Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 5th Anniversary Celebration
1 2 ... 210 211 212 213 214 ... 304 305
This is awesome! But please leave us a little more time to grind Vial of Scattersight. I currenty have exams, and unfortunately if I have to choose between the grinding and learning, I have no choice but to go with the second.
This is awesome! But please leave us a little more time to grind Vial of Scattersight. I currenty have exams, and unfortunately if I have to choose between the grinding and learning, I have no choice but to go with the second.
@AncientHourglass

I understand that you are trying to look at it in a positive way, but saying "maybe that was the intention" doesn't really address why people are upset. Saying "maybe the point was to permanently make breeding projects much more difficult and frustrating and force some users of the site entirely because of near-unchangeable body horror" so why be upset misses the point. Especially because a revert to default scroll - the thing you say you don't understand why people are asking for - would address these concerns without losing the new randomness aspect.
@AncientHourglass

I understand that you are trying to look at it in a positive way, but saying "maybe that was the intention" doesn't really address why people are upset. Saying "maybe the point was to permanently make breeding projects much more difficult and frustrating and force some users of the site entirely because of near-unchangeable body horror" so why be upset misses the point. Especially because a revert to default scroll - the thing you say you don't understand why people are asking for - would address these concerns without losing the new randomness aspect.
igmcfSH.pngPXjp8QF.pngOn4IJIp.pngxcRmvRB.pngprsdX1I.png
I love the new eyes! All of them... except maybe the primal plague one (it sort of creeps me out, but it does give a good plague vibe!)
I love the new eyes! All of them... except maybe the primal plague one (it sort of creeps me out, but it does give a good plague vibe!)
I know there's a lot of people expressing their opinions, so first off, I would like to state that the new eye types are fantastic... but I have pretty much the same issues as everyone else.

I second with everyone who wants a "change back to common" scroll, and/or the possibility that the scatters won't be a perma retire. With only a few days to make as many as possible (then cry when you use all of them in an attempt to get primal, but the rng for it is beyond heartbreaking and bank breaking), it's kinda unfair.

It would be much better if they were a rotational item, say a wildclaw scroll, to where future players will have a hope at one day obtaining it. It will still be rare and rather pricey, but a better option than pulling an imp-scroll on them;"Oh, you want to re-scatter your eyes, well congrats, there's three scatters in existence and you can never obtain one, have fuuuunnnnnnnnn."
I know there's a lot of people expressing their opinions, so first off, I would like to state that the new eye types are fantastic... but I have pretty much the same issues as everyone else.

I second with everyone who wants a "change back to common" scroll, and/or the possibility that the scatters won't be a perma retire. With only a few days to make as many as possible (then cry when you use all of them in an attempt to get primal, but the rng for it is beyond heartbreaking and bank breaking), it's kinda unfair.

It would be much better if they were a rotational item, say a wildclaw scroll, to where future players will have a hope at one day obtaining it. It will still be rare and rather pricey, but a better option than pulling an imp-scroll on them;"Oh, you want to re-scatter your eyes, well congrats, there's three scatters in existence and you can never obtain one, have fuuuunnnnnnnnn."
7aBE8fh.png+3 FR time
@Ista

Well, something I have noticed is that most people keep pointing to the primal eyes, or the multi-gaze. The odds of getting those specific unappealing eyes are pretty low.

Like I said before, I am just trying to spin a positive way of looking at it, instead of choosing to look at it as “my breeding projects are ruined” because most of them probably aren’t.

No matter how you spin it, it’s here to stay. So, I choose to look at it in a positive way instead of focusing on the negatives.
@Ista

Well, something I have noticed is that most people keep pointing to the primal eyes, or the multi-gaze. The odds of getting those specific unappealing eyes are pretty low.

Like I said before, I am just trying to spin a positive way of looking at it, instead of choosing to look at it as “my breeding projects are ruined” because most of them probably aren’t.

No matter how you spin it, it’s here to stay. So, I choose to look at it in a positive way instead of focusing on the negatives.
@AncientHourglass

You know, I originally typed out another full response about why people are upset even though the chances of any individual dragon getting primal or multi-gaze is low, but you have made it apparent your original post wasn't actually a question about why people are upset. If you want to be positive, just be positive! There are a lot of things to like in this update. Hell, even if you wanted just to say "I think the system is fine as it is and disagree about needing a default scroll," that would be fine. But right now you sound less like you are feeling positive, and are more annoyed at the people who are expressing negative feelings.
@AncientHourglass

You know, I originally typed out another full response about why people are upset even though the chances of any individual dragon getting primal or multi-gaze is low, but you have made it apparent your original post wasn't actually a question about why people are upset. If you want to be positive, just be positive! There are a lot of things to like in this update. Hell, even if you wanted just to say "I think the system is fine as it is and disagree about needing a default scroll," that would be fine. But right now you sound less like you are feeling positive, and are more annoyed at the people who are expressing negative feelings.
igmcfSH.pngPXjp8QF.pngOn4IJIp.pngxcRmvRB.pngprsdX1I.png
@Ista

You know what, you have a good point there! I was feeling a bit annoyed at the negativity, but I think you’re totally right. I could have definitely voiced my opinion in a more fashionable way.

I appreciate your two cents, and I will definitely think about that next time I’m making a post!!

Hey, I learned something today :D
@Ista

You know what, you have a good point there! I was feeling a bit annoyed at the negativity, but I think you’re totally right. I could have definitely voiced my opinion in a more fashionable way.

I appreciate your two cents, and I will definitely think about that next time I’m making a post!!

Hey, I learned something today :D
@AncientHourglass

Raising a ruckus is one way of folks trying to make it not stay because it fundamentally alters how they play the game in ways that are not fun or desired. Egg rot was a mechanic that people hated enough that staff changed it, for example.

I genuinely love the idea of eye types and think if implemented well it's a wonderful addition to the site, but as currently implemented - with frustrating RNG that is intended to be closed off as an option in a couple of days for older dragons, by not having a way to at least get rid of unwanted eye types on new hatchlings, and by changing our existing dragons without acknowledgment or a way to change them back (this part REALLY grinds my gears) - it's a botched execution and a breach of trust that makes me at the very least want to go on hiatus.

If it's working as intended, the way staff intended it to work is going to drive people off the site or at least to play less. That's not a good thing for any business.
@AncientHourglass

Raising a ruckus is one way of folks trying to make it not stay because it fundamentally alters how they play the game in ways that are not fun or desired. Egg rot was a mechanic that people hated enough that staff changed it, for example.

I genuinely love the idea of eye types and think if implemented well it's a wonderful addition to the site, but as currently implemented - with frustrating RNG that is intended to be closed off as an option in a couple of days for older dragons, by not having a way to at least get rid of unwanted eye types on new hatchlings, and by changing our existing dragons without acknowledgment or a way to change them back (this part REALLY grinds my gears) - it's a botched execution and a breach of trust that makes me at the very least want to go on hiatus.

If it's working as intended, the way staff intended it to work is going to drive people off the site or at least to play less. That's not a good thing for any business.
jtgoRWq.png
I JUST USED A SCATTER AND I GOT THE SAME COMMON EYES I ALREADY HAVE.... so apparently you don't need a Remove Eyes scroll--just use another scatter :/

Edit: scattered same dragon and got Unusual eyes
I JUST USED A SCATTER AND I GOT THE SAME COMMON EYES I ALREADY HAVE.... so apparently you don't need a Remove Eyes scroll--just use another scatter :/

Edit: scattered same dragon and got Unusual eyes
Thank you for this update! The eyes are beautiful! I really like multigaze! It looks fantastic to me, but I do see why people could be uncomfortable with it. Maybe a toggle option for those who need it? That could help them.

I think Eyes are a great, great way to add variety and uniqueness to dragons. I know many will find their breeding projects ruined, that's also true. Please please consider adding the scrolls in a permanent way, or at least providing us a chance (a permanent, solid chance) to revert to common eyes. I bet no one would object to a gem/treasure option.

Everyone is talking about the common eye scrolls, adding the scatterscroll to higher Baldwin levels, rarer drop chances, or maybe even making it a holiday item! Like in Joxar's inventory or even a once a year item. Maybe for christmas? Since there's no elemental event there. For me, it needs to be a little more "user friendly"; right now there's not really a way to escape it if you don't get the eyes you want.. Three days is too little time to get your hands on as many scrolls as you can before they're gone forever. Please don't make them be gone forever.

I'm super grateful for this update and I hope you keep putting all this effort into this site. Thank you for giving this to your players, and I'm sorry for all those who like to bash and ruin things for everyone by being rude, confrontational, negative, and ungrateful.
It may need a few tweaks to be properly incorporated into the gameplay, but Eyes is a fantastic update!
Thank you for this update! The eyes are beautiful! I really like multigaze! It looks fantastic to me, but I do see why people could be uncomfortable with it. Maybe a toggle option for those who need it? That could help them.

I think Eyes are a great, great way to add variety and uniqueness to dragons. I know many will find their breeding projects ruined, that's also true. Please please consider adding the scrolls in a permanent way, or at least providing us a chance (a permanent, solid chance) to revert to common eyes. I bet no one would object to a gem/treasure option.

Everyone is talking about the common eye scrolls, adding the scatterscroll to higher Baldwin levels, rarer drop chances, or maybe even making it a holiday item! Like in Joxar's inventory or even a once a year item. Maybe for christmas? Since there's no elemental event there. For me, it needs to be a little more "user friendly"; right now there's not really a way to escape it if you don't get the eyes you want.. Three days is too little time to get your hands on as many scrolls as you can before they're gone forever. Please don't make them be gone forever.

I'm super grateful for this update and I hope you keep putting all this effort into this site. Thank you for giving this to your players, and I'm sorry for all those who like to bash and ruin things for everyone by being rude, confrontational, negative, and ungrateful.
It may need a few tweaks to be properly incorporated into the gameplay, but Eyes is a fantastic update!
1 2 ... 210 211 212 213 214 ... 304 305