Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | PSA: Eye Colors and their changes
1 2 3 4 5
Apparently, the reason common eyes changed color is because the eye color wasn't standard between breeds before. This is essentially an art error that has been fixed.
Apparently, the reason common eyes changed color is because the eye color wasn't standard between breeds before. This is essentially an art error that has been fixed.
177499lightofknowledge2.png
the truthh!!

i could see all of them lol
the truthh!!

i could see all of them lol
:D
I can see it. And I always get 100% on those 'identify the colour tests'

the changes are still not a big deal. And they exist so there's more uniformity and more difference between the types. Honestly people need to calm down about this.
I can see it. And I always get 100% on those 'identify the colour tests'

the changes are still not a big deal. And they exist so there's more uniformity and more difference between the types. Honestly people need to calm down about this.
[quote] It isn't your dragon, so you have no say in whether a dragon is ruined or not. To those people complaining, their dragons are ruined. Period.[/quote] Well. It's a discussion forum, so, I have as much of a right as anyone to say that I think people are overreacting. If people can express their outrage over their dragons being 'ruined', I can express my exasperation with all of the negativity during the celebration that I was looking forward. That's how discussion works.
Quote:
It isn't your dragon, so you have no say in whether a dragon is ruined or not. To those people complaining, their dragons are ruined. Period.

Well. It's a discussion forum, so, I have as much of a right as anyone to say that I think people are overreacting. If people can express their outrage over their dragons being 'ruined', I can express my exasperation with all of the negativity during the celebration that I was looking forward. That's how discussion works.
roHnXS8.png
[quote name="Lightning" date="2018-06-10 13:45:28" ] Apparently, the reason common eyes changed color is because the eye color wasn't standard between breeds before. This is essentially an art error that has been fixed. [/quote] I've always noticed the different breeds having different eye colors. I could mostly see it on any Plague dragons, the shade of red was different. I think Spirals had a more orange-red? I'm very happy that they all have one color now.
Lightning wrote on 2018-06-10 13:45:28:
I've always noticed the different breeds having different eye colors. I could mostly see it on any Plague dragons, the shade of red was different. I think Spirals had a more orange-red? I'm very happy that they all have one color now.
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
it's less peoples eyes and more monitor settings. my cintiq is much more bluish and saturated than my computer screen, as well as my phone screen. that being said, most of the eyes take up... ~5 pixels, coatls, spirals, and faes notwithstanding, and tbh its not a huge difference save for wind and ice. i actually greatly prefer the new wind eyes, they aren't just lighter nature eyes anymore. i wish the arcane variants had different hues though...

however the retiring vials thing is pretty dumb and i feel like people would complain less about ruined dragons if vials weren't retired and they could scattersight the dragons back to their original colors.
it's less peoples eyes and more monitor settings. my cintiq is much more bluish and saturated than my computer screen, as well as my phone screen. that being said, most of the eyes take up... ~5 pixels, coatls, spirals, and faes notwithstanding, and tbh its not a huge difference save for wind and ice. i actually greatly prefer the new wind eyes, they aren't just lighter nature eyes anymore. i wish the arcane variants had different hues though...

however the retiring vials thing is pretty dumb and i feel like people would complain less about ruined dragons if vials weren't retired and they could scattersight the dragons back to their original colors.
tumblr_nre81rYTi11unlpe2o1_100.png
Twitter
24 | they/them
LmPbhqi.png
Wow that was an interesting bit of information, thanks! I never knew that it could be so different, then again, I never actively thougt about it before.

I immediately noticed the difference in my dragons eyes, even before I had read about the anniversary eye upddate, and despite the fact I have mostly Mirrors & Pearlcatchers which have small eyes. I also can see the word in the first picture just fine, so that kinda makes sense now.
Wow that was an interesting bit of information, thanks! I never knew that it could be so different, then again, I never actively thougt about it before.

I immediately noticed the difference in my dragons eyes, even before I had read about the anniversary eye upddate, and despite the fact I have mostly Mirrors & Pearlcatchers which have small eyes. I also can see the word in the first picture just fine, so that kinda makes sense now.
tumblr_inline_nnxvl2h4qm1sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvlaOVtE1sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvl6sIv51sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvlhoMWV1sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvkhZbq41sna6h0_100.pngtumblr_inline_nnxvkrUkLO1sna6h0_100.png
[quote name="Lightning" date="2018-06-10 13:45:28" ] Apparently, the reason common eyes changed color is because the eye color wasn't standard between breeds before. This is essentially an art error that has been fixed. [/quote] Oh, wow. Yeah, I was too distracted to notice this. I could read the text in the first example with some effort, but saw the rest of them clear as day. I'm more of the pragmatic type. I can see differences, and I understand people's feelings, but having them scream that the sky is falling ruins the experience for those people who are genuinely enjoying the new, and huge update. I feel as though those individuals, rather than screaming how every dragon and every breeding project is ruined for them here to the end of time, should evaluate what would make the situation better without completely reverting everything. Do the artists just need to emphasize the pupils more? Do they just need to make scattersight vials accessible somehow? Maybe at a very high cost? As far as breeding projects go, there is a solution -- players are going to have to breed closer to their intended goal. Perfect dragon with eyes you hate? Find or breed another dragon closer, and breed again!
Lightning wrote on 2018-06-10 13:45:28:

Oh, wow. Yeah, I was too distracted to notice this.

I could read the text in the first example with some effort, but saw the rest of them clear as day.

I'm more of the pragmatic type. I can see differences, and I understand people's feelings, but having them scream that the sky is falling ruins the experience for those people who are genuinely enjoying the new, and huge update. I feel as though those individuals, rather than screaming how every dragon and every breeding project is ruined for them here to the end of time, should evaluate what would make the situation better without completely reverting everything.

Do the artists just need to emphasize the pupils more?

Do they just need to make scattersight vials accessible somehow? Maybe at a very high cost?

As far as breeding projects go, there is a solution -- players are going to have to breed closer to their intended goal. Perfect dragon with eyes you hate? Find or breed another dragon closer, and breed again!
tumblr_inline_o0idijyg7x1qg2i5p_540.png
This is a good post and you should be proud.
This is a good post and you should be proud.
4qcj.png tumblr_inline_njucf1YnRj1r7wjf7.png ~They/Them
~+3 hours FR Time
~Shameless Fan Dragon Lair
~I Love Friend Requests
~Need cheap fodder? Pre-order a nest full! 1 gem down, 3 gems per egg
tumblr_inline_njucf2ZZft1r7wjf7.png tumblr_p6un9pL5QF1utez9io3_100.png
@/LucidDreams - I'm not invalidating the issue. I mean that there's a fix, even if it's super expensive, for color changes. It doesn't make the change okay, I just meant you can get another color scheme in place of the old one. There's no way to get the yellow Light eyes back now that it's lemon+ the alternate colors, and you can't change your dragon's element for something else that might fit them.

edit: also, I just remembered - you can use a skin and put back the colors on your dragon as long as they follow the custom skin rules. But guess what always overlays them? The eyes.
@/LucidDreams - I'm not invalidating the issue. I mean that there's a fix, even if it's super expensive, for color changes. It doesn't make the change okay, I just meant you can get another color scheme in place of the old one. There's no way to get the yellow Light eyes back now that it's lemon+ the alternate colors, and you can't change your dragon's element for something else that might fit them.

edit: also, I just remembered - you can use a skin and put back the colors on your dragon as long as they follow the custom skin rules. But guess what always overlays them? The eyes.
QYzhmAi.png
1 2 3 4 5