worry, there are plenty of people willing to help.All you need to do is fill out this form and post it here and we can assign you an adopter who can help you in the areas that your confused about. In the area of the form that says 'what areas do you want explained', it is talking about the areas that an adopter will apply to. These are the areas that they know very well and can explain to you. So if your confused about a certain area, we can assign you an adopter who knows that area well. There are the areas and what they mean: [LIST] [*][b]General:[/b] Basic knowledge of the entire site and how it works [*][b]Language:[/b] If you are not fluent in English, we can give you an adopter who knows a language you are fluent in for easier communication. [*][b]Breeding:[/b] Specifically, how to breed and how it works, wait times, how likely you are to get a hatchling of a certain breed, inbreeding, good breeding pairs, ect. Also explanations on genes. [*][b]Items:[/b] Where to use items, where best to find certain items, which items should be kept and which sold, familiars and how they work, unhatched eggs and how they work, materials, food, and apparel. [*][b]Economy:[/b] How the site economy works, what effects it, selling and buying items and dragons. How to make money by using the economy. [*][b]Roleplaying:[/b] What roleplaying is and how it works. All adopters must have at least a semi-lit roleplaying ability. [*][b]Forums:[/b] How the forums work, how to ping someone, how to use BBcode, how to find certain threads your looking for, where to post certain threads. [*][b]Coliseum:[/b] How the coliseum works, how to build the best team, what battle stones are best to use, where to use stat points, and different team strategies. [/LIST] Now that you have an idea of what you confused about or need help in, just fill out this form. If your not sure what your confused about, remember that General, basically means 'everything' ;3 Please do not remove anything from the form, but you may always add as much as you like. [code]@noleah [b]Username:[/b] [b]What areas do you want explained?:[/b] [b]How did you find Flight Rising?:[/b] [b]What do you like best so far?:[/b] [b]Any questions?:[/b][/code][/quote] [center][b]: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :[/b][/center] [quote][center][b][color=green]Adopters[/color][/b][/center] New members understand Flight Rising by the people in it and how they act, no matter how good a site is, if the community sucks, people won't stay, so lets try to keep everything friendly and helpful alright? ^.^ If you act like you don't care, I won't give you a newbie, I can find someone who will actually be willing to help. At this time there are no requirements for adopters, but I am allowed to deny anyone who I have reasonable reason to believe would be unable to help a newbie adequately. I hope to decline people only rarely, and I will give an explanation of why if I do. All I ask is that you are active and willing to help. Things you need to know: [LIST] [*]Once you are assigned a newbie, you are allowed to post your form again immediately to get another newbie. [*]I expect there to be wait times for adopters all or most of the time, please be patient when waiting for your newbie, and remember you can always help answer questions on the thread. [*]If you are assigned a newbie, but you did not get to help them at all or you did not answer any questions, tell me and you will be placed at the top of the list to get the next newbie. [*]If you are not on the list, check to see if your form was denied or skipped. If it was accepted then let me know as I may have missed you. If it appears to be skipped, make sure I have accepted or denied forms after yours, I may simply have not gotten around to accepting forms yet. [*]When you are placed on the list you are put at the bottom, each newbie is assigned the adopter who fits the most categories, and is closest to the top of the lists. The more areas you get accepted to, the faster you will be assigned a newbie. [/LIST] These are the areas you can apply to in your form. Only apply to those you feel you have full knowledge in. [LIST] [*][b]General:[/b] This is basic knowledge of all of the below. As long as you understand the [i]concept[/i] of each of the below areas you can apply to this area. You do not need to know everything about all of the below, just the basics. [*][b]Language:[/b] If you are fluent in another language besides English, put in your form which languages. You may be assigned a newbie whose language you are fluent in for easier communication. [*][b]Breeding:[/b] You should be knowldable in everything that has to do with breeding, how to breed, wait times, likelihood of getting a certain species hatchling, inbreeding, how to make good breeding pairs, and know how genes work. [*][b]Items:[/b] You should be knowledgeable in items of all sorts, materials, food, and random objects, unhatched eggs, apparel, and familiars. You should know how they work, where to find them, which should be kept and which sold. [*][b]Economy:[/b] Only apply to this if you understand the FR economy and how it works. This includes and is not limited to, how to sell items and dragons for a profit, how to earn treasure and gems using the AH, how to best trade gems for treasure, knowing which items or dragons are good for reselling. What effects the economy and why. [*][b]Roleplaying:[/b] To apply for this you must give me a semi-literate or literate example post. Length does not equal literacy. You should also know how roleplaying works, how to make a good roleplay post, and be able to explain roleplaying, as well as be able to show a newbie how to make more literate posts. [*][b]Forums:[/b] To apply for this you must have at least 100 forum posts at the time of posting. You should know how the forums work, how BBcode works, how to ping people, how best to find certain threads, and where to post certain threads. [*][b]Coliseum:[/b] Be able to explain how the coliseum works, which battle stones are best to use, how to build the best team and where to use stat points, as well as knowing different team building strategies. [/LIST] Know which areas you want to apply to? Good, just fill out this form and post it here, I and any thread-mods will accept or deny your form after looking it over. We can accept you to some areas and deny you on some. One category you do not fit in does not mean your entire form will be denied. Feel free to ask any questions you have as well. [code]@noleah [b]Username:[/b] [b]Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:[/b] [b]How often do you get on FR?:[/b] [b]How long do you typically spend on FR each day you get on?:[/b] [b]Which categories would you like to apply for?:[/b] [b]Have you adopted a newbie here before?:[/b] [b]Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:[/b][/code][/quote]
Quote:
Welcome! This, if it were not obvious, is a place where new and old members alike can come to be 'adopted' by a more experienced member who can help show them around FR, explain details, and generally help them along.

If this looks familiar it may be because you've seen on other sites. This one is particular is fashioned after the one I made on Chicken Smoothie.

Also, please remember since the site is new, and this thread fairly new, I will probably be modifying and changing it a lot to better work on this site. Every site is different, and requires a different way of running things. If you have a suggestion on how to improve the thread, throw me a PM!

What you need to know:
  • In theis thread, a newbie is eomeone who does not understand how the site works, needs help getting around, or is generally confused about everything.
  • A Newbie can be someone who just joined today, or someone who joined weeks ago, but still hasn't gotten a hang on the site.
  • The users who help the newbies we call adopters, and these people can be both old and new, as long as they have a good grasp on gameplay.
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :
Quote:
FAQ
So how does this work?
Well I use a little different method then just throwing some people out and saying 'pick someone to help'. Instead, people can apply to become adopters, and if they are accepted they are sorted into categories of what they know best, and a newbie can then get an adopter who can help them in all the areas they are confused in. This will be explained more later.

This is kinda long. Do I have to read all of it?
People interested in becoming adopters do not need to read the newbie section, and newbies do not need to read the adopter section. Everything else you should read, it is important.

Can I be an adopter and a newbie?
Generaly, anyone interested in such a thing would not truly be considered a newbie by this thread's standards. If you are able to become an adopter, then you are knowledgeable enough not to qualify as a newbie, and any knowledge you wish to gain would be easier, faster, and more reliably found by messaging knowledgeable people directly or posting in the help forums.

I just have a couple questions. Do I need to be adopted to get them answered?
If you don't think you need to get adopted, and you just want to ask a couple thing, you are more then welcome to simply ask here and we would be happy to answer you as soon as possible.

Do you need thread-mods/can I be a thread-mod?
I am not currently seeking any thread mods, and when I do, I will be hand-picking them out of people who are helpful on the thread, and have shown they would be willing to put in the time to help people here. I would message these people at any time I feel I need thread-mods, and they are always allowed to decline the position.
Quote:
Newbies
Welcome to Flight Rising! Fell like you need a little help getting around and figuring out how this game works? Don't worry, there are plenty of people willing to help.All you need to do is fill out this form and post it here and we can assign you an adopter who can help you in the areas that your confused about.

In the area of the form that says 'what areas do you want explained', it is talking about the areas that an adopter will apply to. These are the areas that they know very well and can explain to you. So if your confused about a certain area, we can assign you an adopter who knows that area well. There are the areas and what they mean:
  • General: Basic knowledge of the entire site and how it works
  • Language: If you are not fluent in English, we can give you an adopter who knows a language you are fluent in for easier communication.
  • Breeding: Specifically, how to breed and how it works, wait times, how likely you are to get a hatchling of a certain breed, inbreeding, good breeding pairs, ect. Also explanations on genes.
  • Items: Where to use items, where best to find certain items, which items should be kept and which sold, familiars and how they work, unhatched eggs and how they work, materials, food, and apparel.
  • Economy: How the site economy works, what effects it, selling and buying items and dragons. How to make money by using the economy.
  • Roleplaying: What roleplaying is and how it works. All adopters must have at least a semi-lit roleplaying ability.
  • Forums: How the forums work, how to ping someone, how to use BBcode, how to find certain threads your looking for, where to post certain threads.
  • Coliseum: How the coliseum works, how to build the best team, what battle stones are best to use, where to use stat points, and different team strategies.

Now that you have an idea of what you confused about or need help in, just fill out this form. If your not sure what your confused about, remember that General, basically means 'everything' ;3 Please do not remove anything from the form, but you may always add as much as you like.
Code:
@noleah [b]Username:[/b] [b]What areas do you want explained?:[/b] [b]How did you find Flight Rising?:[/b] [b]What do you like best so far?:[/b] [b]Any questions?:[/b]
Quote:
Adopters
New members understand Flight Rising by the people in it and how they act, no matter how good a site is, if the community sucks, people won't stay, so lets try to keep everything friendly and helpful alright? ^.^ If you act like you don't care, I won't give you a newbie, I can find someone who will actually be willing to help.

At this time there are no requirements for adopters, but I am allowed to deny anyone who I have reasonable reason to believe would be unable to help a newbie adequately. I hope to decline people only rarely, and I will give an explanation of why if I do. All I ask is that you are active and willing to help.

Things you need to know:
  • Once you are assigned a newbie, you are allowed to post your form again immediately to get another newbie.
  • I expect there to be wait times for adopters all or most of the time, please be patient when waiting for your newbie, and remember you can always help answer questions on the thread.
  • If you are assigned a newbie, but you did not get to help them at all or you did not answer any questions, tell me and you will be placed at the top of the list to get the next newbie.
  • If you are not on the list, check to see if your form was denied or skipped. If it was accepted then let me know as I may have missed you. If it appears to be skipped, make sure I have accepted or denied forms after yours, I may simply have not gotten around to accepting forms yet.
  • When you are placed on the list you are put at the bottom, each newbie is assigned the adopter who fits the most categories, and is closest to the top of the lists. The more areas you get accepted to, the faster you will be assigned a newbie.

These are the areas you can apply to in your form. Only apply to those you feel you have full knowledge in.
  • General: This is basic knowledge of all of the below. As long as you understand the concept of each of the below areas you can apply to this area. You do not need to know everything about all of the below, just the basics.
  • Language: If you are fluent in another language besides English, put in your form which languages. You may be assigned a newbie whose language you are fluent in for easier communication.
  • Breeding: You should be knowldable in everything that has to do with breeding, how to breed, wait times, likelihood of getting a certain species hatchling, inbreeding, how to make good breeding pairs, and know how genes work.
  • Items: You should be knowledgeable in items of all sorts, materials, food, and random objects, unhatched eggs, apparel, and familiars. You should know how they work, where to find them, which should be kept and which sold.
  • Economy: Only apply to this if you understand the FR economy and how it works. This includes and is not limited to, how to sell items and dragons for a profit, how to earn treasure and gems using the AH, how to best trade gems for treasure, knowing which items or dragons are good for reselling. What effects the economy and why.
  • Roleplaying: To apply for this you must give me a semi-literate or literate example post. Length does not equal literacy. You should also know how roleplaying works, how to make a good roleplay post, and be able to explain roleplaying, as well as be able to show a newbie how to make more literate posts.
  • Forums: To apply for this you must have at least 100 forum posts at the time of posting. You should know how the forums work, how BBcode works, how to ping people, how best to find certain threads, and where to post certain threads.
  • Coliseum: Be able to explain how the coliseum works, which battle stones are best to use, how to build the best team and where to use stat points, as well as knowing different team building strategies.

Know which areas you want to apply to? Good, just fill out this form and post it here, I and any thread-mods will accept or deny your form after looking it over. We can accept you to some areas and deny you on some. One category you do not fit in does not mean your entire form will be denied.

Feel free to ask any questions you have as well.
Code:
@noleah [b]Username:[/b] [b]Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:[/b] [b]How often do you get on FR?:[/b] [b]How long do you typically spend on FR each day you get on?:[/b] [b]Which categories would you like to apply for?:[/b] [b]Have you adopted a newbie here before?:[/b] [b]Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?:[/b]
All adopters and which areas they are in are listed here. Recently sent out a ping to all adopters who were on the list before the 14th to make sure they are active and able to be adopters. Those indented have not replied yet. [quote][center][b][color=green]General[/color][/b][/center] [indent]-[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=1783]AMSherwood[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=21035]Glacies[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=5029]Saphirae[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=576]Hyperborean[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=16733]Lorelei[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=2974]Skreel[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=4688]hitsugaya[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=19493]Koyo[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=13293]Masaru[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=18749]tacocat[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=1475]Aaron[/url]-[/indent] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=144]Scorpius[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=33899&tab=userpage]KaylaEve[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=36907&tab=userpage]SalaamEnder[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=16866]oneirodrakon[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=2685]Jaena[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=201]TwilitRaven[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=16228]GoldenBeetle[/url][/quote] [center][b]: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :[/b][/center] [quote][center][b][color=green]Language[/color][/b][/center] [indent]-[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=11233]STRD0[/url]- : French -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=5094]Finnley[/url]- : Swedish -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=1259]Gaea[/url]- : French -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=5029]Saphirae[/url]- : Croatian, Bosnian and Serbian -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=24809]Sagnessagiel[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=13293]Masaru[/url]- : Portuguese -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=1948]Ryuka[/url]- : Italian[/indent] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=144]Scorpius[/url] : Thai -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=16866]oneirodrakon[/url] : Chinese -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=16228]GoldenBeetle[/url] : Finnish (/Suomi)[/quote] [center][b]: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :[/b][/center] [quote][center][b][color=green]Breeding[/color][/b][/center] [indent]-[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=1783]AMSherwood[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=21035]Glacies[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=5029]Saphirae[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=16733]Lorelei[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=2974]Skreel[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=4688]hitsugaya[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=24809]Sagnessagiel[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=19493]Koyo[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=13293]Masaru[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=18749]tacocat[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=1475]Aaron[/url]-[/indent] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=144]Scorpius[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=15205&tab=userpage]Coolkid[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=36907&tab=userpage]SalaamEnder[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=2685]Jaena[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=201]TwilitRaven[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=16228]GoldenBeetle[/url][/quote] [center][b]: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :[/b][/center] [quote][center][b][color=green]Items[/color][/b][/center] [indent]-[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=16733]Lorelei[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=19493]Koyo[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=13293]Masaru[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=1475]Aaron[/url]-[/indent] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=36907&tab=userpage]SalaamEnder[/url][/quote] [center][b]: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :[/b][/center] [quote][center][b][color=green]Economy[/color][/b][/center] [indent]-[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=2974]Skreel[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=19493]Koyo[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=13293]Masaru[/url]-[/indent][/quote] [center][b]: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :[/b][/center] [quote][center][b][color=green]Roleplaying[/color][/b][/center] [indent]-[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=11233]STRD0[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=2279]Camille[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=18011]FutakuchiYuuki[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=2974]Skreel[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=18749]tacocat[/url]-[/indent] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=4857&tab=userpage]Chevko[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=15205&tab=userpage]Coolkid[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=201]TwilitRaven[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=144]Scorpius[/url][/quote] [center][b]: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :[/b][/center] [quote][center][b][color=green]Forums[/color][/b][/center] [indent]-[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=5094]Finnley[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=21035]Glacies[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=9432]Keiko[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=2974]Skreel[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=24809]Sagnessagiel[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=13293]Masaru[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=1475]Aaron[/url]-[/indent] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=144]Scorpius[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=16866]oneirodrakon[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=2685]Jaena[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=201]TwilitRaven[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=15205&tab=userpage]Coolkid[/url] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=16228]GoldenBeetle[/url][/quote] [center][b]: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :[/b][/center] [quote][center][b][color=green]Coliseum[/color][/b][/center] [indent]-[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=5029]Saphirae[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=9432]Keiko[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=19493]Koyo[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=13293]Masaru[/url]- -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&tab=userpage&id=1948]Ryuka[/url]-[/indent] -[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=36907&tab=userpage]SalaamEnder[/url][/quote]
All adopters and which areas they are in are listed here.
Recently sent out a ping to all adopters who were on the list before the 14th to make sure they are active and able to be adopters. Those indented have not replied yet.
Quote:
Language
-STRD0- : French
-Finnley- : Swedish
-Gaea- : French
-Saphirae- : Croatian, Bosnian and Serbian
-Sagnessagiel-
-Masaru- : Portuguese
-Ryuka- : Italian
-Scorpius : Thai
-oneirodrakon : Chinese
-GoldenBeetle : Finnish (/Suomi)
Quote:
Quote:
Economy
Quote:
Coliseum
-SalaamEnder
[quote][center][b][color=green]Thread Moderators[/color][/b][/center] These are the moderators of the thread, if you have a suggestion, concern, comment, or compliment you can post here or PM any of them. If you are interested in becoming a thread mod there is an explanation on how they are chosen in the FAQ. [user=noleah] : Thread Owner [b]A bit about me:[/b] Always feel free to message me, I'd be more then happy to help ^.^ I'm female, in my 20s, and inevitably spend most of my time on the internet and FR especially. I like to read and draw, especially dragons. In real life I have social anxiety, so I'm not the best with chatting. Few things bother me, and if you feel uncomfortable posting here remember you can always PM me.[/quote] [quote][center][b][color=green]Helpful Links & Newbie Giveaways[/color][/b][/center] If you know for a thread that should be added here, ping more or shoot me a PM ^.^ [b]Helpful Links:[/b] [LIST] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=help&id=53097&p=mb]FAQs and answers[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=help&id=133644]Tiny Little Questions - Open for All[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=help&id=190741]Compiled Tumblr Q and A's[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=help&id=250324]BBCode Guide[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=frd&id=114649&p=mb]Basic Coliseum Build Guide[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=help&id=50501&p=mb]Battle Stones[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=frd&id=87425&p=mb]Fayrin's guide to making treasure[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=frd&id=136122&p=mb]Gathering Reference List[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=help&id=275023&p=mb]Flight Rising Mentors[/url] [*][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=gde&id=1040710&page=1]Culex's Leveling Guide[/url] [/LIST] [b]Newbie Giveaways & Discounts:[/b] [LIST] [*]None currently, if you know of any let me know![/LIST][/quote]
Quote:
Thread Moderators
These are the moderators of the thread, if you have a suggestion, concern, comment, or compliment you can post here or PM any of them. If you are interested in becoming a thread mod there is an explanation on how they are chosen in the FAQ.

no user 'noleah' : Thread Owner
A bit about me: Always feel free to message me, I'd be more then happy to help ^.^ I'm female, in my 20s, and inevitably spend most of my time on the internet and FR especially. I like to read and draw, especially dragons. In real life I have social anxiety, so I'm not the best with chatting. Few things bother me, and if you feel uncomfortable posting here remember you can always PM me.
Quote:
Helpful Links & Newbie Giveaways
If you know for a thread that should be added here, ping more or shoot me a PM ^.^

Helpful Links:
Newbie Giveaways & Discounts:
  • None currently, if you know of any let me know!
@noleah
Username: Arccy

Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
Flight Rising is a bit difficult to get used to as a newbie and i personally experience that when i was in head-start.

How often do you get on FR?: I'm On everyday for hours on end

How long do you typically spend on FR each day you get on?: on average 8-16 hours depending on the day

Which categories would you like to apply for?: I personally think i would be good for Breeding and General

Have you adopted a newbie here before?: I actually have not, unless you consider teaching my boyfriend how to play XD

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Always, Im the farthest thing from rude
@noleah
Username: Arccy

Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?:
Flight Rising is a bit difficult to get used to as a newbie and i personally experience that when i was in head-start.

How often do you get on FR?: I'm On everyday for hours on end

How long do you typically spend on FR each day you get on?: on average 8-16 hours depending on the day

Which categories would you like to apply for?: I personally think i would be good for Breeding and General

Have you adopted a newbie here before?: I actually have not, unless you consider teaching my boyfriend how to play XD

Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Always, Im the farthest thing from rude
heee sounds like fun!

@noleah
Username: Pencilcat
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I've been playing since Headstart, and have a thorough grasp of every playing aspect of the game.
How often do you get on FR?: I try to check in every hour for Crim, every single day.
How long do you typically spend on FR each day you get on?: 2-5 hours every day total.
Which categories would you like to apply for?: General or Breeding
Have you adopted a newbie here before?: Nope, but I've answered questions before!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!
heee sounds like fun!

@noleah
Username: Pencilcat
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I've been playing since Headstart, and have a thorough grasp of every playing aspect of the game.
How often do you get on FR?: I try to check in every hour for Crim, every single day.
How long do you typically spend on FR each day you get on?: 2-5 hours every day total.
Which categories would you like to apply for?: General or Breeding
Have you adopted a newbie here before?: Nope, but I've answered questions before!
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course!
@Arccy
@PencilCat
@STRD0

All accepted ^.^ I've updated the list
@Arccy
@PencilCat
@STRD0

All accepted ^.^ I've updated the list
@noleah
Username: Indigo
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I have naturally helpful tendencies? Also, I've been here since the beginning of Headstart, so I have a pretty good grip on things.
How often do you get on FR?: Daily.
How long do you typically spend on FR each day you get on?: Probably up to four hours, but in short bursts.
Which categories would you like to apply for?: General, Forums
Have you adopted a newbie here before?: No.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes.
@noleah
Username: Indigo
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I have naturally helpful tendencies? Also, I've been here since the beginning of Headstart, so I have a pretty good grip on things.
How often do you get on FR?: Daily.
How long do you typically spend on FR each day you get on?: Probably up to four hours, but in short bursts.
Which categories would you like to apply for?: General, Forums
Have you adopted a newbie here before?: No.
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Yes.
eESLWsA.gifXEqzxg2.gif
@noleah
Username:
Minecraft
What areas do you want explained?:
Breeding and Economy
How did you find Flight Rising?:
I had a dragon drawing book a friend loaned me. She said there was a site in beta and I made an account when it opened. (I actually didn't finish making my first dragon for a few weeks, too many options for color choices stressed me out.)
What do you like best so far?:
I like playing around in the coliseum. I got off to a slow start with my first batch of eggs only producing one dragon, so I haven't had much to do and haven't really had a big way to earn money apart from games. I also like the concept of genes and breeding but I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet...
Any questions?:
I'm almost ready to breed my starters a second time but I'm not sure whether to save up for a scroll or something or breed them immediately. I don't really know much about genetics here(I know what the scrolls do but not much else) and I don't know what's worth waiting for. I'm just trying to save a lot of money to buy more dragons so I don't have to wait as long, and I have no idea what anything costs, what's worth selling, or what I need to do. I have no idea whether its better to invest in hatchlings or adults in forums or auctions, and when I do get more hatchlings, I have no idea what I should sell them for. Frankly I have no idea how currency works here, and I don't know if things are cheaper in one place than another. I'm a little overwhelmed with how complicated everything is.
@noleah
Username:
Minecraft
What areas do you want explained?:
Breeding and Economy
How did you find Flight Rising?:
I had a dragon drawing book a friend loaned me. She said there was a site in beta and I made an account when it opened. (I actually didn't finish making my first dragon for a few weeks, too many options for color choices stressed me out.)
What do you like best so far?:
I like playing around in the coliseum. I got off to a slow start with my first batch of eggs only producing one dragon, so I haven't had much to do and haven't really had a big way to earn money apart from games. I also like the concept of genes and breeding but I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet...
Any questions?:
I'm almost ready to breed my starters a second time but I'm not sure whether to save up for a scroll or something or breed them immediately. I don't really know much about genetics here(I know what the scrolls do but not much else) and I don't know what's worth waiting for. I'm just trying to save a lot of money to buy more dragons so I don't have to wait as long, and I have no idea what anything costs, what's worth selling, or what I need to do. I have no idea whether its better to invest in hatchlings or adults in forums or auctions, and when I do get more hatchlings, I have no idea what I should sell them for. Frankly I have no idea how currency works here, and I don't know if things are cheaper in one place than another. I'm a little overwhelmed with how complicated everything is.
tumblr_inline_n1qd9a6cCV1rdkyel.gif
@noleah
Username: Swiftalu
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I should be able to adopts a newbie because I feel I have been here long enough to have gathered information to teach another member. ^-^
How often do you get on FR?: I get on FR daily.
How long do you typically spend on FR each day you get on?: I spend at least 6 hours a day on this site, possibly more.
Which categories would you like to apply for?: I would like to apply for General Knowledge, Breeding, Items and Economy. c:
Have you adopted a newbie here before?: No, seeing as this is fairly new I wouldn't be surprised. cx
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course! ^-^
@noleah
Username: Swiftalu
Why should you be able to adopt a newbie?: I should be able to adopts a newbie because I feel I have been here long enough to have gathered information to teach another member. ^-^
How often do you get on FR?: I get on FR daily.
How long do you typically spend on FR each day you get on?: I spend at least 6 hours a day on this site, possibly more.
Which categories would you like to apply for?: I would like to apply for General Knowledge, Breeding, Items and Economy. c:
Have you adopted a newbie here before?: No, seeing as this is fairly new I wouldn't be surprised. cx
Do you agree to be helpful and polite to your newbie at all times?: Of course! ^-^
ZNhRsiG.png
@Indigo
@Swiftalu
Accepted :3
@Indigo
@Swiftalu
Accepted :3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 29 30