Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Update: 5th Anniversary
1 2 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 151 152
[center][quote name="thecatsred" date="2018-06-12 13:47:27" ] [quote name="Terhothyl" date="2018-06-12 13:38:23" ] because it add a much-needed element of true randomness to the game. [/quote] Who wanted randomness in a breeding game? [/quote] Me![/center]
thecatsred wrote on 2018-06-12 13:47:27:
Terhothyl wrote on 2018-06-12 13:38:23:
because it add a much-needed element of true randomness to the game.

Who wanted randomness in a breeding game?
Me!
@Laluzi Yeah, I get what you're saying. Especially the aeqwe part. Wonder if any repair stores around here take gems as payment...

I hope the staff do take notes and learn from this event and people's reactions. The way I see it, expressing dissatisfaction here is kinder than just thanking them because they tried. Even the people expressing their feelings most strongly about how this weekend went do it because they want to have fun with FR in the long run.
@Laluzi Yeah, I get what you're saying. Especially the aeqwe part. Wonder if any repair stores around here take gems as payment...

I hope the staff do take notes and learn from this event and people's reactions. The way I see it, expressing dissatisfaction here is kinder than just thanking them because they tried. Even the people expressing their feelings most strongly about how this weekend went do it because they want to have fun with FR in the long run.
Addiction: Hot black tea.
Profession: Wannabe philosopher.
Pronouns: They/them/their.
I do get where the staff was trying to go with this. Instead of vials though they probably should have just made it so during the event a button would appear near all old dragons and everyone would have a chance at 1 roll of the dice per a dragon if they wanted. Then all the old dragons would get the same exact chance as any new dragons for something special.

The vials made it so as a player got more control over your fate. Unfortunately that made it more stressful since people felt compelled to take advantage of it. Personally I am happy for the vials since it let me get the eyes I wanted on one of my favorite dragons. A lot of people however have their expectations too high thinking they are going to be able to get super rare eyes on multiple dragons. Then there is also the way rng can just be a turd sometimes. I saw at least one player mentioning using over 400 vials and not getting what they wanted.
I do get where the staff was trying to go with this. Instead of vials though they probably should have just made it so during the event a button would appear near all old dragons and everyone would have a chance at 1 roll of the dice per a dragon if they wanted. Then all the old dragons would get the same exact chance as any new dragons for something special.

The vials made it so as a player got more control over your fate. Unfortunately that made it more stressful since people felt compelled to take advantage of it. Personally I am happy for the vials since it let me get the eyes I wanted on one of my favorite dragons. A lot of people however have their expectations too high thinking they are going to be able to get super rare eyes on multiple dragons. Then there is also the way rng can just be a turd sometimes. I saw at least one player mentioning using over 400 vials and not getting what they wanted.
I like the randomness, too! It adds an element of surprise to otherwise fairly predictable nests.

I just wish these new eyes weren't exclusively random. We'll be getting a "revert to Common" vial in time, and we have the Glowing vial, but we're completely out of luck on the other natural eye types. :'V Since eyes aren't passed on by breeding, having some sort of reliable way to get an older dragon with Uncommon, Unusual, Rare, Faceted, Multi-Gaze, or Primal eyes would be great.

Even just, idk, bumping the Scattersight rates to 1:6 instead of heavily skewed percentages. Not a concrete way to guarantee certain eyes, but 1:6 on Primal is a much better chance than 0.7%.

The vials are retired consumables that will eventually dry up, and eyes can't be guaranteed through breeding, so it's not like the value of Primal, Faceted, or Multi-Gaze babies would crash too hard. Plus most people want the new eyes for their old permas, not fodder or sale dragons, so it's not like we'd have billions of rare-eyed dragons flooding the AH in an instant. :P
I like the randomness, too! It adds an element of surprise to otherwise fairly predictable nests.

I just wish these new eyes weren't exclusively random. We'll be getting a "revert to Common" vial in time, and we have the Glowing vial, but we're completely out of luck on the other natural eye types. :'V Since eyes aren't passed on by breeding, having some sort of reliable way to get an older dragon with Uncommon, Unusual, Rare, Faceted, Multi-Gaze, or Primal eyes would be great.

Even just, idk, bumping the Scattersight rates to 1:6 instead of heavily skewed percentages. Not a concrete way to guarantee certain eyes, but 1:6 on Primal is a much better chance than 0.7%.

The vials are retired consumables that will eventually dry up, and eyes can't be guaranteed through breeding, so it's not like the value of Primal, Faceted, or Multi-Gaze babies would crash too hard. Plus most people want the new eyes for their old permas, not fodder or sale dragons, so it's not like we'd have billions of rare-eyed dragons flooding the AH in an instant. :P
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Heh. There's probably some witty, ironic comment I could make about time and money and investment, but it's just not coming to me right now.

Oh, yes. Constructive criticism is always more useful than a simple 'Awesome! I loved it!' It's a little painful when you receive more criticism than praise for something you produce, and I usually try to include mentions of what I liked alongside criticism to avoid discouragement (...except when I real mad), but thoughtful replies trump quick ones and focused replies trump vague ones.

@Ningyo The unfortunate problem with altering the scattersights now is that it's a middle finger to everyone who used them when the percentages were terrible - especially people that bought gems to do it. People would get what they wanted now, but that's actually benefitting the people who hoarded their scatters much more than it is benefitting the people who used them - who suffered from the poor ratios and presumably do not have any left.
Heh. There's probably some witty, ironic comment I could make about time and money and investment, but it's just not coming to me right now.

Oh, yes. Constructive criticism is always more useful than a simple 'Awesome! I loved it!' It's a little painful when you receive more criticism than praise for something you produce, and I usually try to include mentions of what I liked alongside criticism to avoid discouragement (...except when I real mad), but thoughtful replies trump quick ones and focused replies trump vague ones.

@Ningyo The unfortunate problem with altering the scattersights now is that it's a middle finger to everyone who used them when the percentages were terrible - especially people that bought gems to do it. People would get what they wanted now, but that's actually benefitting the people who hoarded their scatters much more than it is benefitting the people who used them - who suffered from the poor ratios and presumably do not have any left.
tumblr_inline_omxl63fueX1s9ucgw_500.gif
XPDxt22.png
i like the randomness too

it makes breeding more exciting

like i can breed for more than just a few genes now

eyeburner shadow primals are going to be funny

also i think the staff maybe wanted a way for new dragons to be almost as valuable as really old ones since the most valuable dergs b4 the update are almost all really old ones

also good for the ppl who dont like the low dragon floors, if they hatch a weird eyes derg they will make lots of money

i hope they make an eyeburner eye type that is a natural type

i also wonder if they will make really trippy vial-exclusive eye types like multigaze scattered around the body

i would like some eldritch baldwin vials

eye types i want to happen:

-giant eyes
-super primal (probably baldwin exclusive)
-omnigaze (eyes scattered all over body)
-human eyes
-anime eyes
-emoji eyes
-laser eyes
-spider eyes
-eye halo
i like the randomness too

it makes breeding more exciting

like i can breed for more than just a few genes now

also i think the staff maybe wanted a way for new dragons to be almost as valuable as really old ones since the most valuable dergs b4 the update are almost all really old ones

also good for the ppl who dont like the low dragon floors, if they hatch a weird eyes derg they will make lots of money

i hope they make an eyeburner eye type that is a natural type

i also wonder if they will make really trippy vial-exclusive eye types like multigaze scattered around the body

i would like some eldritch baldwin vials

eye types i want to happen:

-giant eyes
-super primal (probably baldwin exclusive)
-omnigaze (eyes scattered all over body)
-human eyes
-anime eyes
-emoji eyes
-laser eyes
-spider eyes
-eye halo
my colors!
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
still unsatisfied, but i do like the idea of colliseum drops similar to how rare eliminate is for the specific, already released eye types - not mentioned by a mod but by an oldie user in the first 20 pages ish - (esp primal. I cant afford to drop 100+ dollars on this game especially because the chances of some of the most desirable things were insanely low - the kind of low you put for things that are STAYING IN THE GAME, or put 40+ hours within three days to brew nonstop because i have work, if this game is gonna end up being veiled classism with the tiniest chance but "enough of a chance" (ew), i'm not gonna drop money on this and i won't support this site.))
still unsatisfied, but i do like the idea of colliseum drops similar to how rare eliminate is for the specific, already released eye types - not mentioned by a mod but by an oldie user in the first 20 pages ish - (esp primal. I cant afford to drop 100+ dollars on this game especially because the chances of some of the most desirable things were insanely low - the kind of low you put for things that are STAYING IN THE GAME, or put 40+ hours within three days to brew nonstop because i have work, if this game is gonna end up being veiled classism with the tiniest chance but "enough of a chance" (ew), i'm not gonna drop money on this and i won't support this site.))
firevs1.png HEYO WHAT IS UP MY DUDES WELCOME TO ANOTHER EPISODE OF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I pop around FR only occasionally these days but I have a password manager so I'll always come back
Glad to hear there are going to be more eye types to choose from in the future! Maybe there are going to be new options that will fit the dragons to which I wished to apply primal, multi-gaze or faceted to even better. Overall eye types are a lovely new feature that makes every nest exciting again. There have been suggestions for eye variations and unique rare traits for a while and I'm glad to see them implemented in one package. Good work! It feels like the staff sure is listening to the player's wishes since lair tabs and a map update have been announced too and a whole lot of users asked for those features. Looking forwards to future updates! :)
Glad to hear there are going to be more eye types to choose from in the future! Maybe there are going to be new options that will fit the dragons to which I wished to apply primal, multi-gaze or faceted to even better. Overall eye types are a lovely new feature that makes every nest exciting again. There have been suggestions for eye variations and unique rare traits for a while and I'm glad to see them implemented in one package. Good work! It feels like the staff sure is listening to the player's wishes since lair tabs and a map update have been announced too and a whole lot of users asked for those features. Looking forwards to future updates! :)
[quote name="Jackabug" date="2018-06-12 15:54:03" ] Some players are being made physically ill by seeing Multi-eye and some of the Primal eyes. They don't just dislike them, they experience visceral reactions on seeing them. A toggle for seeing these eye types is not a 'maybe later' but an 'ASAP' -- and I say that despite having no problem viewing any of the new eye types. This is an accessibility issue.[/quote] I'm not sure a toggle is a practical solution, especially when we already know that we'll get a scroll to restore a dragon to Common eyes. There's already a simple solution in the works, and I hope it comes out quickly for those who are genuinely bothered by this. [quote name="Jackabug" date="2018-06-12 15:54:03" ] In this case, however, I have a solution to propose: Create another eye type, perhaps called Legacy, that restores the pre-update look of all eyes across all breeds, genders and ages... and, as a counterpoint to the 'natural' eye types, make it only activatable on dragons born before eye types were introduced! [/quote] I do like this idea, though as I scroll through my dragons who have intentionally matching eyes, I don't see any that have been harmed by the Common eye update. Sclera's seem to depend on the breed, which I had noticed before. But maybe I didn't pay enough attention to who had it and who didn't before. In fact, something I really like about the base eye update is that most flights' eyes feel like they have more depth and dimension now. @Laluzi In all honesty, I feel like just adding more tints or subtle patterns to the current natural eye pool might be overkill since some of the differences are hardly distinguishable on certain adults (RIP Skydancers). I still stand by these things: 1. You can't please everyone. 2. People tend to speak up to complain/criticize more than praise, which skews the problem. 3. It's a game.
Jackabug wrote on 2018-06-12 15:54:03:
Some players are being made physically ill by seeing Multi-eye and some of the Primal eyes. They don't just dislike them, they experience visceral reactions on seeing them. A toggle for seeing these eye types is not a 'maybe later' but an 'ASAP' -- and I say that despite having no problem viewing any of the new eye types. This is an accessibility issue.

I'm not sure a toggle is a practical solution, especially when we already know that we'll get a scroll to restore a dragon to Common eyes. There's already a simple solution in the works, and I hope it comes out quickly for those who are genuinely bothered by this.

Jackabug wrote on 2018-06-12 15:54:03:
In this case, however, I have a solution to propose:
Create another eye type, perhaps called Legacy, that restores the pre-update look of all eyes across all breeds, genders and ages... and, as a counterpoint to the 'natural' eye types, make it only activatable on dragons born before eye types were introduced!

I do like this idea, though as I scroll through my dragons who have intentionally matching eyes, I don't see any that have been harmed by the Common eye update. Sclera's seem to depend on the breed, which I had noticed before. But maybe I didn't pay enough attention to who had it and who didn't before. In fact, something I really like about the base eye update is that most flights' eyes feel like they have more depth and dimension now.

@Laluzi In all honesty, I feel like just adding more tints or subtle patterns to the current natural eye pool might be overkill since some of the differences are hardly distinguishable on certain adults (RIP Skydancers).

I still stand by these things:
1. You can't please everyone.
2. People tend to speak up to complain/criticize more than praise, which skews the problem.
3. It's a game.
lGriifT.png
[quote name="monkfishlover" date="2018-06-12 16:41:19" ] eyeburner shadow primals are going to be funny [/quote] ok...i hate to just butt in for this but- why not fire primal eye burners?
monkfishlover wrote on 2018-06-12 16:41:19:

ok...i hate to just butt in for this but- why not fire primal eye burners?
1 2 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 151 152